Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1001

Thread: Xander's Role in S9

  1. #21
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,193
    Thanks
    2,006
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koos View Post
    I rather saw Xander/Renee. With Renee being a Slayer I would have been certain that Xander would stay in the fight. Hell, could even get interesting if Renee also felt that Buffy had betrayed them and hated her for while Xander still wants to be friends with Buffy. Dawn can be a pain in Buffy's ass but she will be always be on her side.
    God, that's a great storyline! I wish Renee didn't die.


    Quote Originally Posted by tiger_fan View Post
    Maybe so, but I would rather have that kind of answer than not ask the question at all. It seemed like in the last Q&A that Allie was a bit surprised to see so many Xander questions, so it would be great to show him that fans are interested in seeing something for him. It would be nice to keep the fact that people are asking and interested in hearing a story about him in his mind. Does that make any sense? I may not be explaining it well.
    I understand what you mean very well and it's exactly what I want. Even if we don't get the answers we want, at least we'll be making it clear that there are a lot of readers who are interested in Xander and want to see him as a big part of the storyline and not just Supportive Character.


    Quote Originally Posted by tiger_fan View Post
    Yes, I totally agree. It is very disappointed that we don't get to see him go through the emotions of these things.
    How about this question: Xander has always been good at hiding his pain and suffering from his friends and yet be there for them when they crumble. I wonder after everything that happened to him in the last few years from losing an eye, to losing Anya, to losing his hometown, to losing Renee, to losing the castle, to watching Buffy betray them with Angel, and then to watching Giles be killed right in front of him. Keeping all that bottled up inside him without letting it out nor having his friends comfort him will only lead to him exploding. Is it possible that we're going to see Xander break under all that pain?

    If you guys can rephrase it to be better said or shorter, that would be awesome!


    Quote Originally Posted by tiger_fan View Post
    Heck, they can even have Spike be the first one to notice since he usually better at spotting the scoob's pain because he has the advantage of being a step back than they are to each other. Plus, I'm sure Spike knows a little of how rough Xander has it being the normal one after all that time they lived together. I'm sure Spike saw how the fight affected him physically when everything was over and every room else went home.
    SPANDER!!!! Yes, please!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by tiger_fan View Post
    Maybe I'll ask something about Xander art. Like, The Xander fans are eager to see his role in S9. Can you tell us if you had any interesting or exciting scenes for Xander to draw?
    Awesome question for Jeanty! You better ask it!
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  2. #22
    Slayer Koos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 70 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    SPANDER!!!! Yes, please!!!!!!!
    Not that I'm much for Spander (more for spandex), as you can see by my avatar. But this, S9, is the best moment for a solid Xander/Spike arcline and bonding.

  3. #23
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,193
    Thanks
    2,006
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koos View Post
    Not that I'm much for Spander (more for spandex), as you can see by my avatar. But this, S9, is the best moment for a solid Xander/Spike arcline and bonding.
    I know! There are so many possibilities and ways to have a great Xander/Spike bonding and friendship. I actually wish to have more friendships this season. Xander/Spike, Willow's new girlfriend/Dawn, Willow/Steven and so on. Since S4, the show became more about romantic relationships and less about friendships. Spike/Dawn was probably the only great friendship until they stopped writing the characters together in S6, and then it was just Buffy/love potential, Xander/love potential, Willow/love potential. I wanna see those love potentials becoming friends with the main three characters.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  4. #24
    Slayer Reddygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks
    3,009
    Thanked 850 Times in 322 Posts

    Default

    I agree about the friendships. The older you get the more important you realize true friendship is. As Koos has said, Xander and Spike have spent a lot of time together; I bet Xander suspects just who Spike was before he got turned.

  5. #25
    Well Spiked Stoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    8,042
    Thanks
    10,940
    Thanked 12,957 Times in 5,386 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reddygirl View Post
    I agree about the friendships. The older you get the more important you realize true friendship is. As Koos has said, Xander and Spike have spent a lot of time together; I bet Xander suspects just who Spike was before he got turned.
    As long as we aren't talking romance, I'm all for Spike's dynamics with other characters being explored and Xander would be a good one to do this with. I have always felt that Spike has tended to see Xander as a boy, and often referred to him as that, now that time has moved on and Xander has developed I think that Spike could probably come to start with a grudging respect for Xander which becomes more of a friendship along the season. I agree that Xander would probably get 'William' so there is scope for their inner nerds to get on! I also think that Spike's protective feelings towards Dawn could add an interesting element to his initial interactions with Xander, whilst Xander accepts Spike more as a reoccurring/constant.

