Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tick Tick Tock - Fanartist Community Hangout

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 491 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post

Who is your favorite person to art?
    mine is still SMG she has a wonderful 'manip head' and she is just beautiful plus she is Buffy
    Oooh that would be a toss up between SMG and Eliza Duskhu. Both of them are just so beautiful, and they make great muses for me.

If you could only art one character for the rest of your life, who would you choose?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HisMRS View Post

If you could only art one character for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
    Ai, that's a very difficult question. But I think it would be Fleur Delacour from the Harry Potter series. She is one of the most awesome characters I know, and she is played by a stunning actress who did plenty of great photoshoots. So there would be quite some material to work with, which comes in handy when you are only allowed to art one character.

Describe your own style in 5 words.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post

Describe your own style in 5 words.
    Good Lord, I don't know... Wow... Ok, let's hope I don't say something that makes me sound full of it. LOL

Sexy
    Colorful
    Emotional
    Textured
    Fun

What is your most recent favorite piece of fanart that someone else created?

Drunkface McCord little albatross's Avatar
    Thanks

Good Lord, I don't know... Wow... Ok, let's hope I don't say something that makes me sound full of it. LOL

Sexy
    Colorful
    Emotional
    Textured
    Fun
    Haha, I am terrible at self-descriptors and whatnot. but I agree with your choices- your art is very sexy!

What is your most recent favorite piece of fanart that someone else created?
    Line's Dance Forever - I just discovered that this piece existed today and I'm obsessed with it??? i love the various croppings of the duplicated image, the warm coloring, the lyrics. I adore it.

My original answer was actually Lyn's A Birthday Party for An Undead Girl because I'm just SO. IN. LOVE. with it, but then I realized it's been two months which isn't soooooo recent, I guess. But I think it's brilliant on all levels and I died when she entered it in my challenge, and I still think about it these days.

Do you create traditional/handdrawn art? (Either fanart or original work!)
    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little albatross For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (28-05-13),HisMRS (28-05-13),Leloo (28-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by little albatross View Post
    Do you create traditional/handdrawn art? (Either fanart or original work!)
    Nope I'm afraid I do not have any talent for traditional art. My non-photoshop creativity is limited to making (really ugly) doodles when I'm bored during the lectures.

What do you prefer, extreme coloring or soft/realistic colors?

Thanks

What do you prefer, extreme coloring or soft/realistic colors?
    I think it's no secret that I love bright, bold colors. It really depends on the piece, though; sometimes bright pinks and oranges don't go so well with the feel of the piece, and you need a softer look.

Do you create your own resources or tend to use others'?

Thanks

Do you create your own resources or tend to use others'?
    I actually feel quite embarrassed about this considering how long I have been in the fanart game but I only use stuff other people made I tried making my own texture once it was not a succes

what is your favorite type of wallpaper to make? (character?crossover? episodic?other?)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 606 Posts

what is your favorite type of wallpaper to make? (character?crossover? episodic?other?)
    A lot of the time I find myself making character or, well, Danneel walls, lol. I just come across images I want to use and just make them into wallpapers. I like doing crossovers, but a lot of the time I find myself coming up with ideas that Bre and Dana have already done, lol.

How do you go about choosing the colors for a wall? Specifically, if you're making a character/actor wall. Do you go in with a certain color scheme in mind or do you let it come naturally?

Recently, I did a Tara McClay wallpaper, and I knew before I even put the picture on the canvas that I wanted the piece to have a green/blue coloring. I worked damn hard until I had it, lol, and it's one of my favorite pieces I've ever done.
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyri View Post
    How do you go about choosing the colors for a wall? Specifically, if you're making a character/actor wall. Do you go in with a certain color scheme in mind or do you let it come naturally?

Recently, I did a Tara McClay wallpaper, and I knew before I even put the picture on the canvas that I wanted the piece to have a green/blue coloring. I worked damn hard until I had it, lol, and it's one of my favorite pieces I've ever done.
    It's very rare that I already know the colors I want to use, most often I go with the colors of the pictures I use. That's also how I ended up with a red & gold wall with Slytherin characters recently... But usually it does work because you end up with one nice coherent whole.

What are often the last three things you do with a wallpaper? What is your final touch?

Thanks

What are often the last three things you do with a wallpaper? What is your final touch?
    My final touch is always saving the file. LOL
    No, seriously, I have a process I go through when finishing a wallpaper to give it more of an art feel... I like to use various filters to give it the look and feel I want, and then I add my text and namestamp.

What is the one thing you struggle with most when creating art? Is it using text, finding the right textures for the piece, etc.??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 355 Posts

What is the one thing you struggle with most when creating art? Is it using text, finding the right textures for the piece, etc.??
    Using the full canvas v. not using the full canvas. I always have ideas that would look just awesome using the entire wallpaper and when I execute it, it's bloody godawful looking. Which is usually how I end up with a lot of negative space, a lot of my wallpapers are me downsizing what my original idea was and starting over with that as a base because I like it, but it's not working on a larger scale. I just suck at working with the entire canvas, it's a challenge for me (especially when evil people make it their requirement of me in battles).

