Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BtVS merchandising

Thanks

Moving this to the misc section as it's not discussing the show Buffy

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I've never seen any dolls/figures that look like the actors/actresses. Normally they just look odd to me.
    Really? I find quality various and yes, some can be awful, but some are lot more accurate, especially considering some likenesses where created (as in the case of the Spike figures) by computer scans from their face.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sueworld For This Useful Post:

ami (07-09-12),DeepBlueJoy (14-06-18),MikeB (13-06-18),Stoney (06-09-12),TimeTravellingBunny (06-09-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,979 Times in 5,395 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sueworld View Post
    Really? I find quality various and yes, some can be awful, but some are lot more accurate, especially considering some likenesses where created (as in the case of the Spike figures) by computer scans from their face.
    I've never seen those before they are loads better than any of the ones I've seen.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

MikeB (14-06-18)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 Times in 611 Posts

Well to be fair these are all either 12" figures or statues, which are seen more as collectables then toys. The premium formats and statues cost a great deal as well which often means more attention to detail.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sueworld For This Useful Post:

MikeB (14-06-18),Stoney (06-09-12)

Thanks

I just remembered I have a Buffy mug that came with a Buffy easter egg lol

Thanks

I have these merchandise on buffy...
    Complete tv series 1-7
    trading cards set
    playing cards
    autographs
    reading books
    t shirt
    1 action figure

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buffy1987 For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (14-06-18),MikeB (14-06-18)

Sunnydale High Student Cordelia's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm afraid I don't even have the DVDs let alone apparel or merchandise. All I have aside from the first three comics of the BTVS season 8 set is three and counting of the Angel novel series. I'm almost halfway through one now.

I've spotted at least three Angel t-shirts that I desperately want but my debit card is literally empty--and one of the t-shirts which is on Amazon is not in stock. I'm also wishing I hadn't been a Twilight addict when the 'Buffy staked Edward' t-shirt was at Hot Topic. I really want it now hehe.

UPDATE: Well I found an awesome Angel tee at Hot Topic's website (my step sister got me a $50 gift card for my birthday) and it only comes in an extra small! I'm a medium in Hot Topic sizes--good effing lord I'm not an extra small in anything!

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Cle...t-10198668.jsp
    Last edited by Cordelia; 02-01-15 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

The Premium Format Statues are very expensive: meaning around $500 to $1,000 on eBay and elsewhere.

And the females are VERY sexualized (like generally more so than in the Buffyverse). The males look as they do in the Buffyverse

Here's my previous list and additions:

BEFORE: August 05, 2012, 09:09 PM

DVDs: all of BtVS and AtS
    comics: TPBs of Fray , Tales of the Slayers , Tales of the Vampires , Long Night's Journey .
    comics: all of the Buffyverse comics

Dailies: all the available ones that I know about including the ones that were on Whedon.info, the YouTube or whatever of the Spike/Anya scene in "Entropy", the Internet dailies for AtS S5 (1 hour 45 minutes), BtVS S1 (4 hours), "Prophecy Girl", "When She Was Bad",

DVDs: "Spiral" and "Weight of the World" (5.20-1) [1 disc], "Life Serial" (6.05?) [3 discs]"Smashed" (6.09) [2 discs], "Wrecked" (6.10) [4 discs], "Gone" (6.11) [3 discs], "Doublemeat Palace" (6.12) [4 discs], "Dead Things" (6.13) [4 discs], "Older and Faraway" (6.14) [4 discs], "As You Were" (6.15) [4 discs], "Hells Bells" (6.16) [2 discs], "Normal Again" (6.17) [3 discs],

12-inch 'dolls' of Graduation Day Buffy, Vampire Spike ($75 from Canada) (human face Spike was selling at like $300 at the time), Drusilla ($75 from Canada), 'Angelus' Angel, Faith

6-inch 'action figures' of "Once More With Feeling" Buffy, "Graduation Day" Buffy, Season 7 Spike, AtS S5 Spike, Faith

I bought the dolls and action figures on a Buffyverse 'binge' in 2005. At the time, Vampire Spike and Drusilla were going for around $100-150 each, so that $150 total was a really good deal at the time. And the Human Face Spike was selling from around anywhere from $250-500. Bought the DVDs before the Chosen Collection was available. I bought them all in like 2004 or 2005 (after the AtS s5 DVDs were available). The dailies in total cost around $200-300 (I forget). That was actually a great buy since they were selling for $50 each in VHS form at conventions. I heard that the "Seeing Red" (6.19) attempted rape scene was available but I didn't find someone who was selling it. I really wanted/want the dailies for the ending scene of "Out of My Mind" (5.04) since I heard it was super hot and that possibly they did an actual sex scene.

CURRENT:

comics: TPBs of Fray , Tales of the Slayers , Tales of the Vampires , Long Night's Journey.

comics: all of the Buffyverse comics (including BtVS S8, AtS, S: AtF, BtVS S9, A&F S9, BtVS S10, A&F S10, BtVS S11, and the BtVS S9: Giles miniseries) I don't have AtS S11 and the non-Brian Lynch and non-Juliet Landau written 'AtS S6' stuff

comics: Library Editions of BtVS S8, BtVS S9, A&F S9

comics: TPB of BtVS S9: "Spike: A Dark Place"

Dailies: all the available ones that I know about including the ones that were on Whedon.info, the YouTube or whatever of the Spike/Anya scene in "Entropy", the Internet dailies for AtS S5 (1 hour 45 minutes), BtVS S1 (4 hours), "Prophecy Girl", "When She Was Bad",

DVDs: "Spiral" and "Weight of the World" (5.20-1) [1 disc], "Life Serial" (6.05?) [3 discs]"Smashed" (6.09) [2 discs], "Wrecked" (6.10) [4 discs], "Gone" (6.11) [3 discs], "Doublemeat Palace" (6.12) [4 discs], "Dead Things" (6.13) [4 discs], "Older and Faraway" (6.14) [4 discs], "As You Were" (6.15) [4 discs], "Hells Bells" (6.16) [2 discs], "Normal Again" (6.17) [3 discs],

12-inch Sideshow Collectible 'dolls' of Graduation Day Buffy, Vampire Spike ($75 from Canada) (human face Spike was selling at like $300 at the time), Drusilla ($75 from Canada), 'Angelus' Angel, Faith

6-inch 'action figures' of "Once More With Feeling" Buffy, "Graduation Day" Buffy, Season 7 Spike, AtS S5 Spike, Faith

I bought the dolls and action figures on a Buffyverse 'binge' in 2005. At the time, Vampire Spike and Drusilla were going for around $100-150 each, so that $150 total was a really good deal at the time. And the Human Face Spike was selling from around anywhere from $250-500.
    I had stored these at my Grandparents' (on my father's side) house for a time because I was going to move. Somehow, they got 'lost' or 'misplaced' and I got generous compensation for that loss.

In 2016 C.E. through recently, I bought 12-inch Sideshow Collectible 'dolls' of Graduation Day Buffy, Vampire Spike, Human-face Spike, Drusilla, Faith (sans Scythe), Vampire Willow, AtS Angel (all leather, better weapons), Subway Spike

All are 'brand new' and never opened and all are almost pristine including the boxes/packaging

I had bought and then sold a Faith with Scythe, BtVS Angel (really Angelus given the clothing)

Including shipping, the cost of the 12-inch Sideshow Collectibles was around $550-$575, but including the compensation for the Faith and Angel sold and the compensation mentioned, essentially well beyond free.

Bought the DVDs before the Chosen Collection was available. I bought them all in like 2004 C.E or 2005 C.E (after the AtS s5 DVDs were available). The dailies in total cost around $200-300 (I forget). That was actually a great buy since they were selling for $50 each in VHS form at conventions. I heard that the "Seeing Red" (6.19) attempted rape scene was available but I didn't find someone who was selling it. I really wanted/want the dailies for the ending scene of "Out of My Mind" (5.04) since I heard it was super hot and that possibly they did an actual sex scene.

OTHER WHEDONVERSE STUFF

Blu-Ray of Firefly , Serenity , Dollhouse S1 & S2

All Serenity comics
    All Dollhouse comics

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-06-18),TriBel (13-06-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,979 Times in 5,395 Posts

I'd love to get one of the Sideshow collectibles above where Spike is crouched on the gravestone, but I've never seen one for sale. I know they would be horrifically expensive if I did, but I'd like the option of deciding if I want to spend stupid money on it rather than not having the choice, ha.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

MikeB (14-06-18),TriBel (13-06-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,368 Times in 1,111 Posts

I have both the Spike and Angel sideshow premium formate statues, but even though I adored the Spike maquette I felt I just couldn't justify spending nearly 300 on one. And that price was at the time of their release, so god only knows what thy are now on the secondry market

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

MikeB (14-06-18),Stoney (14-06-18),TriBel (13-06-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,669 Times in 2,025 Posts

Sod it! I'm gonna wait until Spike's Desoto comes up - I'll treat myself! Gotta think BIG!

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (14-06-18),Priceless (14-06-18),Silver1 (13-06-18),Stoney (14-06-18)

Thanks

I made myself a replica of the scythe for a role play for a class I did once... I think that may be the closest I ever come to owning any collectable... I still have it a decade later... even though it's just a wooden rod and some shiny paper and cardboard...

I do have my various dvd box sets... and the comics packed in boxes. and random books, but they were all second hand from the library book store, so I suspect they aren't truly collectible. I'm pathetic, I guess...

Oh, and I do have ALL the music CDs released from the show... I used to have 4 radio stations programmed with the rest of the music on Slacker, but their format changed and I lost interest in futzing with it. Youtube used to have a few playlists, but some of them are gone now...

____

Now, Spike's car or Lindsay's truck I would not say no to!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sueworld View Post

I do love Spike applying blood to the statue!
    Last edited by DeepBlueJoy; 14-06-18 at 02:22 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DeepBlueJoy For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (14-06-18)

Thanks

I usually have my 12-inch Sideshow Collectibles in drawers or in boxes on shelves (in bedroom or closet). I rarely have them in display cases because of dust concerns and because its very "geeky" for guests to see such things. And they'd have to have the 'front covers' open to even see inside the boxes.

I've thought about commissioning artwork from Georges Jeanty, Paul Lee, and Rebekah Isaacs; but, again, I'm not fully sure I'd really want to 'frame and display'.

A single statue can cost around as much or more than all the 12-inch Sideshow Collectibles I've bought and it'd be pointless to keep a statue in a box.

BTW, I remember my former 12-inch Graduation Day Buffy, Drusilla, and Vampire Spike were taken out of the box. And I remember I didn't keep any of the 6-inch ones in the box.

All the recent ones are going to forever be kept in the boxes and kept as collectibles.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (14-06-18)

Thanks

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

Here's my previous list and additions [EDITS ARE DISTINGUISHED BELOW]:

BEFORE: August 05, 2012, 09:09 PM

comics: TPBs of Fray , Tales of the Slayers , Tales of the Vampires , Long Night's Journey .
    comics: all of the Buffyverse comics

12-inch 'dolls' of Graduation Day Buffy, Vampire Spike ($75 from Canada) (human face Spike was selling at like $300 at the time), Drusilla ($75 from Canada), 'Angelus' Angel, Faith

I bought the dolls and action figures on a Buffyverse 'binge' in 2005. At the time, Vampire Spike and Drusilla were going for around $100-150 each, so that $150 total was a really good deal at the time. And the Human Face Spike was selling from around anywhere from $250-500. Bought the DVDs before the Chosen Collection was available. I bought them all in like 2004 or 2005 (after the AtS s5 DVDs were available). The dailies in total cost around $200-300 (I forget). That was actually a great buy since they were selling for $50 each in VHS form at conventions. I heard that the "Seeing Red" (6.19) attempted rape scene was available but I didn't find someone who was selling it. I really wanted/want the dailies for the ending scene of "Out of My Mind" (5.04) since I heard it was super hot and that possibly they did an actual sex scene.

