Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD

Thanks
    Thanked 3,836 Times in 1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul666 View Post
    I wonder if we'll finally see these events happen.

The second one's important since the season opened with that image.
    There are a few theories about that second one. It's obviously a child with an adult man. People first thought it was Robin and Enoch, but now, after Deke's completely random line "maybe I should shave my head?" when he was drugged, it's been speculated that it may be foreshadowing and that it's going to be him in the picture, several years from now - and that the child may even turn out to be his mother. Now that would be even weirder than him hanging out with his grandparents before he's even born.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Sunnydale High Student Nebula1400's Avatar
    Thanks

So no Thanos fallout in the finale, but
    Spoiler:
    we will see the return of Fitz. Not sure about Coulson, though.
    Last edited by Nebula1400; 19-05-18 at 03:27 AM.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 893 Posts

I'll spoiler hide this since not everyone may have seen the finale when I post this.

Spoiler:
    Well,you guys were right.No dusting.And this really did feel like a series finale.I'm glad the show is back for season 6 but damn that was a very poignant and beautiful ending.I thought this was one of the series best episodes as a whole.

Some interviews.Again,spoiler hiding.

Spoiler:
    http://tvline.com/2018/05/18/agents-...de-caestecker/

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. EPs Talk About Season Finale's Emotional Exits

By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 18 2018

The following contains alllll kinds of major spoilers from the Season 5 finale of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

“Save the team leader, or save the world” was the dilemma facing Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Season 5 finale this Friday. In the end, were they able to avert catastrophe and keep their team intact?

In a word, no.

After some heated debate, May ended the Centipede serum standoff by smashing the odium vial, leaving them with but one option — to save Coulson. Talbot meanwhile flew Qovas’ ship to Chicago, after pressuring young Robin to pinpoint a place to burrow for gravitonium. There, Talbot perched the ship atop two buildings, before he descended to street level to extract a pillar of Earth, from which he grabbed a glob of gravitonium.

Back in River’s End, Coulson seemed right as rain after being handed the Centipede serum to fix what ails him. Except, he didn’t take it, declining to cheat death again. As a result, we later learned, Daisy had proceeded to grab the vial before taking off for Chicago to face down Talbot. The turbo-charged general got in some solid licks, at one point flying Daisy up into the sky, and then back down to the ground, delivering an epic body slam to Quake. But just as Talbot went to “absorb” Daisy with his gravitonium tendrils, she shot herself up with the Centipede was was able to get free and quake Talbot up, up, and away, all the way into orbit.

During the Earth-shaking street scuffle, the ship that Talbot parked atop the buildings teetered, with Robin and her mother Polly still inside. Mack, May and Fitz arrived on the scene, just as Robin made her way off the ship and into a building’s high floor. Mack then heroically dashed inside to find Polly, which gave Fitz and May pause, seeing as neither Mack nor Polly “make it” into the future they saw. May fixed that, however, by boarding the ship herself to help Mack fend off some aliens and save Polly. But as the Daisy/Talbot fight reached its seismic peak, rubble crashed down on Fitz, leaving him mortally injured. Fitz feared “just” a spinal break, but it was much more than that, and Mack sat at his side, comforting his friend, as life quickly drained from him.

In the wake of Daisy’s big win followed by Jemma’s tragic loss, the team gathered for a “celebration” of some sort, over drinks. Coulson spoke fondly of the heroes he has had the pleasure of working alongside, while Jemma explained how we never truly “move on” from the tragic losses. Coulson then pulled Daisy aside to say he left her a note, about how damn proud he is of her. Moments later, we realized what is truly going on, as Coulson, with maybe weeks left to live, walks down the Zephyr ramp and onto… a sandy beach in Tahiti, where he is joined by May. Holding hands, beaming, they watch Daisy, Mack, Elena, Jemma, Piper and Davis zoom overhead, off to S.H.I.E.L.D.’s next adventure.

Here, executive producers Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen and Jeff Bell — in an interview conducted prior to S.H.I.E.L.D.’s renewal as well as Season 6 being scheduled for Summer 2019 — fielded some burning Qs about what we just saw.

