Thread: Angel Episode 6.7 117. Here Comes the Rain Again

Thanks

Default Angel Episode 6.7 117. Here Comes the Rain Again

Hi, this is the seventh episode of Angel Season 6 by me. I hope you enjoy reading it. If you have feedback, please post it here; both positive comments and constructive criticism are welcome

Angel Episode 6.7 117. Here Comes the Rain Again

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters on Angel. They belong to Fox Studios and Joss Whedon. This work is fictional and is only for my and others entertainment. Therefore no infringement is intended. I do not intend to make a profit from this work. However I own all characters that have not previously appeared/been mentioned on Angel, so I can do whatever I like with them. Therefore any unauthorised usage of these characters is not permitted.

ACT I

Open on a front door opening. Connor walks through into his house. His mum appears from the hallway.

Connor: Hey mom.

Connorís Mum: Oh, Connor hi.

Connor: Sorry if I missed dinner.

Connorís Mum: Left you some in the microwave.

Connor: Youíre the best.

Connor smiles and walks through to the kitchen. His mum notices his shirt is partially torn.

Connorís Mum: Hey, your new shirt is torn!

Connor: Oh, uh, Iíll get it fixed.

Connorís Mum: What is it exactly that you do when you go out?

Connor: Uh, you know. Stuff.

Connorís Mum: Stuff with jagged edges?

Connor: It was an accident.

Connorís Mum: Well you know, honey, you gotta be more careful. I mean when youíre at college you canít afford to buy new clothes all the time.

Connor: I said Iíd fix it, donít worry.

Connorís Mum: Mmmkay. Well you know, if you ever need an extra needle and thread you know where to come.
    Connor: I do. Thanks.

Connorís Mum.

Connorís Mum: I think Iím gonna go to bed. Youíre dadís gotta get up early for work tomorrow, if I go any later I might wake him.

Connor: No problem. Iíll clear up down here after Iím done eating.

Connorís Mum: Ok, thanks hun. Gínight.

Connor: Night.

Connor nods and walks towards the microwave. Connorís mum walks up the stairs. Cut to her walking into a bedroom. Connorís dad can be seen lying on his side with his eyes shut.

Connorís Dad: Heís back?

Connorís Mum: Oh, Eric, sorry. We should have been quieter.

Connorís Dad: No, no I was awake anyway.

He turns over and faces Connorís Mum.

Connorís Mum: His, uh, shirt was ripped. Again.

Connorís Dad: Thatís the third time this week.

Connorís Mum: Well he wasnít too specific when I asked him whatís he been doing.

Connorís Dad: Oh I think I have an idea.

Connorís Mum looks puzzled. Connorís Dad opens the top draw of the beside table and shows Connorís Mum a mobile phone. Connorís Mum frowns.

Connorís Mum: Thatís his cell phone.

Connorís Dad: I had to know, Jennifer.

Connorís Mum: Heíll notice itís gone.

Connorís Dad: I know. Iím gonna talk to him about it.

Connorís Mum: About what?

Connorís Dad presses a few buttons on the phone and then hands it to Connorís Mum.

Connorís Dad: Look for yourself.

She looks at the phone screen. It is the message list, and there are several messages from Angel. Connorís Mum frowns.

Connorís Mum: Angel? Wait, heís that lawyer we went to?

Connorís Dad: Yeah. All the messages are locked.

Connorís Mum: You think Connorís seeing him without telling us?

Connorís Dad: Well heís almost 20, itís not like he has to check with us before doing anything he wants. StillÖif heís still in contact with AngelÖsomething must be wrong. And his shirt just backs that up even more.

Connorís Mum: But what? They both said everything was sorted.

Connorís Dad: We canít know for sure until we ask him. But I think something happened back in May. Something he doesnít want us to know about.

Connorís Mum: So weíll talk to him tomorrow?

Connorís Dad: Yeah. We gotta make sure heís ok.

Connorís Mum: Of course.

They look concerned. The camera moves down to show Connor stood in the kitchen. He is staring into space looking serious.

Opening credits.

Starring:

DAVID BOREANAZ - Angel
    JAMES MARSTERS - Spike
    AMY ACKER - Winnifred Burkle/Illyria
    J. AUGUST RICHARDS - Charles Gunn
    ALEXA DAVALOS - Gwen Raiden
    VINCENT KARTHEISER - Connor

Guest Starring:

STEPHANIE ROMANOV - Lilah Morgan
    HARVEY KEITAL - Demon
    CHRISTOPHER JUDGE - Old One
    JIM ABELE - Connor's Father
    ADRIENNE BETTE EVANS - Connor's Mother

Cut to Angel walking into the Hyperion. Spike and Illyria are stood talking in the lobby. They turn to look at Angel. Spike nods and raises his eyebrows slightly as if to say ďhelloĒ.

Angel: Hey.

Illyria: Youíre journey was successful?

Angel: Uh, yeah it was ok.

Illyria notices a cut on Angelís forward.

Illyria: You have done battle.

Angel: Oh just a small one.

Spike: Thought you were with Connor?

Angel: Yeah, the two kinda collided.

Spike: Thought you were keen on him taking the pacifist road?

Angel: I was. I tried, but violence seems to follow him around.

Illyria: Perhaps it is you that it follows, and he is simply drawn into the fray.

Angel considers this and seems to realise this for the first time.

Angel: Uh, maybe. Whereís Gwen and Gunn?

Spike: Upstairs. Reckon theyíve got stuff to sort out.

Angel: They have?

Illyria: There has been friction between for several days now. Since the incident with your son.

