Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRE-SHOW: QUIZ - think you can handle it??

Thanks

Talking PRE-SHOW: QUIZ - think you can handle it??

AFA 2013 - Quiz Time!

Welcome to FIFTH AFA EVENT and as a special little lead in for the ceremony taking place tomorrow night (omg, it's sooooo soon now!!) I am kick starting the AFA quiz!!!

The quiz will consist of four rounds as follows...

Check back at the times listed below and I will add in the questions/rounds using the spoiler tags under the round headings. THERE WILL BE AWARDS FOR THOSE WHO SCORE HIGHEST!!! Or, you just have a go at trying to work out the answers for the fun of it!!! Even if someone guesses the same answer as you, still post your answer, I will be tallying up the scores to see who gets the most points!!

I am posting this just now to give you all a bit of a heads up that this going on so you know to check back later! (Also, the times are all listed in GMT, sorry!! They also approximate!!!)

PM YOUR ANSWERS TO ME!
    Feel free to chat around your answers in this thread and discuss the quiz though!!!!

Round 1
    Round 1: General Knowledge - Part I - behind the tag!!
    This round will feature six questions regarding past AFA events, and should hopefully be a nice EASY start to the night (before I get a tad evil!), there's 10 points up for grabs in this one!

Spoiler:

Question 1: In this year's AFA awards we have more categories than in any other year. Does anyone remember how many categories we had in year one? (1 point)

Question 2: How many different TV series have had categories of their own (and can you name them! (4 points)

Question 3: In the first AFA event we did not have 7 techniques categories, can you remember how many there were and what they were? (2 points)

Question 4: What was the first year the 'Other Mediums' category came about? (1 point)

Question 5: After the first AFA event, we held a poll for 'best dressed', who won? (1 point)

Question 6: What were the two main colours featured on the first AFA webite? (1 point)

Round 2
    Round 2: Name that Artist - BEHIND THE TAGS
    For this round I will be showing you 100x100px sneak-peaks of wallpapers submitted in the first three ceremonies and you will have to guess which artist created the wallpaper! This Round has five 'sub-rounds' if you will, with 5 images for each of: BtVS, Supernatural, Twilight, Celebs and Other. This means you have a total of 25 points you can snag in this round!!
    These will be posted as follows:

2.1 Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wallpapers, 8.30pm - BEHIND THE TAG!!
    Spoiler:

01. 02. 03. 04. 05.

2.2 Supernatural Wallpapers, 9pm - BEHIND THE TAG!!
    Spoiler:

01. 02. 03. 04. 05.

2.3 Twilight Wallpapers, 9.30pm - BEHIND THE TAG!
    Spoiler:

01. 02. 03. 04. 05.

2.4 Celeb Wallpapers, 10pm - BEHIND THE TAG!
    Spoiler:

01. 02. 03. 04. 05.

2.5 Other Wallpapers, 10.30pm - BEHIND TAG!!
    Spoiler:

01. 02. 03. 04. 05.

Round 3
    Round 3: Guess the Categories - Behind the Tag!
    Getting trickier now, this round will involved trying to work out what pieces were nominated in which categories! I will show you 11 wallpapers, there is one for each of the emotions (love, drama, comedy, tears) and techniques (stocks, colour, light, manip, composition, text and textures) and it's up to you to work out which one is which! With 11 pieces, you have 11 points potentially up for grabs here, if anyone gets all 11 right you get 15 points!! (To confirm, for each piece you are guessing what category it was nominated in, so do "Artist - Piece - nominated in Best use of Text" for your guesses :P)

Spoiler:

The pieces are below, click the thumbnails for full size, they are as follows:
    • Amber - Long to Die
    • Arista - Wandering
    • Bre - We're Running out of Land
    • Ehlwyen - Looks Like You Got Away
    • Heather - What's Dead
    • Jennilou - Taste Goodbye
    • JJ - On and On
    • Line - The Heroine
    • Marilyne - He Was Everywere
    • Signe - Donna Reed
    • Zugma - 148 Days

Round 4
    Round 4: General Knowledge - Part II - behind the tag!
    This round will feature another set of questions regarding past AFA events, but this time it will get a bit trickier and you may find yourself guessing at random numbers rather than actually knowing anything!! Also, the points are dependent on how much people know, so... it's a free for all!

Spoiler:

Question 1: What is the highest number of artists who have voted in an AFA event? (3 points)

Question 2: There are two years tied with the most number of award designers, can you guess the two? (2 points)

Question 3: For the 2009 Ceremony, can you match up the fllowing artists with the number of different wallpapers they had nominated in the event? Artists: Bre, Jennilou, Marilyne, Wendy, Zugma; Number of wallpapers: 17,20,22,24,26 (5 points)

THE REAL TOUGHIES:

Question 4: How many different artists got best wallpaper awards in the 2008/09 ceremony? (Hint: there were 20 places and 26 awards including ties) (3 points, but if you can name the artists who won you will also get 1 additional point for each correct name!!)

Question 5: if you add together all of the awards given out between the first four AFA events, how many awards do you think there were?
    (Points will depend on how many people guess, if 10 people guess, closest guess gets 10 points, furthest gets 1!)

Question 6: Not including tonight's AFA awards, how many artists have only participated in one event (nominated and voted in one event and never nominated/voted in any others), and can you name them? (1 point for each correct name!)

Question 7: What was the date of the first ever AFA ceremony?
    (As above, points will depend on how many people guess, if 10 people guess, closest guess gets 10 points, furthest gets 1!)

