Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD

Thanks
    Thanked 3,659 Times in 1,651 Posts

SpoilerTV (which is great for AoS discussions - there are lots of AoS fans there, and there are polls and comment threads and reviews of each new episode) has an interesting new poll:

What was your favorite chapter of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD seasons 1-4?
    https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/12/us...e-chapter.html

I like that it doesn't ask what is your favorite season, but divides seasons into 'chapters' - strings of episodes roughly covering an arc. So there's 3 chapters in season 1, 2 in season 2 and season 3, and 3 in season 4, and you can vote for 3 of your favorites.

I voted for 4C (the Framework!), 1C (Hydra!) and 3B (Hive).
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Nebula1400 (28-12-17),Priceless (28-12-17)

Thanks

So far, 5A is better than anything previously on the show. Friday's episode was one of the best of the series, too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nebula1400 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (28-12-17)

Thanks

Holy crap. Our "Big Bad" offed in 2 seconds by Jemma, his "stray" a second later by Fitz, two allies killed; and our little bad bludgeoned by a newbie Inhuman (who is from the comics). And a new killer Kree with Daisy's powers shut off. They said 2 "pods" or story arcs this year. I wonder if they're cutting this one a bit short or if there's still enough for 5 episodes to bring it to 11/half the season.

Oh episode 12 is going to be our 100th!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanSlayer View Post
    Holy crap. Our "Big Bad" offed in 2 seconds by Jemma, his "stray" a second later by Fitz, two allies killed; and our little bad bludgeoned by a newbie Inhuman (who is from the comics). And a new killer Kree with Daisy's powers shut off. They said 2 "pods" or story arcs this year. I wonder if they're cutting this one a bit short or if there's still enough for 5 episodes to bring it to 11/half the season.

Oh episode 12 is going to be our 100th!
    Neither Kasius nor Sinara are dead. Fitz was using an ICER, and a kitchen knife wasn't enough to kill Kasius. But he may be out of commission for a while and may end up having a scar, and that could be devastating for someone so obsessed with "perfection" as he is!
    The station is still run by the Kree, Kasius' brother is there, and they have to rescue May from the surface full of those monster things...
    Plus the whole thing with getting back to their time, and the whole thing with finding out what happened to the Earth, and whether they can change the future and prevent the destruction of the Earth.

It was still a bloodbath - Tess, Ben and the bad human guy (can't remember his name) are definitely dead. That leaves just Deke and Flint out of the new human characters that the agents have allied themselves with.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    Neither Kasius nor Sinara are dead. Fitz was using an ICER, and a kitchen knife wasn't enough to kill Kasius. But he may be out of commission for a while and may end up having a scar, and that could be devastating for someone so obsessed with "perfection" as he is!
    The station is still run by the Kree, Kasius' brother is there, and they have to rescue May from the surface full of those monster things...
    Plus the whole thing with getting back to their time, and the whole thing with finding out what happened to the Earth, and whether they can change the future and prevent the destruction of the Earth.

It was still a bloodbath - Tess, Ben and the bad human guy (can't remember his name) are definitely dead. That leaves just Deke and Flint out of the new human characters that the agents have allied themselves with.
    Yeah after I saw next week's promo it's clear at least one of them is still alive and angry. Bad human guy was called Grill. Clark Gregg directed this one which was pretty cool. Also quickest purposal ever. Too bad Whedonesque is gone. After Inhumans bombed and with OUAT sinking I'm slightly worried for SHIELD and IrrationalTV isn't here.

On the bright side, The Gifted is coming back. Very enjoyable and excellent in terms of weaving X-mythology into itself while still continuing it's own themes and plots. Through Amy Acker is very underused. Sci-fi/fantasy shows really need to stop wasting time with their main protagonist trying to have a "normal life", especially in S1. With Mack it works better since he's not a lead and given the trauma they've not gotten a chance to process it makes sense. If Daisy or Coulson tried to just live in suburbia it would break the show so we know it's doomed to fail and therefore a waste of time.

Thanks

I miss our running chats on Whedonesque. This show has been fantastic this season, without one bad, filler episode!

I think Daisy is going to be the Big Bad, but she will be an alternate universe Daisy. I also think they can carry it out for 11 episodes. I wonder what they'll be doing for the 100th episode on March 9.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula1400 View Post
    I miss our running chats on Whedonesque. This show has been fantastic this season, without one bad, filler episode!
    As I said before, SpoilerTV is good for AoS chats. There are lots of AoS fans there.
    Here's the discussion thread for the latest episode: https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/01/po...f-marvels.html

You can always use the search function for finding other posts on SpoilerTV tagged with AoS or another show you're interested in. https://www.spoilertv.com/search/lab...%20of%20SHIELD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,018 Posts

Just watched episode 6 and really enjoyed it. Loved Fitz! He's grown so much from the geeky science guy and now must be one of the top undercover operatives in any law enforcement agency. He's so good at any role he really should give up on Shield and go to Hollywood Seriously I loved the ep, especially Fitz and Jemma asking each other to marry them, that was so sweet.