Spike: Gunn looked kinda shaken up. Maybe he knows something we donít.

Angel: If he does, and it concerns Connor, I need to know.

Illyria: You are worried that Connor is malfunctioning?

Angel: Iím not saying that. But those visions or whatever heís having could be dangerous. I need to find out why heís having them.

Spike: Well, something tells me his mum and dad might not appreciate a visit at 2am. How about you wait till tomorrow?

Angel: Right. Except we donít exactly have a link to Wolfram and Hart anymore.

Illyria: Perhaps The Powers That Be will present us with one. Fred could have another vision.

Angel: Maybe. But I donít think Fredís too enthusiastic about, well, any of this right now.

Spike: Canít exactly blame her.

Angel: Iím not. I just hope sheís ok. Where is she anyway?

Spike: She went out a while ago. Said sheíd be back soon.

Angel: Where would she go?

Cut to Fred sitting on a chair it what appears to be a waiting room. She looks nervous. She looks around as a demon walks past. She exhales. Growling is heard. Fred looks to her left. Another demon has appeared and the two are now fighting in the hallway. Three men dressed in black appear and begin restraining the demons. Fred stares at the scene.

Voice OS: Are you Fred?

Fred jumps slightly and looks up. A male demon is looking down at her.

Demon: Sorry, didnít mean to startle you.

Fred: Oh, no itís fine. And yeah, thatís me.

Man: Right. Well, this way.

Fred: Ok.

Fred gets up and follows him

Cut to Gunn sat with Gwen in their room. Both look serious.

Gwen: Wow.

Gunn: I know.

Gwen: I didnít think Wesley had it in Ďim.

Gunn: Neither did I.

Gwen: You know thereís something I donít get, I mean you remembered how Cordelia got possessed and all, before you knew all this right? And you and Fred were stillÖyou and Fred. How come that didnít change?

Gunn: I think we only forgot what they needed us to.

Gwen: Wolfram and Hart?

Gunn: Yeah. Easier that way I guess.

Gwen: Itís weirdÖmaybe loads of stuffís been changed and we donít even know.

Gunn: Wouldnít put it past them.

Gwen: Yeah.

Gunn: I donít know if I can look at Connor the same way now that I knowÖ

Gwen: Guess heís kinda two people in the same body.

Gunn: Know how he feels.

Gwen smiles sympathetically.

Gwen: You know, now that Angelís not at Wolfram and Hart does that meanÖthey might put things back the way they were? As in Connorís a psychopath who hates everyone again?

Gunn: A contractís a contract. I donít think any of them can be broken.

Gwen: What if Angelís breached it?

Gunn: I donít know. If he hasÖweíll know about it soon enough.

Gwen: You think heís expecting something bad?

Gunn: Probably. If not from that, then the other deal he made with Hamilton last month.

Gwen: I almost forgot about that.

Gunn: Something tells me Wolfram and Hart havenít.

Gwen looks concerned.

Cut to the demon seen with Fred earlier walking through a doorway, followed by Fred. The room they are now is lines with shelves, with various objects including vases, bottles of colourful liquids, crystals and also what appear to be bones. Fred looks around, not looking entirely comfortable.

Demon: Take a seat.

Fred smiles slightly and then sits down on a chair in front of a desk. The demon sits on the other side of the desk.
    Demon: Since you came here on your own accord, Iím guessing you know about what I do. And how I do it.

Fred: Yeah. I heard you were the expert.

Demon: So folk do say that. And Iím not inclined to disagree. But I do wonder, FredÖwhat makes you so sure I can help you? I mean I donít get too many human customers, why donít you go to a human doctor?

Fred: They wouldnít be able to help. My problem isnít, exactly, human.

The demon moves his head forward and looks into Fredís eyes. The demon looks surprised.

Demon: Huh? Whatta you know? Part demon. I shouldaí seen it sooner.

Fred: Yeah.

The demon gets up and walks round to desk and stands next to Fred. He places his hand over her forehead. Fred looks a little confused as the demon closes his eyes. The demon opens them again quickly and draws back his hand. He looks down at Fred frowning.

Demon: Iíve been doing this for over 50 years. And I aint never seen so much noise in one brain until now.

Fred: Thereís a lot of stuffÖthatís wrong.

Demon: Damn right there is. Your auraís justÖall over the place. Gonna take a lotta work.

Fred: You mean youíll help?

The demon hesitates.

Demon: Iíll help you. But I aint making no guarantees Fred. These things go wrong sometimes. You sure you wanna take that risk?

Fred: Would I be here if I didnít?

The demon smiles.

Demon: Itís pretty late, you should get home. Weíll start our first session tomorrow.

Fred: But I thought the waiting list to see you wasÖhuge.

Demon: Oh, it is. But Iím intrigued Fred. You may well be my biggest challenge yet. I look forward to seeing you again.

Fred smiles slightly and gets up.

Fred: Right. Well thank you.

Demon: No problem.

Fred: Just one more thing I was wonderingÖhow much do I pay?

Demon: Oh weíll sort that you out later. I only ask you pay for the quality you receive. And I canít tell how much thatíll be right now.

Fred: Oh, ok. Well, bye.

Demon: Good night.

Fred nods and walks out looking relieved. The demon walks round to his desk and sits down. He picks up the phone an dials a number.

Demon: (to phone) Marty? Yeah, hi. Listen, does the name ďFredĒ mean anything to you?

There is a pause. The demon smiles.

Demon: (to phone) I thought so.

Cut to Spike walking down the stairs into The Hyperion, yawning. Illyria is already standing in the middle of the room. She looks up at Spike.