TVLINE| Why did you decide to put an “expiration date” on Coulson during the second half of the season?
    JED WHEDON | One of the things we struggle with on a show where people always come back, and a show founded on a character who was once dead and then brought back, is to how play some of the reality of the stakes of life and death. And as we were moving Daisy into a leadership role, and moving May and Coulson closer together in Season 4, and approaching our 100th, it felt like a good time to sort of re-address the founding notion of our show–
    MAURISSA TANCHAROEN | –which is that he’s already on borrowed time.
    JEFF BELL | It goes back to Ghost Rider at the end of last season.
    WHEDON | Coulson feeling grateful for what he’s experienced, but also aware that it’s finite…. It felt like there was a lot to play there, a lot of good emotion, and we saw that through the season. We love Coulson and we love Clark Gregg, but the stakes are real

TVLINE | Given how the finale ends, should we expect Clark and Iain de Caestecker, and possibly Ming-Na Wen, to not be a part of any Season 6?
    WHEDON | We hope we get to answer that question.
    BELL | [At the time of this interview], there’s no Season 6, so we designed it so that you can imagine it as you want. You can go, “Oh, they came up with a last minute fix” or, “Oh, they had a few weeks together,” or somewhere in between. The ambiguity of it doesn’t undercut the emotion, but it also allows people to respond individually.

TVLINE | The Fitz that Coulson hopes Simmons “finds” one day — that’s the one who froze himself inside Enoch’s ship in the other timeline?
    TANCHAROEN | Yes. He’s on his way to save them.
    WHEDON | He went the long way, so [he and Enoch are] still traveling.
    BELL | They’ll be parked behind Jupiter, biding time.

TVLINE | It may be small consolation, but giving Simmons that hope was a nice touch, because it avoided you going “full Whedon” on FitzSimmons as a couple.
    WHEDON | And by that, you mean “being cruel and killing them”? [Laughs] Is that what you mean by “the full Whedon”?
    TANCHAROEN | [Laughs] But at least you still get to experience the emotion of it — for a little while.

TVLINE | I was waiting for a bonus scene, but there was none. Was there any temptation to hint at what might be coming in the event of renewal?
    TANCHAROEN | We felt like it needed to end in Tahiti. To take away from that would be wrong.
    WHEDON | It’s like having a meal, and you have that perfect last bite, and then you go back and eat one last chip and go, “Ehhh.”
    BELL | It’s also, emotionally, about the two senior members of the team, who in a sense have retired to Tahiti, and there they are watching the future of S.H.I.E.L.D. fly off into a new adventure.
    TANCHAROEN | There was nothing left to do after that.
    BELL | It felt like a nice, succinct ending.

TVLINE | We last saw Deke in the Lighthouse when most everyone else was scrambling to Chicago; there was no scene where we see him “blink” out of existence. As far as we know, is he still in the Lighthouse?
    BELL | That’s a question.
    TANCHAROEN | Did he blink out, or did he go somewhere else?

WARNING: A Major Avengers: Infinity War movie spoiler follows

TVLINE | Talk about the challenge in referencing the events of Avengers: Infinity War without necessarily addressing all of the events. Many who have seen the movie suspected we might see a few agents “turn to dust” in the finale.
    BELL | There are a couple things at play. They changed the film’s release date [to a week earlier]. And if you really look at the movie, an alien ship shows up in New York, and they show up in Wakanda, so in terms of the world’s perception, it’d be very easy to be elsewhere and to not be fully overwhelmed with what’s happening. Now the very end of the movie is a different story, and there’s a world where our [season] has ended before that happens.
    WHEDON | We think of our last few episodes taking place during the film…. [Episodes] 19 through 22 are pretty much one day. Also, one of the things that we tried to do was even if we’re just hinting at a crossover, our concept was to create motivation for our villain, for our antagonist — using the events of Infinity War and using the larger MCU battle to sort of inform [Talbot’s] motivation to become what he’s becoming. That was our main tie-in, trying to drive our own antagonist. We felt like that was a good way to deal with it, but keep the things in our world in our story.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/18/agents-o...ty-war-finale/

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Did the finale include Infinity War shocker?

Natalie Abrams May 18, 2018

Warning: This story contains major spoilers from the season 5 finale of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Read at your own risk.

After Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. dropped a number of hints that Infinity War‘s jaw-dropping ending would befall our beloved agents, the ABC super series closed out its fifth season with a major tragedy — just not the one fans expected.

