Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sci Fi, Fantasy, and Action TV Shows

Thanks

So, I've been meaning to catch up with feedback and figured I'd do a few just now. Feedback for Queen C and 3 of Zugma's piece, is under the tag, I'll do more next time!

Spoiler:
    Queen C
    Welcome back to the fanart world, I hope you keep arting, it's one of those habits, that once you get back into it you'll wonder why you ever stopped (well, that's what it was like for me anyway!)

Rogues Gallery - I really like the image choice that you have here, you convey that idea of "mischief" for the two girls, and using the natural colours works well. I like the darkness looming over the piece, giving it that "edge". My slight critique would be that the composition makes the piece feel busier than it really is. What I mean by that is that there is no focal point or direction though the piece for the eyes. Each image creates a slightly different direction, so on first looking at the piece, it feels really quite busy, but if the images were placed in a slightly different order so the eyes flowed though them easier, then it would take away that feeling. So if you were to keep the bottom right image, with her looking up, but to place the Selina image (currently on the far left) to the left of this, maybe slightly behind it, then the eyes would be lead, naturally, from one to the other, and then you could continue with the same sort of flow until the images all link together.

Zugma
    I LOVE seeing your pieces and am tempted to watch Daredevil just because of your art. But I do know enough about it (I think) to do some FB!

This City Needs Me - I adore the colouring on this piece, the way you have that muted orange for the flames in the lower section playing against the sepia-esque background is fantastic. The imagery of the scales with the two sides depicted in the images works amazingly well too. Matching this idea of balance of the two "sides" you have perfectly balanced the wallpapers itself, with the flames in the lower half and then reflecting the flames in the glasses on the top, and the sepia "character" in the top half reflected with the two smaller character images in the bottom. Fantastic piece

Devil's Backbone You have an amazing way with imagery, and I absolutely love the way you have managed to link the imagery of the spine, with the tail of the devil and have that leading into the city, it really reiterates the idea behind the text of the city being built on the "devil's backbone". Likewise all the little details really add to this with the scales, glasses, Jack, etc all creeping in right at the very edge of the piece. Also I'm curious if the devil's tail is deliberately pointing to W 49th St? Is that significant or am I reading too much into it now? Sorry, I just know you have an eye for details so thought perhaps it meant something!

Themis - Another lovely piece, I really like the way that you have the cityscape in the background and then nothing else so that the focus is purely on that central image with Matt holding the sword/scales. I also like how he almost blends in with the background, but those flames/embers are drawing him forward and separating him from the city. I also love that you chose not to add any text to this piece, as the image is just gorgeous on its own and I think text would have detracted from that.

A few more from me... just keeping things going in here... 3 more Grimm and 2 Arrow (well 1 Arrow and 1 that I did as a bit of a lol moment!)

TTFN
    x

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-02-16),Nina (18-01-16),Paracelsus'Lady (26-11-16),Stoney (18-01-16),Zugma (17-01-16)

Thanks

So, no new feedback from me just yet, I've just got the keys to a new flat and have been super busy with decorating etc, but just wanted to post a couple of pieces from one of my new fave fandoms... Legends of Tomorrow!!

TTFN,
    SJ
    x

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-02-16),Nina (15-02-16),Paracelsus'Lady (26-11-16),Stoney (15-02-16),Zugma (14-02-16)

Thanks

So, I'm back - I'm in my new flat and I have internet again, which means more arting!! Here's a few new pieces... Legends of Tomorrow and Grimm...

TTFN
    x

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

Paracelsus'Lady (26-11-16),Stoney (03-04-16),Zugma (03-04-16)

Thanks

So since it just seems to be me posting in here, I thought I'd head over to the Movie Art threat and do some feedbacking in there.

I'm also posting some new Grimm pieces while I'm here.

The first one is supposed to be a cross between Alice and Wonderland and Grimm. The quote is from the pilot (as are all the images) and I wanted to show Nick falling down the rabbit hole, as it were, and discovering this whole new world of fairy tales that are real. I tried to mix imagery from AIW and Grimm, with the white rabbit, the watch, mushrooms, queen of hearts and top hat, and have this image of Nick, "falling" and seeing all of this. But, then at the end of it, Nick standing there and realising that it all really happened and that he is a Grimm.

The last one was meant to be a fun/quirky one, but I'm not happy with it. I feel like the image I used for Monroe just does not fit the piece, he's too serious and it kind of doesn't look right, but I was having a bit of bother trying to find a good one of him to use *sigh*, I may manip over his face later, but for now, I'm leaving it.

TTFN,
    SJ
    x
    Last edited by slaycandy; 25-04-16 at 12:42 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

Paracelsus'Lady (26-11-16),Stoney (26-11-16),Zugma (25-04-16)

Thanks

SayJay, those are amazing, so elegant and iteresting concept wise, and so beautifully done. I just love your approach to composition and the way you choose colors and details for your pieces. Couldn't help saving all of them for my collection of inspirations.

I made a wallpaper for Timeless, a new adventures-around-a-time-machine show that I'm really enjoying. It's light and fun, and I just appreciate it for being gentle with my nerves.

1920x1080 | 1680x1050 | 1366x768
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zugma For This Useful Post:

buffylover (26-11-16),coketown (02-01-17),Nina (29-11-16),Paracelsus'Lady (26-11-16),Stoney (26-11-16)

Thanks

Some more Timeless.
    The composition is a bit awkward, but at least I had a lot of fun making this.

1920x1200 | 1680x1050 | 1280x800
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zugma For This Useful Post:

buffylover (09-12-16),coketown (02-01-17),Nina (16-12-16),Paracelsus'Lady (14-12-16)

Thanks

Another bunch of old wallpapers that have never made it here...

Teen Wolf:

More Teen Wolf and others:

Spoiler:

FDTD, Sleepy Hollow, Outlander, Gotham, In the Flash, Doctor Who, the 100,

And the Person of Interest:

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smth_Blue For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-01-18),Priceless (14-01-18),Stoney (15-01-18)

Thanks

Still have a bunch of wallpapers I haven't posted here - part two

Game of Thrones:

The 100:

More the 100, Teen Wolf, From Dusk till Dawn, and Gotham:

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smth_Blue For This Useful Post:

buffylover (20-01-18),Priceless (20-01-18),Silver1 (20-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 606 Posts

Not my best work, but this was made for a sort of mini-challenge on Twitter. My color was Jade.

Credits

Gradients: Mine
    Textures: Shadow of the Day, Abbysidian (DA)
    Text: Show (name of the episode)

Full Size
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (17-11-18),Priceless (17-11-18),Puppet (18-11-18)

Graveyard Patrol HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Some more sorta recent sigs...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Nina (16-01-19),Priceless (16-01-19)