Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess the Song - Jumbo Size

Thanks

D
    1. "Hey, baby, I ain't asking much of you. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, baby..."

A Big Hunk o' Love by Elvis Presley. "Don't be a stingy little mama. You're 'bout to starve me half to death..." I can hear the Jordanaires from here. And the Stamps.

10. "What would you do if I sang out of tune?"

With a Little Help from My Friends by The Beatles or the very famous cover by Joe Cоcker (which I prefer)--popularized by its use as The Wonder Years' theme song. A great SNL parody of his spastic stage presence was done by John Belushi in 1975 with this song (and later they did a duet of a different song).
    Last edited by NileQT87; 19-04-11 at 02:32 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Thanks

It is indeed I think you now have a song to add to the list, Nile

So the new list is in the spoilers (With C2 and C4 taken out if you want to change them, TimeTravellingBunny )

Spoiler:
    A
    1. I could feel it from the start, couldn't stand to be apart.
    2. At my door the leaves are falling, a cold wild wind will come
    8. Despair to the point till they provoke, the punchline before they have told the joke
    10. As the *song title* litters London with lonely hearts...

B
    1. "It's a [song title], so throw out the past and everything in it..."
    4. "We're [song title], [song] gay [title], they say we are birds of a feather..."
    6. "[song title]. Master of me own destiny. And I hates responsibility. Ah, [song title]..."
    7. "When the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake, spooks come out for a swinging wake..."
    9. "Let me tell you about some friends I know. They're kind of crazy, but you'll dig the show..."
    10. "When Louis came home to the flat, he hung up his coat and his hat. He gazed all around, but no wifey he found. He wondered where Flossie could be at..."
    11. "Come, my love, I'll tell you a tale of a boy and girl and their love story..."
    12. "Out in the West Texas town of [song title], I fell in love with a Mexican girl..."
    13. "Down in Louisiana, where the alligators grow so mean, lived a girl that I swear to the world made the alligators look tame..."
    14. "Each time we have a quarrel, it almost breaks my heart, 'cause I'm so afraid that we will have to part. Each night, I ask the stars up above..."
    15. "Don't look so sad. I know it's over. But life goes on and this old world will keep on turning..."
    16. "Well, hello there. My, it's been a long, long time. How am I doin'? Oh, well, I guess I'm doing fine..."
    17. "Well, I quit my job at the car wash. I left my mama a goodbye note. By sundown, I left Kingston with a guitar under my coat..."
    18. "Up in the morning, I'm out on the job, working like a devil for my pay. Just like [song title], give me nothing to do but roll around Heaven all day..."
    19. "[song title], it's a-gettin' closer, goin' faster than a rollercoaster..."
    20. "They're really rockin' in Boston, in Pittsburgh, PA, deep in the heart of Texas and 'round the Frisco Bay..."

C
    1. You wear guilt like shackles on your feet, like a [song title] in reverse...
    3. It's not the way you lead me by the hand to the bedroom, it's not the way you leave your clothes on the bathroom floor.

D
    3. I want to live by the sea, want to [song title]...
    4. I will not suffer, be broken, get tired or wasted, surrender to nothing...
    7. Got a good reason for taking the easy way out...
    8. I took the polaroid down in my room, I'm pretty sure you have a new girlfriend...
    9. I heard you crying loud all the way across town
    11. Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies...
    12. I'd say that this is the darkest song I ever wrote...
    13. Elope with me in private and we'll sail around the world...

What if I wanted to break?
    Avatar by the amazing Buffylover
    [COLOR="Navy"] This is who I really am
    Member of the Buffyforums Welcoming Committee

Thanks
    Thanked 4,813 Times in 2,273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CliCliR View Post
    It's the first one that Sweet sings in Once More With Feeling, I'm sure... According to the song list it's called Sweet Song
    I know what it is I just don't see it anywhere on the list?
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

Sweet's songs are What You Feel to Dawn and Once More, With Feeling at the very end of the episode.