During the final hour, the team disagreed over whether to save Coulson — would they give him the Centipede serum, or save the world by injecting the serum with a mix of Odium into Graviton? Daisy insisted on saving Coulson while Yo-Yo fought to protect the world. But May took their choice away by destroying the Odium, effectively forcing their hand to save her love.

Alas, Coulson only tricked his team into thinking he took the serum, sending Daisy in to talk Talbot off the cliff. But when he tried to absorb her — he’d steal her powers and use them to crack open the earth — she injected herself with the serum and blasted him into space. In doing so, she broke the time loop they had been stuck in.

Unfortunately, breaking the loop also cost the team greatly. Knowing they survive into the future, Fitz and May went into the spaceship to save Mack and Polly from a grim fate. But it was Fitz who was ultimately killed in the most heartbreaking of ways — seriously, if you didn’t cry during that scene, you’re a monster.

Here’s the good news: Yes, Fitz died, but that was future Fitz. Present-day Fitz is still in cryo-sleep, floating around in space just waiting to be woken up in the future. So there is hope of a FitzSimmons reunion!

But here’s the bad news: Coulson really didn’t take the serum, and therefore only has days — maybe weeks — to live. The team drops him and May off on the white sandy beaches of — wait for it — Tahiti to live out the rest of his days. (Clark Gregg reacts to that heartbreaking ending in the video above!) And that’s it. Seriously. S.H.I.E.L.D. did not follow in the footsteps of Infinity War. Why? EW turned to executive producers Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen and Jeffrey Bell to get the scoop:

[Editor’s note: This interview took place before Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was renewed for a sixth season.]

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You guys had been hinting at possibly incorporating the Infinity War ending. Why didn’t we see that in the finale?
    JED WHEDON: There’s some of that we can’t answer.
    JEFF BELL: Part of what happened was, they changed the release date.
    WHEDON: Yeah.
    BELL: And we move at a different schedule than they do and so suddenly everything was a week earlier, and so we had to make some adjustments and that’s how we end up with our story.
    WHEDON: Right. And the other thing is that there’s certain story points that are so — there would really be no way for us to address it and keep our show intact. Given that there’s another movie coming out, and there’s gonna be constant repercussions of their universe, so what we felt was that the safe play for our story, and for the integrity of our universe, was to operate outside of it.
    BELL: To acknowledge it was happening, but that we had our own problems and we’re dealing with that.
    WHEDON: Right, and also the timeline is a little bit fudged in that we assume that the last couple of episodes of our show take place during Infinity War. We’re running in a lot of real-time at the end of the season.
    MAURISSA TANCHAROEN: The last four [episodes] all in real-time.
    WHEDON: Yeah, so we sort of thought of it as these events are still ongoing as our season ends.

What would that mean if the show is renewed? Is the team somehow magically exempt from Thanos’ snap?
    WHEDON: Yeah, well what we like is painting ourselves into a corner, so that the problem we face is not that our show went off the air, it’s that it’s back on the air. “Oh no, now what?” Yeah, so we’ll have to figure out how that plays, and it’ll depend on what the season looks like and our air dates and all that. So, yeah, that’s a bridge we’ll have to cross.
    BELL: We call it a classy problem.

Coulson says he has days, at most weeks. Should the show be renewed, do you feel like an 11th-hour save is in order, or are you saying Clark Gregg is done with the show after this?
    TANCHAROEN: We never definitively say anything when it comes to …
    BELL: Yeah, he’s been dying for a long time.
    TANCHAROEN: Yeah, he’s been dying for a long time.
    WHEDON: What we do think is that there’s an emotional impact with everything that happened this season and we would never wanna undercut that. That being said, our show’s founded on a man who had been killed in the movies, and Clark Gregg is the foundation upon which our show is built. So, it’s a good question and one we’ll hopefully get to answer by having another season.

