Thread: PRE-SHOW BUZZ: Come in to do your A! Interview!!

Thanks

Default PRE-SHOW BUZZ: Come in to do your A! Interview!!

Just to get some pre-show buzz going around here, I've decided to welcome in some of A! news interviewers to get the scoop on our nominees this year... they've got a list of questions and are hoping our artists will spare a few minutes to chat to them before the event to spill on thier art, life, and the upcoming AFAs!! (Just try not to be a Jennifer Lawrence in te process!!)

Copy/paste to give us your interview and you can feel free to decide who is interviewing you if you like! :P Feel free to change the questions, I just wanted to get this going

THE INTERVIEWS:

A! Interviewer: Hi, [artist], how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You:

A! Interviewer: Speaking of which, how many AFA events have you participated in?

You:

A! Interviewer: And of course, this is going to be another fun-filled year! Have you got your outfit all planned out? If so, want to give us any spoilers?

You:

A! Interviewer: Will you be coming along for some of the pre-show fun or making a fashionably late appearance?

You:

A! Interviewer: Well, we will see you there, for now, let's look back at your art over 2011 and 2012. How do you think your style or approach as changed in this time?

You:

A! Interviewer: And, are there any new fandoms or ship you have found yourself arting in that time?

You:

A! Interviewer: Looking over your nominations again, how are you feeling about the pieces you nominated? Are there any you would change now with hindsight?

You:

A! Interviewer: And of course, we're now part way into 2013, and a whole new arting year! How has this year gone for you art-wise?

You:

A! Interviewer: Well, RL can be a real bitch when trying to art, what's [your job]/[what are you studying]/[change to suit] in RL that's keeping you so busy?

You:

A! Interviewer: Well, to hell with RL for this weekend! We're going to be AFA-ing the whole weekend here in our A! studios and we can't wait to get going with this! Thank you for stopping by to talk to us, and we hope to see you again on the red carpet!!! Until Saturday night, best of luck!!

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

Destiny (09-05-13),Ehlwyen (08-05-13),Lyri (08-05-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,219 Times in 1,070 Posts

A! Interviewer: Hi, Nina, how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You: Absolutely, I hope I can make it in time... not sure how I'm going to explain this to my mum. "Hi! Mom, I'm going to leave you alone on this saturday evening because internet stuff!" So I suspect I will show up around half past ten.

A! Interviewer: Speaking of which, how many AFA events have you participated in?

You: I've been nominated before and even won some stunning awards but I wasn't at the ceremony, so this is going to be my first ceremony.... ehm afterparty.

A! Interviewer: And of course, this is going to be another fun-filled year! Have you got your outfit all planned out? If so, want to give us any spoilers?

You: Nope, I think it will be a last minute job. I'm thinking about something with a cape though...

A! Interviewer: Will you be coming along for some of the pre-show fun or making a fashionably late appearance?

You: Not sure if it will be fashionable to be that late

A! Interviewer: Well, we will see you there, for now, let's look back at your art over 2011 and 2012. How do you think your style or approach as changed in this time?

You: I think so, but I think the gap between 2010 and 2011 was bigger.

A! Interviewer: And, are there any new fandoms or ship you have found yourself arting in that time?

You: Sure, I would say that Grimm is certainly a new fandom. I also did more Batman and less Harry Potter. (Although I still have those HP phases.) And uhm, I guess I did/tried some Marvel stuff. But I remain a DC girl, and I can't wait for the Superman movie.... that beautiful red cape!

A! Interviewer: Looking over your nominations again, how are you feeling about the pieces you nominated? Are there any you would change now with hindsight?

You: There are some pieces I'm not extremely fond of, but those were often the only option I had for those categories... so not really. Perhaps my manip entry, I went for one that took me a lot of time and where I had to do more than just a face-swap, but perhaps I should've picked the prettiest manip instead.

A! Interviewer: And of course, we're now part way into 2013, and a whole new arting year! How has this year gone for you art-wise?

You: I had some issues around february, I couldn't make something decent to save my life. But it goes much better the last weeks so I think it goes well. The only disturbing thing is the lack of Harry Potter wallpapers, usually HP is almost 50% of my wallpapers.

A! Interviewer: Well, RL can be a real bitch when trying to art, what's what are you studying in RL that's keeping you so busy?

