Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Buffy didnít kill Spike in Season 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7?

Thanks

One particularly interesting instance is where she rips the gem of Amara off of his finger, she could have held him there until he burned up but she lets him go before he does.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,645 Times in 5,660 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuffySpike View Post
    One particularly interesting instance is where she rips the gem of Amara off of his finger, she could have held him there until he burned up but she lets him go before he does.
    She doesn't make sure he is going to be safe though! She may have just thought the sun would do its job but he (luckily) gets to the sewer.

The sunlight thing is always a bit inconsistent and I have heard arguments that the older the vamp the more sun resistant they become. Some seem to go *poof* the moment a stray beam gets them, whereas others get to rush around with a blanket over their heads and just smoulder (). Some vamps catch fire and go up like tinder, whereas another vamp's hand catches light as they are passed out drunk and they get to wake up and put it out (). I think on this topic it is simply fairer to just say it works as the plot needs it to and if you are fortunate enough to be the second type of vamp your plot armour allows the sunlight to be not as strong, or your age does protect you, or maybe the soap you use makes a difference!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

BuffySpike (22-09-12),Foyboy (22-09-12)

Thanks

He was kind of in shade too.

Thanks

There really is no good reason why Buffy didn't kill Spike.

Spike's a popular character so the writers had to make the other characters ignore some of the things that Spike does.

Personally I find it very OOC for Buffy and the others to let him live after he helped Adam start a war that was going to kill a lot of people.

The problem is made worse in "Out of my Mind".

The biggest thing is that Spike's actions in Season 4 with Adam and "Out of my Mind" are never bought up again.

I'm not even going to bother trying to make sense of the Season 6 episode where we learn that he's selling demon eggs under the name "The Doctor".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul666 View Post
    I'm not even going to bother trying to make sense of the Season 6 episode where we learn that he's selling demon eggs under the name "The Doctor".
    I have always taken it at face value that he stupidly agreed to help someone store them for some cash in hand. The idea that he was working as some international demon egg dealer is ridiculous. He would not have put himself and Buffy knowingly at risk either. Equally, I find it laughably ridiculous personally that some people insist that Riley must have set him up and was clearly stalking Buffy and planning this all along. I do think Riley's prejudice allowed him to smugly assume he had solved it because all roads of evil lead to Spike, goodness knows who 'The Doctor' really was, probably the contact that got Spike involved. Oh, and another big to the idea that Spike would ever have given himself a pseudonym like 'The Doctor' for his demon egg black market operation, so not him it is belly achingly funny. I don't think it is any more complicated than that, another example of his moral compass/decision making process as a demon not hitting the mark.
    Last edited by Stoney; 22-09-12 at 10:08 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

BuffySpike (23-09-12),Francy (22-09-12)

Thanks

I think it was explained that Buffy has issues with killing him in seasons 4 - early 5 because when he has the chip he's all weak and helpless and cant fight back.
    It didnt seem to matter how much he actually could screw with everyones heads. Also him saving the gang in Primeval seemed to be a reason why they decided not to kill him after his antics in season 4

Thats the only really solid one I have.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BuffySpike For This Useful Post:

Stoney (23-09-12)

Thanks

I don't see how people can get too uppity anyway about Spike's plot armour around Buffy when School Hard saw Spike out fight Buffy and have her pinned and then run off because Joyce bopped him with an ax. Sure we don't know how things would have played out if she hadn't but that is the plot armour talking too. He had her, she was a lot younger and inexperienced and he got the better of her in that fight and it would have been more realistic for him to break Joyce's neck and continue fighting rather than run off. It happens all over the place for different characters, that's part of accepting the fictional story, that it flows where it wants to flow and oxbows off the parts it wishes to ignore. As long as the 'ignored' part doesn't irretrievably compromise the overall plot/characters etc it keeps hanging together. The story tells us they were well matched fighters at first, then made a truce and then, when he was chipped she didn't kill him because they wanted info and because he was 'harmless', later he helped, then became a true ally/lover/friend. Rightly or wrongly, that is why Buffy didn't kill Spike.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Foyboy (23-09-12),Rihannon (25-09-12),Sky (23-09-12),TimeTravellingBunny (23-09-12)