What came with the decision to kill Fitz, even though you guys have this loophole?
    WHEDON: I can say that in the writers’ room, I don’t remember what happened, but it was a big eureka moment for us.
    BELL: Right, because the one time loop problem we had was that Fitz was out there in space.
    WHEDON: Yeah, and when we brought everybody back, we talked for weeks about how to bring them back. Do they come back to the diner? Well, then he would still be there. Okay, well, how do we fudge this? And this problem we had in bringing them back — and we brought them back after he had left the planet just to avoid that problem — that problem became this great opportunity. What we realized is the thing that would weirdly have the most impact, one of the most painful things that you can experience, could be then experienced and then, not brought back, but a loophole could be revealed.
    BELL: Actually, it cleaned up a mess a little bit.
    WHEDON: Yeah, exactly. And so, it asks bigger questions about can you change time and all that, but we were pretty excited about that story point. One of the things that we did this year was put them together in a concrete way, because we felt like we pulled them apart too many times, and we realized, “Wait, we can do it again!” So we were all pretty excited.

If the show got renewed, this would be a different Fitz who hadn’t gone through the future experiences, right?
    BELL: Absolutely.
    WHEDON: True.
    BELL: He would have no idea he was married.
    WHEDON: He’d just be trying to find Simmons because he wants to propose.

It feels like Deke made his exit so we wouldn’t know whether he suddenly disappeared or not. Anything you can say of what actually happened to Deke?
    TANCHAROEN: No.
    BELL: I think it really is a mystery. Did he disappear or did he walk away? But that’s a good thing for people to argue about I think.
    WHEDON: Yeah, and we hope they do. Part of this season was about hoping that people on their couches had the same arguments that we had in the writers’ room for hours on end.
    TANCHAROEN: Yeah, we wanted everyone’s brains to melt the way ours did in the writers’ room.
    WHEDON: Wanted to share that just a little bit.

Anything you can say about Daisy’s new powers, and also why you guys ended this finale without her being the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D.?
    WHEDON: Well, she’s definitely juiced up in some way, and how much that carries, we’ll see. We talked a lot about how to change their timeline and the decisions that would be made, and who would ultimately make that decision. And we felt like Coulson had to be the pivotal point of it, in that it became giving it to her. But in terms of her not being the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D, we don’t really think of it that way. We think of it as the strongest move she made as a leader was installing Mack as the head. We think of that as her ascension to what Coulson believes she could be. He says, “I couldn’t have said it better myself. I need you to start figuring out these problems.” And she had a real big one on her hand, which is our team has no cohesive gel, nothing holding it together. And here’s a guy who made a great speech at the beginning of the episode, and she realized, “Wait a second, I still want to be the tip of the steer. I want someone else to be in charge of where I go.”
    TANCHAROEN: I think a huge part of the beauty of Daisy as a character, and the reason why we find her so compelling, is that for the past five years, her entire story has been about her forging her own identity. So perhaps, in this place where she is emotionally, and of course with the potential loss of her father figure, this is just another part in her journey. So her stepping down might not necessarily mean that she will never be the leader, but if anything it does show merit in her potential in being a really, really spectacular leader, essentially.
    BELL: Yeah, and we think of the two of them [as leaders]. Even at the end of the episode, she’s sitting shotgun, feet up on the dash, she thanks him for the plane, there’s a sense of ownership of S.H.I.E.L.D. and she’s the one who says, “Where we going?” There’s a sense that she’s leading the charge, she just wants someone else deciding where that charge goes.

How important was it for you guys to end up in Tahiti?
    BELL: Well, we’ve known that since forever.
    TANCHAROEN: Forever.
    BELL: Since we started, since episode 1.
    WHEDON: We thought it was a beautiful image and we all latched on. It’s one of the things where you don’t overthink it. We latched onto that and went, “That will be great.” It’s an emotional thing for him. We even heard from Mike Peterson that this was something he always wanted. Our big mystery in episode 1 was, “Never been to Tahiti.” He doesn’t know, and he can never know. And here he is, finding some sort of peace on that beach. We love that image and we were solid on it all the way.

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return in summer 2019. Clark Gregg addresses his future with the show here.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/18/agents-o...rk-gregg-exit/

Agents of SHIELD's Clark Gregg addresses future with ABC series

Natalie Abrams May 18, 2018

Warning: This story contains major spoilers from the season finale of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Read at your own risk!

Since the creatives minds behind Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were unsure as to whether or not the show would get renewed — it did! — the season finale brought the ABC super series full circle with a bittersweet end to the story of Phil Coulson.

