Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veronica Mars Movie!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 724 Posts

No posts in here for awhile! The website has the tshirts designs up. Very cool. And they managed to set it up for international donations for a lot of countries. It is hard to believe it has been almost a month and the fundraising drive is almost over. It is a shame that the 5 million mark is so close but still rather far away. I think 5 million is the amount they needed to film in southern California. Crossing my fingers that a late push takes them over the mark!

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,701 Times in 2,220 Posts

Veronica Mars movie - first look: http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/veron...an-tastic.html
    There's a shout-out to Buffy!

Comic con panel recap: http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/comic...velations.html
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

What do you wanna see in the movie?

I saw the sneak peek trailer and I liked what I saw, it would be great to see all of them again.

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

The official movie trailer came out a month ago, more or less... Probably over a month ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1R93UMqlk

What do we know so far about the movie: **SPOILERS**
    Spoiler:

#After the events of season 3 Veronica left Neptune never to look back.
    #She and Piz reunited in New York shortly before the events of the movie occured (She wasn't with him ever since they got together at Hearst College)
    #Veronica just got hired at a top Law Firm in NYC
    #She and Logan went radio silent after the events of Season 3.
    #Lamb's brother is now the acting Sherif of Neptune.
    #Mac is super rich

I am very happy about this. I remember being really sick in the hospital when they announced the Kickstarter campaign and it really got me excited.

I can't believe we are actually getting a full length movie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 724 Posts

I am so excited for the movie!!! I cant believe it is comes out in a month! It's impressive that all this has been done in a year!

I am avidly staying away from spoilers. The announced cast is about all I know. I just hope it gives the characters a better ending than the bleak one the series had.

Who are your favorite characters?

Lydia made the punch!

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    I am so excited for the movie!!! I cant believe it is comes out in a month! It's impressive that all this has been done in a year!

I am avidly staying away from spoilers. The announced cast is about all I know. I just hope it gives the characters a better ending than the bleak one the series had.

Who are your favorite characters?
    You are so much stronger than I am on the spoilers front. I am weak and want to know everything when it's announced! \

I have a few favorite characters! I love Keith, I think he's an excellent father as well as a human being. Weevil in seasons 1 & 2 but not in season 3. Cliff is so entertaining, I love him in every episode he's in. And last but not least, Veronica. I think I've identified with her so much most of the series, I've become emotionally attached to her character... Which is super unhealthy lol.

I can't wait to see the turn out... If this movie does well, it might not be the last time we see V in our screens!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,701 Times in 2,220 Posts

I don't want any spoilers.

Favorite characters - Logan, Veronica, Weevil... Keith too, Mac... Wait, that's over half of the cast! LOL
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

The Keith/Veronica father/daughter relationship has got to be one of the most amazing ones in television.

About a series rewatch, its gonna take some time till I get there. Im on Angel season 3 and then Im gonna start Buffy,.

Thanks

I've been trying to avoid spoilers...but failed in the begining. I was just so stoked that there was going to be a movie I dug in as deep as possible to find anything out about it. I've tried to stay away from spoilers the past few months though. The movie isn't playing super close to me so my friends and I will have to take a little road trip, but it will be worth it! The time is coming...sooooo close!

My favorite character has got to be Veronica, but all of the characters are well written. There hasn't really been one character I have disliked.
    Kristen @ Beauty Mark
    http://beautymark.primordialsouls.com
    '"If your spirit dances, your body will follow." Mia Michaels

Thanks

Anyone else go see it? What are your thoughts?
    Kristen @ Beauty Mark
    http://beautymark.primordialsouls.com
    '"If your spirit dances, your body will follow." Mia Michaels

Thanks

A bit late to the party but I'll share my opinion on the movie.

I'm a big, big fan of VM. I got my friends to watch it successfully, made some absolutely addicted. I remember hearing about the Kickstarter project. I was sick in the hospital, hooked on antibiotics straight to my vein. No food, almost no water. I was really, really sick. I flipped through my news feed and then I saw something. Veronica Mars, the Movie. I was more than excited and happy, despite my illness.

A year later, feeling well, the movie came out. I will finally get my closure after how long? 7 years? You have to understand. I am the kind of fan who sat and watched and then re-watched his DVD's again and again through the course of those 7 years. I lost count on how many times I've seen the series from start to finish. The arrival of October 3rd (lily's murder) would bring sad memories of happy flashbacks from the show. I can recite the entire opening voice-over from the pilot. This was no ordinary affair.

Although I never got to watch the movie in theaters (it wasn't playing anywhere near me), I did get a fine replacement of a makeshift theater I had set up in my house. Marshmallows and popcorn, sodas. The works. I had everything lined up for the perfect viewing experience. This was my moment.

It wasn't perfect, sure. They had 27 days to film the entire thing, and although we made such an effort to fund the film, it wasn't actually enough to make it perfect. It wasn't Serenity, let's just say.

The storyline wasn't as compelling. I mean, Logan gets charged with murder, Carrie Bishop dies as this big pop star. Big whoop. And the solving of the crime wasn't as exciting, either.

It was FLAWED all over.

But I loved every single moment. Every single second of it was precious.

I felt like Rob was really sucking up to the fans. It kinda had all of the elements of every season finale of the show (murder-solving, public humiliation, Veronica-Keith hospital action etc etc...) and of course, LoVe triumphs all. But it felt nice being buttered up by the creator of my favorite show.
    My underachieving self has yet to earn banner privileges.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

Bittersweettwit (25-11-14)