Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tick Tick Tock - Fanartist Community Hangout

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post

Are you introduced to photoshop by somebody or is it something you completely started and figured out yourself?
    I figured it out on my own truth tutorials mostly

How do you use textures? Is it something that you place in the wall to make it pretty or are textures more like symbols you use to show a theme/emotion?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 491 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post

How do you use textures? Is it something that you place in the wall to make it pretty or are textures more like symbols you use to show a theme/emotion?
    I mostly try to choose things that add to the beauty of the piece, but sometimes I choose things that represent emotion or the feel I want for the piece.

What would you say your biggest inspiration for fanart is?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HisMRS View Post

What would you say your biggest inspiration for fanart is?
    I think a combination either a storyline/character that I love and root for or the way a scene/series is shot like for example Hannibal is shot beautifully with a color combination that I love and lots of great panoramic shots

What is your favorite work of art that you draw inspiration from?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,627 Times in 1,256 Posts

What is your favorite work of art that you draw inspiration from?
    Hmmm not sure if it's my favorite but I love "Philosopher in Meditation" by Rembrandt because of both the composition and the of course the lighting.

What program do you use for your digital artwork?

Thanks

Hmmm not sure if it's my favorite but I love "Philosopher in Meditation" by Rembrandt because of both the composition and the of course the lighting.

What program do you use for your digital artwork?
    I use a very old very old version of photoshop

What do you prefer when coloring? Layers or gradient map?
    I used layers for years but now I think I might be switching to gradient maps

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

What do you prefer when coloring? Layers or gradient map?
    I used layers for years but now I think I might be switching to gradient maps
    Gradient maps have been a staple of mine for years. But I use lots of other methods too. Color Balance, Selective Color, Levels, Hue/Saturation, Photo Filter, Color Fills, etc. And I sometimes use stocks as overlays as well. You can get some cool coloring playing around with them. I don't have a standard go-to anymore. After I start a piece I decide how to best approach coloring. Like, if there is too much yellow, I might start with a Selective Color layer to decrease or change the yellows.

What is your #1 BIGGEST vice when it comes to fanart? What's your crutch? What technique can you not help yourself from using time and time again?

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Lou View Post
    What is your #1 BIGGEST vice when it comes to fanart? What's your crutch? What technique can you not help yourself from using time and time again?
    oh god this has got to be the most blatant way of getting to 400 posts ever in the history of this forums but yey 400 posts...

I don't have a vice as much as I just forger all the things you can do with Photoshop so I often just repeat all the same steps I guess my biggest crutch would be to always set everything on lighten instead of actually puttign time and effort into blending

What is your strongest point? the thing you think you are best at when making a wall?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,627 Times in 1,256 Posts

What is your strongest point? the thing you think you are best at when making a wall?
    Such a hard question, but I'm obsessed with the quality of pictures and the final product. Grainy and unclear pictures in wallpapers bother me. Even worse I hate those circles (halos/aureoles?) that are the result of blending with a very soft brush or if you work on the lighting with a soft round brush. That's why I use so many textures by Krakograff, those hide these circles. I'm such a sad person.

What is something you always used to do while making stuff in photoshop in the past, but stopped doing recently?

Thanks

What is something you always used to do while making stuff in photoshop in the past, but stopped doing recently?
    Depends on what you call "recently", but for years all I used was screencaps because I've always been more interested in doing episodic work, and then I discovered promo stills, which allowed me to keep doing episodic but in high quality which is something, just like you, that I'm obessessed with now.

What scene/moment you've always been obssessed to art but failed to do so far?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 491 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

What scene/moment you've always been obssessed to art but failed to do so far?
    Hmmm... I LOVE the "Close Your Eyes" scene at the end of "Becoming pt 2" in BtVS, but I can never art the scene the way I want to properly do it justice, for me.

How has your fanart changed for the better?