Thread: What is the most likely "unlikely" event to occur in the comics?

Thanks

Default What is the most likely "unlikely" event to occur in the comics?

What I mean is out of thousands of potential "that would never happen in a million years" scenarios, which is the most plausible to happen. So far we've seen The Master get resurrected (Season 8), Warren is still alive, Angel & co encountered Quortoth (the old one), and others.

At this point in either Btvs S9 or A&F would it be too far-fetched to speculate former big bads being resurrected and coming back (this already happened with the Master) like Glory or Adam? Or maybe the return of killed off allies like Tara, Anya, and Cordelia.

Not really sure where I'm going with this, just speculating because it seems like in the comics anything can happen and I just want to know what all of the seasoned Buffy & Angel comic veterans think about it.
    325 posts to go til signature

Thanks

Since no one's contributing I will add something: Spike meets a woman and makes love to her. Then later she comes to him announcing that she is pregnant and acts all lovey towards him but aggressive towards anyone else. Andrew theorizes that the woman in question is actually a robot, who is being controlled by a tiny alien from within in order to extract information & power from its victims (in this case Spike).

Eventually the woman tries killing the Scoobies off in order to keep Spike isolated and to herself, then Buffy catches her and the two come to blows and a brutal brawl breaks out until Buffy "kills" her by knocking her head off that is revealed to be circuitry and wires sticking out of her neck instead of blood and her stomach opens up to reveal a little green alien controlling her body like a car.
    325 posts to go til signature

Thanks

I'd love to see Buffy fighting for Spike.

Also, I'd been wanting to contribute to your thread, but didn't really think of anything good...

Except, the return of Sebastian!!! Wouldn't that make me happy...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rihannon For This Useful Post:

Veiriti (05-05-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,680 Times in 2,207 Posts

I don't know what's the most likely unlikely, but how about the most unlikely unlikely?

Angel decides that he's done with big projects since they always get someone killed and start apocalypses and cause other disasters, and begins a new career as a medic in a night shift.

Faith becomes a radio host with a hit show where she gives personal advice to listeners.

Willow makes history becoming the first female and first openly gay President of the USA.

Instead of disappearing, Dawn turns into a big ball of energy, but she and Xander still manage to make things work, although they get weird looks in the street. They make headlines when they sue a restaurant for discriminating against human/ball of energy couples.

Buffy gets a good job and starts a happy relationship with someone and it remains that way. Her boyfriend doesn't turn evil, doesn't die, doesn't get kidnapped. They live happily for many years.

This is unlikely unlikely. The plots with aliens, robots and such would all be quite likely in this comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blix View Post
    Since no one's contributing I will add something: Spike meets a woman and makes love to her. Then later she comes to him announcing that she is pregnant and acts all lovey towards him but aggressive towards anyone else. Andrew theorizes that the woman in question is actually a robot, who is being controlled by a tiny alien from within in order to extract information & power from its victims (in this case Spike).

Eventually the woman tries killing the Scoobies off in order to keep Spike isolated and to herself, then Buffy catches her and the two come to blows and a brutal brawl breaks out until Buffy "kills" her by knocking her head off that is revealed to be circuitry and wires sticking out of her neck instead of blood and her stomach opens up to reveal a little green alien controlling her body like a car.
    In this comic, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this happened.
    Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 14-05-13 at 01:00 AM.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Stoney (14-05-13)

Thanks

I'd say it's unlikely we'd see Hank Summers again.