Thread: UK Riots.

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Default UK Riots.

Hey guys, just would like to say that i hope everyone in England is safe, and keeping away from the violence.

Thanks

Hey, late reply but nice to see you showed concern! I live in the borough of Lewisham which was heavily hit by the riots, and the whole mess really got me down, more upset than angry. Mainly because I'm not surprised by what happened, as there has been a rapid decline in society in England so it was only a matter of time. I was more upset that somewhere I live could turn into a warzone like that basically. I was too scared to even leave my house for days.

I'm glad to see justice is being served.
    .Forever, That's The Whole Point...

Thanks

Im glad you´re okay and wasnt too personally affected by all the mess! (meaning no material harm, I can imagine that it must´ve been terrible, I got chills just from watching it on tv )
    Im Czech and never been to England myself but my bf is english and actually lived in Tottenham before moving to Prague, so we were watching the news every single hour just to see what the situation was like and I have to say that even for me it was quite horrible to see all the violance and people who couldnt do anything to stop it. What is utterly beyond my mind is what must be the mentality of people to do such things, to just start blindly robbing not only shops (even a betting place though?? wth is that about?) but even innocent bystanders and people trying to get to their homes. Setting family bussiness and even houses on fire, looting and what was also incredibly astonishing is the shot of a young girl stealing some sneakers and later coming back to the shop because she´d gotten the wrong size

All Im hoping for now is that the people responsible will get their sentences as they should - ridiculous punishments like 2 days in jail, one of which doesnt count because they´d already spent that much time there waiting for their sentence are just something that goes against the whole idea of punishment. People need to see that such behaviour is not and will not be tolerated and maybe next time they´ll think twice about getting involved in something like this.
    In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

Thanks

I believe a fair few have gone down for 6 months, or at least I hope that's true anyway. It's going to take this country a while to move on from this mess, and it's tragic.

Thanks btw
    .Forever, That's The Whole Point...

Thanks

I heard about it and hoped everyone was alright. I can't beleive that those took place. I visited in April and eveyone I talked to was so nice!! I hope everyone who was involved is held accountable. I heard that the only shop that wasn't hit was the book shops!!! I couldn't believe that!! That would be the first place I would steal from, not that I would!
    If You fall off the stage legs extended and boobs up
    -Burlesque Tess(Cher)