You: I try to find the wisdom at the faculty of Philosophy... I already had a bachelor in Biology but because of the crisis I couldn't find a job. (At least not one that I wanted...) So now I wait until the crisis is over while adding some more knowledge.

A! Interviewer: Well, to hell with RL for this weekend! We're going to be AFA-ing the whole weekend here in our A! studios and we can't wait to get going with this! Thank you for stopping by to talk to us, and we hope to see you again on the red carpet!!! Until Saturday night, best of luck!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Destiny (09-05-13),slaycandy (08-05-13)

Thanks

A! Interviewer: Hi, Clément, how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You: You bet I am, it's one of the two events of the year i get overexcited about, along with the oscars. Except at the AFAs, i get to be nominated!

You: Every single one, so that makes four, or five...I'm losing track.

You: Nope, as I do every year, I'll pick my outfit during the pre-party.

You: Sure, I'll join the pre-fun, I bet this year there will be posts about "bells", as strange as it may sound.

You: The biggest turn has to be my extended use of promotionnal stills, I really enjoy working with big HD caps.

You: I'd say Game of Thrones, an awesome show with amazing aesthetics.

You: I guess my "best drama piece 2011", which i find quite intense, but doesn't look really good.

You: It went slowly , I've only made three pieces in 2013 so far. But I thought they looked pretty awesome.

A! Interviewer: Well, RL can be a real bitch when trying to art, what's [your job]/[what are you studying]/[change to suit] in RL that's keeping you so busy?

You: Not so much since I have no job at the moment! Though We're in the middle of writing a play with my best friend, which take my mind quite a lot.

Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 08-05-13 at 06:27 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandora's_Box For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hehehe I love this idea, it's going to be great to get to know you guys

A! Interviewer: Hi, Destiny, how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You: I am so so damn excited! Things are definitely starting to feel very "real" and I can't wait for the ceremony. I'm not entirely sure what to expect but I think that makes things all the more exciting.

You: This is going to be my very first one. I remember being around when the last AFAs were going on, but I didn't participate as an artist and just quietly stalked your posts

You: Hmm I'm gonna have to look into the whole outfit-thing I'm not sure what is expected of us but I have a feeling that my date for this special evening is going to be Tom Hiddleston in all forms and outfits imaginable

You: I'm hoping to be here for the pre-show fun, even though I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm currently in the process of preparing for my final exams so if I manage to do my daily load of studying on time, I will be here for the very beginning

You: I think that taking part in the challenges here with you guys changed pretty much everything about my style. I have a bit more confidence, I've learnt a few new techniques and I feel that the whole approach to creating wallpapers and the whole journey of the process is now different for me. Plus there are so many talented artists here that are all on a lot higher level than I am, so I feel that this aspect as well pushes me to try new things and to get better

You: I have definitely got into Hunger Games fandom a lot and even though I haven't made any HG art in a while, I still feel like the series inspires me a lot. Also Game of Thrones (Daenerys especially) gave me a lot of inspiration and I can't wait to get into that more. And one of my strongest obsessions - the Avengers fandom, especialy Loki (and Loki/Thor angst ) - these two just melt my heart. As for the ship part - Buffy and Thor, of course!

You: I feel like I did the best I could with the art I had Unfortunately I haven't been as productive as I'd thought so I couldn't enter many categories, but I'm happy with the pieces I did enter, even though seeing the competition I don't really have any high expectations

You: So far things really haven't been going well. RL has kept me so busy that I barely touched photoshop at all On the other hand I've been feeling a lot more inspired this past week with the AFAs craze and I'm starting to get that familiar itch of just opening photoshop and going nuts

A! Interviewer: Well, RL can be a real bitch when trying to art, what's what are you studying in RL that's keeping you so busy?

