Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jossverse Fanart Thread [4]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    Firstly let me say how sorry I am for not being around much. Life has been keeping me pretty busy.
    This is my first piece of fanart in some time and it's focused on a character not so remembered whom even I myself didn't much remember until I rewatched short-lived role.

Doyle

Cassiopeia: Though I am not a Bangel fan I find those wallpapers gorgeous! Particularly your color choice in the second one, deep red/crimson and black is my favorite color combination.
    DOYLE!! i love doyle so much! i wish he wasn't a short-term character on AtS (i actually watched s1 when it first aired on TV, and after they killed doyle i pretty much lost interest - though i did keep watching).

glad you like the artworks, i'm a sucker for blue/purple colors, but red/black is another favorite
    "If I can't convince you that you belong in this world, then I don't know what can."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cassiopeia For This Useful Post:

cil_domney (26-07-15),Ehlwyen (18-08-16),Smth_Blue (04-08-15)

Thanks

Here is a piece I did for Drusilla which is a character that I loved but one that I wish would get more attention from the Buffyverse fan art community - Anyway, hope you like it.

Large Original: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nmcil/...blic/lightbox/

Credits: some of the background elements are my screencaps from one of my favorite films The Hunger
    Last edited by cil_domney; 12-08-15 at 03:43 AM.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cil_domney For This Useful Post:

buffylover (17-09-15),Ehlwyen (18-08-16),Nina (12-08-15),Priceless (13-01-18),Silver1 (25-08-18),Stoney (12-08-15),Zugma (12-08-15)

Thanks

Feedback under the cut!

Spoiler:
    Casseiopeia:

collage

I like the composition on this, other than the placement of the lens flare. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the lens flare effect in general... maybe place it outside the canvas somehow (if possible) to make the light seem as if it is shining down from above onto the collage? Also while the texture is fitting, particularly to what I believe is "Amends", maybe some masking would make the piece more dynamic--there could be heavy snow, light snow, then no snow for example. It's beautiful and I love the gradients/general color scheme though!

With the wallpaper again I love the composition and color. The photo in the middle kind of blends into the on the left due to the masking--which could be adjusted by either moving it up or to the right orrr putting it in a shape like a rectangle perhaps.

Cordelia:

Doyle The screenshot you chose is perfect. I adore how you can see his face mid-transition to his demon self. I feel the text would be better placed near one of the borders--maybe at the top? and perhaps a different font due to the serious nature of what his words imply. Also I know it's incredibly difficult to find HQ screencaps of the BtVS & Angel so the pixels are visible on your piece. Maybe mask that with messing with levels or brightness/contrast or curves? Very good for your first piece in a while

cil_domney

My Angel Nice masking on this and perfect placement of text. The shots you chose of Angel and Dru are very fitting for the mood; the stocks are as well. My main ~criticism would be that Angel's chin gets cut off a little and his neck disappears behind Dru. Maybe push him more to the right and/or up on the canvas. I like the blue too but I feel as though Angel's acts towards Dru when choosing to sire her feel more...red. So maybe try a variation of purple if you're ever feeling up to it, just for kicks!

Getting back into the swing of things; just got photo editing back on my laptop. I've always loved Dark Willow, no matter how tragic the reason for her being was.

Seeing Red

1440x900
    Last edited by QueenC; 29-11-15 at 03:12 AM.

"If I told you half the things I've heard about this Jabba the Hutt, you'd probably short circuit."
    tumblr

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QueenC For This Useful Post:

buffylover (29-11-15),cil_domney (25-12-15),Ehlwyen (18-08-16),Zugma (29-07-16)

Thanks

Thanks Much for the good advice - and I love your "Seeing Red" piece. I will post one of my Dark Willow pieces for you to look at.

- - - Updated - - -

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the wonderful Buffyverse fans who have shared their wonderful artwork with us. Hope you had a great holiday and that the coming year will be a very good one for you - may life touch you will a gentle hand.