Illyria: You have slept for many hours.

Spike: Yeah, we do that.

Illyria: More than is typical for humans.

Spike: What can I say, I need my beauty sleep.

Illyria: Your physical appearance is now altered?

Spike: Look, never mind. Whereís Angel and the others?

Illyria: Angel has gone to see his son once again. I believe they are involved in the human activity of ďshoppingĒ.

Spike: Oh. Well, who knows how long thatíll take?
    Illyria: I would predict several hours.

Spike: Course you would.

Illyria: I am curious as to why Angel would spend these hours occupying himself in an activity that serves no greater purpose other than to appease the human desire to indulge oneís self, when there are far greater concerns.

Spike: Well, Iím sure youíll get it some day. And whatís that about greater concerns?

Illyria: Wolfram and Hart may be planning an assault as we speak. You may have chosen to ignore the deal Angel made with Hamilton, but I have not. There will be resolve. Perhaps sooner, rather than later.

Spike: Yeah, well Angelís obviously not too concerned. Whistleríll probably pop up when weíre needed anyway.

Illyria: Then we should concentrate on solving the current mystery of Connorís condition.

Spike: Thatís probably what Angelís doing now.

Illyria: Still-

Spike: Look Illyria, yes bad things are happening, but unless you know where to start looking, we have no idea where theyíre coming from. Just, learn to relax a little bit.

Illyria: Relaxing is weakness. I decline.

Spike: Suit yourself. Probably some baddies around you can chase after anyway.

Illyria: Perhaps I will. But first I will find Gunn and Gwen. They too have slept for an unnatural length of time.

Illyria start walking up the steps as Spike rolls his eyes.

Spike: Bloody hell!

Illyria spins round.

Illyria: What is-

She stops as she looks in the middle of the room. The camera moves up from the ground slowly to show Lilah standing there. She smiles and shrugs.

Lilah: Surprise!
    Last edited by Alex; 21-11-07 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks

ACT II

Cut to Angel walking down a street in LA with Connor. They are keeping to the shade.

Angel: So what do you need most?

Connor: Well I was thinking about getting a stereo. You know, one of those bigger ones.

Angel: Theyíre pretty expensive.

Connor: Hey I got money.

Angel: Which your parents gave you to spend on college stuff.

Connor: A stereo is college stuff. I mean how am I gonna have a house party without one?

Angel: I guess.

Connor smiles.

Angel: ConnorÖI need to talk to you about something.

Connorís smile fades.

Connor: The visions right?

Angel: Yeah.

Connor: I knew weíd get on to that sooner or later.

Angel: Look Iím only worried.

Connor: How do you know itís such a bad thing?

Angel: How do you know it isnít?

Connor: Itís happened a lot now. And Iím still fine.

Angel: Maybe on the outside. But Iíve seen what visions can do to people. If Cordelia hadnít become half-demon her skull would have blown open because of them. Same with Fred probably.

Connor: Well those arenít vision visions.

Angel: Theyíre still powerful. Maybe dangerous. And I donít care how much you protest, Iím gonna get to the bottom of why youíre having them.

Connor: Hey I donít mind you trying to fix it or whatever. I just donít want it brought up all the time.

Angel: No oneís gonna think any differently of you because of this.

Connor: Sure, apart from everyone.

Angel: No. The others, theyíre fine now.

Connor: Only cause I showed GunnÖ

Connor trails off. Angel frowns.

Angel: Showed him what?

Connor: Look he was angryÖI just wanted to help. So I showed him what really happened.

Angel frowns.

Angel: You meanÖthe real memories.

Connor: Yeah.

Angel: Oh. Well, I guess that saves me a whole lotta time.

Connor: I thought youíd be mad.

Angel: Why?

Connor: Because it could screw things up. I mean Wesley pretty much freaked when he found out right?

Angel: It wasÖawkward sure. But you know, maybe itís for the best. Iím just surprised he accepted it so quickly.

Connor: Yeah, well, the truth hits you like that. Especially when it comes out of nowhere.

Woman OS: Connor?

Connor turns round. His mum is standing with some shopping bags, looking confused. Angel looks surprised. Connor looks awkward.

Connor: Uh, hi mom.

Connorís Mum: Hi, uh, I didnít expect to see you here.

Connor: Yeah I was just doing some shopping.

Connorís Mum: With, uh, Angel, I see.

Angel: You remember me?

Connorís Mum: Well sure, I mean itís not easy to forget the man that saved your sonís life.

Angel: Well I didnít exactly-
    Connor: So, mom, you almost done?

Connorís Mum: Oh I should be done soon. You want a lift home?

Connor: Sure, thanks.

Connorís Mum.

Connorís Mum: I, um, Iím sure you Iíll see you around, Angel.

Angel: Yeah, probably.

Connor: Bye.

Angel: ByeÖ

Connor nods and follows his mum. He looks back at Angel quickly and then carries on walking. Angel looks confused. Connor catches his mum up.

Connorís Mum: SoÖis this the first time youíve seen Angel?

Connor: WellÖno.

Connorís Mum: I see.

Connor: Iím not a kid, mom. I can see who I want.

Connorís Mum: I know, sweetie, and Iím sure heís a nice enough man but-

Connor: Heís not just nice. Heís great. Heís shown me stuff I never thought I could do.

Connorís Mum: Well that might not be such a good thing Connor, I mean that Wolfram and Hart place certainly had a lot of strange folk in itÖcan you be 100% sure Angelís not, you knowÖdodgy?

Connor: I can. Because, like you said, he saved me. That should be all you need to know as well.