After the team thwarted Graviton and broke the time loop, Coulson (Clark Gregg) was ready to go quietly into the night. (tldr; he was healed of his Avengers injury by a Kree serum, which burned off when he temporarily took on the powers of Ghost Rider, so he’s dying again.) At the end of the hour, Coulson was dropped off in Tahiti with Agent May (Ming-Na Wen) to live out his final days. Tahiti, if you’ll recall, was the name of the project that brought Coulson back to life, hence why the producers always knew Coulson’s story would end this way.

However, with the show now renewed for a 13-episode sixth season, set to air next summer, EW asked Gregg whether it feels weird to think Coulson’s story might continue after such a touching ending — and fans might not like his answer.

“I don’t get any sense that it will,” Gregg says. “It doesn’t feel weird to me that it might go forward because I don’t know that that’s the case.”

Alas, Gregg says there’s no official news on whether his character will be back. “I know that they’ve picked up the show, I don’t know if it includes me,” he says. “I don’t know if it’ll just be me in flashbacks or sexy dreams with Agent May.”

Watch our full interview with Gregg above, and read our postmortem with the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producers here.

Agents of SHIELD’s Showrunners Break Down That Deadly Season 5 Finale

Agents of SHIELD's showrunners discussed the Season 5 finale's major deaths, teased the show's future in a post-Infinity War world and more.

https://www.cbr.com/agents-shield-se...ncharoen-bell/

ETA

Another interview

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. bosses open up about that tragic season finale

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/agents-...-season-finale
    Last edited by BAF; 19-05-18 at 03:47 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (19-05-18)

Thanks

Knew there'd be no snap. It ends well with the eldest agents retiring for a possibly brief happy ending but with some ambiguity if they save him. (Obviously they will next year). Some cool action sequences and Daisy admitting she's not ready to be the leader yet. A loss, although they can get Frozen Fitz back. Tallbot had been screwed over one too many times, combined with his brain damage he was too far gone. Did not expect Daisy to space him but it makes sense, get Gravitron where there is no gravity. Really good VFX in the battle scenes.

Not sure how I feel about undercutting that, it kind of takes away from his tragic last words and all. And it gives them an out with the whole cutting into Daisy part since Frozen Fitz never did that.

What was May smashing with the sledgehammer at the end? It couldn't make it out.

So it's not WHH although we don't know what happened to Deke yet. Until the Frozen Fitz part I thought they were going to reveal Simmons was pregnant already.

So the change must have been Coulson not taking the cure, therefore giving Daisy enough power to take Talbot down. If he had, he and Daisy both die in Chicago Fitz, Simmons, May and Elena make it back to the Lighthouse. The only part that doesn't quite jibe is Future Elena said she remembered fire and reaching for Mack when he died; though I suppose he and Polly could have died a different way had Talbot actually destroyed everything.

I wonder if they'll include Vjay Nadeer and/or Felix Blake next year. Both have other shows with The Resident and Bosch so a contract thing might prevent them from going to ABC but with next summer to wait they should be able to find some time in the schedule if it's allowed.

ETA: Frozen Fitz never got engaged nor married either! That's a bit of a cruveball.
    Last edited by DanSlayer; 19-05-18 at 04:40 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

Nebula1400 (19-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanSlayer View Post
    What was May smashing with the sledgehammer at the end? It couldn't make it out.
    It was the fragment of the white monolith, so that the two time era's can't ever interact with each other again.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lostsoul666 For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (19-05-18),Nebula1400 (19-05-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 893 Posts

'Agents of SHIELD' Star Clark Gregg on the Tragic Season 5 Finale

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...erview-1113016

Bronze Party-Goer Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

I was waiting for a Thanos snap, but I'm not upset we didn't get one. The episode was basically flawless otherwise. I was in tears and would seriously judge anyone who wasn't. It's a brilliant loophole that Fitz is still floating in space, and I guess if they got back right after he left, they could still find him without a monolith. I find it hard to believe Coulson will just die like that, but if they have the courage to do it, I think it's brilliant. This was also the best episode for Yoyo and Daisy in a while- I think the team coming together did wonders for them.
    Hello cutie

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fool for Buffy For This Useful Post:

