Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The US Presidential Election 2: Revenge of the US Presidential Election

Thanks

All caught up

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* I'd like KingOfCretins to respond to my last post in this thread, as he was essentially incorrect about everything. And Paul Ryan was arguably the worst Speaker of the United States House of Representatives that I remember--meaning since George Hebert Walker Bush's Presidency.

* Overall, I consider William Jefferson Clinton was a better US President than Barack Obama was.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,901 Times in 1,841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    * I'd like KingOfCretins to respond to my last post in this thread, as he was essentially incorrect about everything. And Paul Ryan was arguably the worst Speaker of the United States House of Representatives that I remember--meaning since George Hebert Walker Bush's Presidency.
    Funny thing? I did, but I deleted it because it was getting mean and salty about your Dunning-Kruger effect about what you know about American law and politics vs. what I know about American law and politics. You have a lot to say, you think at least, about Florida law and government, for example, despite me being the one who is a member of the Florida bar and that's just, well, precious. Ultimately, I don't have the heart of a bully.

There's really no upside to me in trying to convince anyone of anything politically on this board because I'd rather just enjoy the shared experience of the fandom. As for almost the entire time this "Boiler Room" has existed, I've stuck pretty closely to only chiming in to add some practical/academic insight to people's confusion about how our system of courts and political structures work, and I think that works best for all of us. I got no need to "beat" you, pace Malcolm Reynolds.

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    Funny thing? I did [respond to your most recent post], but I deleted it because it was getting mean and salty about your Dunning-Kruger effect about what you know about American law and politics vs. what I know about American law and politics.
    Regarding US politics, your predictions since I've been posting on this Board in 2010 A.D. have been mostly to almost all wrong and/or incorrect and my predictions have been mostly to all right and/or correct.

The "Funny thing?" is your not acknowledging that your predictions for the end of Obama's term were almost all to all wrong.

Regarding law, you are either very misinformed and/or uninformed or you are being disingenuous when you say that a State Governor and that a Secretary of State for a State has no power over the elections within that State.

Ultimately, I don't have the heart of a bully.
    Huh? What does bullying have to do with political discussions?

There's really no upside to me in trying to convince anyone of anything politically on this board
    The entire point of discussing politics is to convince people and/or make people aware of your political opinions.

As for almost the entire time this "Boiler Room" has existed, I've stuck pretty closely to only chiming in to add some practical/academic insight to people's confusion about how our system of courts and political structures work,
    Maybe read through your posts on this thread: http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...ntial-Election and probably every other political thread on this Board. You give your opinions and regards regarding political and social issues.

I got no need to "beat" you,
    I'm curious how much political power and political influence you have in real life. Your not wanting to continue discussing politics with me is perfectly fine, as it saves me time.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,901 Times in 1,841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Regarding law, you are either very misinformed and/or uninformed or you are being disingenuous when you say that a State Governor and that a Secretary of State for a State has no power over the elections within that State.
    I'm telling you that for objective, documentable legal fact. I did not pick the Dunning-Kruger reference by accident, my dude. For the Nth time, the lawsuits alone can tell the story - every legal challenge against the election process in Florida or Georgia were brought against county boards. What is your issue in understand why that is? Do you think the state and federal judges in those claims just get their rocks off refusing to let candidates sue the "real" power, like the Governors or Secretaries of State? Or maybe does the fact that those county boards being the proper defendants alone prove that you don't quite "get it"? That the legal power over how counting is conducted, which votes, what processes for recounts, etc, are all localized at the county or district level?

I'm curious how much political power and political influence you have in real life. Your not wanting to continue discussing politics with me is perfectly fine, as it saves me time.
    As much as anyone, I suppose. At issue is neither power, nor influence - it's simple knowledge. When it comes to American law and jurisprudence, I have it and you simply do not, especially in Florida.
    Last edited by KingofCretins; 27-01-19 at 08:42 PM.

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...eral_election/

I stopped by to say Knock Down the House on NetFlix is excellent.

* I support US Senator Bernie Sanders. I'm skeptical if US Senator Elizabeth Warren could beat US President Donald Trump in the US Presidential General Election Debates.

Vice President Joseph Biden is kinda a lesser version of US Senator Kamala Harris.

* The US and the Democratic Party have 'moved left' since 2016 C.E. Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi are no longer 'Progressive'. Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are 'Progressive'.

Medicare For All and free public college (for useful degrees) is simply sensible.

KingOfCretins

I should have wrote: Regarding law [AND POLITICS], you are either very misinformed and/or uninformed or you are being disingenuous when you say that a State Governor and that a Secretary of State for a State has no power over the elections within that State.

[I have] as much [political power and political influence] as anyone, I suppose.
    You mean the average voter? Or do you not understand that some people have more political power and political influence than others.
    Last edited by MikeB; 06-05-19 at 08:47 PM.