Connorís Mum: Iím grateful, really I am. God knows what would have happened to you without his helpÖbut I just worry, Iím sorry, itís a mother thing. There are a lot of people in this town Connor. Some of them appear to be white knights, when in factÖtheyíre really not.

Connor: Well he is.

Connorís Mum: All right. As long as youíre sure.

Connor: I am.

Connor smiles and carries on walking. Connorís Mum smiles back, but her eyes show that deep down she is worried.

Cut to Fred walking into the demonís office room. She looks in bad shape. He looks up and smiles at her.

Demon: Fred. Happy to see you back here. Uh, no offence, but uh you look like you slept on the street.

Fred: I, uh, couldnít go back to the hotel. Not before we do this.

Demon: I understand. Follow me.

Fred follows the demon into a back room.

Cut to Angel walking into the Hyperion. Gunn, Gwen and Spike are sat down while Illyria is standing next to Lilah. Angel frowns as Lilah smiles.

Angel: Lilah?

Lilah: Angel. Nice of you to finally show up.

Angel looks around. The others appear to be frozen. He frowns and then turns to the door. A car is frozen in mid-motion outside. Angel turns to Lilah who smiles.

Lilah: Nifty huh?

Angel: What are you doing here?

Lilah: Well I was explaining just that to your friends, or whatever youíre calling them nowadays.

Lilah looks at Illyriaís still figure.

Lilah: Gotta say, the blue lookís definitely an improvement. Not such a big hit with Wes though right? I always knew that obsession of hisíd end in tears.

Angel: Lilah-

Lilah: Fine. Iím here because I have an offer for you.

Angel: Well you take it back to hell with you, because Iím not making any more deals with Wolfram and Hart.

Lilah: Who said anything about Wolfram and Hart? Or deals for that matter? No, Angel this is a no strings attached offer from me, to you.

Angel: No such thing.

Lilah: Yeah I figured you wouldnít trust me. These guys didnít either.

Angel: Whatís with the time-freeze?

Lilah: Well I was getting tired of each one of their whiney little voices asking questions. One of the good things about hell is the amount of power you can find if you look hard enough. That and the severe lack of trivial chitchat. They usually just skip right to the torture.

Angel: So letís get to the point.

Lilah: Right. You may be wondering why good old Marcus isnít here.

Angel: Itíd crossed my mind.

Lilah: Well a) heís probably busy having his heart ripped out for the 1037th time. That one never gets old. And b) things are happening at Wolfram and Hart. I guess youíre buddy Whistler hasnít explained that part.

Angel: What things?

Lilah: To cut a long story short: the Senior Partners are feuding. It happens once every few millennia. Usually itís sorted out by a few assassinations that no one can ever prove. But this time itís slightly more complicated. Around half are all up for the dimensional move. The rest, including my boss, arenít so keen.

Angel: So what?

Lilah: So what? Iím really gonna have to spell this out for you arenít I? Remember the whole battle against Wolfram and Hart youíve so righteously kept up for the last 5 years? Well this is the perfect opportunity to get the upper hand.

Angel: I remember you saying something similar two years ago.

Lilah: Well you know what they say: that was then, this is now. If you side with my half of the Senior Partners, against the other half, we can easily-

Angel: Wipe them out and give your guys the chance to take over the world? Sorry, not interested.

Lilah: The worldís already ours Angel. Didnít you learn anything from that elevator ride a few years ago?

Angel: Then why are you so intent on staying.

Lilah: Because while youíve ruffled a hell-of-a lot of feathers upstairs, my boss thinks you can still be used to our advantage.

Angel: So you think we can be allies?

Lilah: I guess you could look at it like that.

Angel: Well then I already gave you my answer.

Lilah: Right. Well I canít say Iím not surprised. But let me add, Angel, that if you do accept the offer, we might be able to throw in a few more helpful hints in with the package.

Angel: What do you mean?

Lilah: Well the other Senior Partners are gonna launch a strike any day now. Itíd be helpful if you knew the time and place. See where Iím going with this?

Angel: I can find some other way.

Lilah: Oh, you keep telling yourself that champ.

Angel: Lilah Iím not gonna help you.

Lilah: So you wanna turn this into a Dutch auction? Fine by me.

Angel: You canít offer me anything. Now start time again and get the hell out.

Lilah: Anything huh? How about something beginning with ďCĒ ending in ďonnorĒ?

Angel frowns.

Angel: You know whatís wrong with him.

Lilah: Didnít say that. But I might know why itís happening.

Angel walks up to her looking angry.

Angel: Tell me.

Lilah: Wow, intimidating. Except for the fact that Iím dead, so you canít snap my neck this time.

She raises an eyebrow. Angel looks angry.

Angel: What do you want me to do?

Lilah: I knew youíd jump through the hoop if I mentioned Junior. Itíd be interesting to see how far youíd go with that.

Angel: I could change my mind.

Lilah: Yeah right. Anyway, all you and your pals have to do is fight the other Senior Partnersí army when it comes, and do some serious damage. Which is probably gonna be within the next hour. Weíll let you know where soon enough.

Angel: An hour?

Lilah: You expected them to warn you? See look, Iím already doing you a favor. Better regroup, or things could get ugly. Anyway, I really should be going. Iíve got a session at 1, they donít like it when Iím late. You know when it comes down to it, being in hell and being in a law firm arenít that different.

Angel: Wait. Tell me what you know about Connor.

Lilah: Oh right. Well you remember that little deal you made with Hamilton? Looks like youíre paying your half off right now. Or rather Connor is.

