Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 37. >>> Main Event: Best Artist

Thanks

Thank you all so much for voting for me!!!

Uhm...I have to admit, I was not expecting to get an award at all this year in this category. Didn't like most of my own pieces from 2012 and I don't consider myself as good as you all are.....so 14th place makes me more than happy...especially with that many brilliant artists around.

I, too, need a pencil, a lot of paper and my earlier votes to decided who's my Best Artist of the Year. My top 5 this year were Zugma, Jennilou, Bre, Aureola & Sunnywill.

@Jenni Lou: Your 4th Really? Awwwwwe Thank you!

Edit: I'm so shocked, I totally forgot to congratulate all the other winners Well...Congratulations to all the other well-deserved winners XD
    Last edited by Wicca_Jaz; 12-05-13 at 03:34 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wicca_Jaz For This Useful Post:

Bre (12-05-13),Jenni Lou (12-05-13),Zugma (12-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Lou View Post

If it helps, we know who the top five are. Just not the order of them. Or at least, the order of four of them.
    LOL!!!

And just to point out, we have different winners for the first place of each of the three main events: Erin, Aureola and Zugma!!! woooo!

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaycandy View Post
    LOL!!!

And just to point out, we have different winners for the first place of each of the three main events: Erin, Aureola and Zugma!!! woooo!
    That is so cool!

What a great time I had today!

You continue to be the best, SJ!

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenni Lou For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (12-05-13)

Thanks

My tops in order were: Zugma, JJ, Jennilou, Erin Nicole, Aureola and Bre... and well, I could go on listing them, but, you get the point!!! Soooo many amazing artists this year it was so tough, but like Jennilou I use my earlier votes to decide my top artists, so... you guys got the most votes from me throughout!!!

*huggles*
    xxx

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well no surprises there
    Zugma, Aureola, Jenni, Sayjay, JJ, it all feels quite in order here!

Congrats Zugma (My Top 1) for all that quality art, you remind us all everytime why there's "art" in "fanart".

Congrats Jenni (My Top 2) for delivering amazing and inspirational art everytime, you're like our fulltime job muse for a lot of years now!

Congrats Aureola (My Top 3) for making art always so different and truly spectacular, you're the queen of white canvas, no one will argue on that.

Elle, Erin, JJ, Sunnywill, Destiny, Sayjay, Firecracker, the rest of my Top 10, you had such gorgeous pieces, congrats to you all!

And a little shout-out to Brendan and Stacy, cause your art grew so much here, and it's so deserving for you to get all the awards you got tonight!!!

And finally, Sayjay, I wish I could take all the "Thank You" ever pronounced in the world since the dawn of time, combine them and give you one big fat "Thank You", to tell you how much what you do here is just so appreciated.
    You rock, you rule, you shine, you fly!! I luv you girl!
    Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 12-05-13 at 03:28 AM.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pandora's_Box For This Useful Post:

Destiny (12-05-13),Firecracker (12-05-13),holypotatoes (12-05-13),Jenni Lou (12-05-13),slaycandy (12-05-13),Zugma (12-05-13)

Thanks

OMG I CAN OFFICIALLY SAY IT NOW!!!! We made it through the ceremony without my host crashing, without the laptop dying, without any sudden and inexplicable injuries or illnesses, we're done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, now I'm sad because it's all over, nooooooooooooo!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 725 Posts

My tops were Jj, Zugma, Buffylover and Erin Nicole! Thanks for inspiring me so very much!

Shoutout to Holypotatoes for always doing her own thing! And Elle for her brilliant coloring!

Congratulations to everyone who won an award, it was hard earned and well deserved! :clap:

Lydia made the punch!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

buffylover (12-05-13),holypotatoes (12-05-13),little albatross (12-05-13),Zugma (12-05-13)

Drunkface McCord little albatross's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, thank you so much, everyone who voted for me! This is my highest placement yet, and outside of placements, I was super happy with my nominations for this event and with the fact that I entered almost every category, which I've never been close to before. (part of that mostly due to the fact that we had specific show categories before haha.)