ANSWERS!
    These will be posted before the Red Carpet kicks off... probably around 6pm GMT, but depending on how many people are giving it a go, I may just leave it open for a while longer!! (Even if I don't post the answers, I will still be doing awards for the winners and will use the scores from 6pm to judge these)

GET YOUR GAME FACES ON!!!!

ENJOY!!
    *huggles n squishes*
    xxx

PS... please do head over to the A! Studios Interviews section and do your pre-show interview too, I'm quite excited to see everyone's responses!!
    Last edited by slaycandy; 11-05-13 at 01:49 PM.

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

Destiny (10-05-13),Ehlwyen (10-05-13),Nina (10-05-13)

Thanks

OMG, i love you for doing this!! I love quizzes!!
    And I can't believe you'd take the time to do this considering you probably have a lot of work on your hands.
    Are you like the best person ever Sayjay?

EDIT: BTW, are we posting the answers in here, or as a PM to you?
    Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 10-05-13 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks

First delay of the afas... Im stuck in traffic lol... First round will be up when im home!

Thanks

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................... lol!!! Feel free to guess one at a time, or all together... I really can't wait to see the answers people come up with, :P teehee, and it will get trickier!!!

*huggles*
    x

Thanks

Hey guys, just as an FYI, to see what you wind up scoring...

PM YOUR ANSWERS!

feel free to discuss the questions/your ideas/thoughts in here And if you don't care about people seeing your answers then just post them I will keep checking back!!

Thanks

Just a wee query....when you talk about categories do you mean the main ones or also the sub categories within the main one?

Thanks

I thought the questions were pretty tough for "easy" ones ...and I've attended every AFA ceremony...there's only one answer I'm almost sure of

My answers
    Spoiler:
    Question 1: In this year's AFA awards we have more categories than in any other year. Does anyone remember how many categories we had in year one? (1 point) 21
    I'm not sure I got the question right

Question 2: How many different TV series have had categories of their own (and can you name them! (4 points) 6: Buffy, Angel, Supernatural, Smallville, Moonlight, Veronica Mars
    This one I know i'm forgetting some shows since the only reason I remembered Moonlight was cause I designed an award for it.

Question 3: In the first AFA event we did not have 7 techniques categories, can you remember how many there were and what they were? (2 points) 4: Color/Lights, Textures/Brushes, Composition, Stocks
    I think I got that one right.

Question 4: What was the first year the 'Other Mediums' category came about? (1 point) 2010

Question 5: After the first AFA event, we held a poll for 'best dressed', who won? (1 point) J.J.
    I'm pretty sure about that one.

Question 6: What were the two main colours featured on the first AFA webite? (1 point) Purple and Blue
    Maybe it was pink instead of purple...but then again, maybe it was orange and green with hints of turquoise and red...
    Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 11-05-13 at 12:35 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandora's_Box For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debbiefm View Post
    Just a wee query....when you talk about categories do you mean the main ones or also the sub categories within the main one?
    Anything where there has been a "Best TV SHOW wallpaper" category/award, or "Best TV SHOW episodic wallpaper" category/award. Insert TV SHOW name and you have a category

Thanks

Thanks SJ for clearing that up I'm with you Clement.....dread to think how hard it's gonna get. I'll get the ball rolling as I don't mind who sees my answers!

Round 1
    Spoiler:
    Question 1: In this year's AFA awards we have more categories than in any other year. Does anyone remember how many categories we had in year one?
    Question 2: How many different TV series have had categories of their own (and can you name them!
    Tricky one this!!! Maybe 8, Supernatural, Buffy, Angel, Bones, Heroes, Veronica Mars, Twilight, True Blood

Question 3: In the first AFA event we did not have 7 techniques categories, can you remember how many there were and what they were?
    4 - Stocks, Lighting/Colour, Textures/Brushes and Composition

Question 4: What was the first year the 'Other Mediums' category came about?

Question 5: After the first AFA event, we held a poll for 'best dressed', who won?
    JJ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to debbiefm For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

Oops forgot about No 6

Spoiler:
    Question 6: What were the two main colours featured on the first AFA webite?
    Purple/Black

14. The Following User Says Thank You to debbiefm For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    I thought the questions were pretty tough for "easy" ones ...and I've attended every AFA ceremony...there's only one answer I'm almost sure of
    Oh, yup... the best is yet to come :P Tee hee hee heee.

Thanks

round 2 part one is up................. can you work out the artists??? :P

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts

Lmao! I'm not home to answer, but wow these are tough! Or my mind just isnt what it used to be! Looking forward to getting home and trying to answer!

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    Lmao! I'm not home to answer, but wow these are tough! Or my mind just isnt what it used to be! Looking forward to getting home and trying to answer!
    Lol, I tried to make it so it wasn't ridiculously easy, but would be fun trying to see what people came up with, heh. I'll be sticking around all night to enjoy this, tee hee.

Thanks

2.2 is up...... :P

Thanks

FYI 2.4 is up, but am taking a break... I need food!!! :P 2,5 will be up when I'm back! x

Thanks

Keep your guesses coming! I'm hitting the sack to ensure I am well rested for tomorrow night's festivities,

Thanks

Next round is up
    *hugs*
    x

OMG NINE HOURS TIL RED CARPET!!!!

Thanks

Okay, that's it, all of the rounds are now up!!! Give it a go and see if you can answer 'em! :P They are quite tough so if people want some hints along the way I MAY be persuaded....... if you ask nicely,

Thanks

Well i took a look at AFA's website to see how I did on the Round 3 quizz, apparently I did 1/11, so care guys, lots of traps there, Sayjay is evil!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandora's_Box For This Useful Post:

Bre (11-05-13)