Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 3,021 to 3,029 of 3029

Thread: Spuffy in Season 9

Thanks
    Thanked 13,218 Times in 5,497 Posts

I thought they had always said that he would return. Didn't Allie do an interview around the beginning of Willow's mini saying she would go back to the title straight after her mini but Spike would go elsewhere first.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,623 Posts

Spike is in A&F now. There is a solicitation out for the next comic- him, Faith and Angel and the Archie thing.

I have a hunch that the next Buffy arc, The Core, will be heavy on Buffy/Xander/Willow per its solicitation and I bet Dawn, Billy and Dowling will also feature. I don't think Spike will be in that arc- at least the first few issues. But he'll be in the next one. IMO, just in time for the final arc.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 678 Posts

I knew he had an A&F arc, but don't remember having read anything confirming any return to the Buffy title by the end of the 'season'. How many issues are left in 9?
    Last edited by shipperx; 20-02-13 at 03:53 AM.
    Learning Experience: "...one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.
    ~Douglas Adams

Thanks
    Thanked 3,914 Times in 1,846 Posts

His return to Season 9 is a foregone conclusion. By comparison, more likely than his appearance in Season 8 ever was. Most of this season has been an ongoing exercise in Spike-exposure. Second lead of the main title for the first 10-11 issues... then his own miniseries... now an extended guest appearance on "Angel and Faith". In terms of a publisher following its commercial instincts, Dark Horse has clearly placed the bet that more Spike = more $$$.

Besides, when all this mishigas with the Seed replacement and Severin and such results in Spock going through a wormhole and getting Kirk's dad killed and we are *poof* back to Buffy getting called in Season 0 and never having heard of any vampires, souled or otherwise, they won't want to have had not had one more big emotional moment between them.

Just kidding. Maybe.

Banner by LRae12

Thanks
    Thanked 4,117 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shipperx View Post
    I knew he had an A&F arc, but don't remember having read anything confirming any return to the Buffy title by the end of the 'season'. How many issues are left in 9?
    There are 7 issues remaining.

March #19 which wraps up this arc.
    April #20 which is all about Xander
    May #21 either the first or second issue in "The Core"

I'd bet large sums of money that Spike will be back.

(1) It's been set up in the text that Spike will be heading back to SF (and Buffy).

(2) In the letter column of the last Willow issue Allie said he knows where they plan to leave things with Spike and Buffy in season 9, but they don't know what they'll do in season 10.

(3) They've name dropped Spike just enough in season 9 to make it clear that it's unfinished business.

(4) His departure panel has Buffy pretty much saying it's unfinished business.

(5) The end has everyone gathering back together, and given Spike's large role at the beginning of the season, that has to include him.

From the looks of it, they're saving him to be the last one gathered back.

What they'll do with him is an open question.

"I don't want to be this good-looking and athletic. We all have crosses to bear." Banner Credit: Vampmogs

Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 678 Posts

I've been confused by your continued comparisons to Trek. I don't see the correlation.

For one thing Trek isn't a reset, it's an alternative timeline. Everything that happened in the original verse happened. The reboot Trek is an alternative timeline from the moment that the Romulan ship came over. If it were literally reset rather than an alternative timeline, older Spock would have blinked out of existence like Walter (and earlier Peter) Bishop on Fringe. (And the writers realize this distinction because a couple of the writers of Fringe were script-writers for Trek).

Secondly, Trek had to be rebooted. It has to do with the ages of the stars of TOS and TNG and the failures of Enterprise and Voyager. To be brutally honest, Deforest Kelly and James Doohan are dead and everyone else is far, far, FAR outside the target demographics for action movies (even Bruce Willis is a couple of decades younger... and still breathing.). If BtVS ever finds its way to TV or a movie, I fully expect they'll have to do much the same thing with BtVS characters, but none of this is an issue with a comic book (where Jeanty already has the propensity of drawing Buffy like she's 13.)

But, who knows what they'll do. I also thought a pregnancy plot while Buffy was in 'free fall' and coming off of questionable consent would be a bad idea. They did that. {shrug}

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
    (2) In the letter column of the last Willow issue Allie said he knows where they plan to leave things with Spike and Buffy in season 9, but they don't know what they'll do in season 10.
    Can't say that any of that inspires optimism. If the intention was to inspire me to hold out any hope on this score, having Spike depart and worry over his feelings for Buffy for five issues while Buffy barely mentioned his name twice wasn't the way to do it.
    Last edited by shipperx; 20-02-13 at 05:11 AM.
    Learning Experience: "...one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.
    ~Douglas Adams

Evil Twin
    Thanks

Enterprise may have failed but Voyager was not a failure by any means. The show was on the air for 7 seasons, as long as any other Trek.

Sorry for being OT.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. -- Albert Einstein

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Lol! Imagine Angel seeing Spike with Buffy's and his child.
    *falls from chair*

Thanks