Super congrats to everyone who place, and even those who didn't place. Aside from the top (awesome) ladies, outside of my placements, some of my favorite artists looking back:

Ehlwyen, my queen, my inspiration - she always is great at telling a story imo. And scenic pieces always have a personal touch. And her interpretations are just so amazing and thoughtful and smart.

Nina always inspires me to try new things. She always has such clean style and just looking at her art, I always feel she's super clever.

Demetreas, I've admired your work for a long time. There's something about the overall finish, the feel of your pieces that I love and never quite figured out how to get.

Every time I opened one of Elle's pieces, I was blown away.

Also not to be forgotten, Amber, Bre, Sunnywill, destiny, sayjay, mara.

and I mentioned it in another thread, but I found Sophie's work to be a delight to see when I was voting. after that, i'm definitely looking out for more!

I could go on about everybody, but honestly, I can't say it any better than any of you have!
    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to little albatross For This Useful Post:

Bre (12-05-13),Demetreas (12-05-13),Destiny (12-05-13),Ehlwyen (12-05-13),Jenni Lou (12-05-13),Nina (12-05-13),slaycandy (12-05-13),Zugma (12-05-13)

Drunkface McCord little albatross's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    My tops were Jj, Zugma, Buffylover and Erin Nicole! Thanks for inspiring me so very much!

Shoutout to Holypotatoes for always doing her own thing! And Elle for her brilliant coloring!

Congratulations to everyone who won an award, it was hard earned and well deserved! :clap:
    YES STACY! See I knew I'd feel embarrassed if I kept listing everybody, because I'd forget someone! She always does something fun and interesting.
    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

16. The Following User Says Thank You to little albatross For This Useful Post:

holypotatoes (12-05-13)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Yaaaay I've got 16th place! Thank you to everyone who voted! I love my award, thank you!
    Congratulations to all!
    And what a gorgeous top-3 we have!
    Zugma - it's more than well-deserved, you are FLAWLESS I hope you know that!
    Aureola - you are my personal favourite, I love your minimalistic style and the way you work with text.
    Jenni - absolute master, you always create pixel perfect wallpapers, I LOVE your colors, use of light and composition.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharonalee For This Useful Post:

Jenni Lou (12-05-13),slaycandy (12-05-13),Zugma (12-05-13)

Thanks

I'm so flattered to hold onto the 6th Best Artist of the Year Award for 2 years in a row!

Thank you so much to everyone that voted!!! This award means the world to me and I'm so very glad you all have enjoyed my work in the past years as I seem to make so little of it these days. You all inspire me, and I can only hope I can do the same for you!

I'd like to extend my shout outs to the ever dominating Zugma, Aureola, Jenni Lou, Bre, and JJ! Your work is perfection and make me strive to do better in my own art. I am constantly jealous that I don't possess your skills. and I bow before all of you!
    Last edited by [erin nicole]; 12-05-13 at 09:12 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to [erin nicole] For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 355 Posts

I can't even begin to fathom how my name is up there among all you fine people - year in and year out, the fanart community continues to grow and change and develop and it's so freaking amazing to even be included in this...

THANK YOU to those who voted for me! I'm just like... How? When? Where? Who? What? Thank you!

And congratulations to EVERYONE! I don't even know how I picked! I mean, serioulsy: Destiny, SJ, Zugma, Erin, Dee, Clement, Aureola, J.j., Leca, JL, Buffylover, Lyri, Amber, Firecracker, Lyn... NEED I GO ON? You guys are all such inspirations to me and it's just gosh darn glorious to even be in your company.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bre For This Useful Post:

buffylover (12-05-13),Demetreas (12-05-13),Destiny (12-05-13),Ehlwyen (12-05-13),Firecracker (12-05-13),Jenni Lou (12-05-13),little albatross (12-05-13),Pandora's_Box (12-05-13),slaycandy (12-05-13),Zugma (12-05-13),[erin nicole] (12-05-13)