I am enjoying Enoch and hope he sticks around. Ben's death was really well done and had some emotional impact. Jemma and Daisy work well together, I really like their friendship.
    Never much cared for picket fences anyway. Bloody dangerous.

Thanks

So SHIELD and OUAT might have a shot though Inhumans is essentially done according to the ABC President:

http://tvline.com/2018/01/08/once-up...ield-inhumans/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (09-01-18),TimeTravellingBunny (08-01-18)

Thanks

Never watched OUAT and Inhumans wasn't that great, but will be very happy to see Shield renewed for another season

Thanks

Wow. It's keeps getting stronger. Gravitron back after so long...both for the audience and the show's timeline as well. Nice backstory on Sinara and Kassius;I'm assuming "the enemy" was the Skrulls. Some good zingers about Fitz's purposal, leaving the weapons on the infested level. And "spies, scientists and superheroes." The only thing that seems a bit fast is Mack bonding with Flint so fast. I know he's probably going through some transference with losing Hope but it still feels abrupt. I knew from cast lists we'd get Old Robin.

Oh in about 3 scenes SHIELD did the "royal brothers hating each other" better then all of Inhumans.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

Nebula1400 (13-01-18),TimeTravellingBunny (15-01-18)

Thanks

Agreed. Another great episode. "Spies, scientists and superheroes" was my favorite line.

"Old Robin" is me. I'm really Robin, and I am getting old!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nebula1400 For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (13-01-18)

Thanks

Great episode, good to see the gang back together (nearly) at least for a while. Can't say I'm a big fan of Flint, we've seen his revenge-a-friend story too many times before. I much prefer Deke and Enoch as new characters. Fitz was so funny with his 'not getting enough credit'. Loving Coulson flying a spaceship, that guy is just naturally cool. (Did anyone else think Faulnak looked like Beeker from the Muppets?)

Thanks

Heh. A little.

I'm slightly worried if/when we get S6 they try to cram some of the Inhuman Royal Family into the show.

Thanks

Yeah, but the writers and directors of AOS are better than for Inhumans, so they might actually do them justice. I suspect, though, they will show up this season.

With 6-plus decades of Marvel material to work with, AOS could feasibly get a couple of more years in. I hope it does. It's the best comic book show on TV, and right now, it's the best show airing.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nebula1400 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (15-01-18)

Thanks

I think they won't be in S5 unless it's some kind of last minute twist to setup S6. They're already working on the 2nd of the two "pods" which has already been teased to be Evil Lady General. Plus they've filmed about 2/3 of the season I believe; and ABC won't officially cancel Inhumans until May. I could see some of the creatives not wanting it but Marvel/Disney might overrule them if they want Inhumans to continue somehow. Of course it about a year or a little longer they'll have the mutants back and won't need Inhumans but still.

Thanks

Okay so if I have this right:

They evacuate a town and Daisy goes there and (accidentally?) ends up destroying the world. May, Fitz, Simmons, Elena and Robin crash the Zephyr and end up building The Lighthouse, forced to except help from the Kree which Elena is killed trying to stop. Robin & May convince the Fitzsimmons to make plans for the monolith machine. Robin grows up and gets banished with Deke's father who finishes the machine. Sometime between May dying and this she saw a way to save the world involving Flint.

Part I'm confused about: Flashback Fitz says "Daisy saw the aftermath and did it anyway." But he's also unaware in the flashback about who would finish the machine. If he and Daisy already saw the future in a loop wouldn't he know about Deke's father as he heard about him from Voss in the episode?

Thanks

How were they in the past, with May mothering Robin and all, when they had been abducted from before that time and brought 90 years into the future?

Thanks

If the flashbacks are from a timeline where they were never taken then the whole "aftermath" comment doesn't make much sense.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

Nebula1400 (20-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula1400 View Post
    How were they in the past, with May mothering Robin and all, when they had been abducted from before that time and brought 90 years into the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSlayer View Post
    If the flashbacks are from a timeline where they were never taken then the whole "aftermath" comment doesn't make much sense.
    So far there's no evidence they're in a different timeline. The flashbacks are things that happened in the "past" (of the Earth) but that will happen to them in their "future". (It's very Lost season 5.)

At some point, probably soon, they will succeed in going back to their time. But since they have memories of the future when the Earth was destroyed, they will try to prevent that from happening. Enoch will introduce them to Robin. At some point Robin will lose her mom, and May will raise her. (Which is so meaningful to May's arc, considering her history - she finally gets to be a mom, to an Inhuman little girl.) Fitz and Simmons will get married (fans have noticed a wedding ring on Fitz's finger in 2022 or whatever the year was.) The agents will work on trying to prevent the outcome they have already seen. In the flashbacks, already have the memories of what happened on the Kree-ruled station and the surface. That's why Fitz said that they are stuck in a time loop and can't prevent what will happen - Daisy couldn't prevent the outcome, Voss couldn't prevent the outcome (referring to Voss' attempt to change the past by killing Daisy).

The only things we don't know is what happened to Mack, what happened to Daisy and Coulson, and how exactly the Earth was destroyed.

Here's a diagram someone apparently made and posted on Reddit:

https://i.imgur.com/TsWFsvv.png