Nebula1400 (19-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fool for Buffy View Post
    I was waiting for a Thanos snap, but I'm not upset we didn't get one. The episode was basically flawless otherwise. I was in tears and would seriously judge anyone who wasn't. It's a brilliant loophole that Fitz is still floating in space, and I guess if they got back right after he left, they could still find him without a monolith. I find it hard to believe Coulson will just die like that, but if they have the courage to do it, I think it's brilliant. This was also the best episode for Yoyo and Daisy in a while- I think the team coming together did wonders for them.
    Well, then you have to seriously judge me.
    I don't think the finale was all that great. It was always obvious that they would change the timeline i the finale, but they never explained how it works. Does it mean that the multiverse theory is true? What happens with Deke? What about Flint and Tess and all the people in the future? It was all "oh well, it's changed now. That's it."

Time travel often doesn't make sense or is poorly done, and I don't think this was the best way to do it.

And really, couldn't Future Elena have told Elena something more useful, like "Don't let Talbot get anywhere near Gravitonium", rather than "don't try to save Coulson", which was only likely to cause problems?

In the end, they only killed off Talbot. It was also a really convenient cop-out that they killed off the one main character that can easily be replaced by the slightly younger version of himself floating in space. I was at first shocked they were killing Fitz, and then remembered "Oh... Icicle Fitz".

And I guess now I don't have to wait for that apology from Fitz to Daisy that never came in the last 8 episodes, since Icicle Fitz didn't live through or do any of the things from 5.06 to 5.22. Unless it's the Framework Ward type of apology where you apologize for what another version of you did, even though you never did it and have no memory of it. Maybe the team does a better job monitoring Fitz' mental health and post-Framework trauma and helps him immediately, before he starts having a big identity crisis as in 5.14.

Coulson is dying, but they could still bring him back for season 6, and then only have him die in the actual series finale, if season 6 is the last.

Nothing in this finale made me think "Wow, what a bold choice" as I did in the season 3 finale, for instance.

I like this season overall definitely less than 4, and probably less than 3 and 1 as well, though maybe not less than 2. I think this finale ranks 3rd or 4th for me as far as finales go. Episode 5.8 is probably the only episode this season that makes it to my top 10 overall.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Sunnydale High Student Nebula1400's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanos's snap probably happens after these events. When the show returns in the summer of 2019, the snap story will have been resolved. We'll get some throw away line about it and Captain Marvel. Maybe Coulson is one who got all ashy, and in the process, got saved. Captain Marvel, finding he is dying, will save him. Then he can return to the series.

Or something like that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    Well, then you have to seriously judge me.
    I don't think the finale was all that great. It was always obvious that they would change the timeline i the finale, but they never explained how it works. Does it mean that the multiverse theory is true? What happens with Deke? What about Flint and Tess and all the people in the future? It was all "oh well, it's changed now. That's it."

Time travel often doesn't make sense or is poorly done, and I don't think this was the best way to do it.

And really, couldn't Future Elena have told Elena something more useful, like "Don't let Talbot get anywhere near Gravitonium", rather than "don't try to save Coulson", which was only likely to cause problems?

In the end, they only killed off Talbot. It was also a really convenient cop-out that they killed off the one main character that can easily be replaced by the slightly younger version of himself floating in space. I was at first shocked they were killing Fitz, and then remembered "Oh... Icicle Fitz".

And I guess now I don't have to wait for that apology from Fitz to Daisy that never came in the last 8 episodes, since Icicle Fitz didn't live through or do any of the things from 5.06 to 5.22. Unless it's the Framework Ward type of apology where you apologize for what another version of you did, even though you never did it and have no memory of it. Maybe the team does a better job monitoring Fitz' mental health and post-Framework trauma and helps him immediately, before he starts having a big identity crisis as in 5.14.

Coulson is dying, but they could still bring him back for season 6, and then only have him die in the actual series finale, if season 6 is the last.

Nothing in this finale made me think "Wow, what a bold choice" as I did in the season 3 finale, for instance.

I like this season overall definitely less than 4, and probably less than 3 and 1 as well, though maybe not less than 2. I think this finale ranks 3rd or 4th for me as far as finales go. Episode 5.8 is probably the only episode this season that makes it to my top 10 overall.
    Eh, had they not let Talbot near the ooze than everyone except Daisy would have been killed by the shadow beasts. As far as time travel it's either multiverse so Tess and Flint are still in another reality of changed so technically Deke should have been erased.