One of my Buffy and Spike Christmas Season studies - created for the 10 Year Anniversary of Seasonal Spuffy -

Christmas Greetings

Original Large Size: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nmcil/...blic/lightbox/
    Last edited by cil_domney; 26-12-15 at 12:52 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cil_domney For This Useful Post:

Clavus (26-01-16),Nina (26-01-16),Zugma (29-07-16)

Thanks

Sorry to see that there are no Holiday Season Buffyverse artwork - maybe there is and I am just looking in the wrong place.

All my Best Wishes to the members of this site and the artists of this community for the coming new year -

Spike Christmas

Original Large size: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nmcil/...blic/lightbox/

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cil_domney For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-01-16),Nina (26-01-16),Zugma (31-12-15)

Thanks

Study for Giles and his betrayal of Buffy on her 18th birthday for the Cruciamentum test -

Betray by NMCIL, on Flickr

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cil_domney For This Useful Post:

Clavus (26-01-16),Nina (26-01-16),Stoney (26-01-16)

Thanks

A little colorization/picspam thingie for season 6 of Buffy, tumblr style.
    'Cause I just randomly re-watched it and had to make something.

[ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zugma For This Useful Post:

Aureola (03-08-16),buffylover (29-07-16),cil_domney (10-11-16),Demetreas (30-08-16),Ehlwyen (18-08-16),Guy (29-07-16),Nina (12-11-16),Priceless (13-01-18),Silver1 (20-08-16),Smth_Blue (14-01-18)

Thanks

Zugma, that picspam is outstandingly stunning. You captured season 6 so hauntingly and dark hence why it's my favourite season. I absolutely love your artwork very so much so inspirational.

Here, is my work I'm currently doing another rewatch so I did these wallpapers based on the past episodes of season three. I hope you guys like I always wanted to create an episodic wallpaper based on Buffy so I tried my very damn hardest to execute these to my best of my abilities.

The Wish.

Credits;
    Textures: Just the filter texture > grain

&

Helpless

Credits;
    Textures: Just the filter texture > grain

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

cil_domney (10-11-16),Firecracker (07-04-17),GoSpuffy (14-01-18),Nina (12-11-16),Priceless (13-01-18),Silver1 (17-09-16),Smth_Blue (14-01-18),Zugma (11-09-16)

Thanks

Zugma -

terrific how you used isolated images combined with focused crops - excellent visual commentary on the season.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cil_domney For This Useful Post:

buffylover (10-11-16),GoSpuffy (14-01-18),Zugma (10-11-16)

Thanks

The caption for this narration is that Willow is getting influenced by her dark power. The hands being the representative for grasping also pushing her suffocating her within the dark power she holds inside.

Moths being the dark side of the earth. I really hope you guys enjoy my narration and the illustration.

Dark Willow.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by buffylover; 12-01-17 at 11:41 AM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (14-01-18),Nina (12-01-17),Priceless (13-01-18),Stoney (12-01-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,993 Times in 2,420 Posts

Some more of my stuff, please remember I've only been doing art since last month

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some more of my stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Priceless; 14-01-18 at 08:04 AM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-01-18),GoSpuffy (14-01-18),SpuffyGlitz (21-06-18),Stoney (13-01-18)

Thanks

Thank you so much for sharing your work Priceless!

I'm truly impressed within your style. I can see blending, compositions, especially the Spuffy's ones the different coloring on all of them also the experimenting with textures and type.

You are doing absolutely fine, especially if you just started a month ago.

My advice would please don't give up on this I can see huge potential.

Just experiment with different textures and imagery because I love the Angel & Spike banner you are choosing great imagery for your executions and perspective.

The Cordelia one was really well expressed in the lighting and textures the color scheme just bounce each other so nicely within the image.

I'm noticing you're expanding your skill by working big that's fantastic! just keep going.

