Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Top 5 (or more!) Favourite Ships of All Time

Thanks

I saw one or two mentioned from movies, which might help me make a Top 5.. Here goes.. In no order..

Ducky/Andie (Pretty in Pink) - I don't think I could have picked a more girly movie than that. However, when I was in high-school, I think many people once compared me to Ducky. So that character and their would-be relationship makes my list. I never get tired of pulling for Ducky!!

Don/Better Draper (Mad Men) - Do you ever look at that old artwork and there is a generic white couple representing a family husband and wife from back in the day.. I think they are based from those drawlings. Althought darker on the inside, the couple looks so right next to each other. The couple, the show, the idea is awesome.

Joey/Pacey (Dawson's Creek) - I liked that I saw them mentioned higher up. While the show was probably ment for Joey to hook up with Dawson, she just fitted so much better with Pacey. Although, I think I can relate with Dawson more, I think Pacey was just a much more likable guy.

Kelly Taylor/Brandon Walsh (90210) - I havent watched this show since I was in elementry school, however I remember liking this couple so much. Their relationship seemed to come out of nowhere and they were so right for each other. Both of them were good people coming who typically came out of bad relationships and then they ended up with one another. Good stuff..

Spuffy (BtVS) - I had to save a slot for a Buffy character. I probably could have picked all five of my favorite ships from this show. While I dig all of Willows and Xander's relationships.. I gotta go Spuffy all the way!!

banner made by my homegirl {HisMRS}

Thanks

Oh I love ships. Although I must say I ship really weird couples most of them non existed in the TV world and sprung from either my imagination or that of good fanfic writers.

Anyway here are mine:

Buffy/Angel
    : this got me into shipping, TV, this forum, art, being obsessed and crazy over couples, everything. They are my all time favourite and I love them, after years I can still get into this couple and cry and laugh along with them. So they are number one for me.

Darla/Angel(us): I just adore these two probably the most intense, interesting and complicated relationship I have ever seen.

Cameron/House: I like them more then the Cuddy/House thing I just loved Camerons innocence in there relationship and the way House helped her grow into adulthood really
    Spoiler:

Severus Snape/Lily Evans: Damn you lily for choosing Potter damn you!!! Lol no seriously I ship Snape with everyone but I really love these two in the book(s)

Ten/Rose:
    they just break my heart

Suddenly realizing I actually ship the same couple the whole time the sarcastic, brooding, lonely bastard falling for the young blond (or redhead)
    Last edited by Mara; 09-01-11 at 12:50 PM.

Sunnydale High Student RedKryptonClark's Avatar
    Thanks

1) Lois & Clark - Smallville: Lois is the only girl who over the years has ever made Clark really HAPPY. She's always been one who doesn't blow sunshine up his rear, tells things to him straight, and challenges him on an emotional level. It's why they're soulmates

2) Chandler & Monica - Friends: I think ever since the early years whenever Chandler would drop little hints about him being willing to be Monica's back-up guy, I wanted these 2 together. I was so excited when they started dating. And their hiding their relationship made for some of the funniest Friends moments ever.

3) Anakin & Padme - Star Wars: Who doesn't love a tragic love story w/ 2 people from different classes who are forbidden to fall in love?

4) Max & Liz - Roswell - Roswell was sorta based on Romeo & Juliet, you were supposed to ship these 2, kudos, the plan worked I hated that Liz constantly got crapped on though

5) Reyes & Doggett - The X-Files: I actually never shipped Mulder and Scully (felt that Scully could do better) but I always rooted for Reyes and Doggett in the later seasons. Gish & Patrick had nice chemistry and their character really meshed well personality wise with each other.

Thanks

Order changes all the time, but right at this very moment --

1) Spike/Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
    2) Ulquiorra/Orihime (Bleach)
    3) Doctor/Rose (Doctor Who)
    4) Erik/Christine (Phantom of the Opera:: theatre)
    5) Norrington/Elisabeth (Pirates of the Caribbean)

And then, in no particular order --

Wesley/Illyria (Angel)
    Zuko/Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender:: television series)
    Topher/Claire (Dollhouse)
    Han/Leia (Star Wars)
    Barney/Robin (How I Met Your Mother)
    Logan/Veronica (Veronica Mars)
    Nathan/Kelly (Misfits)
    Tyler/Caroline (The Vampire Diaries)
    Dumbledore/Grindelwald (Harry Potter)

(set made by Francy for me)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,264 Posts

1. Buffy & Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

2. Josh & Della (Night and Day) - this is a very obscure cult UK show (something like a British Twin Peaks, but even more bizarre in some ways, while more realistic and character-driven in others) that few people have seen, but I think almost everyone who ever watched it was deeply invested in this couple, they had such a great love story and it's one of those cases where you really felt they loved each other and were perfect for each other and had to root for them. The episodes are extremely hard to find, but you can see some videos from the show here.

