Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,030 Times in 1,077 Posts

I thought this and last weeks were very strong episodes.

Sunnydale High Student Nebula1400's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know why, but I'm having trouble clicking with the show this season. The episodes are likable enough, but I don't really quite feel the emotional resonance that other seasons had. I don't like what they've done with Deek. Daisy just stands there saying gruff stuff while killing stuff with her mind. May exudes her emotionless love for dead Coulson, while Coulson clone brutalizes everyone. There's this manufactured breakup between Mack and YoYo, but there's no chemistry between them.The best part of the season has been Jemma (and Fitz when he's in scenes with her), but even she feels a little off at times.

I still like the series, but I keep forgetting it's on, because there's not enough that happens to make me think about it in between episodes anymore.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nebula1400 For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (Today),Priceless (Today)

Thanks

They had expected Season 5 to be the end and you can tell they're scrambling somewhat to make a new story so I think that's part of it. I like Mack and YoYo together well enough though the temporary love triangle I could have done without. Fitz and Simmons' episode mostly covered ground the audience already knew and while Ian was a great actor with the new information, I don't know if it warranted a whole episode that was essentially a retread to the viewers.

FYI for US/Canada people, the last 2 episodes of the season are airing together on August 2nd.
    Last edited by DanSlayer; Today at 09:45 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (Today)