Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Americans ☭

Thanks
    Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,288 Posts

Watched the first two episodes. Oh my word, Elizabeth is falling apart. Two episodes, two murders. Plus she's trying to keep her daughter safe, she's having to spend time nursing a terminally ill artist . . . no one can take this much pressure, as evidenced by the chain smoking. Paige is a liability more than anything, I'd be telling her to stay at home, she's not cut out for the family business

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (10-04-18)

Hellmouth Tourist HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah. Kept screaming at screen (ok in my head) for Philip to talk Liz about everything. Next week's promo looks krazy!

Thanks

I have to say I still can't buy Phillip just going along with Paige being in the family business. Not after multiple seasons of him working out his own demons in regards to his work. I don't think there would have been a chance in hell that he'd just be sitting by while Elizabeth takes her out on actual missions. A punching bag in the basement was one thing. Blood, guts, and murder is another.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. At this point Elizabeth is so miserable I wouldn't put it past her to go out in a blaze of glory.
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holypotatoes View Post
    I have to say I still can't buy Phillip just going along with Paige being in the family business. Not after multiple seasons of him working out his own demons in regards to his work. I don't think there would have been a chance in hell that he'd just be sitting by while Elizabeth takes her out on actual missions. A punching bag in the basement was one thing. Blood, guts, and murder is another.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. At this point Elizabeth is so miserable I wouldn't put it past her to go out in a blaze of glory.
    I wonder how much Philip actually knows about what Paige is doing? They may be trying to keep him out of the loop. Paige is not good at this line of work, and I can see one or both parents having to sacrifice themselves for her at some point, which would fit in with Elizabeth going out in a blaze of glory.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I wonder how much Philip actually knows about what Paige is doing? They may be trying to keep him out of the loop. Paige is not good at this line of work, and I can see one or both parents having to sacrifice themselves for her at some point, which would fit in with Elizabeth going out in a blaze of glory.
    Initially I was thinking they were keeping him out of the loop and just going with the "she'll work in the CIA" bit that they mentioned a few times. But clearly Phillip knew that she was going on missions and when he was talking with Elizabeth after the shooting he didn't act remotely surprised or angry, whereas before, he would have flipped out at finding out she was involved in a mission that involved brain matter being blasted all over her moms face and Paige seeing it. It'd be one thing if they did a flashback or something with an argument between the 3 where Paige tells her dad off and says this is what she wants to do, but with this time jump none of this is making sense and not in character at all. They've kind of turned Phillip into a stepford wives-esque character now. It's a little jarring. I definitely see Phillip going back to full blown spy though. Not just for stabilizing Russia, but also for his current money troubles. I can picture him doing a tit for tat sort of scenario. I'll do this for you and you give me this amount of money. That sort of thing.
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to holypotatoes For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,812 Times in 1,729 Posts

The end of this episode was really ominous with Leonard Cohen's "Dance Me to the End of Love"...Elizabeth is now killing people every episode at the first sign of trouble, and Philip is definitely spying on her now.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

Last episode was like - woah! Sheets really hitting the fan!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (28-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Last episode was like - woah! Sheets really hitting the fan!
    I have fallen behind, I've only seen the first two eps.

Thanks

Episode 5 is the best this season... and a really devastating one.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

Just watched episodes 3 & 4. Elizabeth is off her trolley, four episodes and she must have killed 6 people. She's becoming a liability, and Paige isn't far behind. I think Philips money problems will lead him into trouble. Off to watch episode 5 now, it's so good

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (29-04-18)

Thanks

The last 2 episodes were HUGE! Can't believe there's only 2 episodes left! Also why are there only 10 episodes this season? The only season that isn't 13?

Thanks

I keep saying "best episode of the season" - first episode 5, then 7, then this one.

Thanks

Think I say that about every 3rd episode of this series.