3. Anna & Miles (This Life) - not many people here probably know about this show, but it was quite popular in UK in mid-1990s (though I saw it a few years later). It was about 5 twenty-something friends sharing a flat in London, and it a very realistic drama shot in almost documentary style (with explicit language, sex, and drug use) with wit and humor, with great acting and writing. Those two had an on-off, will-they-won't-they love-hate relationship, and it was one of the best dynamics ever, with great chemistry and snarking at each other and hiding their deeper feelings.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxqiJNkENek
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydt63brUAWI

4. Nikita & Michael (La Femme Nikita)
    (the Canadian series with Peta Wilson and Roy Dupuis)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXlUj-r6QrA

5. Niles & Daphne (Frasier)

6. Virginia & Wolf (The 10th Kingdom)

7. Gaius Baltar & Caprica Six (Battlestar Galactica)
    (and by extension, Baltar/Head Six and Caprica/Head Baltar... Baltar/Gina is also worth mentioning)
    - it would be higher if the show didn't screw up their story so much in the last one and a half seasons

8. Ryan O'Reilly & Gloria Nathan (Oz)
    - so wrong it's right

9. Tim & Dawn (The Office UK)

10. Chief Tyrol & Boomer (Battlestar Galactica)
    - it was just so sad, and I wanted those two to have a happy ending.... grrrr.... bad show, bad

Other ships I have enjoyed:

Angel & Darla (Angel)
    Kira & Odo (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
    Chris Keller & Tobias Beecher (Oz)
    - another one that's so wrong it's right
    Cate & Baze (Life Unexpected)
    Christopher & Adriana (The Sopranos)
    Xander & Anya (Buffy TVS)
    Angela & Brian (My So-Called Life)
    Sun & Jin (LOST)
    Claire Fisher & Billy Chenowith (Six Feet Under)
    Nate Fisher & Brenda Chenowith (Six Feet Under)
    David Fisher & Keith Charles (Six Feet Under)
    Wesley & Lilah (Angel)
    Willow & Oz (Buffy TVS)
    Kara & Leoben (Battlestar Galactica)
    Helo & Athena (Battlestar Galactica)
    - until season 4, when I started hating her
    Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 30-01-11 at 05:37 PM.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOats View Post
    Looks to me like she doesn't ship Willow and Tara, or Giles and Jenny!

Edit-- I have some new ships!

Cate and Ryan from Life Unexpected
    Baze and Emma from Life Unexpected
    Sydney Bristow and Will Tippin from Alias
    and Jack Bristow and Irina Derevko from Alias!
    1. Spike/Buffy (BtVS) will always be #1 for me - My interest in them has never wavered.

2. Monica/Chandler (Friends) - I always wanted this to happen and one of my first regular haunts on the internet many years ago was a Chandler/monica shipping site. I liked it when they got together but as they settled into domesticity my interest did wane a little bit. Although I rewatched friends recently and found their relationship very genuine and realistic and was impressed by them all over again.

3. Sawyer/Juliet (lost) - Guh, I love this couple. My god, that final episode - the vending machine! the coffee date! made it all worthwhile.

4. Jack/Jennifer (Days of our lives) yeah, this is a throwback to my teenage soap infatuation. J & J kept me watching that crazy show for waaaay too long!

5. Barney/Robin - love this couple. Loved the build-up, hated the resolution. My son has a theory that Barney and Robin are not done yet and that in the end, we'll find that they are 'Aunt Robin' and 'Uncle Barney' are indeed old and married to each other.

Thanks

So first of course there's Spike and Buffy. Nothing can and most probably will not ever top them as they're the one and only book or TV pairing that I've actually shipped in the sense that I re- and re-watch their scenes, I discuss them in the forums, I search for the fanart, I think (or is obsess the verb :P?) about them. Etc. I think I don't have to explain why I like them because that seems to be quite self-explanatory

But there are some more pairings that I have really really liked:
    Cole & Phoebe from Charmed. That was a beautiful story and I too really did not like what the writers did with it. Pity. But powerful story nevertheless.
    Chuck & Blair from Gossip Girl. What a chemistry. What a cool and perfectly matching pair. Now that the 4th season is showing I've lost my interest just a little bit but for three seasons this amazing couple was my sole reason for watching the show.
    Robin & Barney from HIMYM. Loved the slow build-up. True bro-love. And it could have been so great and different and non-conventional. Hate what the writers did to them. But will start watching the show again as soon as I hear they've done something about it.
    Sookie & Eric from TrueBlood. Great pairing (mainly because of Eric of course ), cannot wait for Season 4.
    Carrie & Mr Big from Sex and the City. Yeah I know, Mr Big was actually a kind of cardboard-character without any personality and what with the him returning in the end of the show and the happy ever after? But I really felt for Carrie because of this throughout the show and kind of understand what her deal was. (Have my reasons I guess )

