Thread: Season 4 Spoilers and Speculations

Thanks

Default Season 4 Spoilers and Speculations

Hi all!

So while browsing Facebook today, I came across this teaser for the new season. If you have read the books, it's not really a spoiler. However, if you haven't and don't want to be spoiled, don't click on the link.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/tru...r-waiting.html

At the end it says "this summer". Does anyone know when the season 4 premiere will be?

The fourth book is one of my favourites and I really hope they will do it justice and follow it closely (unlike with season 3).

Here some general spoilers about season 4 from Alan Ball:

Spoiler:
    Access Hollywood asked Mr. Ball if season 4 would include events from the fourth book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. He replied that it would but when asked about the infamous shower scene that occurs in the book between Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Eric, he said that a shower scene will happen but it could lead elsewhere. Since this season has been dubbed “the Season of the Witch”, Alan did confirm that we will be meeting some witches, ghosts, new werewolves, new shifters, and new vampires. But of the witches, he says that their viewpoint coming in is that they have been assaulted which is one reason why others on the show may not like them.
    Source: http://truebloodnet.com/videos-alan-...eyfest-part-1/ You can watch further videos with AB and the cast on that site.

Hmmm I wonder what AB means about the shower scene leading elsewhere. Hopefully, this season will not be all about his Bill bias again. / sigh

So what do you guys want to get out of the new season?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

No official date is set but I think it will June 12th. It's premiered within days of this date the past two seasons.

Not worried too much about the Bill slant. I've been getting the impression that Bill wants to get Sookie back but she isn't having it. However, not sure where the Eric stuff is going with Alcide in the picture. In any case, looking forward to the return! I have been reading/watching WAY far less spoilers than I gave in the past.

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Sunnydale High Student RedKryptonClark's Avatar
    Thanks

@TVTango

HBO confirms premiere date for the 12-episode fourth season of #TrueBlood on Sunday, June 26 at 9pm.

Here's original source.

Thanks

Check out this great new promo for season 4:

http://tv.yahoo.com/true-blood/show/...ideos/25197230

Looks really cool, I can hardly wait for June 26th to arrive!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cori View Post
    Check out this great new promo for season 4:

http://tv.yahoo.com/true-blood/show/...ideos/25197230

Looks really cool, I can hardly wait for June 26th to arrive!
    Oooh nice! I loved the last part when she's like, "You'll heal in 5 minutes, you're a vampire!" Can't wait to see ASkars play Amnesiac!Eric! Seriously, I just want him to get more screentime period, though I'm also of course eager for Ball to finally advance on the E/S front...

Oh Alcide, that's a good point... Well, hopefully Eric will at least be able to get a foot in the door in this season...and Bill can just SUCK IT! (Seriously, she better be "not having any of it" alll season, it's about time! He needs to really work to get back into her good graces...too bad he's not going to be missing the whole season like in the book! )
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Thanks

I was watching the 2011 paley thingyjigger on youtube the other day, and I was quite disgusted when I heard the question of "Are Sookie and Bill still soul mates" reiterated to Alan Ball. He basically answered yes, "although it'll take awhile to get back together" or something like that. And even though it was said jokingly, he kind of alluded to the them being "meant to be" having to do with the fact that SM and AP are married/engaged or whatever they are. I KNEW IT!!!

I mean, WHAT?! They are actors. Just because they are in love in real life doesn't mean that you write the story to make them work, no matter how ridiculous it becomes. I'm so irritated with AB. He is such a Bill/Sookie fan, and I am so tired of that ship. Grrrr.

So Sherrilina, looks like our complaints last year that AB will always paint Bill in a glowing light wasn't far off.
    I have loved you. - Ser Jorah Mormont

Thanks

I was watching the 2011 paley thingyjigger on youtube the other day, and I was quite disgusted when I heard the question of "Are Sookie and Bill still soul mates" reiterated to Alan Ball. He basically answered yes, "although it'll take awhile to get back together" or something like that.
    I seriously dislike this romantic trope wherever I see it. 'Soul mates'. Bah. It basically means they'll squeeze them back together at some point whether it makes sense to the story or not. I'm way more interested in fluid characters that grow and explore different aspects of themselves in relationships with other people. Calling something 'soul mates' just feels like it renders every other relationship those two might have pretty meaningless.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 395 Posts

Three new posters 'True Colors' style

http://www.comicscavern.com/news/201...o-posters.html
    "Gunn dies, Illyria Survives, Spike shanshus, Angel looses an arm and Xander looses an arm too, which is odd because he wasn't even there."
    Joss Whedon at the High Stakes convention - 2004

Library Researcher behringtheweb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    I seriously dislike this romantic trope wherever I see it. 'Soul mates'. Bah. It basically means they'll squeeze them back together at some point whether it makes sense to the story or not. I'm way more interested in fluid characters that grow and explore different aspects of themselves in relationships with other people. Calling something 'soul mates' just feels like it renders every other relationship those two might have pretty meaningless.
    I actually agree with your statement. I believe in soulmates, but sometimes I have to wonder if soulmates would mean soulmate for a specific time in your life......