  6. #26
    Slayer Koos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 70 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I have always felt that Spike has tended to see Xander as a boy, and often referred to him as that, now that time has moved on and Xander has developed I think that Spike could probably come to start with a grudging respect for Xander which becomes more of a friendship along the season.
    Spike reaction to Xander's question how Spike knows all of this (the Seed and what the demons want), Spike answered:
    Three words, little man. I specal Fyarl.

    Spike's still insulting (no problem to me, but still a habit he's used to wrt Xander), but he's also witholding info. It doesn't sound respectful to me.

    A lot is still needed to make a friendship work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I agree that Xander would probably get 'William' so there is scope for their inner nerds to get on! I also think that Spike's protective feelings towards Dawn could add an interesting element to his initial interactions with Xander, whilst Xander accepts Spike more as a reoccurring/constant.
    I don't think it's a good idea to make it work through Dawn. Rather through Buffy. The best would then be that Xander and Spike fight together to stop this Severus from harming Buffy (for that Severus needs to have a second agenda of course).

    Xander and Spike forced to work together is the only way it would work IMO.

  7. #27
    Well Spiked Stoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    8,042
    Thanks
    10,940
    Thanked 12,957 Times in 5,386 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koos View Post
    Spike reaction to Xander's question how Spike knows all of this (the Seed and what the demons want), Spike answered:
    Three words, little man. I specal Fyarl... It doesn't sound respectful to me.
    Ha, no, they sure aren't there yet! I was talking in a future sense and certainly not as a definite.

    I don't think it's a good idea to make it work through Dawn. Rather through Buffy... Xander and Spike forced to work together is the only way it would work IMO.
    I think a development through them working together that doesn't depend on a third person is more realistic. My meaning re: Dawn is more that I think Spike will have an opinion/reaction to Xander and Dawn being together. Whether this is ever even covered I don't know but it could effect how their dynamic changes, without her being directly involved between them.

  8. #28
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,193
    Thanks
    2,006
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,133 Posts

    Default

    You know, this is an interesting idea for a question: Are we going to get Spike's thoughts and feelings about Xander/Dawn seeing as he used to be so protective of Dawn and probably still dislikes and disrespects Xander?
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  9. #29
    Well Spiked Stoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    8,042
    Thanks
    10,940
    Thanked 12,957 Times in 5,386 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    You know, this is an interesting idea for a question: Are we going to get Spike's thoughts and feelings about Xander/Dawn seeing as he used to be so protective of Dawn and probably still dislikes and disrespects Xander?
    Exactly, it is probably one of the most interesting points to initially be covered between Spike and Xander for me. Even if it is a non-issue that would show a change in Spike's ambivalence towards Xander that would be interesting in itself.

  10. #30
    Graveyard Patrol
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    333
    Thanks
    189
    Thanked 354 Times in 133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    You know, this is an interesting idea for a question: Are we going to get Spike's thoughts and feelings about Xander/Dawn seeing as he used to be so protective of Dawn and probably still dislikes and disrespects Xander?
    I don't really see that. By the end of Season 7 I think they had made their peace. Anyway, I think the hostility went from Xander to Spike way more than Spike to Xander from Season 6 on.

    But yeah, sensibly Spike would have some protective feelings about Dawn, but I doubt if we will see it in the comic. I would like to see a reconciliation between the two, it was a very important relationship in my opinion, but I am not optimistic.

  11. #31
    Slayer Reddygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks
    3,009
    Thanked 850 Times in 322 Posts

    Default

    I don't think Spike dislikes and disrespects Xander at all. I know there is a haze surrounding the canon status of Lynch's last Spike comics but in those it does sound as if Spike has affection for Xander.

  12. #32
    What? KingofCretins's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Big Honkin' Castle
    Posts
    13,712
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 3,901 Times in 1,841 Posts

    Default

    I think Xander and Spike are Alaric Saltzman and Damon Salvatore, in their context. I don't think they ever have or ever really will "like" each other, but "like" and get along with are different animals completely.