Hellmouth Tourist HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Forgot about frozen Fitz. Cause I was seriously thinking about giving up on this show. No FitzSimmons, no watching - period!
    Since this was kinda sorta series finale, what are they gonna do about Son of Coul? Any theories?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Fool for Buffy (Yesterday)

Thanks

I think that I figured this drawling out.

The dead person is Robin's Mother Polly. The other people are May, and Yo-Yo.
    In the original timeline Fitz wasn't there, so May stayed with Robin, and didn't help Mack so Mack died in front of Yo-Yo, and than the falling debris hits Polly instead of Fitz.

Bronze Party-Goer Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Forgot about frozen Fitz. Cause I was seriously thinking about giving up on this show. No FitzSimmons, no watching - period!
    Since this was kinda sorta series finale, what are they gonna do about Son of Coul? Any theories?
    Though I think they should have him die, I doubt they will. Best guess is Coulson gets saved by evil and turned into something. Similarly, I think it’s quite possible Fitz gets found by an alien race...
    Hello cutie

Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,307 Posts

Finally caught up. Think this is the first time I've felt emotional about YoYo, I really felt for her in that opening scene and I think I might have sided with her, and I love Coulson.

Some cool CGI which I quite enjoyed. I just chortle when Talbot puts his hands on his hips like a 1950's villain surveying his world.

Loved the way the team went to work to save lives, because that's their most important mission, they are a shield, not a weapon. This really resonated with me. Also really appreciated the Coulson-fake-outs, though I guessed he wouldn't have taken the serum, it's not his nature.

I'm always a little disappointed when the story centres on Daisy and she becomes the hero, though I understand the need to makes 'someone' the hero, this is television after all. I did think her speech to Talbot was sweet, but I loved Talbot's reaction, re-living all those times Coulson has treated him like a joke to manipulate (in his opinion)

The ending was very emotional, and I enjoyed it. The episode was pretty good, but the Coulson 'retirement' was annoying because I'm pretty sure he's coming back. Maybe that was Shields version of the Thanos snap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Finally caught up. Think this is the first time I've felt emotional about YoYo, I really felt for her in that opening scene and I think I might have sided with her, and I love Coulson.

Some cool CGI which I quite enjoyed. I just chortle when Talbot puts his hands on his hips like a 1950's villain surveying his world.

Loved the way the team went to work to save lives, because that's their most important mission, they are a shield, not a weapon. This really resonated with me. Also really appreciated the Coulson-fake-outs, though I guessed he wouldn't have taken the serum, it's not his nature.

I'm always a little disappointed when the story centres on Daisy and she becomes the hero, though I understand the need to makes 'someone' the hero, this is television after all. I did think her speech to Talbot was sweet, but I loved Talbot's reaction, re-living all those times Coulson has treated him like a joke to manipulate (in his opinion)
    I never understand this at all. AoS fandom must be the only fandom in existence where a significant portion of fans is constantly complaining that the superpowered character gets to do things that superpowered characters do in superhero fiction.

The ending was very emotional, and I enjoyed it. The episode was pretty good, but the Coulson 'retirement' was annoying because I'm pretty sure he's coming back. Maybe that was Shields version of the Thanos snap.
    How do you feel about Fitz' death/non-death and the way it was treated? I found that a lot more annoying.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Priceless (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,307 Posts

I never understand this at all. AoS fandom must be the only fandom in existence where a significant portion of fans is constantly complaining that the superpowered character gets to do things that superpowered characters do in superhero fiction.
    I'm just not really a Daisy fan. I appreciate what she did, and am happy that she did it of course, but the character herself just does nothing for me

How do you feel about Fitz' death/non-death and the way it was treated? I found that a lot more annoying.
    Aaargghh, can't believe I didn't mention Fitz. Well at first I thought he was dead, and that's who the plaque was for, but even then I thought they couldn't kill off such a major character, and this must mean Simmons is pregnant now, and I waited to see if she drank the whiskey But then it seems Fitz is still frozen in space, so all is well-ish with the world. I think it was a nice twist actually, and means the ending wasn't perfect and here's the basis for the story for next season - finding Fitz.