Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoilers & Speculations Thread

I don't get wet Bittersweettwit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galathea View Post
    I am not arguing that the mytharc elements shouldn't be spread out more, but that could very well be achieved in 22 episodes as well, you don't need to cut down to 13 episodes for that. It really is a matter of planning and not of season length. The episodes right after the mid-season resolution point have always been more standalone in nature. Personally, I love that stretch of episodes in every season and wouldn't want to miss it.
    Well I agree that 22 could continue to work rather well since it is for me more pacing than anything else, but a shorter season might encourage them to have a tighter structure

And well I'm not saying get rid of them entirely, but considering how rushed things tend to be at the end of the season I think the current tendency for a six episode stretch of stand-alone's is far too long and the show would be better served cutting it down to three maybe four and using those remaining episodes for the mytharc so the overall narrative flow of the season works better! That and not isolate the stand alones from the mytharc so much as it just leads to choppy and inconsistent storytelling such as the thematic differences between Torn and Frayed and LARP and the Real Girl.
    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweettwit View Post
    Well I agree that 22 could continue to work rather well since it is for me more pacing than anything else, but a shorter season might encourage them to have a tighter structure

And well I'm not saying get rid of them entirely, but considering how rushed things tend to be at the end of the season I think the current tendency for a six episode stretch of stand-alone's is far too long and the show would be better served cutting it down to three maybe four and using those remaining episodes for the mytharc so the overall narrative flow of the season works better! That and not isolate the stand alones from the mytharc so much as it just leads to choppy and inconsistent storytelling such as the thematic differences between Torn and Frayed and LARP and the Real Girl.
    Yeah, as I added in my other post, I think the writers would do well to actually plan for more two or three-parters, especially for mytharc heavy episodes. They used to do that a lot more in the first two seasons and I am really not sure why they stopped. A two/three parter would give them the opportunity to deal with mytharc storylines in depth and infuse them with actual character development. I am watching Stargate Atlantis at the moment, and I always think the structure they employ in that show would work fabulously for SPN as well. They usually have 2/3 parters to cross between seasons, and at least 2 or 3 more of them spread throughout the season. They use these blocks for the big events, for the big forward movements in the mytharc. In between they have standalone episodes, but they often connect to the bigger picture in some way as well. I really wished the SPN writers would do something similar.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to galathea For This Useful Post:

Bittersweettwit (07-06-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,098 Posts

"Showrunner Jeremy Carver hints at a possible return for Bobby in Supernatural Season 9, and we give our theories as to how it might just happen."

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainmen...tural-season-9

God, please, no. This is getting ridiculous (and the worst thing is that most of the general audience supports this, and even advocates for this).

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Thanks

The Ghostfacers are back in season 9.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/06/sup...acers-are.html

Meh. I never liked them!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Thanks

After the articles about Dean and Cas, Veronika's article about Sam on Spoilertv:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/06/sup...on-on-sam.html

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Thanks

A spoiler about the first episode of S9 has been released by Spoiler TV. Jim Michaels stated on twitter that the episode title they give 'Devil May Care' is inaccurate, but thus far has failed to comment on the rest of the spoiler. So the information for the moment at least is iffy but I figured I'd post it here in case it is legit

It will feature Tracy a gorgeous bad-ass Hunter, and Irv, a manly Hunter who is an old friend of the Winchesters. [LINK]
    If these spoilers are real I love how the show has to describe the actors as 'manly' and 'gorgeous' Not even subtle with the hiring for looks

EDIT: Spoiler TV have confirmed that the information about Tracy and Irv is from a legitimate casting sheet sent around to casting companies. They say Jim Michaels comment may simply point to the fact that production is taking place out of airing order, or that they've recently changed the episodes title.
    Last edited by Bittersweettwit; 29-06-13 at 09:33 PM.
    Livejournal

Thanks

It has been confirmed that 9x02 will be called Devil May Care and it will be directed by Guy Bee.

http://all-spn.livejournal.com/3893798.html
    Livejournal

Thanks

First indiscretions from TvGuide, reported by Spoilertv. As always... Dean who?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/sup...ide-comic.html

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Francy View Post
    First indiscretions from TvGuide, reported by Spoilertv. As always... Dean who?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/sup...ide-comic.html
    Just added the concrete spoilers to the post! Thanks for this Francy

As for the spoilers themselves I have to ask am I the only one who found them rather underwhelming? Especially if this is all we are to find out about from Comic Con. For me really the only things we have learnt from this is that there won't be a time jump between the seasons and the brothers will team up with Crowley.

The rest of what we were given such as confirmation that Sam is ill, Castiel is human and the angels will still have most their power is all stuff we knew from the season eight finale. Even the Sam spoilers about his illness are so vague that they could indeed begin the season with him ill making the spoiler true, but cure him within five minutes of the first episode

It is a shame I agree that they didn't really make reference to Dean, but to be honest I don't think we've learnt all that much about the other characters either
    Last edited by Bittersweettwit; 12-07-13 at 04:45 PM.
    Livejournal

Thanks

I'll say that all this 'angels and demons and tablets' talk makes me really, really sleepy. I am bored out of my mind with the hell&heaven mythology. And Sam and Dean teaming up with Crowley? Really? After he screwed them over time and again? That'll go well. From the mythology side I see nothing interesting here.