You: I am currently finishing up my pre-clinical education as a medical student, so things have been really difficult the last few months. I have a month of my final exams coming up in June, which I need to finish in order to start on the clinical rotations and get my medical degree. Along with that I'm trying to make some money to be able to pay for all the annoying little things like rent and food, so I work as a translator for a few hospitals and universities here in Prague and I also teach english to little kiddies. No rest for the wicked

A! Interviewer: Well, to hell with RL for this weekend! We're going to be AFA-ing the whole weekend here in our A! studios and we can't wait to get going with this! Thank you for stopping by to talk to us, and we hope to see you again on the red carpet!!! Until Saturday night, best of luck!![/QUOTE]
    In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Destiny For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (08-05-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,560 Times in 593 Posts

A! Interviewer: Hi, Lyri, how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You: I'm so damn excited! I'm really looking to the event. Can't wait to see who everyone's wearing!

You: This will be my second event; well, second time I've been nominated, but the first time I've been here for the show.

You: I have a few options I'm looking into.

You: I'll definitely be ere for the red carpet!

You: My style has definitely changed since the last awards. New techniques I've learned and I've grown more confident, mostly due to taking part in challenges at BF and getting more involved in the artist's fandom.

You: I've been doing a lot more Buffy/Dean art in the last two years, and I've really gotten into the Leverage fandom and my art there has increased over the last year or so.

You: There's one or two I wish I'd had another option for, but I think I entered my best pieces.

You: It's going okay, a lot more Supernatural art than I did in the previous year, mostly promos though, so I'm looking to expand on my episodic art. And of course, I'm trying to keep up with my crossover pieces, which I enjoy doing.

You: Recently (like, in the last year or so) I've been diagnosed with a permanent disability in my legs, so I've been attending a lot of hospital and physical therapy appointments, as well as counselling and seeing a personal adviser to find some sort of job I'd be able to do, plus training to do it.

Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 355 Posts

Ooooh, this is FUN!

A! Interviewer: Hi, Bre, how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You: I AM SO EXCITED! There seems to be a bit more buzz around the fanart world this year for the AFAs (or maybe that's just me being super more excited than I normally am?) and it was brilliant to see so many people enter after the little skip that happened. It's fabulous!

You: All of them, I believe! I remember when this was just a little idea and somehow it blew up in all our faces into this wonderful and amazing creation (thanks to the spectacular Sayjay for all her hard work and keeping the community focused like this!).

You: I have no idea what the heck I'm wearing. Where's Amber?! She's my date, we need to coordinate!

You: I'm hoping to be here for everything this year. I luckily have the weekends off so I'm not planning a damn thing for this upcoming Saturday.

You: I think it's gotten a bit more of a smooth look. There are a few pieces that I look at and I can't tell which year I made them. Some from even 2010 that I don't know. So I would imagine it hasn't changed too much. Perhaps I've been able to smooth out and focus the intentions better as the years pass. I've gotten better at manips, that's for sure.

You: Holy crap, Buffy/Dean. I fell on that ship and I'm going down with it, darn it!

You: I'm feeling pretty good about my nominations. I always end up just picking wallpapers whenever I do the nominations because I don't know how to choose. I'm feeling much better about some categories than I have in the past.

You: Pretty good! I'm trying some new techniques and ideas to broaden my horizons, I've been feeling pretty stuck lately.

You: Work (I'm a legal assistant for a medical malpractice attorney) and writing (fanfiction!) - I've been helping a friend of mine get her book edited and read and she has recently released that for publication and it's doing really well and getting a good response.

Oh my god, I answered this like I was really being interviewed. You go, SJ!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bre For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So, figured it was time for me to do this too!!

A! Interviewer: Hi, Sayjay, how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You: SURE AM!! Almost all of the awards are done, saved, uploaded, and I've got a few new things up my sleeve for the next few days (and Saturday night) so, am uber excited to see how it all goes!!

You: None. [laughs] Okay, so, seriously, it's been five events now, and I still love every one of them. If folk keep turning up and helping make this event happen, I'll be here 'til end of time doing it!

You: ARGH! Outfit? No! I don't want to show up naked, but am not sure I can pull off something worthy in the next days... who knows! I won't be doing "the leg" anyway.

You: It's odd, I always save my art by year on a page of my site (and not just to help when it comes to nominating!) so I can look back and see what I've created and how things changed, and one thing I have noticed is I'm starting to use a lot more colour (imo!) if I look at my recent updates there's pinks, blues, yellows, all sorts of colour going on! :P

You: Well my most recent(ish) fandoms are White Collar, Revenge, Castle, Haven and I guess Vampire Diaries (since it was sort of a 2011 art kick for me!)