Thanks

Check out those episode summaries for episodes that will air in July:

Spoiler:

True Blood - Season 4 - July Episode Summaries

-- Episode #38: “You Smell Like Dinner”: Sookie adjusts to Bon Temps’ new realities; Bill reveals pieces of his past; Eric crashes a witches’ meeting; Jason gets his wounds licked; Andy struggles with his addiction; Sam learns of Luna’s special talents; Jessica satisfies her blood cravings; Arlene witnesses strange behavior from her family. (Written by Brian Bucker; directed by Scott Winant.) Playdates: July 3, 5, 6, 9 and 14

-- Episode #39: “If You Love Me, Why Am I Dyin’?”: Sookie makes a deal with Eric, and reconnects with Alcide; Bill punishes an errant vampire and counsels a guilt-ridden Jessica; Jason is cast as a reluctant savior; Tommy eyes a scam and alienates Sam; Marnie flexes her newfound powers; Pam delivers an ultimatum to Lafayette, Tara and Jesus; Eric spoils Sookie’s faerie reunion. (Written by Alan Ball; directed by David Petrarca.) Playdates: July 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16

-- Episode #40: “I’m Alive and on Fire”: Alcide helps Sookie hunt for Eric; Marnie searches for guidance to break a spell; Bill discovers a common bond with the Bellefleurs; Jason begs for liberation from Hotshot; Sam penetrates Luna’s inner circle; Arlene sees the writing on the wall; Tommy returns to his roots. (Written by Nancy Oliver; directed by Michael Lehmann.) Playdates: July 17, 19, 20 and 23

-- Episode #41: “Me and the Devil”: Sookie nurtures Eric; Bill gets involved personally in the necromancy crisis; Pam takes the veil; Sam becomes Tommy’s accomplice; Arlene and Terry look to religion to solve their problem; Jesus and Lafayette head to Mexico to harness a shaman’s power; Jason convalesces. (Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Daniel Minahan.) Playdates: July 24, 26, 27 and 30

-- Episode #42: “I Wish I Was the Moon”: Sookie searches for Jason under a full moon; Marnie connects with spirits of the past; Arlene and Terry cope with a suspicious inferno; Debbie urges Alcide to join a new werewolf community; Tommy trades places with Sam; Lafayette feels the spirit in Mexico; Eric surrenders to his King’s will. (Written by Raelle Tucker; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.) Playdate: July 31

Source: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/tru...y-episode.html

Personally, I'm especially looking forward to episode 41 with the
    Spoiler:
    Sookie nurtures Eric part!

Thanks

8 minute sneak peek in s4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s16eWz6a_U

Personally I am not that big fan of 'fairies' plot.
    Last edited by Sky; 27-06-11 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBKnq...layer_embedded

Yes I agree. I hope they won't focus too much on the fairies storyline in season 4 but
    Spoiler:
    book spoiler
    Spoiler:
    focus on the war between vampires and witches and of course on the whole Eric having amnesia storyline. Those are much more interesting than the fairies storyline IMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 395 Posts

Spoiler:
    They kinda get rid of the fairies in the first 15 min. But bring back Gary Cole. I like Gary Cole.

I haven't read the books but the end with King Beeeeel, i couldn't stop laughing.
    "Gunn dies, Illyria Survives, Spike shanshus, Angel looses an arm and Xander looses an arm too, which is odd because he wasn't even there."
    Joss Whedon at the High Stakes convention - 2004

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s16eWz6a_U

wow... well that wasn't in the books! I think I'm with you not a fan of the fairies plot! I was a bit funny about it in the book but this looks so cheesy!!! 'Fairy God Mother'!!! come on! this is one thing they should have kept close to the book with.

Thanks

Well, has anyone seen the new episode. I know im jumping in here a little late, but the first ep was last sunday. I wish I could say Ive read the books. I started the first one twice and the second one once and I cant get into the writing, or the style of it. I think we have like the first four or five books. Anywho, as far as the show goes.. and last sunday..

I was quite pleased.

Spoiler:
    It seems like they got the ball rolling a little with each character. The pushed the fairy thing into something completely new, almost a goblin looking thing im sure well find out about later With the first three seasons picking up right after one another, it was different to see the show pick it up a year later. I still wanna know what the hell is going on with Bill and what happened between him and the Queen. There is so much going on. I LOVE the witches.. the fairy thing might be overkill on supernatural, but the witches is nice and old school. Tara/Tony, how random and cool was that. Im really excited about next week. I know you can watch the next ep online, but Im going to wait this one out

banner made by my homegirl {HisMRS}