Since mine are proving hard, here's some help:

1. "It's a [song title], so throw out the past and everything in it..." '70s Disney live-action movie.
    4. "We're [song title], [song] gay [title], they say we are birds of a feather..." '40s Disney "We shout 'Ħay, caramba!' What means 'ay, caramba'? Oh, yes, I don't know."
    6. "[song title]. Master of me own destiny. And I hates responsibility. Ah, [song title]..." 1980 musical based on a cartoon... the song is sung by the father of the main character.
    7. "When the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake, spooks come out for a swinging wake..." Disney (how many Disney songs could this possibly be?). "Welcome, foolish mortals!"
    9. "Let me tell you about some friends I know. They're kind of crazy, but you'll dig the show..." End credits theme song of late '70s comedy... done in a really high falsetto.
    10. "When Louis came home to the flat, he hung up his coat and his hat. He gazed all around, but no wifey he found. He wondered where Flossie could be at..." Judy Garland musical.
    11. "Come, my love, I'll tell you a tale of a boy and girl and their love story..." 1987 fantasy movie... end credits. The singer just recently died.
    Last edited by NileQT87; 19-04-11 at 02:54 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    I know what it is I just don't see it anywhere on the list?
    Oh, right! it was A3 on the list before I took it off

Quote Originally Posted by NileQT87
    Sweet's songs are What You Feel to Dawn and Once More, With Feeling at the very end of the episode.
    Ah! Then it's What You Feel Thanks for that
    What if I wanted to break?
    Avatar by the amazing Buffylover
    [COLOR="Navy"] This is who I really am
    Member of the Buffyforums Welcoming Committee

Thanks

List D
    8. Tire Swing - Kimya Dawson
    9. When I Come Around - Greenday
    11. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - The Beatles (you proud of me? )
    12. Here Comes The Anxiety - The Wombats
    13. Piazza New York Catcher - Belle and Sebastian

I'll add my ones onto the a list again

Spoiler:
    A
    1. I could feel it from the start, couldn't stand to be apart.
    2. At my door the leaves are falling, a cold wild wind will come
    8. Despair to the point till they provoke, the punchline before they have told the joke
    10. As the *song title* litters London with lonely hearts...
    11. Oh, worries are about and heavy on his gut
    12. We have to take our *clothes off*, we have to party all night.
    13. Sometimes tears say all there is to say, and sometimes your first scars won't ever fade away
    14. Well I crossed the river, fell into the sea, where the non-believers, go beyond belief
    15. Is this the real life, is this just fantasy.

B
    1. "It's a [song title], so throw out the past and everything in it..."
    4. "We're [song title], [song] gay [title], they say we are birds of a feather..."
    6. "[song title]. Master of me own destiny. And I hates responsibility. Ah, [song title]..."
    7. "When the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake, spooks come out for a swinging wake..."
    9. "Let me tell you about some friends I know. They're kind of crazy, but you'll dig the show..."
    10. "When Louis came home to the flat, he hung up his coat and his hat. He gazed all around, but no wifey he found. He wondered where Flossie could be at..."
    11. "Come, my love, I'll tell you a tale of a boy and girl and their love story..."
    12. "Out in the West Texas town of [song title], I fell in love with a Mexican girl..."
    13. "Down in Louisiana, where the alligators grow so mean, lived a girl that I swear to the world made the alligators look tame..."
    14. "Each time we have a quarrel, it almost breaks my heart, 'cause I'm so afraid that we will have to part. Each night, I ask the stars up above..."
    15. "Don't look so sad. I know it's over. But life goes on and this old world will keep on turning..."
    16. "Well, hello there. My, it's been a long, long time. How am I doin'? Oh, well, I guess I'm doing fine..."
    17. "Well, I quit my job at the car wash. I left my mama a goodbye note. By sundown, I left Kingston with a guitar under my coat..."
    18. "Up in the morning, I'm out on the job, working like a devil for my pay. Just like [song title], give me nothing to do but roll around Heaven all day..."
    19. "[song title], it's a-gettin' closer, goin' faster than a rollercoaster..."
    20. "They're really rockin' in Boston, in Pittsburgh, PA, deep in the heart of Texas and 'round the Frisco Bay..."

C
    1. You wear guilt like shackles on your feet, like a [song title] in reverse...
    3. It's not the way you lead me by the hand to the bedroom, it's not the way you leave your clothes on the bathroom floor.

D
    3. I want to live by the sea, want to [song title]...
    4. I will not suffer, be broken, get tired or wasted, surrender to nothing...
    7. Got a good reason for taking the easy way out...
    We're kissing the lips of strangers
    We're hugging whoever next we meet
    Oh life, I love you to my bones

Buffy Forums Welcoming Committee.