Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artists you'd like to see for season 10

Thanks
    Thanked 3,920 Times in 1,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    KingofCretins

http://www.jscottcampbell.info/album...52410091_n.jpg That’s a few cup sizes over what Buffy has.
    Which would mean more if it was a picture of Buffy Just representing the, uh, particular style he brings

To be fair, SMG did/does have “doe eyes”, did/does have a “backside”, and in BtVS S1 and BtVS S2, she wore push-up bras. I’m not sure if she still is, but SMG was a sex symbol from at least 1997 to 2008 (when she did the Maxim cover).
    Would. Two times. Which is a response you would probably still get a lot. Had Sarah wanted a different and more high profile career, it would not have been the least challenge to her. I admire her sense of scale and her priorities -- her and Freddie having a more than comfortable life where either or both of them get lots of time to actually raise their children, taking turns working.

So, the J. Scott Campbell stuff is over-sexualized for BtVS, the way Georges Jeanty is drawing Dawn in BtVS S9 makes one wonder why Xander is dating her. She looks like she’s 9-10. I consider Rebekah Isaacs does a good happy medium. And Paul Lee does as well.
    I return again to Pia Guerra, for the medium of figures that aren't cartoonish but still with the sexy.

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

To be fair, SMG did/does have “doe eyes”, did/does have a “backside”, and in BtVS S1 and BtVS S2, she wore push-up bras. I’m not sure if she still is, but SMG was a sex symbol from at least 1997 to 2008 (when she did the Maxim cover).
    Seriously, someone thing about SMG as a sex symbol??? That's pretty funny. C'mon she is pretty and cute, but sexy? I guess de gustibus non est disputandum. As for this Campbell art. Sorry, it wasn't Buffy. Were she had that big... assets and absolutely not flat chest and when she wore sluty, red dress? And is that only me or is her body proportions are mess up - she had little had and big body?

As for artist for s 10. I like Jo Chen art.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,292 Times in 911 Posts

Like King, I'm a big fan of Y - The Last Man and Pia Guerra's artwork is especially good and consistently so. In addition, she can draw women very well -- women of different shapes and sizes, with different emotional registers, etc. -- in a way that the Buffy line could really use.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Local Maximum For This Useful Post:

Stoney (06-02-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,920 Times in 1,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Local Maximum View Post
    Like King, I'm a big fan of Y - The Last Man and Pia Guerra's artwork is especially good and consistently so. In addition, she can draw women very well -- women of different shapes and sizes, with different emotional registers, etc. -- in a way that the Buffy line could really use.
    And faaar more sexy (not to mention believable) sex than we learned Georges will provide when required. Not that anybody cares about sex appeal

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
    I notice a lot of people feel that Georges Jeanty's artwork is slipping.

Who would people like to see do the artwork for the Buffyverse books in season 10?

Me, I'd love Frank Quietly. I think his style would be great for either a Buffy book or an Angel book. Although I'd rather see him do a Buffy book. I fell in love with his style when I read All Star Supeman and Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin.
    That'd be lovely. I'd actually like to see Dave McKean. I have no freaking idea where he'd take it... and that's why I want it. I want to have my mind blown. Someone with a radically different style - perhaps something semi-photographic - would be brilliant. Oh, or Simon Bisley. He'd be ace. Though he'd definitely need taking aside and reminding that not all women have breasts like zeppelins, and mostly, people wear clothes

http://2000adcovers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/biz.html

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Thanks

All caught up

* My current problem with Georges Jeanty’s artwork mostly revolves around how he is drawing Dawn and how he is currently drawing Illyria. I was relatively fine with his artwork in BtVS S8. But now Dawn’s in a relationship with Xander and her looking 9-10 years old is simply unacceptable. And Illyria looks younger than Buffy and doesn’t have ‘presence’. Obviously, no artist would be perfect and no artist will draw ‘perfect’ artwork every Issue. But Jeanty has been WORSE in BtVS S9 than he was in BtVS S8. He’s been working on the comics for over 5 years now and should be far better than he was in the beginning. But 8.01 to 8.04 is better drawn than BtVS S9 has been. So, his artwork over 6 years ago is better than it is now. And frankly, I consider his early BtVS S8 artwork – and other later stuff in BtVS S8 – probably better than Rebekah Isaacs work in A&F.

KingofCretins

I return again to Pia Guerra, for the medium of figures that aren't cartoonish but still with the sexy.
    I don’t know about comic book artists and I couldn’t find good examples on Google Images and Google Search. Could you provide some links?

1701EarlGrey

Seriously, someone thing about SMG as a sex symbol??? That's pretty funny. C'mon she is pretty and cute, but sexy?
    Well…

* “One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People. [1998]”
    * “Ranked #1 in FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women in the World 1999 and #3 in 2000.”
    * “Ranked #16 on the Maxim Magazine's Hot 100 of 2002 list.”
    * “Voted 9th most beautiful person in the world in South Africa's People magazine (2002).”
    * “#8 on Google.com's most searched women in 2002.”
    * “In 1999, she signed a contract with Maybelline to become the company's first celebrity spokeswoman since Lynda Carter in the late 1970s.”
    * “Ranked #45 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).”
    * “Ranked #45 on the Maxim magazine's Hot 100 of 2003 list.”
    * “Ranked #26 on the Maxim magazine's Hot 100 of 2005 list.”
    * “Ranked #64 in FHM magazines's 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005.”
    * “Ranked #94 in FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006.”
    * “Ranked #1 on Maxim magazine's "Hottest Women of Horror Movies" list.”
    * “Ranked #18 on Wizard magazine's Sexiest Women of TV list (March 2008).
    * “Ranked #5 on Maxim Magazine's Hot 100 and Woman of the Year in 2008.”
    * “Ranked #32 on FHM Magazine's 100 sexiest women of 2008, which earned her the title of Comeback Queen because she wasn't even on the list last year and she had 4 movie screen outings.”
    * “Ranked #39 on FHM magazine's 100 sexiest women of 2009, which earned her the title of Eternal Flame because she's still in the top flight of the list after so many years of being # 1 in 1999.”
    * “Ranked #9 on TV Guide's Sexiest Sci-Fi Women of all Time [2009].”
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001264/bio

I didn’t know about the 2009 stuff, so apparently she’s been a sex symbol from at least 1997 to 2009.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    All caught up

Well…

I didn’t know about the 2009 stuff, so apparently she’s been a sex symbol from at least 1997 to 2009.
    People never sees to amaze me... Because honestly I don't know what is so sexy about her She is extremely small, breastless and have this roman nose Don't get me wrong... I think that - asides from that nose - her face is quite nice to look at - she have quite amazing eyes! - but sex symbol? Really?

I guess de gustibus non est disputandum...