Thread: Spider-man Reboot

Bronze Party-Goer original spawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Spider-man Reboot

With the spider-man reboot already filming and with some photos i'm begining to have faith in the project, when they said they would make a reboot instead of spidey 4 i became a bit annoyed but some time after i remembered that it coould end up as a good thing, and when they anounced the director of 500 days of summer to direct this film i became even more exited.
    The story will involve a new origin to spider-man, this time he is younger and instead of mary jane they'll use Gwen Stacy, wich was Peter's original love, the villain will be the lizard who was doctor connors having accidentaly transformed himself into a giant lizard, and they'll also use an obscure character named proto-goblin who worked for oscorb and became and early version of the goblin before norman became the green goblin.
    What do you think of the project?

Thanks

An image of the film

Thanks

As a fan of rami's spidermans and what he brought to them with the first two anyway was nice, the third is rather laughable at best, but I sure hope things go well, then again I didn't like the way they did that in the begining but then I was sold. Emma stone going to her real roots that is being a blonde looks kinda promising., Andrew garfield however I don't know yet I am excited however to see how this plays out after all it can't be that bad of a thing as much as the musical I knew was going to be horrible.
    "It's Morph'in Time!"

Thanks

Here's the official Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POs-4...el_video_title
    But it has bad quality and i think that SONY did this as a publicity stunt like what happened with the girl with the dragon tatoo, considering that The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers Trailers were released some days ago in bad quality as well.
    But in fact, this one actually seems to have been well recorded

Thanks
    Thanked 3,695 Times in 1,275 Posts

Why a reboot so soon? Does it has something to do with the Avenger movie, or is Spiderman not one of them? It's rather quick for a complete new version with new actors. Even if the last movies were bad.

Thanks

Spider-man 2 was great, spider-man 3 while not so much i still kinda liked it but they decided to reboot because Sam Raimi, the director of the previous movies didn't want to return because the studio was changing things he didn't want to.
    It doesn't have anything to do with the avengers movies because Marvel Studios didn't buy the rights of spider-man yet (and won't be able to for a long time because Spidey gives SONY a bunch of money).

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 2,764 Posts

From what I've heard, they did a reboot because Sony was going to loose the rights to the franchise unless they made a movie soon. However, I'm actually REALLY happy because I was never a big fan of the original trilogy (S1 & S2 were ok, but I don't understand what's so great about them) and I love both the director and the actors in this. Andrew Garfield is really great and so is Emma Stone, and Marc Webb directed 500 Days of Summer so he's already won me over!

I love that they're making it more dark and gritty instead of so campy, I love that it's going more old-school with the mechanical web shooters, I love that they're working a lot on practical stunts instead of relying so much on CGI, I love that it's said to be more character-based rather than be reliant on action etc. And I really think that the original trilogy didn't have the legs to keep going because lets face it, they had truly exhausted the Peter/Mary Jane story line and the movies were getting quite repetitive. It was time to breathe new life into the franchise and offer something new.

I can't wait for this. I'm actually more excited for this movie than I am for either The Avengers or The Dark Knight Rises. Spiderman was always my favorite comic book hero and I always dreamed that the movies would be rebooted in some way because I was never satisfied with Raimi's take on things. So it's a dream come true for me and it couldn't have happened soon enough!
    - "The earth is doomed" -

Thanks

If we're lucky this movie can be the feel good movie of the year.
    But i hope that the First Person Point of view is only use in one scenne of the movie because it kinda seems like Mirror's Edge

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 2,764 Posts

Yeah, that was actually the only thing I didn't like about the trailer. It looked way too much like a video game for my tastes. I was sort of hoping it was done just for the teaser trailer and that it's not actually a scene from the film. However, even if it is, I wouldn't worry because I've seen production photos of a stuntman swinging around in a car chase scene so we'll definitely see it from other angles as well.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

Thanks
    Thanked 3,695 Times in 1,275 Posts

Thank you both for answering,

I never read the Spiderman comics or saw any cartoons (my father raised me to be a Batman fangirl), but I thought the last three Spiderman movies were rather dull. Like the story could be used for any super hero, it lacked it's own character or a really good story. I like super hero movies, but it needs to be more than special effects and some super hero cliches (forever alone, wants to quit until they meet an adorable kid who is a fan etc.). This trailer is the first I see of this movie and it looks good I guess, but it's too early to figure out if there is a good story. If it gets nice reviews I will go and see it.

Thanks

If i remember there are only 3 spidey films so last 3 is all 3 actually.
    I get your point, still i think the 2ns film was close to great, the best superhero movie until Batman Begins (in my humble opinion) and eventually The Dark Knight.
    I find the idea of the first person view to be a fun experience if they only use it once, like 50 secs like in the trailer, more than that would make it boring, but in 3D it may be spectacular

Graveyard Patrol doppelganger47's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't mind the whole reboot, though i was thinking, why so soon as well...the first Spiderman film was released in 2000... this one will be released next July... then i realised, wow, it's been 12 years already. doesn't seem long ago that the Spiderman trilogies were released.
    Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    I love that they're making it more dark and gritty instead of so campy, I love that it's going more old-school with the mechanical web shooters, I love that they're working a lot on practical stunts instead of relying so much on CGI, I love that it's said to be more character-based rather than be reliant on action etc. And I really think that the original trilogy didn't have the legs to keep going because lets face it, they had truly exhausted the Peter/Mary Jane story line and the movies were getting quite repetitive. It was time to breathe new life into the franchise and offer something new.
    i thought Spiderman was supposed to be a bit campy...? i just remember watching the cartoons and how lame Peter Parker's jokes were
    i always thought Tobey Maguire was the perfect Peter, because he has that geek/awkwardness about him, but i'm sure Andrew will be fine as Peter also. another whole year to wait though... i don't like that they release trailers this early.
    veronica mars: "i've got a kidney with your name on it, no questions asked."

Thanks

Anybody else watched it?
    It's actually been only 10 years since the release of the original, which is very early considering the kind of impact the original film had.

I liked it, but the villain was one of the weakest of all the movies.