And where the characters are concerned: Sam being ill was to be expected, but all this talk about his recovery being a key element in the overall story points towards yet another supernatural storyline for Sam and those have been done to death as well. No information about Dean or the plans for the emotional arc of the brothers, instead it's all about angels, Crowley, Kevin, Abaddon etc., because clearly that's what we want to know. Yeah, so far I am not impressend.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to galathea For This Useful Post:

Bittersweettwit (12-07-13)

Thanks

I'll say that all this 'angels and demons and tablets' talk makes me really, really sleepy. I am bored out of my mind with the hell&heaven mythology. And Sam and Dean teaming up with Crowley? Really? After he screwed them over time and again? That'll go well. From the mythology side I see nothing interesting here.

And where the characters are concerned: Sam being ill was to be expected, but all this talk about his recovery being a key element in the overall story points towards yet another supernatural storyline for Sam and those have been done to death as well. No information about Dean or the plans for the emotional arc of the brothers, instead it's all about angels, Crowley, Kevin, Abaddon etc., because clearly that's what we want to know. Yeah, so far I am not impressend.
    I agree entirely with this the spoilers were for the most part rather uninteresting and things that any fan with half a brain could have figured out on their own based on the S8 finale . I have to say I'm really surprised about the lack of mention about the emotional arc for the brothers considering a number of quotes are from Bob Singer and he's usually the biggest advocate for a focus on the brothers.

Also more spoilers have been given by a user on Tumblr who has a copy of the magazine. Based on what I have gathered from the comment section of the Spoiler TV article Francy posted some users have managed to get a copy of the TV Guide Comic Con edition early!

The main focus of the Supernatural section is, firstly, the Men of Letter bunker. There is a small photo spread of the bunker itself with some commentary from Jerry Wanek, production designer. It’s kind of cool, because he clarifies (and shows with some neat pictures) that the bunker is not just a bunker—it’s a laboratory. The library is going to be a point of interest throughout the season, according to Wanek (assumably for Sam’s research, haha). It’s huge apparently and we’ll be seeing a lot of it. There’s also an observatory and a retro telescope pictured in the photo spread.

The second focus is Castiel being human, which includes an interview with Misha. I love the title: ‘Winging it: Misha Collins on playing the Winchesters’ Favorite Angel". Misha says a few things, and I’m paraphrasing: he teases that it’s a possibility that human!Castiel will become a being of of self-deprivation, but that he hopes he will “discover his sex drive and it’s big." He also says, “When he [Castiel] is human, he’ll be going to Sam and Dean for advice. Hopefully he’ll be wise enough to know not to take it." Oh, Misha.

Oh! A quote I didn’t see last night the first time I read it: “You can assume that some of the fallen angels will hold Castiel responsible for what has happened," Carver says.

The issue talks about the angels falling, Crowley, but only a tiny mention of Sam and Dean. Like a mentioned in my first post, Sam will be sick when the season opens. This is the only quote I could find pertaining to Dean.

In the season finale, Dean made an emotional declaration of support to Sam. Will their relationship be wight when the show returns?

Carver: We saw the brothers come to an understanding when Dean convinced Sam not to close the gates to Hell in order to stay alive. They aired some dirty laundry, and despite the fact that Sam collapsed, the brothers emotionally ended up in a good place.

And that’s all there is folks. Briefly mentioned in the context of his brother and Castiel, but that’s all I see.
    The only bit of that, that interests me is the bit from Misha about Castiel going to Dean and Sam for advice . Hopefully the inclusion of Sam means we'll get more scenes between him and Cas something even as a Destiel fan I've been calling for, for years! And that it's a sign that Castiel will finally be allowed to develop by working with the brothers rather than allowing himself to be influenced by outside forces into doing something stupid
    Last edited by Bittersweettwit; 12-07-13 at 09:06 PM.
    Livejournal

Thanks

The only bit of that, that interests me is the bit from Misha about Castiel going to Dean and Sam for advice . Hopefully the inclusion of Sam means we'll get more scenes between him and Cas something even as a Destiel fan I've been calling for, for years! And that it's a sign that Castiel will finally be allowed to develop by working with the brothers rather than allowing himself to be influenced by outside forces into doing something stupid
    The writers seem to have more of an idea what they want to do with Castiel and the mythology than with Sam and Dean. Great. I miss the times where the brothers and their personal stories were the driving force of the season. Now they seem more like an afterthought. Sorry I am so negative, but nothing I have seen so far about S9 has me even remotely excited.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galathea For This Useful Post:

Cori (13-07-13)

Thanks

The writers seem to have more of an idea what they want to do with Castiel and the mythology than with Sam and Dean. Great. I miss the times where the brothers and their personal stories were the driving force of the season. Now they seem more like an afterthought. Sorry I am so negative, but nothing I have seen so far about S9 has me even remotely excited.
    Hmm the only thing I can say is that those quotes seem to have come from Misha himself rather than Carver or Singer, which is why they're so Cas focused. Perhaps they simply wanted to save Jensen and Jared's words on Sam and Dean for the actual panel at the convention? I'd say wait until next Sunday before totally giving up! Both Jensen and Jared usually provide us with some good quotes on their characters and the character mindset for the season
    Livejournal

Thanks

Hmm the only thing I can say is that those quotes seem to have come from Misha himself rather than Carver or Singer, which is why they're so Cas focused. Perhaps they simply wanted to save Jensen and Jared's words on Sam and Dean for the actual panel at the convention? I'd say wait until next Sunday before totally giving up! Both Jensen and Jared usually provide us with some good quotes on their characters and the character mindset for the season
    Well, obviously Misha talks about Cas and the JJs talk about Sam and Dean, but the problem is that if the writers/producers see no reason to talk about their plans for Sam and Dean's story - you know, the main characters - then I don't have much hope that their foremost thought while planning out the season has been Sam and Dean's story. They talk about what they are writing and apparently that's Kevin, Abaddon, Crowley, Cas and the fallen angels.

Thanks

Well, obviously Misha talks about Cas and the JJs talk about Sam and Dean, but the problem is that if the writers/producers see no reason to talk about their plans for Sam and Dean's story - you know, the main characters - then I don't have much hope that their foremost thought while planning out the season has been Sam and Dean's story. They talk about what they are writing and apparently that's Kevin, Abaddon, Crowley, Cas and the fallen angels.
    Hmm see to be honest I see most of the spoilers we were given as pretty much junk and assume that they are saving the really good stuff for the actual comic con panel (otherwise I'll be extremely disappointed). I mean look at what we've been told...

- Sam is going to start off the season ill (well that's pretty obvious once we found out there won't be a time jump)
    - Abbadon if she returns will be a new vessel (again kinda obvious when Sam burnt out the old one)
    - Castiel is going to be human (again duh)
    - Kevin will be involved in translating the angel tablet (oh really Carver?)

and the rest of the spoilers given follow pretty much the same pattern. I mean it'd be different if say the spoilers gave us more concrete facts about what they'll be up to, or focused heavily on the other characters mindsets but as it is in my eyes the "spoilers" is mostly blatantly obvious crap to fill an article. Even with Castiel most of the stuff about him exploring his humanity and turning to the brothers for help when he needs it in the adjustment came from Misha rather than the producers . So yeah I'd say wait till the panel where I imagine the really important stuff will come out
    Livejournal

Thanks

Signalled by Bittersweettwit:

New info about episode with production number 902:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/sup...e-snippet.html

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Thanks

Signalled by Bittersweettwit:

New info about episode with production number 902:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/sup...e-snippet.html
    Thanks for posting that for me Francy. Dratted twenty four hour double posting rule

Does anyone else think that the distinction between Ezekiel and Hael's character description i.e. "A man possessed by the spirit of a fallen angel" and "a fallen angel who has landed on earth in a human body" indicates that the angels are going to fall in different ways? Some are going to fall in a similar manner to Lucifer in Sympathy for the Devil , while others are going to fall in a similar style as Anna only as adults. If this is true I wonder what the difference between the two types of falls will be? Or maybe I'm just reading too much into them

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/2147...ity-fallen.htm

With Castiel's humanity confirmed by Misha. I hope the show will finally confirm what I have suspected for years now, which is that Jimmy is no longer present. Although with the latest development even without explicit mentioning it makes the most sense logically after all Castiel no longer has grace to support Jimmy's presence any more
    Livejournal

Thanks

Oh, for f***'s sake.... I can't with this show.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/79613987.html
    Last edited by Francy; 16-07-13 at 08:32 AM.

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts

Oh, for f***'s sake.... I can't with this show.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/79613987.html
    *head in hands*

Well it says nothing that we would expect so hopefully that means a one time appearance. But still...Write some new characters and plotlines we can love! Bobby's story was well explored and finished, imo.

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

One of the camera crew man Brian Rose posted the following shooting pictures on twitter which has led a number of fans to speculate that S9 is going to explore the end!verse!

After being wrong on the Castiel becoming human issue at the end of S8 I've decided to try and not be so dismissive of fan theories even ones that sound ridiculous to me! However there are two issues I have with the idea of them exploring the end!verse in S9, a) Would they allow one of the camera crew man to spoil something as big as that so early? and b) At the moment they are filming 9x02 how on earth are they going to get from where we were at the end of season eight to mass Croatian infection in two episodes?

Therefore for me if they are indeed going to go for end verse (and I'm still not convinced this isn't some sort of trick) then I think the only way they could get from a point a (end of season eight) to point b (end!verse) within two episodes is to begin or end episodes throughout the season with flash forwards set six months or a year in the future. Then the first half of season or indeed the entire season would be about exploring how certain actions led to the events depicted in the flash forwards with season ten then completing the three year mytharc Carver is said to have in mind in the end verse!

Some questions to generate some discussion

How likely do you think season nine is going to be based in the end!verse

How do you think they are going to incorporate the end verse? Flashforwards or present time etc

What events will be different to what we saw in season five? (Will Abaddon unleash the virus instead of Lucifer for instance?)
    Livejournal