Angel: You mean his visions are dangerous.

Lilah: Couldnít say for sure. All I know is that heíll be the one paying the price at the end of the day.

Angel looks upset. Lilah smiles, but it is not clear whether she is serious or not.

Lilah: Sorry, looks like your screwed again. Nothing changes I guess.

Angel looks at her.

Angel: Thanks for your insight. You can go.

Lilah: Well thanks.

She raises and eyebrow and smiles before disappearing. Time starts again.

Spike: Just tell us why youíre here you bloody-

Spike looks around.

Spike: Whereíd she go?

Gwen: Angel?

Angel looks at them.

Illyria: Something has transpired.

Cut to everyone sat down except Illyria in the lobby.

Illyria: We must hasten to search for the army.

Gwen: I could be wrong, but this sounds like one of those ďdonít call us, weíll call youĒ armies.

Spike: Sounds pretty typical, yeah.

Gunn: How do we know Lilahís telling the truth. Yeah sheís been gone a while butÖsheís still evil. Right?

Angel: I think this is the part where we get caught up in the fight between two greater powers again.

Spike: And so we pick the lesser evil?

Gwen: Which is Lilah and co.? Because, thingsíll be bad whether Wolfram and Hart stay or go. I mean for a start ConnorÖ

Gwen trails off as she sees Angelís face. Illyria looks around.

Illyria: The odds may be against us. But we should not despair until we are dead.

Everyone looks at Illyria.

Gunn: As weird as that sounds, Iíve gotta agree with her.

Angel: Iím not giving up. I have to call Connor.

Spike: You think theyíre already after Ďim?

Angel: They could be. Even if theyíre not, I still wanna check.

Angel walks into his office. The others look worried.

Illyria: We may have to act swiftly if Lilah spoke the truth.

Gwen: Well as long as weíre all here, itís ok right?

Gunn: Yeah.

Cut to Fred sitting in a chair, not moving. She suddenly opens her eyes and gasps. She breathes deeply. The demon stands next to her.

Demon: Welcome back.

Fred: WhatÖwhat was that?

Demon: You donít remember?

Fred shakes her head and looks anxious.

Demon: Youíve been on another plane for the last few hours. You havenít actually existed here since, uh, 11am.

Fred: Wait I do remember. But you definitely didnít tell me about that part.

Demon: You didnít ask. Besides, itís harmless. And youíll be a lot better because of it.

Fred blinks slowly, still breathing heavily. She gets up.

Fred: Well, thanks, but I, uh, I donít wanna do this.

Demon: Weíve only done one session Fred.

Fred: And weíll leave it at that.

Fred takes a wallet out of her jeans and takes a wad of money out.

Fred: So, how much?

Demon: Why donít we call this a free trial? You can pay me if you ever decide to come back.

Fred: IÖI wonít.

Demon: Sure, ok.

Fred frowns. She walks out. The demon smiles. A door opens behind him and another demon, in a leather coat is stood at the door.

Demon #2: Sheís gone.

Demon: Not for long.

Cut to Angel on the phone.

Voice: Hello?

Angel: Uh, hi, Connor?

Cut to Connorís house. His dad is seen holding the phone.

Connorís Dad: This is his dad.

Thanks

ACT III

Cut back to Angel.

Angel: Oh, sorry I thought-

Cut back to Connorís dad.

Connorís Dad: This is Angel isnít it?

Cut back to Angel.

Cut back Connorís Dad.

Connorís Dad: Well, Iím not surprised to see youíre calling Connor again. From the look of his messages this is the ninth or tenth time this week.

Cut to Angel.

Angel: Uh, I donít mean to be rude, but how is that any of your business?

Cut to Connorís Dad.

Connorís Dad: Itís my business because heís my son, and while Iím grateful that you helped him, I really donít think itís in his best interests to see you anymore.

Cut to Angel.

Angel: Well whatever you think of meÖme and Connor are just friends. And I hate to disappoint but you canít control what your son does.

Cut to Connorís Dad.

Connorís Dad: Weíll see.

He puts the phone down. He looks serious. He turns round and sees Connor standing next to him, frowning.

Cut back to Angel looking annoyed. He walks back into the lobby.

Spike: Any luck?

Angel: It was his dad.

Gunn: His fake-slash-real dad?

Angel: Yeah. He said heíd been looking through Connorís cell phone.

Gunn: See, thatís why I moved at 17.

Gwen: He read them?

Angel: I donít know. If he hasÖ

Gwen: Heíll work out youíre Connorís dad?

Angel: Probably, due the fact Connor calls me ďdadĒ in most of them.

Gwen: OhÖ

Spike: So now heís not only got the knights of doom on his tail, but his mum and dad too? Poor kid.

Angel: We should go.

Everyone nods and gets up. Fred walks through the door.

Angel: Fred.

Fred smiles slightly.

Fred: Hey. Whatís going on?

Spike: A lot.

Gwen: Whereíve you been?

She frowns to herself.

Gwen: And why am I only wondering this now?

Illyria: I am experiencing a similar feeling.

Gunn: Me too.

He looks at Gunn.

Gunn: Uh, not that we forgot about you.

Fred: No, no itís fine, really.

Angel: You donít look too fine.

Fred: Uh, I went to the university, itís a long story.

Spike: You can explain on the way if you want.

Fred: The way to where?

Spike: Good point actually. Sun doesnít set for a while. And Connorís place isnít exactly walking distance is it?

Fred: Um actually thereís a black limo out the front. I was kinda wondering how it got there.