Honorable mentions:
    Damon & Elena from Vampire Diaries. Loved them in S1 but now ... IDK, jury is still out.
    Topher & Bennett from Dollhouse. So very very very adorable! If only we could have seen them more!
    Cordy & Angel. They were great. Complemented each other in every way possible. They made each other better persons.
    Lilah & Wesley. Exquisite. So painful and messed up yet so right. Why didn't Wesley see it?
    ---
    Ships that never happened:
    Harry & Luna from Harry Potter. Would have been perfect. Both in the books and in the movies. That Ginny-story was so weird and just weak and overall very meh.
    Reformed!Alpha & Echo from Dollhouse. I'm more than sure that we would have seen that would there have been S3. What with Alpha with Paul as one personality and the angst that that would create. Plus the guilt thing because of his past both as Alpha and his body's "real" self. It would have been great storyline.
    Kaylee & Jayne from Firefly. I think there could have been something interesting. And first episodes kind of indicate they might have explored that hadn't the show ended so early. Sigh.
    banner by litzie avatar by diane

Thanks

Angela & Brian (My So-Called Life)
    David Fisher & Keith Charles (Six Feet Under)
    both good mentionings!!! forgot about both of those.. they woulda made it!!

banner made by my homegirl {HisMRS}

Thanks
    Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,264 Posts

Now that I've seen the first 2 seasons of Veronica Mars, I'll add Veronica/Logan to the list.

And speaking of Kristen Bell, I forgot - I liked Elle/Sylar on Heroes - and was so disappointed and angry when the writers decided to forget that she ever existed. Just another instance of crappy writing on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
    2. Veronica/Duncan (Veronica Mars)
    Not really popular, but I am a suck for first loves and honestly Veronica will always love Duncan. My favorite parts of season 1 where watching there two interact knowing they both loved each other, but unable to be together. Plus learning that Duncan thought they were brother and sister. Season 2 I really enjoyed them together and it was heart breaking to see Veronica having to let Duncan go, but helping him get his daughter back.
    I'm sure she will always love him, but she stopped being in love with him - I'm not sure at which point, but it may have been before he even left, if not, then it was shortly after. And honestly the only reason she went back to him in season 2 was because of Logan's self-destructive behavior during the summer and because she saw Duncan as safer and more reliable. Not to mention that in season 2 finale even her perfect fantasy dream about life that could have been if Lilly hadn't been murdered included Duncan there, but Logan (a nice and loving Logan) as Veronica's boyfriend.
    Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 14-03-11 at 03:57 AM.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

Spike/Drusilla

Spike/Buffy (hopefully Buffy becomes immortal so this relationship could actually be long-term.

Mal/Inara , though it really happened.

Mr. and Mrs. Bartlett

Even though some 'ships in Battlestar Galatica are great, the whole God-did-everything makes the 'ships kinda meaningless.

Adding more words to get over the 100 character thing.
    Last edited by MikeB; 21-03-11 at 11:16 PM. Reason: adding words because of the 100 character thing

Thanks

Spike/Buffy
    Hermione/Sirius Black
    Agent Cooper/Audrey (Twin Peaks- I'm dating myself, here)
    Veronica/Logan
    Victor/Sienna (Dollhouse)

Thanks

Jossverse:
    Angel/Buffy (stop trashing their beautiful tragedy, Joss!)
    Angel(us)/Darla
    Wesley/Fred
    Spike/Drusilla

Whoverse:
    Ten/Rose
    Two/Jamie (platonic friendship--odd couple, wacky uncle or father/son)
    Jamie/Victoria
    Jamie/Zoe
    Ian/Barbara
    Three/Jo
    Four/Romana I & II
    Four/Sarah Jane
    Eleven/Amy

Roswell:
    Max/Liz
    Michael/Maria

Heroes:
    Sylar/Claire
    Sylar/Elle

The Vampire Diaries:
    Stefan/Elena

Bones:
    Booth/Bones

TVLand:
    Ricky/Lucy
    Tony/Jeannie

Movies:
    Han/Leia
    Indy/Marion
    Wolfi/Stanzi
    Mickey/Judy (Andy/Betsy, etc...)
    Georg/Maria
    Tom-Tom/Bo Peep
    Casper/Kat
    Duckie/Andie
    Westley/Buttercup
    Milner/Carol

