Thread: I'm here, where are you? AFA Welcome Wagon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts

Default I'm here, where are you? AFA Welcome Wagon

Well, it looks like the clock is ticking until our 5th AFA awards ceremony! Sayjay still needs help if any artist has some extra time whether you entered this year or not. But for those of you needing a break, join us in here and share whatever is on your mind. The AFA's are starting to fill with members I know very little about and would love to get to know you more than just your pretty art.

So if anyone has past AFA stories or if new members have questions about how the members celebrate the AFA ceremony, share and ask away! Everyone on the party wagon, AFA member or not even a fanartist!

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is wearing this year! Who has their banner sets already made?

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Thanks Ehlwyen you are a gem for setting this up! I am getting very excited for the upcoming AFAs, (woooooooooooooo) especially after the amazing response to my awards email and all of them getting snapped up in seconds!!!

Here's to another fabby year woop woop!!
    xx

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

3. The Following User Says Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (27-04-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 571 Posts

Although I was nominated in last year's awards, this is my first time taking part in the ceremony - it's exciting!!
    Para Bellum

Si vis pacem, para bellum

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (27-04-13),[erin nicole] (28-04-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

You guys. If you haven't attended before it is so much fun. It's gets CRAZY up in here. So busy. Lots of posts and fun times. Looking forward to it!!!!

:winesmiley:

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenni Lou For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (27-04-13)

Thanks

Oh-my-god oh-my-god I am getting super-excited for this! This is going to be my first ceremony so I have very little idea of what to expect and can't wait for it to start! I have been so crazy busy with school this summer semester, it's horrible, I think it has now been months since I even opened photoshop On the other hand I am oh-so ready to take a break from the real life that I'm honestly just over the moon super-duper-excited to get the things started!
    In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Destiny For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (27-04-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaycandy View Post
    Thanks Ehlwyen you are a gem for setting this up! I am getting very excited for the upcoming AFAs, (woooooooooooooo) especially after the amazing response to my awards email and all of them getting snapped up in seconds!!!

Here's to another fabby year woop woop!!
    xx
    Such a relief you got the help you needed! I have been swamped this past year and wish I could have done more!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyri View Post
    Although I was nominated in last year's awards, this is my first time taking part in the ceremony - it's exciting!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny
    Oh-my-god oh-my-god I am getting super-excited for this! This is going to be my first ceremony so I have very little idea of what to expect and can't wait for it to start! I have been so crazy busy with school this summer semester, it's horrible, I think it has now been months since I even opened photoshop On the other hand I am oh-so ready to take a break from the real life that I'm honestly just over the moon super-duper-excited to get the things started!
    Whoooohooooo! AFA ceremony virgins!!!! Dont worry we wont sacrifice you to appease the fanart gods or do too much any hazing!

Yay Lyri! Im glad you get to participate this year! I was confused and thought you said it was your first time in the AFAs when I was for sure I had voted for art of yours in the last!

Whew Destiny! Things sound exhausting for you! I look forward to you getting to do art again!

The actual ceremony gets wild trying to follow all the award releases. So being early to the red carpet is best to chat with people and spam. And many people make avatars or banners with our favorite actresses in party dresses and actors in tuxes as dates.

I also like to stock up on party food and drinks! Because once it starts it goes so fast there isnt much time to take a break from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Lou View Post
    You guys. If you haven't attended before it is so much fun. It's gets CRAZY up in here. So busy. Lots of posts and fun times. Looking forward to it!!!!

:winesmiley:
    Seriously! It is glorious fun getting to hang with old and new friends! I couldnt wait to start the party!

Lydia made the punch!