Angel looks surprised and walks towards the door. Cut to him walking up to the limo, followed by the others. There is a note stuck to the windshield. It says: ďYou know where to go from hereĒ and is signed ďLilahĒ. Angel frowns.

Gunn: So the building fell down and this got out intact? If I get another car Iím keeping it at Wolfram and Hart.

Gwen: Angel, do you really know where to go?

Angel: Connorís house. Itís gotta be.

Gunn: Could be another trap.

Angel: No. Itís signed in blood. And you know how they are about that.

Spike: And the windows look nice and non-fatal. Letís go then.

Angel: NoÖthis is gonna be dangerous.

Gunn: And you want some of us to stay here right? Well not this time Angel. If this really is an army youíre gonna need all the help you can get.

Illyria: I am inclined to agree.

Angel pauses.

Fred: Theyíre right, Angel. If we have the right weapons, we can hold our own.

Angel: All right. We should hurry though.

The others nod and start walking inside.

Cut to Angel walking out with a sword. Gunn follows with his axe, and Spike with another sword. Gwen follows too.

Gwen: Think thereíll be vampires?

Spike puts a stake in his pocket.

Spike: Better to take a stake or two anyway. Otherwise weíll be in severe need of sharp tree branches.

Gwen: Right.

Illyria appears.

Illyria: Fred will join us momentarily.

Angel gets in the limo driverís seat as the others get in behind. Cut to Fred picking up a sword. She walks towards the door when the phone rings. Fred hesitates and looks for the others outside. She walks over to the phone on the counter and picks it up.

Fred: Hello?

Voice: Is that Fred?

Fred: YeahÖ

Voice: Well hey sweetie, itís mom!

Fred looks shocked and pauses.

Fredís mum: Fred? Fre-ed? Is everything ok honey?

Fred looks pained.

Fredís mum: Iíll call you back.

Fred puts the phone down quickly. She looks upset. Gunn appears at the doorway.

Gunn: We really gotta go.

Fred: Oh, right, sorry.

Gunn smiles and walks back out. Fred picks up a crossbow and follows, looking tense.

Cut to the car driving a long. Fred, Gunn, Gwen and Illyria are sat around the circular seat in the back. Spike is sat in the front with Angel. Gunn turns to Fred.

Gunn: So how was the university?

Fred: What?

Gunn: I thought you said you went there.

Fred: Oh, right, well I was there for a little bit, but I uh, one of the professorís recognized me.

Gunn: So you had some non-evil ones too huh?

Fred looks confused.

Gunn: Right. Yours werenít evil at all.

Fred: No. They were fine.

Gunn: So you stayed the night with them or something?

Fred: Well yeah, cause you know how I loveÖscience and stuff.

Gwen: Musta been weird. I mean staying with someone youíve technically never met.

Fred: Weird pretty much covers it.

Gunn: Well itís good that youíre getting out and stuff.

Fred: Yeah. When I need to.

She smiles slightly. Illyria seems to notice her wavering expression, but Gunn and Gwen donít. The camera moves to the front seats.

Spike: Just one questionÖhow are we gonna fight this lot with the sun around? We canít exactly lure them into the car.

Angel: Weíll find a way.

Spike: Well thatís good in theory but-

A rumbling is heard. Spike frowns. Raindrops splatter on the windshield. Spike rolls down the window slightly. Rain is beginning to fall more heavily outside. The sky is growing dark. Spike rolls the window up again.

Spike: Wish I could do that.

Angel looks forward, silently.

Cut to the car driving along the familiar cliff-side road seen in ďHomeĒ. Cut to inside the car. Gunn leans over from the back seat.

Gunn: I hate to be the kid in the back by asking this butÖare we nearly there yet?

Angel: Itís about another mile.

Gunn: Oh, ok.

Angel frowns as he looks forward.

Gunn: What?

Gunn looks forward too. A figure is walking a long the roadside in the rain. Itís Connor.

Gunn: Oh.

Angel pulls up next to Connor. He gets out and walks up to Connor who is soaked through.

Connor: DadÖwhat are you doing here?

Angel: Coming to see you, actually. How come youíre out here in this weather?

Connor: I had to get away from them. Iím really sorry my dad spoke to you that way. He forgets sometimes Iím almost 20.

Angel: Youíre almost?-Öuh, right well they shouldnít. But, itís ok really. Besides thatís not why I was coming to see you.

Connor: Big evil on the loose or something?

Angel: Not yet.

Connor: Oh. Well, I guess shelter would be nice.

Angel: Oh, right sorry.

Angel opens the rear door of the limo and Connor steps in. Gwen smiles.

Gwen: Hey Connor.

Connor: Hey.

Illyria: Youíre human body will not tolerate material that has absorbed so much water.

Connor: Well if youíre offering a change of clothesÖI guess youíre not.

Illyria: No. I suggest you search elsewhere for some alternative clothing.

Angel: Sheís right, Connor.

Gwen: What about the big bad? Thatís still out there right?

Spike: And weíre only assuming it was just after Connor.

Connor: Thereís something after me?

Fred: Uh, only maybe, donít worry.

Illyria: It is most likely.

Fred: OrÖ

Connor: So itís near?

Something suddenly lands on top of the car. It dents the roof and a hand bursts through the roof of the car.

Gunn: I think so.

Everyone starts getting out of the car. As Angel gets out, a wing smacks him in the face. Angel hits the barrier on the edge of the road. He looks up. Standing on top of the car is a demonic figure, looking partly human, apart from his glowing yellow eyes, and the hint of yellow across his otherwise copper skin. He is wearing black trousers. He flips in the air and lands next to Angel. Angel gets up as Spike looks angry. He lifts up his sword and prepares to attack, but the demon swiftly kicks Spike as he approaches. Spike hits the ground hard, skidding across the road.

