Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Xander's Role in S9

Thanks
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koos View Post
    I rather saw Xander/Renee. With Renee being a Slayer I would have been certain that Xander would stay in the fight. Hell, could even get interesting if Renee also felt that Buffy had betrayed them and hated her for while Xander still wants to be friends with Buffy. Dawn can be a pain in Buffy's ass but she will be always be on her side.
    God, that's a great storyline! I wish Renee didn't die.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger_fan View Post
    Maybe so, but I would rather have that kind of answer than not ask the question at all. It seemed like in the last Q&A that Allie was a bit surprised to see so many Xander questions, so it would be great to show him that fans are interested in seeing something for him. It would be nice to keep the fact that people are asking and interested in hearing a story about him in his mind. Does that make any sense? I may not be explaining it well.
    I understand what you mean very well and it's exactly what I want. Even if we don't get the answers we want, at least we'll be making it clear that there are a lot of readers who are interested in Xander and want to see him as a big part of the storyline and not just Supportive Character.

Yes, I totally agree. It is very disappointed that we don't get to see him go through the emotions of these things.
    How about this question: Xander has always been good at hiding his pain and suffering from his friends and yet be there for them when they crumble. I wonder after everything that happened to him in the last few years from losing an eye, to losing Anya, to losing his hometown, to losing Renee, to losing the castle, to watching Buffy betray them with Angel, and then to watching Giles be killed right in front of him. Keeping all that bottled up inside him without letting it out nor having his friends comfort him will only lead to him exploding. Is it possible that we're going to see Xander break under all that pain?

If you guys can rephrase it to be better said or shorter, that would be awesome!

Heck, they can even have Spike be the first one to notice since he usually better at spotting the scoob's pain because he has the advantage of being a step back than they are to each other. Plus, I'm sure Spike knows a little of how rough Xander has it being the normal one after all that time they lived together. I'm sure Spike saw how the fight affected him physically when everything was over and every room else went home.
    SPANDER!!!! Yes, please!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll ask something about Xander art. Like, The Xander fans are eager to see his role in S9. Can you tell us if you had any interesting or exciting scenes for Xander to draw?
    Awesome question for Jeanty! You better ask it!
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    SPANDER!!!! Yes, please!!!!!!!
    Not that I'm much for Spander (more for spandex), as you can see by my avatar. But this, S9, is the best moment for a solid Xander/Spike arcline and bonding.

Thanks

Not that I'm much for Spander (more for spandex), as you can see by my avatar. But this, S9, is the best moment for a solid Xander/Spike arcline and bonding.
    I know! There are so many possibilities and ways to have a great Xander/Spike bonding and friendship. I actually wish to have more friendships this season. Xander/Spike, Willow's new girlfriend/Dawn, Willow/Steven and so on. Since S4, the show became more about romantic relationships and less about friendships. Spike/Dawn was probably the only great friendship until they stopped writing the characters together in S6, and then it was just Buffy/love potential, Xander/love potential, Willow/love potential. I wanna see those love potentials becoming friends with the main three characters.
    Made by Trickyboxes

Thanks

I agree about the friendships. The older you get the more important you realize true friendship is. As Koos has said, Xander and Spike have spent a lot of time together; I bet Xander suspects just who Spike was before he got turned.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,957 Times in 5,386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reddygirl View Post
    I agree about the friendships. The older you get the more important you realize true friendship is. As Koos has said, Xander and Spike have spent a lot of time together; I bet Xander suspects just who Spike was before he got turned.
    As long as we aren't talking romance, I'm all for Spike's dynamics with other characters being explored and Xander would be a good one to do this with. I have always felt that Spike has tended to see Xander as a boy, and often referred to him as that, now that time has moved on and Xander has developed I think that Spike could probably come to start with a grudging respect for Xander which becomes more of a friendship along the season. I agree that Xander would probably get 'William' so there is scope for their inner nerds to get on! I also think that Spike's protective feelings towards Dawn could add an interesting element to his initial interactions with Xander, whilst Xander accepts Spike more as a reoccurring/constant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I have always felt that Spike has tended to see Xander as a boy, and often referred to him as that, now that time has moved on and Xander has developed I think that Spike could probably come to start with a grudging respect for Xander which becomes more of a friendship along the season.
    Spike reaction to Xander's question how Spike knows all of this (the Seed and what the demons want), Spike answered:
    Three words, little man. I specal Fyarl.

Spike's still insulting (no problem to me, but still a habit he's used to wrt Xander), but he's also witholding info. It doesn't sound respectful to me.

A lot is still needed to make a friendship work.

I agree that Xander would probably get 'William' so there is scope for their inner nerds to get on! I also think that Spike's protective feelings towards Dawn could add an interesting element to his initial interactions with Xander, whilst Xander accepts Spike more as a reoccurring/constant.
    I don't think it's a good idea to make it work through Dawn. Rather through Buffy. The best would then be that Xander and Spike fight together to stop this Severus from harming Buffy (for that Severus needs to have a second agenda of course).

Xander and Spike forced to work together is the only way it would work IMO.

Thanks

Spike reaction to Xander's question how Spike knows all of this (the Seed and what the demons want), Spike answered:
    Three words, little man. I specal Fyarl... It doesn't sound respectful to me.
    Ha, no, they sure aren't there yet! I was talking in a future sense and certainly not as a definite.