How do you feel about borders around wallpapers? I always start with a slightly smaller canvas so I can add borders afterwards. I'm also oft jealous that SJ has the foresight to use the border as PART of her art and sometimes goes outside of it to add to the wallpaper. But I love borders, gives the wallpaper definition.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bre For This Useful Post:

HisMRS (02-06-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bre View Post
    U

How do you feel about borders around wallpapers? I always start with a slightly smaller canvas so I can add borders afterwards. I'm also oft jealous that SJ has the foresight to use the border as PART of her art and sometimes goes outside of it to add to the wallpaper. But I love borders, gives the wallpaper definition.
    I love borders, for some reason though my version of PS does not love borders I only have the stroke option to make borders with

What is the most out there crazy tutorial you have ever followed?
    mine would be the how to make a werewolf tutorial that I did for a piece in my last battle with Bre

Thanks

What is the most out there crazy tutorial you have ever followed?
    mine would be the how to make a werewolf tutorial that I did for a piece in my last battle with Bre

There was this tutorial that created a picture in a 'cinematic portret' and I couldn't make it work. Jenni Lou did though, for my 'Back to School' challenge. All the credits to her for making that one work.

Do you use brushes often? And if you do, what kind of brushes ar your favorite?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Jenni Lou (23-06-13)

Thanks

Do you use brushes often? And if you do, what kind of brushes ar your favorite?
    I do use brushes a lot. I tend to love the cloud brushes and the watercolor brushes I have the most.

If you could only use one texture for the rest of your fanart career, which one would you choose?

Thanks

If you could only use one texture for the rest of your fanart career, which one would you choose?
    ONE texture?? What kind of crazy person are you?? I use a LOT of different textures in my pieces, often I just take tiny bits from different textures then merge them all together to make the texture I want for my piece, but one texture? And not even one per wallpaper, but only one FOREVER? ARGH! NO!

Lol... so, I will ay some of my FAVE textures, which I would probably choose from as being my 'one'.
    • I adore Marilyne's texture with the light shining in and the birds flying, I have used that in soooo many pieces it's ridiculous.
    • Wendy has this gorgeous texture with windows in the background, tree branches in the foreground and it's purple, hard to explain, but I use that a lot too.
    • Britt, I love your texture of the graveyard with the spooky tree and the rainbow running over it, lovely, another I use frequently.
    • Zugma's texture featuring the city building blocks merging into each other, that's probably one one my other most used ones!

Okay, so I narrowed it down to four... that's almost one, right??

My turn!

Q: How many WIPs do you have just now? Are any ones you will bin/keep on hold for some time or will you complete them all?

I am AWFUL for starting and stopping pieces. I often have about 5-6 WIPs on the go at one time, plus like a whoooole bunch sitting in limbo that I gave up on a while ago. I quite often start a piece for a challenge when it first opens and spend four weeks opening it, doing something, closing it and sooo on before a last minute panic to finish it off. During that time I'll also be doing the same with a bunch of others!! :P

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

19. The Following User Says Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

HisMRS (09-10-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slaycandy View Post
    Q: How many WIPs do you have just now? Are any ones you will bin/keep on hold for some time or will you complete them all?
    I so very rarely keep anything as a WIP. If I'm not satisfied with something, then I scrap it and start over, and I rarely sit down when I know I don't have the time to finish a wallpaper (even if it's hours and hours into it, I WILL FINISH IT). Sometimes when I'm really frustrated with a piece, I'll keep it and I think that's been maybe five over the last few years, at the most and I have a 'What the ****ery' file on my computer for those. And then I go back and think, "What the hell was I even thinking? Where was I going with this? Why did I use that color? This is bad, all bad." Last night I saved a Destiel one, only because I liked what I did with Castiel and might use that in a future wallpaper. But no, I rarely save WIPs so... one, I guess, is the answer.

I really think I'm going to repeat a question and I'm sorry! But yay, thanks to SJ for getting these active again!

What's the most number of screencaps you've put into a wallpaper (i.e. an episodic scene, etc)?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

Wow, Bre! I'm with SJ on that. I must have 100+ WIPs. Some I will never finish but there are occasions that I pull up one I started 2 years ago or something and I am able to salvage something from it.

What's the most number of screencaps you've put into a wallpaper (i.e. an episodic scene, etc)?
    This is me so you know it's a lot. Though maybe not as many as you may think, if that makes sense. Anyway, it's probably around 25-30. Though often times I use scene caps or portions of caps that don't have a person or object in them and use them as framing devices and such.

Do you have a favorite color scheme you seem to gravitate towards?

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Lou View Post
    Do you have a favorite color scheme you seem to gravitate towards?
    Hmmm.... I usually use black backgrounds with bright colored gradients on my art. Does that count? LOL

I don't know that I have a favorite color scheme. I do tend to favor blues a lot, though... I think for me it depends on the fandom. For Buffy pieces, I'm all about pops of bright vivid color, but for The Walking Dead, for example, everything is much darker and more subdued in color.

Do you tend to favor using females or males in your art, or do you think there is an even balance?

Thanks

Do you tend to favor using females or males in your art, or do you think there is an even balance?
    Definitely towards the females. Especially with any actor pieces. I think I just find them better to work with, more attractive and interesting and more versatile in my approach to the design. Even with character pieces, I tend toward females. FEMALE POWER (or something like that).

What genre of stocks do you typically stick to? Nature, objects, buildings, etc.

Thanks

What genre of stocks do you typically stick to? Nature, objects, buildings, etc.
    Hmmm both nature and buildings, especially walls. But I do suspect that I use slightly more nature stocks... but I'm not sure. I often use stocks of walls as a texture as well.

Are you introduced to photoshop by somebody or is it something you completely started and figured out yourself?