You: My Best Use of Colour piece, I did my noms before anyone else really and never really looked at them again until they were all uploaded and I had a few moments of 'why did I choose that???' afterward, lol.

You: Well I was off to a great start, entered some challenges and I had a battle with Bre, which got my DA art juices going again; but lately I've been afa-ing and most of my photoshopping has been awards! Fingers crossed I can do some more art soon!

A! Interviewer: Well, RL can be a real bitch when trying to art, what's your job in RL that's keeping you so busy?

You: I'm a first year at a law firm, and it's been busy! I was so glad to get the uni bit over with (7 years was ENOUGH) and get started, and it's been so far, I did my first six months in taxation and am now in energy and renewables (which I'm loving) so it's interesting to see the different departments of law atm!

OMG AWESOMENESS THE AFAS ARE SO CLOSE I CAN FEEL IT!!!!!

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

Bre (08-05-13),Destiny (09-05-13)

Thanks

Thought I'd join in the pre-awards fun

A! Interviewer: Hi, [artist], how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You: very, I keep having what my husband refers to as my 'yay! fanart!' moments

You: this will be my second.

You: no but I have a few ideas rattling around up there though my Damon outfit was rather dapper last year, I may go in another direction altogether this year.

You: Have my babysitter at the ready husband is on Henry duty for the evening so who know's

You: I think that I take longer on a piece now and try to concentrate on quality over quantity. I won't stop working on a piece until I feel that I can find no faults with it...

You: there are new ships, but not really when it comes to fandoms. I just tend to go where I'm inspired.

You: I happy with my entries, and I'm relieved that I had more then I origianlly thought.

You: slow... so very slow. But I do try to art when I have the time.

You: I had a little boy last august so I spend the most of my time taking care of him and keeping the house running I live in Henry world and i'm okay with that. But if a spare moment presents itself... Fanart!

Find me at facebook - tumblr - twitter - livejournal

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firecracker For This Useful Post:

Destiny (09-05-13),slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

You: YAY! (That's a yes. Ready for some super fun times. And since it is Mother's Day weekend, the husband is running interference so I can sped time at this event!

You: All of them!

You: Didn't have time to shop for something new so I am doing the vintage thing and donning an older item.

You: Time will tell. But I think I'll be around on time. Ish.

You: I've made significantly less so I haven't been able to hone my skills as much. But I have gotten more organized with my PSDs and employ lots of groups in them. This also helps me to fiddle around with things that used to be more difficult to do when I was doing it more layer by layer.

You: Game of Thrones! I've only completed two but damn, it is a GORGEOUS show so I will be doing more from it.

You: Not really. The time for second-guessing is over.

You:

You: Life in general. Also, my husband changed his work hours so my usual dedicated computer time has gone to him so I've lost out on some time there.

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenni Lou For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Drunkface McCord little albatross's Avatar
    Thanks

You: As always! I really missed this event last year. The shenanigans, pretty things, and having almost everyone around is the best

You: All of them!

You: No spoilers! But I do have my red carpet outfit picked out. I mean I've been wearing my afterparty outfit from the last event for two years, so I probably should change today haha I couldn't decide until last minute, but I still ended up going with my first choice. We'll see if I'm not too pooped to put on an after party outfit, too.

You: Well, it seems I'm already cutting it close, but I'll make it onto the red carpet!

You: Hmm, probably in that I do things more in pieces now, instead of placing everything on the canvas. I color everything individually, even textures, it feels more like I get each element the way I want it, instead of trying to force one method to work on EVERYTHING. I feel my style is more or less the same, with some experimental pieces along the way. I've become reacquainted with blending more so than I had been in recent years, too!

You: Once Upon A Time! I've gone back to making the original fandom that brought us here, BTVS. I have a few Mindy Kaling/Mindy Project ideas cooking, and I've become more obsessed with arting more figure skating and ballet, which I was too scared to do before.

You: Oh my god, nominating is such a weird process, I don't even want to think about going back on them now!

You: I started out strong with a goal of making at least one piece every week (I can do it cumulatively, so I can do two pieces in one week but zero next week for example) but got a little busy in between - that's when I mostly just do smaller, less time consuming things like gifs or editing screencaps as stress relief.

