Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview Pages For Buffy Season 8 #40.(Spoilers)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    I’m not bothering to engage in any kind of discussion with you anymore. Since you’ve apparently cancelled you subscription for this issue I guess it doesn’t really matter anyway as you’ll no longer be reading the comics. Best if we both just don’t speak to each other from now on and save everybody else the drama.
    Oh, so only people that actually buy the comics have the right to discuss about it?
    Sorry, i didn't know that, i walk out of it....

Thanks
    Thanked 9,313 Times in 2,829 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leyki View Post
    Oh, so only people that actually buy the comics have the right to discuss about it?
    Sorry, i didn't know that, i walk out of it....
    Oh, stop acting like the victim. I never said you didn't have a right to discuss it. I said that *I* wouldn't be discussing it with you anymore because it'll save everybody else the drama. And, yeah, forgive me if I assume that when somebody says “I’m cancelling my subscription!” it means that they’ll no longer be reading the comics because... they cancelled their subscription?
    Last edited by vampmogs; 03-01-11 at 01:11 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Oh, stop acting like the victim. I never said you didn't have a right to discuss it. I said that *I* wouldn't be discussing it with you anymore because it'll save everybody else the drama. And, yeah, forgive me if I assume that when somebody says “I’m cancelling my subscription!” it means that they’ll no longer be reading the comics because... they cancelled their subscription?
    Or saving my money for sth else that somebody else respects me as a consumer or as a buyer and not treat me like a 4 years old.
    I can still read it without paying, if they ever decide to be professionals about it, i'll reconsider paying for it.
    Last edited by leyki; 03-01-11 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks

leyki, if you want to continue having this discussion then you can PM me because we're derailing the thread.

To try and steer the conversation back on track...

Wexina just posted on Whedonesque this tiny little tease;

"The preview was cut short at page 4 for a reason. Trust me... /cryptic comment."

So that's why this preview seems to be so small. Apparently whatever happens on the 4th page would be far too spoilery to show. Any guesses?

Evil Twin
    Thanks

So that's why this preview seems to be so small. Apparently whatever happens on the 4th page would be far too spoilery to show. Any guesses?
    Maybe. First off, is the person on the last panel Kennedy or Satsu?
    “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PointMan View Post
    Maybe. First off, is the person on the last panel Kennedy or Satsu?
    I definitely think its Kennedy. It's consistent with how Jeanty has drawn her throughout the season and she's got a darker complexion than Satsu. What’s your idea?

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

I think Kennedy is packing up and leaving Willow and she is mad. I think she finally learned what Willow had been up to.

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Buffy DID after all refer to the cow explicitly in the show, and there was after all only the tail of the chicken on the hat. And it might have been a roosters tail.
    But there was after all a chicken part on it., and in any case this might just be referring to perhaps another job she's had, we don't know that. Maybe she had a chicken-hat in another of these past months. And in any case, on the basis of symbolism, all hats with animals are worse than a regular waitress job I think.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,858 Posts

No, because it is a flashback of her comment in season 6, sth that they totally forgot about it.
    The reference to the hat in 8.40 is factually correct. And this right after I thought the "Buffy hates Spike, she didn't save his life thoroughly enough" complaint was the least credible of Season 8.

Or saving my money for sth else that somebody else respects me as a consumer or as a buyer and not treat me like a 4 years old.
    I can still read it without paying, if they ever decide to be professionals about it, i'll reconsider paying for it.
    In the spirit of capitalism, since I like the preview, I'm gonna buy an additional copy of 8.40 to negate your protest vote. Now even if you do have to buy a copy to talk about it, you can, because I bought you a copy and kept it.

I also don't think Kennedy is talking about whatever Buffy is talking about -- just that her feelings relate to what Buffy is getting as feedback elsewhere, just out of context. Generic Slayer, for instance, would say to Buffy what Kennedy is saying... to someone else... about something else.

Banner by LRae12

Evil Twin
    Thanks

I definitely think its Kennedy. It's consistent with how Jeanty has drawn her throughout the season and she's got a darker complexion than Satsu. What’s your idea?
    Oh well if its Kennedy then my theory is wrong. My thought was that Buffy is living in San Francisco, pretty much the gay capitol of at least the U.S. so maybe whats on the next page is Satsu getting dressed and Buffy lying on the bed, showing that they've started a relationship or something. But like I said, if its Kennedy then that theory goes up in flames.
    “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 613 Posts

And this right after I thought the "Buffy hates Spike, she didn't save his life thoroughly enough" complaint was the least credible of Season 8.
    Oh hon, I actually didn't say that she hated him, but she just didn't care. Get ya facts straight.

Thanks

Oh well if its Kennedy then my theory is wrong. My thought was that Buffy is living in San Francisco, pretty much the gay capitol of at least the U.S. so maybe whats on the next page is Satsu getting dressed and Buffy lying on the bed, showing that they've started a relationship or something. But like I said, if its Kennedy then that theory goes up in flames.
    Yeah I really do think it's Kennedy and Buffy seems pleased that she's surrounded by more cute guys after spending so long with just girls, which wouldn't sound right if she was in a relationship with Satsu. I think it's a neat theory though and I haven't seen anyone else mention it so at least it's creative and fresh!