If you need any help any requests are open! I'm still learning after 10 years! that's when I first opened photoshop.

Don't get dishearted by the deadness of the threads!

KEEP CREATING!!!!!! and mostly HAVE fun!!!!!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-01-18)

Thanks

Thank you so much buffylover, your encouragement means a lot to me. Can I ask you some really basic questions?

I've been playing with gradients, but I don't really understand what they're meant to do (sorry, I know this is incredibly basic)? I'm thinking that while playing with the opacity I'm just not being subtle enough.

Also what is the benefit of duplicating a layer? I've hear people saying it's what you should do, but I'm not getting the benefit, so I think I must be using it wrongly.

I really appreciate any help you can give me, you are obviously a great artist and I loved your first tutorial

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Thank you so much buffylover, your encouragement means a lot to me. Can I ask you some really basic questions?

I've been playing with gradients, but I don't really understand what they're meant to do (sorry, I know this is incredibly basic)? I'm thinking that while playing with the opacity I'm just not being subtle enough.

Also what is the benefit of duplicating a layer? I've hear people saying it's what you should do, but I'm not getting the benefit, so I think I must be using it wrongly.

I really appreciate any help you can give me, you are obviously a great artist and I loved your first tutorial
    And I would love to help you the best I can.

I will explain Gradient maps within my experience and why I use them.

Gradients maps are wonderful to express a colour scheme within your art and compliments on the overall blend within personal blending modes. For example, here are the blending modes that I always use "Lighten, Soft light and Multiply" it's up to you how you experiment with the blends modes because it comes to personal tastes. You can create your own gradient maps if you wish I could do step by step? on how I create gradients and pick a colour scheme by using the eyedropper tool? and how you can expand that gradient colour by using "Brightness and Contrast and selective colour? etc to make a unique colouring.

Duplicating a layer is a personal thing but, by duplicating a layer works really well with "screen" (a blending mode) it brightens the image and you could drop the opacity down about 60% - 90% so it won't come across to strong then do a colouring over layered.

I hope this helps!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-01-18)

Thanks

Thank you, that makes so much sense buffylover I think I need to keep experimenting to learn how these things work. I would love to see a step by step on creating gradients etc, that would be really great

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-01-18)

Thanks

So I have some old wallpapers I have never posted here, I guess I can post them now

Agents of Shield:

My Face by Tam S, on Flickr

The Lunatics Are Running the Asylum by Tam S, on Flickr

Buffy:

Everything I Am by Tam S, on Flickr

Helpless by Tam S, on Flickr

Disappear into the darkness by Tam S, on Flickr

The Wish by Tam S, on Flickr

And a new one:

Dru - 20 Years of BtVS by Tam S, on Flickr
    Last edited by Smth_Blue; 14-01-18 at 04:03 PM. Reason: because i forgot how to post obviously...

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Smth_Blue For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-01-18),Nina (25-08-18),Priceless (14-01-18),Silver1 (20-01-18),Stoney (14-01-18),TriBel (07-02-18)

Thanks

One Good Day

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smth_Blue For This Useful Post:

buffylover (20-01-18),flow (20-01-18),Priceless (20-01-18),Silver1 (20-01-18)

Sunnydale High Student Willow from Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Lots of great stuff here, so I feel a little self-conscious posting this, but I think some of my stuff is quite funny, if a little silly.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willow from Buffy For This Useful Post:

buffylover (04-02-18),flow (04-02-18),Priceless (04-02-18),Stoney (04-02-18)

Thanks

We were just saying how we needed more people to get interested in the fanart section, so it's great you're posting. I love Harmony, Cordy and the camel

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (04-02-18),Willow from Buffy (04-02-18)

Thanks

I was practising cutting out an image using buffylover's tutorial. I am pleased with the outcome as it was my first attempt
    Last edited by Priceless; 07-02-18 at 10:36 AM.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (07-02-18),Stoney (07-02-18),TriBel (07-02-18)