Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture Resources & Requests

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

Default Picture Resources & Requests

Because people often request the same things and the same resources end getting reposting again and again, we thought it was a good time to construct a new thread, one that contains a comprehensive list of the best resources.

Please check this list before requesting help finding anything. The links here offer a ridiculous amount of pictures and chances are, what you want can be found at one of these places.

Please remember this is a resource thread not a search engine. Someone else is doing you a huge favor if they have to run their own search to find you a stock. Repeatedly asking such favors is taking advantage of others even if your request is being filled. No more specific requests such as bases with people in specific positioning. You're an artist, it's up to you to find your the base that works with your creative vision, not to repeatedly solicit others. Please remember that most artists don't find a single perfect base and instead use several bases to create their vision.

PROMOS, STILLS & SCREENCAPS.
    Spoiler:
    Sometimes the HQ promos and stills can be hard to find, especially all in one place. I also offer lot of screencaps too.
    http://black-celebration.net/caps/

These are exceptional sites that offer a wide variety of HQ captures. They are (mostly) multi-fandom. Please browse these sites before requesting specific tv shows or movies. Chances are, what you are looking for is already here. (Except movies. Sometimes you will have to look elsewhere.)

rawr-caps.net
    Caps by Emma Jane
    homeofthenutty.com
    stripedwall.com
    Toxic Caps
    Swannee's Screncaps
    Unspoken Want
    Shadow of Reflection
    Pretty as a Picture
    tvpix.net
    xfilesarchive.com

STOCKS AND STOCK TEXTURES

PRE-MADE TEXTURES

MANIPULATION BASES

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,009 Times in 989 Posts

Not a request but another very helpful site; Disparue

This site has a lot of screencaps, also from shows other sites often don't have. Like by example Mad Men and several BBC (mini-)series.

edit:
    Because it's stupid to make a new post;

Whoops, I should've looked better. Sorry... nothing to see here. :P
    Last edited by Nina; 31-01-11 at 09:25 PM.

Sunnydale High Student RedKryptonClark's Avatar
    Thanks

A couple more cool gallery sites:

I Still Believe - The X-Files Screencaps, great DVD quality caps. They also cap other David & Gillian projects.

TVPix - Nice logo-less caps for Smallville, Glee, Community, and a few others.
    Last edited by RedKryptonClark; 31-01-11 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    Not a request but another very helpful site; Disparue

This site has a lot of screencaps, also from shows other sites often don't have. Like by example Mad Men and several BBC (mini-)series.
    I already had that one in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by RedKryptonClark View Post
    A couple more cool gallery sites:

I Still Believe - The X-Files Screencaps, great DVD quality caps. They also cap other David & Gillian projects.

TVPix - Nice logo-less caps for Smallville, Glee, Community, and a few others.
    Thanks. I added them.

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Thanks

BrinneyDee/Brittany aka HisMRS has some amazing textures over at her site BrinneyDee Designs and I also provide lots of textures at my site Apple & Cinnamon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiera For This Useful Post:

HisMRS (05-10-13)

Thanks

Okay, thanks. They are added.

I should have put this in the intro but: I don't want the list to get too out of control. People are always moving and closing sites and I am worried about there being a bunch of dead links on the page! So please, no one ask for their own sites to be added unless you have been open for a significant time. You know, like 6+ months or so. I find that when dealing with my own affiliates and the like, that people like to open sites but then they just abandon them. It makes maintaining link lists tedious and time-consuming. We want to make sure we have a quality list and one without links that don't lead anywhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 571 Posts

Does anyone know where I can find Leverage Caps? Specifically, Season 3? I've searched everywhere, but the few that I've found are Christian Kane fansites that only have caps featuring him, or the caps end at S2.
    Para Bellum

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyri View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find Leverage Caps? Specifically, Season 3? I've searched everywhere, but the few that I've found are Christian Kane fansites that only have caps featuring him, or the caps end at S2.
    Here are caps for the episodes 12-16:
    http://community.livejournal.com/tru...tml?mode=reply

