Thread: untitled

Thanks

Default untitled

I've been playing around with some ideas for an original story for some time and wanted to just put a teaser together. It's short and sweet for the moment but I just thought I'd share it and hopefully get a little feedback. Feel free to PM me.

Portland, Oregon. 2011.

My name is Cassandra Harrington. To the casual observer it would appear that my life is like that of any normal teenage girl. I attend the local high school at the west side of town. I have a brother and father who love me, and I have the same worries and fears as any of my class mates, homework, bad hair days… prom.

I guess the good thing about being a high school student is that there is no such thing as a casual observer. Everyone is so wrapped up in their own daily drama that nobody really pays much attention to the people that surround them from day to day, makes fitting in easier than you’d think.

My name is Cassandra Harrington and I have one job, blend in or die.
    Find me at facebook - tumblr - twitter - livejournal

Thanks

another quick sample, just testing the waters here lol.

The Glass House:

If it weren’t for the knowledge that it was impossible for our kind to suffer from a heart attack, I would have serious concerns for Samuel’s health right now. I wonder if it were possible for us to suffer from shock.

‘’What is it?’’ He asked as the three of us examined the exterior of our new home.

‘’I think it’s a house Sam.’’ Zach responded, his eyes darting between the house and our father.

‘’Nonsense, a house would mean structure… walls.’’ He replied making his way over to the glass structure.

‘’Never judge a book buy it’s cover, isn’t that what you taught us.’’ I said resting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

‘’Yes I suppose you’re right.’’ He responded with defeat.

‘’And besides, it’ll be nice to live in a house that doesn’t look like a horror movie reject…’’ Zach added, slapping him on the back before entering their new home.

I was about to follow until I sensed that Samuel had yet to move, I turned slowly taking a step or two before closing the distance between us.

‘’It’s just a house Sam, five years and we can move on…’’ I spoke softly.
    Find me at facebook - tumblr - twitter - livejournal