Thread: Fifteen films

Thanks
    Thanked 12,835 Times in 5,314 Posts

Default Fifteen films

Fifteen films you've seen that will always stick with you. Jut put the first fifteen that come to mind and why.

Rules: Don't take too long to think about it.

*NOTE* these aren't supposed to be your favourites necessarily, they don't have to be the best films of all time, just ones that made some sort of impact.

Right then, I'll start us off...

I really do always come out looking a bit weird whenever I do anything like this. I really cannot emphasise enough that these are not all good films; some of which I would only recommend to someone I heartily disliked(!), but they are the first fifteen I thought of...

1. Princess Bride - because it's bloody funny.
    2. Incredible Journey - because animals in jeopardy always makes me blub and that's not like me (I'm a bit of a hard nosed cow ).
    3. Chariots of Fire - for a real spine-tingle moment.
    4. Primal Fear - not one of my faves (and you have to put up with Richard Gere), but I didn't see it coming. Maybe it was just an off day, but it doesn't happen often.
    5. Gallipoli - I found this such a poignant film for a sense of the futility of war.
    6. Alien - for God's sake, tell me I don't have to explain this, one of the best.
    7. The Village - I just love the mood of this film.
    8. Candyman - don't like it, creeps me out.
    9. Phone Booth - the only time I have considered it might be worth abandoning the salted popcorn and leaving the cinema.
    10. Ferris Beuller's Day Off - gave me my general approach to life(!).
    11. Scum - hard to forget.
    12. The Accused - likewise.
    13. The Ring - these thrillers that play on the 'if-you-do-this-it-will-get-you' really creep me out. I love horrors and thrillers, just not this sort.
    14. Dumbo - first film I ever owned.
    15. Jurassic Park - because it still looks good.
    Last edited by Stoney; 27-09-12 at 08:39 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (27-09-12)