The creature turns his head back and smiles. Angel stands before it.

Thanks

ACT IV

Angel: WhatÖwhat are you?

Old One: What did you expect vampire? Something familiar?

Gunn looks at Gwen, Illyria and Fred. He nods, and they realize what he means. All four rush towards the Old One, which spins around quickly. Gunn aims for his chest, but the Old One punches him in the face. Gunn falls to ground. Gwen blasts electricity at the Old One. He roars as Gwen slices him across the chest. The Old One growls and flips, kicking Gwen in the face and knocking Fred aside. Angel runs towards the Old One at the same time as Illyria. Angel slices his sword across the Old Oneís back, but he smacks him once again. He grabs Illyria around the neck and pauses.

Old One: Illyria? It has been so long.

Illyria struggles and tries to break free from the Old Oneís grip.

Old One: What a miserable creature you have become.

Fred gets up while he says this and looks angry. She picks up her crossbow and shoots a bolt at the Old One. He catches it with his other hand and crushes it without looking at Fred. He smiles at Illyria more widely.

Old One: You fight with these mortals? Why?

Gunn rushes at the Old One again, only to be knocked back almost instantly. Gwen runs to Gunnís side.

Illyria: (weakly) Because I choose to.

Old One: I see.

He throws Illyria across the road. She hits the cliff side near Spike. The Old One picks up the car slowly.

Connor: No!

The Old One looks at Connor. It throws the car at Illyria still. She looks up as it smashes into her. Spike looks shocked. He runs towards the Old One, but Connor gets there first. He punches the Old One in the stomach. He grabs his hand in pain. The Old One smiles.

Connor: You want me? Come and get me.

Old One: And why on earth would you think that?

The Old One punches Connor to the ground. Spike runs towards the Old One again, and this time rolls to duckís his punch. Spike stabs through the Old Oneís foot. The Old One growls and grabs the sword. It impales Spike suddenly and Spike staggers backwards. Angel is next to Connor whose nose is bleeding but looks worried as he sees Spike. He gets up and runs towards the Old One. The Old One however flies up in the air and hovers over Angel and co. Spike pulls the sword from his stomach and splutters. He throws it upwards, but the Old One dodges easily. Spike limps over to the car and pushes it aside with difficulty. Illyria is lying against the cliff face, badly cut and bruised. Spike looks worried. The Old One continues to hover in the air as rain starts falling harder. He laughs.

Old One: I was told that the vampire with a soul was strong.

Spike looks up, knelt next to Illyria.

Spike: Vampires.

Old One: Indeed. And yet both of you, a Old One and several humans cannot defeat me.

Gwen looks up. She seems to have an idea. She looks at Gunn.

Gwen: Iíll be right back.

Gunn: What?

Gwen gets up and runs underneath the Old One. He laughs.

Old One: You are brave little girl. But foolish, also.

Gwen narrows her eyes.

Gwen: Wanna bet?

Lightening suddenly strikes Gwen, but passes through the Old One as it does. Gwen is blasted into the air and is about to fly over the edge of the mountain. Angel jumps up as she falls through the air and grabs her hand. She hangs over the edge of the barrier gripping Angelís hand. He lifts her up. Gwen breathes heavily and smiles.

Gwen: Thanks.

Angel smiles slightly but then looks at the Old One. It is lying on the ground, looking badly burnt and weakened. Angel walks towards it slowly. He stands over it.

Angel: So youíre Wolfram and Hartís shot at defeating us huh?

The Old One splutters and then laughs a little.

Old One: No. To stall you.

Angelís smile fades. Spike looks up slowly next to Illyria. Gunn, Gwen and Fred all look worried. Connor seems to come to a conclusion he begins running back towards his house. The Old One laughs again.

Old One: Hahaha! Run if you will little boy. Others will enjoy seeing the pain on all your faces when I am gone.

Fred looks annoyed. She takes her crossbow again and shoots at the Old Oneís head. The camera shows the arrow hitting from the Old Oneís point of view. Cut to Fred, Gwen and Gunn rushing into the car. Spike is carrying Illyria and gets in behind them. Angel gets in the driverís seat.

Gunn: You think that Old One was serious about stalling us?

Angel: I do.

Spike: So does Connor by the looks of it.

Angel: Whatever that Old One was stalling us from, it could still be there. Connor might not be able to fight it on his own.

Angel starts the limo. Cut to Connor running along the roadside still. He has a pained expression on his face. Cut to Angel driving into Connorís neighborhood. Connor is seen running in the distance. He runs down a hill towards his house. Angel speeds up a little. Connor breathes heavily as he comes to a halt. He stares at the door. It is ajar. He looks worried and runs in. Angel pulls up behind. He gets out the car. Connor runs inside and looks around. He halts as he looks in the kitchen. His mum and dad are both sat on chairs around the table. But their heads are slumped on the table and they are lying still. Connor opens his mouth slightly. Angel arrives at the front door. He is repelled back by the invisible wall. Spike stands behind him. Angel looks round the corner and sees Connor standing near his parents still figures.

Angel: (quietly) Oh god! (louder) Connor, let me in!

Spike looks around. Connor remains still. His motherís open eye can be seen staring vaguely. A tear appears in Connorís eye. He blinks and sheds it. Angel looks onwards helplessly.

Angel: ConnorÖlet me in.

Spike looks at Angel.

Spike: Thereís no need to panic Angel. Theyíre long gone.

