Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best TV Duos bracket (Spuffy and Cangel in the competition)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,264 Posts

Default Best TV Duos bracket (Spuffy and Cangel in the competition)

TV Breakroom website has started a TV Duos competition. It's all kinds of duos - romantic, friendly, colleagues etc. http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-bracket-day-0/

Round 1 Day 1 started yesterday (voting lasts for 72 hours) and includes Buffy and Spike up against Oscar and Felix from The Odd Couple. There's also Marshall and Lily from How I Met Your Mother, up against Zane and Jo from Eureka. http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-bracket-round-one-day-1/

Day 2 is here - http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-bracket-round-one-day-2/

You can see the entire bracket here: http://tvbreakroom.com/wp-content/up...osBracket1.jpg
    The bracket also includes Angel and Cordelia, in the other part of the bracket.

The bracket apparently can only two sets of pairings from one show, and can only include one character in one pairing, which is why they previously had a Wild Card poll to decide which pairings to include from some shows, and which shows not to include at all. http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-wild-card-poll/ As you can see, Buffy/Spike came on top as far as Buffyverse suggested pairings so (71 votes - would've been one more if I had any idea about this poll ), in front of Buffy/Angel (56), Angel/Cordelia (42) and Spike/Drusilla (41). I don't know why there weren't other pairings in the competition.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Stoney (30-08-12)

Thanks

Day 8 - Angel and Cordelia are up against Robin and Much from Robin Hood.

http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-bracket-round-one-day-8/
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,441 Times in 5,578 Posts

They seem to be doing ok at 74%. Pleased Big Bang Theory are getting through so far, I love that show, Sheldon is brilliant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    They seem to be doing ok at 74%. Pleased Big Bang Theory are getting through so far, I love that show, Sheldon is brilliant.
    Yeah, but look at the number of votes (47:16). Not that many people vote on that website*, the vote could easily go the other way in each poll (say, if someone posts a link on a fansite).

*Though there's no doubt that the fact you can't vote more than once is affecting the apparently small number of overall votes.

Thanks

In the meantime, in the AfterElton Ultimate Slash Madness Tourney round 2, Angel and Spike are losing badly to Stiles and Derek from Teen Wolf. http://www.afterelton.com/poll/2012/...rney-round-two I'm not sure a lot could be done about this judging by the number of votes on that site (34238: 7930)

Thanks

Good would be my response, no help here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

ubi4soft (05-09-12)

Thanks

Buffy and Spike are up against Marshall and Lily in this round. http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-brack...nd-two-day-17/
    They're leading by 67%, but it's just 43 votes to 21 vote.

The real fight is going to be in the next round, though, when they are up against Kirk and Spock!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

ami (13-09-12),Stoney (13-09-12)

Thanks

I voted

Im so glad they didnt make it Buffy and Angel for once. That is usually the ship people tend to use when they aren't too clued up about the show.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BuffySpike View Post
    I voted

Im so glad they didnt make it Buffy and Angel for once. That is usually the ship people tend to use when they aren't too clued up about the show.
    They were picked according to votes. Apparently they decided on the rules that 1) there can be just 1 or 2 pairings from one show, and 2) a character can be in just one pairings, so they held a Wild Card poll to decide which pairings would go into the bracket from the multiple suggested pairings from the show, and which shows wouldn't be included at all. The suggested Buffyverse pairings' results were:

Spike and Buffy - 71 votes
    Buffy and Angel - 56 votes
    Angel and Cordelia - 42 votes
    Spike and Drusilla - 41 vote

So, according to their 2nd rule, Spike/Buffy and Angel/Cordelia went through.

Thanks

Angel and Cordy are up against a couple from Warehouse 13, a show I'm not familiar with. http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-brack...nd-two-day-20/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    Angel and Cordy are up against a couple from Warehouse 13, a show I'm not familiar with. http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-brack...nd-two-day-20/
    Having not seen much of Angel, and Cordy virtually not in S5, I don't know what their dynamic was like particularly. Were they a good duo (romantically or not)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Having not seen much of Angel, and Cordy virtually not in S5, I don't know what their dynamic was like particularly. Were they a good duo (romantically or not)?
    This is a matter of opinion and very debatable (well, at least the 'romantically' part).

If you want my opinion, they were great as friends, non-romantically (I think most people would agree with that) but really not romantically; however, that's largely due to the way writers botched it (and most people would agree to how terribly botched Cordy's story was, too). What's debatable is whether they could have been a great/good romantic pairing if the writers didn't change and violate Cordy's character, first by watering her down in order to make her look saintlike, then by the awful possession story in season 4.

But the poll is not about romance but pairing in general. And so far, I've voted for them since they haven't come up against any pairing I like better.

This scene from season 3 is an example of how great they were before they were paired up romantically. This is Cordy talking, of course, and Angel reacting to her words.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Foyboy (22-09-12),Francy (16-09-12),Stoney (16-09-12)

Thanks

So far Spuffy have had easy matchups, but now in the 3rd round, it's a real battle! They
    re up against Kirk and Spock, and it's almost even - K/S are leading by one vote!

http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-brack...-three-day-25/

Which is your favorite TV duo? Round 3.1

Kirk and Spock - Star Trek (51%, 50 Votes)
    Spike and Buffy - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (49%, 49 Votes)

Oh and looks like A/C have lost. These are the upcoming matchups.http://tvbreakroom.com/wp-content/up...et-edited2.jpg
    I'm just sad that Veronica/Logan are gone.
    Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 22-09-12 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks

Even now on 51 votes each.

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

I'm just sad that Veronica/Logan are gone.
    That's what happens when you go up against Dr. Who. These contests are always about which show has the more active online fandom.

I'm predicting Dr. Who beats Spike/Buffy, then loses to Sam/Dean.
    Chuck loses to Troy/Abed.
    Sam/Dean beats Troy/Abed.

Thanks

Currently winning by 100 (63%) votes to 60.

Thanks

Buffy/Spike in the 4th round against Doctor/Donna! http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-brack...d-four-day-33/

Thanks

Buffy/Spike in the 4th round against Doctor/Donna! http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-brack...d-four-day-33/
    This could be tough, I don't know that the online fandom is like for Dr Who but it is still a current show so I would assume it is reasonably big. Anyway, we are winning at the moment..

Spike and Buffy - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (56%, 71 Votes)
    The Doctor and Donna - Doctor Who (44%, 55 Votes)

EDIT: I think this is the last day and Spike/Buffy are just winning...

Spike and Buffy - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (52%, 169 Votes)
    The Doctor and Donna - Doctor Who (48%, 158 Votes)

I've run out of people to pass this on to (who definitely won't vote for Dr Who!). Fingers crossed. In the last 30ish votes since I last checked nearly all have gone to Dr Who.

I'm a bit taken aback by the fact that the day 34 round Merlin and Arthur have 596 votes in for them (against 120 for Peter and Neal in White Collar). This seems a bit popular!!!

Thanks

The Doctor and Donna are currently in the lead by 12 votes - 203 to 192.

Thanks

Damn it!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (01-10-12)