I don't think it's a good idea to make it work through Dawn. Rather through Buffy... Xander and Spike forced to work together is the only way it would work IMO.
    I think a development through them working together that doesn't depend on a third person is more realistic. My meaning re: Dawn is more that I think Spike will have an opinion/reaction to Xander and Dawn being together. Whether this is ever even covered I don't know but it could effect how their dynamic changes, without her being directly involved between them.

Thanks

You know, this is an interesting idea for a question: Are we going to get Spike's thoughts and feelings about Xander/Dawn seeing as he used to be so protective of Dawn and probably still dislikes and disrespects Xander?
    Made by Trickyboxes

Thanks

You know, this is an interesting idea for a question: Are we going to get Spike's thoughts and feelings about Xander/Dawn seeing as he used to be so protective of Dawn and probably still dislikes and disrespects Xander?
    Exactly, it is probably one of the most interesting points to initially be covered between Spike and Xander for me. Even if it is a non-issue that would show a change in Spike's ambivalence towards Xander that would be interesting in itself.

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

I don't really see that. By the end of Season 7 I think they had made their peace. Anyway, I think the hostility went from Xander to Spike way more than Spike to Xander from Season 6 on.

But yeah, sensibly Spike would have some protective feelings about Dawn, but I doubt if we will see it in the comic. I would like to see a reconciliation between the two, it was a very important relationship in my opinion, but I am not optimistic.

Thanks

I don't think Spike dislikes and disrespects Xander at all. I know there is a haze surrounding the canon status of Lynch's last Spike comics but in those it does sound as if Spike has affection for Xander.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,901 Times in 1,841 Posts

I think Xander and Spike are Alaric Saltzman and Damon Salvatore, in their context. I don't think they ever have or ever really will "like" each other, but "like" and get along with are different animals completely.

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

I pretty much believe that Spike doesn't care much about Xander to even consider if he respects him or not. Xander may have a lot of issues with Spike, but at least he sees Spike. I'm not sure Spike sees Xander at all.
    Made by Trickyboxes

Thanks
    Thanked 3,901 Times in 1,841 Posts

I pretty much believe that Spike doesn't care much about Xander to even consider if he respects him or not. Xander may have a lot of issues with Spike, but at least he sees Spike. I'm not sure Spike sees Xander at all.
    As a Xander fan, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I really don't think it would bother Xander in the slightest. He's not gonna miss a single night of sleep in his fictional life wondering why Spike doesn't like or respect him.

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

This is how it has always seemed to me too. It would be good to see them move beyond this though, fitting in with the theme of finding more of a place in an adult Buffyverse which is why I think that Spike finding some grudging respect for Xander and the way he handles himself now combined with Xander accepting Spike more would be progress for them both.

Thanks

This is how it has always seemed to me too. It would be good to see them move beyond this though, fitting in with the theme of finding more of a place in an adult Buffyverse which is why I think that Spike finding some grudging respect for Xander and the way he handles himself now combined with Xander accepting Spike more would be progress for them both.
    I'd really love to see that. See Spike and Xander put in a situation in which they can see the best of the other and grow to respect each other, even if they won't like one another - at first - that would be refreshing to read about. I miss Xander interacting with characters he doesn't like, I love the snarky side of him that disappeared since mid S7.
    Made by Trickyboxes

Thanks

Ha, no, they sure aren't there yet! I was talking in a future sense and certainly not as a definite. :
    Just to make sure.

I think a development through them working together that doesn't depend on a third person is more realistic.
    Agreed. But I think at the moment it would be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddygirl View Post
    I don't think Spike dislikes and disrespects Xander at all. I know there is a haze surrounding the canon status of Lynch's last Spike comics but in those it does sound as if Spike has affection for Xander.
    Yeah, no matter how much torture they would put on Spike it never will be as bad as him having to stay with Xander

Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    As a Xander fan, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I really don't think it would bother Xander in the slightest. He's not gonna miss a single night of sleep in his fictional life wondering why Spike doesn't like or respect him.
    I don't think it isn't important at the moment either. But I do think it would be good to the show and S9 if they would develop a friendship. Because they both have big roles in S9 (which we have been told). And the whole hatred thing between them we have seen now more than enough. Besides, it would give them both an arcline in addition to what they already would get anyway.

Evil Twin
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    I'd be bothered if they actually became friends. I don't get why everyone has to like Spike or its some great travesty. The guy acts like a pompous jerk half the time and people like that in real life are gonna rub some the wrong way. Plus, if they're gonna shove more Spuffy down our throat(cause 3 seasons just wasn't enough), I'd at least like there to be someone who isn't okay with it and at least makes things difficult for her.
    “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Thanks

I don't think it isn't important at the moment either. But I do think it would be good to the show and S9 if they would develop a friendship. Because they both have big roles in S9 (which we have been told). And the whole hatred thing between them we have seen now more than enough. Besides, it would give them both an arcline in addition to what they already would get anyway.
    I agree. Enough with the hate, time to embrace the love. I'm all for a long arc about how Xander and Spike become reluctant "best" friends.
    Made by Trickyboxes

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 Times in 611 Posts

I agree. Enough with the hate, time to embrace the love. I'm all for a long arc about how Xander and Spike become reluctant "best" friends.
    Or even better how about 'shag buddies? I'd go with that one.