I think LostSoul might be onto something about Kennedy packing up and leaving Willow.

I just realized that (unless it all happens in flashbacks) Xander, Spike and Willow must all be living in San Francisco too because Buffy is meant to have conversations with all of them throughout the issue. Since she can no longer have someone teleport her they must all be in pretty close proximity to each other. I guess Spike could travel in his ship but I think the rest must all be living pretty close.
    Last edited by vampmogs; 03-01-11 at 01:33 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    The reference to the hat in 8.40 is factually correct. And this right after I thought the "Buffy hates Spike, she didn't save his life thoroughly enough" complaint was the least credible of Season 8.
    When did i say that again?
    My memory is fooling me and it's already 1.30 here in Brussels,
    or maybe am i sleepwalking or better sleepwriting and i don't know what am i writing when or where?

In the spirit of capitalism, since I like the preview, I'm gonna buy an additional copy of 8.40 to negate your protest vote. Now even if you do have to buy a copy to talk about it, you can, because I bought you a copy and kept it.
    Oh, thanks, very thoughtful of you!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,286 Posts

That's pretty much the one thing relationship-wise I'm sure is not gonna happen. Well, the one thing other than Buffy immediately forgiving Angel and living with him happily ever after.

It's not Satsu in the panel, the girl doesn't look Asian.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Evil Twin
    Thanks

I think LostSoul might be onto something about Kennedy packing up and leaving Willow.
    Maybe Buffy, Willow and Kennedy got an apartment together? It makes me wonder who is running things as far as the Slayers go?(crosses fingers its Xander!)

They don't all have to be living in the same city. Buffy could be teleconferencing with Dawn and Xander.
    Last edited by PointMan; 03-01-11 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks

Maybe Buffy, Willow and Kennedy got an apartment together? It makes me wonder who is running things as far as the Slayers go?(crosses fingers its Xander!)
    I have nothing to base this on but I kinda assume that the slayers wont' have a leader at all anymore. I could totally be wrong but after S8 I expect that all of The Scoobies will have wanted to leave that life behind then (Xander said as much in 8.37 anyway) and try and have some normalcy.

They don't all have to be living in the same city. Buffy could be teleconferencing with Dawn and Xander.
    True. However, I think Joss will probably prefer to meet them face-to-face as it has the potential to be more emotionally satisfying than a conversation over a phone or cam.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LostSoul View Post
    I think Kennedy is packing up and leaving Willow and she is mad. I think she finally learned what Willow had been up to.
    I have the exact opposite theory. Kennedy is taking care of Willow - changing the sheets on her bed - after she was crippled by her fall in 8.39. She's angry at Buffy because she blames her for doing that to Willow.

Library Researcher
    Thanks

I'm going to guess that Kennedy or whoever that is, is going to be sort of a spokesperson and recapper who explains exactly why everyone is being all "clumsy".
    I'm also going to guess Buffy chose to not be leader anymore and that is going to be one of the reasons.
    And this is all so annoying! It feels as though going back to basics, real life working girl-Buffy was the point of s8, yet isn't that pretty much how s8 could've started? Instead of skipping ahead to Buffy being supreme leader, she should've gotten this job in the first issue of s8.
    Now it's like they're doing it the wrong direction, and skipping months again and just ignoring the natural progression altogether. It really isn't what's being shown that's bugging me, I like that they're going back to basics actually, it's all the things that aren't being shown.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meiter View Post
    I'm going to guess that Kennedy or whoever that is, is going to be sort of a spokesperson and recapper who explains exactly why everyone is being all "clumsy".
    Buffy was just being kind by using that word. That girl wasn't being "clumsy", she intentionally tripped Buffy up because she's pissed off at her. Buffy implies that a lot of people have been doing that in San Francisco, all girls, which insinuates that either witches or slayers are angry with her.

The slayers still have their powers. Allie has confirmed this in numerous interviews and Buffy is able to catch the tray without spilling any of her coffees because of her slayer reflexes.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meiter View Post
    I'm also going to guess Buffy chose to not be leader anymore and that is going to be one of the reasons.
    And this is all so annoying! It feels as though going back to basics, real life working girl-Buffy was the point of s8, yet isn't that pretty much how s8 could've started? Instead of skipping ahead to Buffy being supreme leader, she should've gotten this job in the first issue of s8.
    Now it's like they're doing it the wrong direction, and skipping months again and just ignoring the natural progression altogether. It really isn't what's being shown that's bugging me, I like that they're going back to basics actually, it's all the things that aren't being shown.
    This reminds me of the big controversy over the time jump in Battlestar Galactica season 2 finale. I always thought it was brilliant; whether the time jump in #40 will be, it remains to be seen, but I hope they do some sort of flashbacks to the events after #39 as well as flashbacks to the missing time between "Chosen" and season 8, like BSG did in season 3.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.