    Banner by LRae12

  13. #33
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,193
    Thanks
    2,006
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,133 Posts

    Default

    I pretty much believe that Spike doesn't care much about Xander to even consider if he respects him or not. Xander may have a lot of issues with Spike, but at least he sees Spike. I'm not sure Spike sees Xander at all.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  14. #34
    What? KingofCretins's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Big Honkin' Castle
    Posts
    13,712
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 3,901 Times in 1,841 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    I pretty much believe that Spike doesn't care much about Xander to even consider if he respects him or not. Xander may have a lot of issues with Spike, but at least he sees Spike. I'm not sure Spike sees Xander at all.
    As a Xander fan, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I really don't think it would bother Xander in the slightest. He's not gonna miss a single night of sleep in his fictional life wondering why Spike doesn't like or respect him.

    Banner by LRae12

  15. #35
    Well Spiked Stoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    8,042
    Thanks
    10,940
    Thanked 12,957 Times in 5,386 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    I pretty much believe that Spike doesn't care much about Xander to even consider if he respects him or not. Xander may have a lot of issues with Spike, but at least he sees Spike. I'm not sure Spike sees Xander at all.
    This is how it has always seemed to me too. It would be good to see them move beyond this though, fitting in with the theme of finding more of a place in an adult Buffyverse which is why I think that Spike finding some grudging respect for Xander and the way he handles himself now combined with Xander accepting Spike more would be progress for them both.

  16. #36
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,193
    Thanks
    2,006
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    This is how it has always seemed to me too. It would be good to see them move beyond this though, fitting in with the theme of finding more of a place in an adult Buffyverse which is why I think that Spike finding some grudging respect for Xander and the way he handles himself now combined with Xander accepting Spike more would be progress for them both.
    I'd really love to see that. See Spike and Xander put in a situation in which they can see the best of the other and grow to respect each other, even if they won't like one another - at first - that would be refreshing to read about. I miss Xander interacting with characters he doesn't like, I love the snarky side of him that disappeared since mid S7.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  17. #37
    Slayer Koos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 70 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Ha, no, they sure aren't there yet! I was talking in a future sense and certainly not as a definite. :
    Just to make sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I think a development through them working together that doesn't depend on a third person is more realistic.
    Agreed. But I think at the moment it would be impossible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reddygirl View Post
    I don't think Spike dislikes and disrespects Xander at all. I know there is a haze surrounding the canon status of Lynch's last Spike comics but in those it does sound as if Spike has affection for Xander.
    Yeah, no matter how much torture they would put on Spike it never will be as bad as him having to stay with Xander

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    As a Xander fan, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I really don't think it would bother Xander in the slightest. He's not gonna miss a single night of sleep in his fictional life wondering why Spike doesn't like or respect him.
    I don't think it isn't important at the moment either. But I do think it would be good to the show and S9 if they would develop a friendship. Because they both have big roles in S9 (which we have been told). And the whole hatred thing between them we have seen now more than enough. Besides, it would give them both an arcline in addition to what they already would get anyway.

  18. #38
    Evil Twin
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,965
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 259 Times in 189 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    As a Xander fan, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I really don't think it would bother Xander in the slightest. He's not gonna miss a single night of sleep in his fictional life wondering why Spike doesn't like or respect him.
    I'd be bothered if they actually became friends. I don't get why everyone has to like Spike or its some great travesty. The guy acts like a pompous jerk half the time and people like that in real life are gonna rub some the wrong way. Plus, if they're gonna shove more Spuffy down our throat(cause 3 seasons just wasn't enough), I'd at least like there to be someone who isn't okay with it and at least makes things difficult for her.
    “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

  19. #39
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,193
    Thanks
    2,006
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koos View Post
    I don't think it isn't important at the moment either. But I do think it would be good to the show and S9 if they would develop a friendship. Because they both have big roles in S9 (which we have been told). And the whole hatred thing between them we have seen now more than enough. Besides, it would give them both an arcline in addition to what they already would get anyway.
    I agree. Enough with the hate, time to embrace the love. I'm all for a long arc about how Xander and Spike become reluctant "best" friends.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    6,996
    Thanks
    1,733
    Thanked 1,147 Times in 611 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    I agree. Enough with the hate, time to embrace the love. I'm all for a long arc about how Xander and Spike become reluctant "best" friends.
    Or even better how about 'shag buddies? I'd go with that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •