Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.02 She's Ruining Everything

Thanks

Is it just me, or does Siobhan looks pregnant in that first flashback?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Is it just me, or does Siobhan looks pregnant in that first flashback?

No , it`s not only you . I also thinks that she looks pregnant in this flashback. Still, we have a hint that she has / had a little child - Sean . May be she was pregnant with him then.
    maked by plamivasi

Thanks
    Thanked 3,950 Times in 1,856 Posts

Actually, Siobhan could be pretty hard up for money. For one thing, the account was closed. By "her", no less. There's nothing to transfer money into. She'd need to fill out a new signature card for a new account and so on -- any of which would create a record of Siobhan being at whatever branch where she filled it out. Even if she applied for a signature loan, that too would be identified within the bank with whom and where it was carried out. She's got a legitimate problem; she can't conveniently steal her identity back.

I mean, the gist seems clear enough -- for Siobhan to disappear the way she wants, Bridget needed to die in her identity. But Bridget has thus far not only thwarted that, she basically demolished Siobhan's plans to provide for herself. The mystery isn't what Siobhan is trying to accomplish as much as why. I don't actually think she "wants Bridget dead" in any malicious, personal sense. She just thinks Bridget is worthless enough that her only useful purpose is to give Siobhan a 1-up.

Bridget, of course, is not thinking all that clearly because she's even attempting this for longer than a day or so. Worse, she's clearly under the delusion that she can fall in love with "her" husband, win him back from the homewrecking business partner, and become a proper stepmother to herse-- to Juliet.

I kinda keep hoping for some sign that Machato has got a clue. So far, there's nothing about the case he's trying to get Bridget to testify in that makes me care all that much about him.

Ditto Malcolm -- I really didn't get the impression that he even realizes he was about to be murdered by the men in the SUV.

Still, the second episode was a big step up from the first episode -- the series seems to be finding itself.

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

I wonder why Sibhoan went evil-y in the first place :O Maybe there`ll be an explanation for that. Didn`t Bridget kill someone though by accident? Maybe it was Sibhoan`s kid. That would explain the need for forgiveness.

Sibhoan is a bitca and she needs to stop trying to murder her sister.
    Member of the BuffyForums Welcoming Commitee

Click my DragonCave eggs please! http://dragcave.net/user/Arya_the_elven_lady

Copy the to your sig!

Thanks

Watched the first two episodes.

1) I was immencely pleased that by ep.2 Sarah invited people from BtVS team - Cynthia Bergstrom as costume designer, Todd MacIntosh as head of make-up department.

I think it shows onscreen. Sahar looks much better in the second ep.

2) So far, the story is hilariously improbable and very corny. For some reason I expected it to be more noir, less soapy. Yet they manage to pull off several very tense moments, and the homage to Hitch****'s "Rope" is well-done.

3) I didn't think I'd enjoy simply watching Sarah so much. She literally lights the screen. Maybe it's pure fangirling, but I realised that I can watch her reading a phone book and I'll be happy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moscow Watcher View Post
    I didn't think I'd enjoy simply watching Sarah so much. She literally lights the screen. Maybe it's pure fangirling, but I realised that I can watch her reading a phone book and I'll be happy.
    Yep, same here. That is why I suspect I'll keep with this show, even if it drowns in its own cheese.

About Sarah's looks in the second ep vs. the first one..interesting. I hadn't so much pinpointed that there was a definite improvement, except that when I think back, in the pilot the thought "She for sure looks older these days" crossed my mind, but in the second epi, especially at the dinner thing, I thought "Wow! Gorgeous!" Interesting to know what better makeup and clothes can do!
    Last edited by BloodyHell; 23-09-11 at 10:34 PM.
    I have loved you. - Ser Jorah Mormont

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHell View Post
    Yep, same here. That is why I suspect I'll keep with this show, even if it drowns in its own cheese.

About Sarah's looks in the second ep vs. the first one..interesting. I hadn't so much pinpointed that there was a definite improvement, except that when I think back, in the pilot the thought "She for sure looks older these days" crossed my mind, but in the second epi, especially at the dinner thing, I thought "Wow! Gorgeous!" Interesting to know what better makeup and clothes can do!

I like her too in the party . She really reminds me to Buffy in S 4 . May be ,again , because of the hair. And if you consider , that after BTVS S7 are pass more than 8 years , I don`t think that she looks like so much older. Let`s get our own pic before 8 years ago and see the difference.
    Last edited by _Buffy_; 24-09-11 at 10:27 AM.
    maked by plamivasi

Thanks

"I didn't think I'd enjoy simply watching Sarah so much. She literally lights the screen. Maybe it's pure fangirling, but I realised that I can watch her reading a phone book and I'll be happy."

I totally agree SMG has the best acting skills I`ve seen in my looong life
    Member of the BuffyForums Welcoming Commitee

Click my DragonCave eggs please! http://dragcave.net/user/Arya_the_elven_lady

Copy the to your sig!

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _Buffy_ View Post
    I like her too in the party . She really reminds me to Buffy in S 4 . May be ,again , because of the hair. And if you consider , that after BTVS S7 are pass more than 8 years , I don`t think that she looks like so much older. Let`s get our own pic before 8 years ago and see the difference.
    I think she does look older but she's still as gorgeous as ever was and I think she looked fabulous in the party scenes. Some women do get better as they get older but SMG doesn't really need to get better, she's lovely as she is!

Thanks

I'm really liking this show as well. It's an interesting premise but I was honestly thinking it was going to be different; for one I had this idea that Siobhan was going to be some secret badass spy or something o_O... guess that's not happening..

But it's def a cool show, the cast is brilliant, and hopefully the ratings pick up so it last a long time!

Thanks

In the first episode, it is implied that Bridget had something to do with Seanīs (Siobhanīs son) death. Accidental, of course!

I gotta say one thing: I think Bridget is being a bit foolish calling Malcolm. I mean, she must know that the FBI and the man after her (canīt remember the name) is tracking him as well because they know he is her sponsor. If he is caught by the wrong people, he can be tortured into telling her location.
    I just feel thatīs a foolish move.

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffyholic View Post
    In the first episode, it is implied that Bridget had something to do with Seanīs (Siobhanīs son) death. Accidental, of course!

I gotta say one thing: I think Bridget is being a bit foolish calling Malcolm. I mean, she must know that the FBI and the man after her (canīt remember the name) is tracking him as well because they know he is her sponsor. If he is caught by the wrong people, he can be tortured into telling her location.
    I just feel thatīs a foolish move.
    I know people moan at me for not keeping thoughts in the story itself but from a writer's point of view, Bridget has to have an outlet for her feelings so it can be explained to the viewer her reactions to certain situations, her intentions and most of all how she's feeling. Otherwise we'd all be a bit perplexed as to her motives and actions sometimes.

Saying that, though, it does seem silly she talks to someone connected to her life as Bridget, it's inviting trouble really. Maybe a more neutral character could have been created unconnected to both worlds where she could talk to someone about her situation.