Thanks

So far I've only been in this thread and the Best Wallpaper of 2012 thread and I'm just like Thanks for all of the shoutouts you guys. And for apparently voting for me enough times to get a best artist award. I guess I have a few more threads to see before I notice the impact I've made.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    OMG I'm so glad for you Stacy, I'm amazed by how much and how fast your art grew!!
    Congrats sweety, you deserve it!!
    Aww, thanks babe!
    Quote Originally Posted by little albatross View Post
    YES STACY! See I knew I'd feel embarrassed if I kept listing everybody, because I'd forget someone! She always does something fun and interesting.
    Thanks Jj! I'm glad my random wallpapers are considered interesting to someone. :highfives:
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,695 Times in 1,275 Posts

I'm in the top 10.... and tied with a master of light: Elle. And some really kind things said in this thread. Thank you! (Also awesome award!)

I can't say I've not the same top 5, only the order is slightly different.

Zugma was number 1 on my list because she is all round the best photoshop artist that I know. Her stuff looks always good but every single one of them has an unique concept and look. And her work always looks so smooth and clean, no small mistakes or hiding an imperfection under a texture. Her work is fantastic and she really deserves to win best artist.

My second place was for JJ, she has such a unique own style. And her wallpapers have always great coloring, beautiful lighting and her talent for composition.
    Also I love how she often picks things to art that others don't art; a ballet or a movie like 'Stardust'.

And Jenni Lou was also third on my list, because I still don't know how she does it.... but those wallpapers with a billion caps. How is that even possible? Also her art always looks flawless, no blending mistakes (despite the many pictures) always daring coloring (harsh and full colors) and still no pixel, no noise. And also every wallpaper looks unique, I always love that about JL's work...

And I wanted to do a shout-out to Buffylover who ended number 7 on my list, mostly because I felt others did more diverse work and showed more. But I love how he makes his own resources every single time for his wallpapers and also the most concepts are very daring and personal. I hope he finds more time to do art again, because his art is truly one of a kind.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

buffylover (12-05-13),Jenni Lou (12-05-13),little albatross (13-05-13),Zugma (12-05-13)

Thanks

Ive just spend most of my morning going through all the posts and this is my final stop.My eyes stink,my head hurts from all the scrolling and reading...scrolling and reading...scrolling and...well you know... also my mouth hurts too because of all the smiling and squealing but regardless this is the best morning EVER!Thank you so much for all the amazing awards especially this one.Im pretty sure Im still dreaming cause theres no way I could be in the 10th place.I seriously need someone to pinch me right now!Thank you SO MUCH guys Im the happiest girl on the planet right now.

So thanks again to all amazing artists for their lovely awards,thank you guys for all your votes and congratulations to everyone who won an award....or didnt because you guys are all WINNERS!Every single piece nominated this year was pure perfection and I cant believe someone can make something so unique and outstanding in Photoshop.You guys ROCK!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunnyWill For This Useful Post:

Destiny (12-05-13),slaycandy (12-05-13)

Thanks

OH-MY-GOD.
    First of all, congrats to every single one of you guys, all of the awards are so, so well deserved and I had such a hard time deciding on my votes Well, I also have to thank Zugma for making every category that tiny bit easier for me, because she always takes care of the first place I really hope you never ever stop with fanart, because I'm like a little kid at christmas every time I see you have an art update. And also, for purely selfish reasons - LOKI!!!

I'm also super happy to see Sharonalee, Sunny, Leca and Bre You guys are amazing Also Nina, Clement and Buffylover (I completely agree with Nina on this - I wish you'd do more art, it's so unique every single time) and the rock stars - Erin Nicole, Jenni Lou, Sayjay, JJ, Holypotatoes... and Sophie, who I'd love to see around some more so much! I feel like I keep forgetting names, I go back and every time I realised I missed someone (Lyri and Mara! Elle! ) - it was so much fun with you guys this year and I hope that we keep this arting thing going for a long, long time

And of course - thanks to all of you who voted for me, I still don't really believe that I would score number 7 among all of you guys

In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Destiny For This Useful Post:

buffylover (12-05-13),holypotatoes (12-05-13),Jenni Lou (12-05-13),little albatross (13-05-13),Nina (12-05-13),Pandora's_Box (12-05-13),sharonalee (12-05-13),slaycandy (12-05-13),Zugma (12-05-13),[erin nicole] (13-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    and Sophie, who I'd love to see around some more so much!
    Aww thank you

and I mentioned it in another thread, but I found Sophie's work to be a delight to see when I was voting. after that, i'm definitely looking out for more!
    Aww thank you so much

Congrats to all of you! You're all ao talented, you amaze me every time I look at one of your pieces.

But special shout outs to jennilou, elle, zugma, sayjay, aureola, jj, destiny, sunnywill, nina and ben who were my top 10! But you all deserved it

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sophie For This Useful Post:

Aureola (12-05-13),Jenni Lou (12-05-13),little albatross (13-05-13),Nina (12-05-13),slaycandy (12-05-13),Zugma (12-05-13)

Thanks

No Way! I got 11th!!!! thank you so much for voting for me xD and congrats to all the other winners!!! I can't believe I'm up there with you talented people.

I found this one so hard to vote for I changed my votes like 20 times I just couldn't fit everyone in so congrats to everyone who didn't place because all the artwork was phenomenon this year, I'm sure I wasn't the only one having difficulty picking only 15 to vote for.

my top five were, the "we're not worthy" Zugma, Aureola, SayJay, Bre and Sharonalee

But I can't believe some of the amazing work that came out of the last two years the new ideas, the great cross over work, and the skill that was shown in this year's ceremony was just mind blowing.

Demetreas, I've admired your work for a long time. There's something about the overall finish, the feel of your pieces that I love and never quite figured out how to get.
    aww thanks JJ you are too kind! p.s. I call it the I have no more gradients left it must be finished look lol. but I wish I had your vision and ideas, I love the composition of your work and the use of colours each one is so unique and brilliant.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Demetreas For This Useful Post:

Aureola (12-05-13),Bre (12-05-13),little albatross (13-05-13),sharonalee (12-05-13),slaycandy (12-05-13),Zugma (12-05-13)

Thanks

I have no idea what I did to deserve this, not just the FIRST PLACE (OMG!) but the shower of loveliest comments. I think it's got to be something in my previous life. Also I had several hours to think of a response to this, and I am still too stunned and on the verge of crying Thank you, thank you, thank you!

(But seriously, all of you guys grew up and evolved so much during last couple of years, while I mostly played with same old things - I don't feel I made half of your progress!!)

My top 10 were Jenni Lou, JJ, Aureola, Destiny, Erin Nicole, Sayjay, Nina, Buffylover, Holypotatoes, and Ehlwyen. I, too, had to use a pen and piece of paper to count and decide... and I still ended up torn and unhappy because I LOVED THE OTHER ARTISTS TOO and wanted to vote for them as well. %( I really wished it had been possible to give same amount of points at least to two artists at once!

For me, fanart is quite a big part of my life - my favorite hobby and creative outlet and even a kind of therapy, I guess. But I don't just mean making it; seeing beautiful fanart is, for me, one of the biggest delights. So I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you guys for creating this amazing creative, inspiring enviroment, for sharing your talent and your work and just making the internet a place worth going to! You are awesome and you make my days.

And, of course, thank you Sayjay for my stylish award!
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zugma For This Useful Post:

Aureola (12-05-13),buffylover (12-05-13),Destiny (12-05-13),Ehlwyen (12-05-13),holypotatoes (12-05-13),Jenni Lou (12-05-13),little albatross (13-05-13),Nina (12-05-13),slaycandy (12-05-13),[erin nicole] (13-05-13)