You: ART! Ironically enough. But studying it is pretty time-consuming.

would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

20. The Following User Says Thank You to little albatross For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

A! Interviewer: Hi, Erin Nicole, how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You: Super excited! There's something about the AFA ceremony that just makes me unable to sit still. It's such a fun event!

You: This will be my 4th AFA event in which I have pieces nominated and have made awards and such for the ceremony.

You: My date/outfit tonight has already appeared in this thread.

You: I'll be attending the red carpet and 1st hour of the ceremony. Unfortunately, after that its gonna be touch and go as I have to babysit one of my client's daughters tonight. I'm hoping to still be able to check in here and there, and be back after I put the kiddo to bed.

You: I think there's been a lack there of. I've seemed to have misplaced my muse about a year ago, and since then I'm happy if I can actually get a piece finished. Other than that I'm not really sure my style has changed very much...arleast to me.

You: 'Sons of Anarchy' and 'Once Upon A Time' come to mind. While I feel like I've gotten into a ton of new fandoms since 2011, I don't think I really did much Art for them.

You: I'm always second guessing myself from the time the nomination period starts. I'm very critical of myself, so I never feel I am 100% sure what my best pieces are and what people seem to like. Honestly, once the nominations are finally sent I try not to think about it. Haha!

You: I think I might have made one or two pieces actually. It's been pretty slow. My website is also down and in need of a resurrection. I've actually made more Art for the AFA ceremony this year, than I have in the past year or so. It's kinda sad, but maybe after tonight my batteries will be recharged and inspired. I'll atleast have my fingers crossed.

You: Besides coming from a large family where something is always going on with someone you have to be there for, I'm also a full time professional nanny & babysitter. Yep, just think of me as Mary Poppins (The movie version, not the book.). I work with a lot of families right now, and it keeps me busy to say the least.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to [erin nicole] For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

A! Interviewer: Hi, Leloo, how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You: Of course I'm excited! I missed the ceremony in 2011 so it's been a few years since I last attended one of these things! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

You: Three. The three first ones!

You: Well, I'm wearing it now so I can't really hide it

You: I'll be late as always!

You: Seeing as I only managed to complete one single piece, I'd say it's pretty much at a standstill

You: It hasn't started yet, unfortunately. I'm super sad about it, but I've been/ am way too busy with school and work!!

A! Interviewer: Well, RL can be a real bitch when trying to art, what's your job/what are you studying in RL that's keeping you so busy?

You: I'm studying full time for a BA in web develoment and I'm working part time as a front-end developer! And somehow I have become one of those weird active people who go horse riding and to the gym several times a week. How that happened, I'm not quite sure

A! Interviewer: Well, to hell with RL for this weekend! We're going to be AFA-ing the whole weekend here in our A! studios and we can't wait to get going with this! Thank you for stopping by to talk to us, and we hope to see you again on the red carpet!!! Until Saturday night, best of luck!![/QUOTE]

Weeeeeeee
    >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Leloo For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

A! Interviewer: Hi, Kiera, how's it going today? We're in the final count-down to what is going to be the fifth AFA awards event, and it seems things are getting ready to roll, are you excited?

You: Ah, kind of. I missed a lot of it so I'm kinda lost ATM :P

You: Two, counting this one. Though I can't say I participated much... was a bit fashionably late, so to speak

You: It's not very elaborate, sadly. Real life kind of took over and I threw something together at the last minute before work this morning :/

You: The second one, obviously :P

You: Um... I have more of a concept/story in mind, rather than just making things look 'pretty.' Most of my work isn't all dark, but the pieces that are, are very personal to me.

You: Hm. L Word, I suppose. I'm starting to art Lost Girl now, when I can.

You: Probably, but that's the fun of it; not knowing.

You: Not well :P Real life - once again - took over.

A! Interviewer: Well, RL can be a real bitch when trying to art, what's your job/what are you studying in RL that's keeping you so busy?

You: Well, I was working at Spencer Gifts until recently. I also had/have a job at Goodwill at the same time so... work life is kind of hectic. But it's starting to slow down. The biggest change right now is that I'm engaged to my girlfriend Tia on April Fool's Day... of all days lol. I spend most of my free time with her and our friends in State College and surrounding areas... so again, RL