Angel doesnít seem to listen. He just stares at Connor sadly. A bite wound is seen on Connorís dadís neck. Connor turns round slowly. He looks at Angel, tearfully.

Angel: Connor. Please. Let me in.

Connor looks down. A sound is heard from upstairs. Connor looks up. He looks angry. He makes his way upstairs quickly.

Angel: Connor-

Connor: Come. In.

Angel runs in. Spike tries to follow but realizes the invitation was not to him. Connor looks in a door to his left, then to his right. He looks in the third door and pauses. He rushes over to the body of his sister lying on the ground, with a similar bite mark. Angel rushes in behind him.

Angel: Connor what-ÖohÖ

He frowns as he sees Connor kneeling over his sisterís body. Connor feels her pulse. His eyes light up.

Connor: Sheís not dead.

[I]Angel looks up.[/I[

Angel: What?

Angel rushes over to her and feels her pulse.

Angel: Youíre right! Look call 911 Iíll stay-

Connor: Iíll stay with her. You call them.

Angel looks at Connor.

Angel: Ok.

Connor nods slightly. He clutches his sisterís hand. Outside the rain continues to pour.

Cut to Connor sitting next to a hospital bed, early in the morning. His sister is lying unconscious with a bandage over her neck. Connor is staring at her. His face is stained with tears. He looks pale. Angel arrives with a cup of coffee.

Angel: I, uh, brought you a coffee.

Connor: Iím not thirsty.

Angel: Connor you gotta have something, you havenít slept-

Connor: I said Iím ok.
    Angel hesitates. He puts one of the cups on the table.

Angel: If you want it later, maybe.

Connor nods slightly. Angel draws up a chair and sits next to Connor.

Angel: SoÖhowís Sarah doing?

Connor: Sheís lost a lot of blood. But they said sheíll probably be ok if they can get a transfusion.

Angel: Right. Well that shouldnít be too difficult.

Connor: Yeah, sure.

Connor still looks stunned.

Angel: Connor-

Connor: You wanna talk about them? Donít. Theyíre gone.

Angel: Connor it only happened 12 hours ago, youíve hardly said a word since then. Look I know thisÖI donít know what this is, but I get youíre hurt and angry but-

Connor: Yeah Iím angry. Iím angry that world is the way it is. That these things exist. That people die for no reason.

Connor looks at Angel.

Angel: ConnorÖthere was a dealÖthat happened-

Connor: No. Donít talk to me about deals, or prophecies or whatever. I donít wanna know.

Angel: I didnít mean for something like this to happen.

Connor: I know.

Connor pauses.

Connor: You know, I rememberÖI remember you telling me you hoped that one day Iíd be ready to fight with you.

Angel: I remember too.

Connor: Yeah. Well I guessÖthat timeís come and gone.

Angel: (quietly) Yeah.

Connor looks back at his sister.

Angel: Look all I really wanna say isÖIím sorry. And if you need anythingÖa place to stay, help with moneyÖyou name it-

Connor: Youíll be there. Right, thanks.

Angel nods slowly and gets up.

Angel: I, uh, hope she wakes up soon.

Connor nods. Angel turns around and begins walking away.

Connor: Angel.

Angel stops and looks at Connor.

Connor: Donít call for a few days, ok?

Angel hesitates.

Connor nods once more and then looks away. He looks tearful. Angel watches, desperate to help. However he turns around slowly and walks away.

Cut to Fred walking through a door. She is in the demonís office once again. The demon smiles as she enters.

Demon: What made you change your mind?

Fred: IÖI saw a lot of stuff today. Stuff thatÖI donít think I can handle right now. If the offerís still going-

Demon: Take a seat.

Fred nods and walks in.

Cut to Angel walking in The Hyperion. Gunn and Gwen stand up.

Gwen: Angel, hi,

Angel: Hey.

Gunn: ManÖIím really sorry.

Angel: Thanks. But Iím ok, really. I just hate seeing him like that.

Gwen: Yeah. Do you think heíll be ok?

Angel: Eventually I think. Iím only just realizing how much this screws up his life. He canít go to college anymore, or travel, or do anything. He has to stay and look after his sister.

Angel looks grave.

Gunn: You couldnít have known this would happen.

Angel: I knew something would. And I made that deal knowing full well someone, somewhere would pay the price. I just didnít think it would be him.

Gwen and Gunn look sympathetic.

Angel: So, uh, howís Illyria?

Gwen: Spikeís with her upstairs. I think sheís ok.

Angel: Right.

Angel walks past. Gunn and Gwen look after him gravely. Cut to Angel with Spike at the doorís entrance.

Spike: She was in a bad way. But, you know Illyria, she got better pretty quickly.

Angel: Good. Iím glad.

Spike: Youíve uh, probably heard ďIím sorryĒ enough already, so how about we just leave it as this?

Spike smiles slightly and nods. He walks away. Angel walks into the room. Illyria is lying on the bed, still looking pretty rough. She looks at Angel.

Illyria: You have returned.

Angel: Yeah. You, uh, feeling better?

Illyria: I will recover.

Angel: Thatís great.

There is a pause.

Angel: So I guess that demonÖit was from your time?

Illyria: Indeed. Wolfram and Hart will be most formidable if they possess to ability to harness the power of old ones. He was one of thousands...I would not be surprised if there will be others.

Angel: Youíre right.

Illyria nods.

Illyria: You have been with your son?

Illyria: What happened?

Angel pauses.

Angel: You were right.

Illyria cocks her head. Angel looks down. The camera pans out on the two of them in silence.

THE END