And you can find the rest via the "leverage" tag
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zugma View Post
    Here are caps for the episodes 12-16:
    http://community.livejournal.com/tru...tml?mode=reply

And you can find the rest via the "leverage" tag
    Oh, that's so awesome! Thank you so much!
    Para Bellum

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyri View Post
    http://leverage.fan-sites.org/

Also, in the links I provided. Y'all should really check those. http://rawr-caps.net/index.php?cat=18

Thanks

I get 95% of my leverage images from the site Jenni Lou has linked. they have the best selection I have ever found
    My Web Page of Fanart/autographs:
    CELLAR DOOR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 491 Posts

Aww, thanks for posting my link up there! I feel honored to be included in that group of artists!!

This is seriously a GREAT list of resources. Some of these sites I haven't been to because I didn't know they were out there, but now I do, so thank you!

Thanks

Question;

I often stare at the beautiful stocks at DeviantArt but since I don't have a DA acount, I'm not allowed to use those stocks because they always want you to post on their page what you made or there are even rules that artwork with their stocks can't be posted outside DA. Or you're not allowed to modify the stocks or pictures (by example a photo of a girl in a beautiful dress can't be used as a base for a manip).

Of course I give credit to the sites where I find my resources, but I dont feel like making a DA account so I can use one or two stocks.

So I was wondering;
    Are there DA members who have nice stocks to work with and who think that a credit is enough?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    Are there DA members who have nice stocks to work with and who think that a credit is enough?
    Mjranum (Jenni Lou listed them in the first post). There are also more, but I recently lost all my bookmarks and can't remember I'll share if I find them again.
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Thanks

Thank you, Only I can't see anything by Mjranum because every stock is hidden for guests and members under 18.

Maybe I do have to create an acount after all.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts

Aaaaaaarrrrrrhhhhhggg! I'm looking for caps of Season 2's All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2 which were not capped from the original airing of the episode (which have logos and are fairly small size). I've checked screencap paradise, hotn caps, oxoneinsis, rawr caps, supernaturalfansonline, winchesterbros, and spn_caps. And then every site we listed above in the screencap heading. I'm guessing S2 is the season not released on Blu-ray so capping sites have been reluctant to recap the season.

I guess I'll be using the older caps (because yay, better than none!) but I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions?

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Hey Lyn, I have it on DVD if you want I can cap it for you tomorrow?

Thanks

Lyn, are you looking for particular scenes/caps? Here are 50 stills from that episode - http://www.crossroad-blues.net/gal/galimg.php?id=301 - maybe some of these will do?

Unfortunately I lost all my bookmarks, but I'm going to try and find some actual caps for you, I think I've seen them somewhere...

ETA: I still can't find a gallery, but if you don't mind downloading a zip, check out this LJ comm: http://community.livejournal.com/true_fellings/622.html
    You need to be a member to see the post, but if you want I can just PM you direct link to the file
    Last edited by Zugma; 29-03-11 at 05:49 PM.
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts

Awww thank you for the offer, Nikki!! Thank you Zugma!! However, I'm actually looking for the scene where they've just killed the YED and John appears to them.

EDIT: Oh, the second link looks promising! I'm downloading it now to see if works! *crosses fingers* I'll edit this post after it downloads!

EDIT EDIT: Those caps look great! OMG, no logos! Thank you so much! That's a really good resource for caps, I'm bookmarking it!

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    Awww thank you for the offer, Nikki!! Thank you Zugma!! However, I'm actually looking for the scene where they've just killed the YED and John appears to them.

EDIT: Oh, the second link looks promising! I'm downloading it now to see if works! *crosses fingers* I'll edit this post after it downloads!

EDIT EDIT: Those caps look great! OMG, no logos! Thank you so much! That's a really good resource for caps, I'm bookmarking it!
    Yay, I'm glad these are okay, you're most welcome! And I actually found one more download link, just in case: http://community.livejournal.com/spn...caps/7835.html
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers