Thread: Buffyverse name suggestions

Hellmouth Tourist Buffaholic_Bel's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Buffyverse name suggestions

Hello!!

It feels like an eternity since I last posted on this site, I've been a little bit busy growing another human being

I already have 2 kids whose names appear in Buffy/Angel and I would really like baby number 3 to have a Buffyverse name as well! But I'm struggling to come up with one I like, especially for a boy!!

I'm hoping you can help me with some name suggestions? They don't need to be main / regular characters. My daughter's name is a one off character of the show!

TIA
    That'll put Marzipan in your pie plate BINGO

Thanks
    Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,255 Posts

Are you pregnant? Congrats.

Well names are a bit difficult since everybody likes different names but if I had to go with a name for a boy with a link to the Buffyverse I think I would go for Liam, Angel's real name. It's a great name and not a name that screams "My parents named me after a popular character".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Buffaholic_Bel (27-07-12)

Thanks

Couldn't agree more Nina, Liam was my name of choice when I was pregnant with my daughter (2nd) but since she was born my SIL has had a little boy and called him Liam! So not impressed. Would be a no brainer for me otherwise

Thanks
    Thanked 12,794 Times in 5,284 Posts

Does it bother you what the characters are like? If my son had been a girl I would have loved to have gone for Willow (my other daughter has a Farscape name) but I would never go for April for example because she was a pretty mindless robot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's too bad, Liam is awesome. Although I like the name Connor as well, for pretty much the same reasons; it's a classic but without being an 'old people' name and it's not too long.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,104 Posts

First of all, congrats!!

In Buffy/Angel there are several classic/common names one could use: Ben, Scott, Charles, Jesse, Adam, Andrew, Jonathan, Ethan, Larry, Robin, Francis (Doyle), Connor, Lindsey, Daniel (Oz and Holz)

I have always liked the name Warren, but in the Buffyverse it doesn't really have very good connotations LOL Same with Parker!

Then you have the Initiative: Riley, Graham, Forrest (honestly, not a fan of either of those names)

Wesley is peculiar, and immediately recognizable as a Buffyverse name by a fan, but it's normal enough to not be looked down by non-Buffy fans.

And you could always go for Clem!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Francy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Does it bother you what the characters are like? If my son had been a girl I would have loved to have gone for Willow (my other daughter has a Farscape name) but I would never go for April for example because she was a pretty mindless robot.
    Hahahaha!! Obviously not, because my daughter is April

Although I do have to say that the fact both my kids ended up with names from the Buffyverse was purely coincidental and not planned at all!! I did not realise that the robots name was April until a rewatch during feeding late at night I always had a soft spot for that poor robot tho!!

My son is Connor and I'm not a huge fan of that character either!! But love the name

So really, I'm looking primarily for a name I love that can tie back to the Buffyverse.

For a girl I love Molly, Willow and Cordelia. The more options I have the more chance there is that hubby will like one of them too!!

The less obvious the name, the less likely he is to make the connection either While he's watched all the seasons, he's not the fan that I am!!

Thanks

Well at least we like the same male names, Connor and Liam both taken...

Hmm let's see I also like the names David (Nabbit), Lucas (Sean Gunn's character) & Marcus (Hamilton). Also Oliver (The talentscout in season 1) is a nice name IMO.
    Last edited by Nina; 27-07-12 at 12:35 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    Well at least we like the same male names, Connor and Liam both taken...

Hmm let's see I also like the names David (Nabbit), Lucas (Sean Gunn's character) & Marcus (Hamilton). Also Oliver (The talentscout in season 1) is a nice name IMO.
    Wow Nina, you and I must have similar taste in names

Lucas is actually on my boys name list, but I didn't pick the Buffyverse link! That's so why I posted here I like Marcus as well and did consider it, but it's too similar to my maiden name and would just seem weird! I like Oliver as well, but there is one in my son's class at school and he's put me off that name

This is sooooo hard!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Francy View Post
    First of all, congrats!!

In Buffy/Angel there are several classic/common names one could use: Ben, Scott, Charles, Jesse, Adam, Andrew, Jonathan, Ethan, Larry, Robin, Francis (Doyle), Connor, Lindsey, Daniel (Oz and Holz)

I have always liked the name Warren, but in the Buffyverse it doesn't really have very good connotations LOL Same with Parker!

Then you have the Initiative: Riley, Graham, Forrest (honestly, not a fan of either of those names)

Wesley is peculiar, and immediately recognizable as a Buffyverse name by a fan, but it's normal enough to not be looked down by non-Buffy fans.

And you could always go for Clem!
    I've considered D'Hoffryn, but hubby just won't go for it

I love Riley, it's on my list!! And thank you for Daniel!! For the life of me I couldn't remember what Oz's first name was!! Now I don't have to look it up I'm in the middle of a rewatch of season 7, so a long time since Oz was in it!

Thanks

First off congrats!

secondly name suggestions, what about William? Spikes real name, it has that classic feel that Connor andd Liam also have or me, I personaly like Doyle not Francis but really Doyle as a first name. Do you want only carachter names or will actor do too? cause then you have names like David and Alexis those are good names you could of course always go for Joss

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It makes the options easier obviously if you don't care about the character's personalities (though I agree, I felt sorry for April too).

Possible boys - Alexander (Xander obviously), I think Oz was Daniel, Caleb?
    Possible girls - Willow, Amber (Tara), I quite like Faith, Katrina, Cassie or there is more in S7 with the potentials Kennedy, Rona, Molly, Vi, Shannon, Chloe

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My son really wants to call the baby Alexander if it's a boy!! I love that, because he's only 7 so he's not allowed to watch Buffy/Angel yet!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Buffaholic_Bel For This Useful Post:

Stoney (27-07-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    First off congrats!

secondly name suggestions, what about William? Spikes real name, it has that classic feel that Connor andd Liam also have or me, I personaly like Doyle not Francis but really Doyle as a first name. Do you want only carachter names or will actor do too? cause then you have names like David and Alexis those are good names you could of course always go for Joss
    I agree, I love Doyle as a first name It's been on my list for all 3 pregnancies now, but hubby's not so sure

Thanks

If you really want to challenge your hubby you can always go with 'Sunday'!! May be setting her up to be contrary child though if she is born on another day of the week.

Thanks

Eeep! I'm currently on a rewatch of S5 of Angel and one of my fav baby names came up

It's Eli.

However the character is only in the ep for about 30 seconds when he speaks with Harmony and then has his head cut off by Angel!! I think the ep is Harm's Way.

Do you think that counts???

Sunnydale High Student mulliganstew's Avatar
    Thanks

All of this talk of Buffyverse names and it makes me so proud to actually be a Cassie

I actually never even think of my name as a Buffyverse name...

For girl's names I love Willow, Tara, April (though, I didn't like her character but I think the name is very pretty).
    For boy's names I like Connor, Wesley, Xander, Ethan (again though, hate the character), I also don't mind Clem to be honest! Oh and someone mentioned Eli, which I think is such a cool name and it totally counts!

Congrats by the way, I'm sure whichever name you choose will be lovely!
    "I don't understand your crazy system!"

"... The alphabet?"

Thanks

Firstly congratulation!

Now for names: For boys, I find this names interesting I'll try not to repeat the names people already suggested you

Adam, Robin, Andrew, Robert, Jesse (could be a girl's name as well), Hank, Jonathan, Devon, Larry, Willy, Scott, Richard, Allan, Quentin, Percy, Dalton, Luke, Sid, Allen, Lee, Nathan, Gavin, Marcus, Billy (could be a girls name as well), Roger, David, Dennis, Eddie, Sam, Trevor.

Now for the girls names...

Maggie, Joyce, Jenny, Amy, Lily, Anne, Olivia, Cecily, Katrina, Amanda, Shannon, Chloe, Eve, Genevieve, Janice, Kathy, Lydia, Nikki, Sandy, Kate, Nina, Jasmine, Alonna, Trish, Dana, Gwen, Justine, Virginia.

Hope this helps you!