CURRENT:

comics: TPBs of Fray , Tales of the Slayers , Tales of the Vampires , Long Night's Journey.

comics: all of the Buffyverse comics (including BtVS S8, AtS, S: AtF, BtVS S9, A&F S9, BtVS S10, A&F S10, BtVS S11, and the BtVS S9: Giles miniseries) I don't have AtS S11 and the non-Brian Lynch and non-Juliet Landau written 'AtS S6' stuff

comics: Library Editions of BtVS S8, BtVS S9, A&F S9

comics: TPB of BtVS S9: "Spike: A Dark Place"

12-inch Sideshow Collectible 'dolls' of Graduation Day Buffy, Vampire Spike ($75 from Canada) (human face Spike was selling at like $300 at the time), Drusilla ($75 from Canada), 'Angelus' Angel, Faith

I bought the dolls and action figures on a Buffyverse 'binge' in 2005. At the time, Vampire Spike and Drusilla were going for around $100-150 each, so that $150 total was a really good deal at the time. And the Human Face Spike was selling from around anywhere from $250-500.
    I had stored these at my Grandparents' (on my father's side) house for a time because I was going to move. Somehow, they got 'lost' or 'misplaced' and I got generous compensation for that loss.

In 2016 C.E. through recently, I bought 12-inch Sideshow Collectible 'dolls' of Graduation Day Buffy, Vampire Spike, Human-face Spike, Drusilla, Faith (sans Scythe), Vampire Willow, AtS Angel (all leather, better weapons), Subway Spike EDIT As of August 29, 2018, I bought another Human-face Spike (this one has both 'flesh hands' and a separate pair of gloved hands), I bought an 'Angel/Angelus', and I bought a Prophecy Girl Buffy (one without the leather jacket--those usually now sell for over $125 and I don't consider the extra money worth it.) Nowadays, many of the 6-inch 'action figures' sell for more than the 12-inch Sideshow Collectibles; therefore, I'm probably not going to buy any of the 6-inch 'action figures'. I'm only mildly interested in getting a 12-inch Vampire Buffy and I have little interest in any of the following: Cordelia, Lorne, The Master, Oz, Xander, 'Vampire' Angel, Liam, Willow (problem is she looks more like Amy Madison than Alyson Hannigan), and Hawaiian shirt Vampire Spike. I've also never really been much interested in buying any of the props or clothing from the TV series. Again, am I really going to put those on display? END OF EDIT

All are 'brand new' and never opened and all are almost pristine including the boxes/packaging

I had bought and then sold a Faith with Scythe, BtVS Angel (really Angelus given the clothing)

Including shipping, the cost of the 12-inch Sideshow Collectibles was around $550-$575, but including the compensation for the Faith and Angel sold and the compensation mentioned, essentially well beyond free.

Bought the DVDs before the Chosen Collection was available. I bought them all in like 2004 C.E or 2005 C.E (after the AtS s5 DVDs were available). The dailies in total cost around $200-300 (I forget). That was actually a great buy since they were selling for $50 each in VHS form at conventions. I heard that the "Seeing Red" (6.19) attempted rape scene was available but I didn't find someone who was selling it. I really wanted/want the dailies for the ending scene of "Out of My Mind" (5.04) since I heard it was super hot and that possibly they did an actual sex scene.

OTHER WHEDONVERSE STUFF

Blu-Ray of Firefly , Serenity , Dollhouse S1 & S2

All Serenity comics
    All Dollhouse comics

25. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

Priceless (29-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,006 Times in 3,841 Posts

Here's my Mondo OMWF all framed and lovely

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (18-06-19),flow (17-06-19),GoSpuffy (18-06-19),Silver1 (18-06-19),SpuffyGlitz (17-06-19),Stoney (18-06-19),TriBel (17-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,669 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Here's my Mondo OMWF all framed and lovely

Wow...I don't go for merchandising but that looks great! Pleased for you.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

buffylover (18-06-19),Priceless (18-06-19)