Animated:
    Peter/Wendy
    Phillip/Aurora
    Eric/Ariel
    Aladdin/Jasmine
    Cornelius/Thumbelina
    Dimitri/Anastasia

So much forbidden romance. LOL. I'm with the above poster who realized that they 'ship the same couple a lot.
    Last edited by NileQT87; 08-04-11 at 02:06 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Thanks

Here are the following ships for me, and there's no need to explain why:

Buffyverse
    Buffy/Riley
    Angel/Cordy
    Wesley/Fred
    Giles/Jenny
    Gunn/Anne
    Connor/Gwen
    Spike/Drusilla

Scooby Doo
    Fred/Daphne

Ronin Wariors
    Ryo/Mia

Voltron
    Keith/Allura
    Sven/Romelle
    Lotor/Merla - For the sake of Lotor leaving Allura alone.

Smallville
    Chloe/Oliver
    Lois/Clark
    Clark/Lana

NOT FADE AWAY

An Angel continuity/crossover with Power Rangers
    Coming Soon!!

Sunnydale High Student Buffy Fan 92's Avatar
    Thanks

1. BONES- Booth/Brennan (Semperance): I think their characters have great chemistry, both emotionally and sexually. However, I think the writers need to stop jerking us around and get those two together before they hit the just friends stage, where it would be awkward for them to be a couple.

2. Castle- Castle/Beckett (Caskett): Like Booth and Bones, they have great chemistry.I think they should consider getting them together next season or the one after.

3. NCIS- Tony/Ziva (Tiva): Again, great chemistry. If you don't believe me watch episode 3.08 "Under Covers" HOT!

4. BtVS- Buffy/Giles (Guffy): You may be surprised but this is actually one of the most popular, if not the most popular of Giles pairings. I don't think the writers would have been able to make it work on the show, but I've read some great fanfictions and I've studied the subtext a lot and I believe that if a writer were to be devoted enough they can make a beautiful Buffy/Giles relationship work with both of them in character. Timing is also an important factor since pre-season 4 Buffy was still a student and Giles a librarian (not to mention Buffy's feelings toward Angel). We know from canon that Giles is attracted to younger women (Jenny Calendar was maybe 30 and Olivia while not as young as Jenny was still younger than Giles) who are independent with a sarcastic wit. We also know from canon that Buffy is attracted to older men (both Spike and Angel are well over 200 if you use Giles' estimation of Spike's age in "School Hard", Parker and Riley were also a couple years older). I know what many of you are thinking, but Spike and Angel looked young, true, however by seasons 6 and seven Spike was definitely starting to look older, I'd say that in some episodes he looked as old as Season 1 Giles, and I think that most people would agree that even in later seasons Giles is a handsome man. We also know from Buffy's relationships with Riley and Spike that she has a very healthy sexual appetite, and having been described as a 'stevedore' Giles is perfectly able to keep up. We also know that it would be difficult for either Buffy or Giles to date anyone that's not "in the know" when it comes to demons. I don't really want to argue it, this is just how I see it. There's an entire thread about it in the Character Ships and Discussions forum if you're so inclined.

5. AtS- Wesley/Fred: I thought Wesley and Fred would have made a cute couple, and for some reason I really didn't like Gunn. He just always seemed so arrogant to me.
    Last edited by Buffy Fan 92; 27-04-11 at 11:47 PM.

Evil Twin
    Thanks

Buffy and Xander: This one needs no further explanation. They aren't my first ship, that honor would go to Bashir and Jadzia, but they are the one I've always been most invested in.

Veronica and Malone: From The Lost World TV show in case anyone is confused. They were so cute together.

Bashir and Jadzia: I hated that they had her marry Worf and then killed her off. Stupid Worf.

Harry Kim and 7 of 9: Yet another disappointment. There was a lot of potential there and as seems to often be the case the writers just didn't see it.

Tim and Abby: This one at least has a chance. Anyone can see they are crazy about each other.

Charlie and Claire
    : Yeah I know most people are into the big ones like Jack/Kate, but I loved the relationship that developed between Charlie and Claire. It was one of my favorite things about Lost.

Reed and Hoshi: Enterprise didn't last very long sadly, but I think this would have been nice to see.

Daniel and Sam
    : There were just so many signs and yet ultimately they wound up pairing her off with Jack. It's like these people flunked writing class or something.

Cloe and Clark: Not the popular option and it was obvious from the beginning it didn't have a chance, since they wanted to stick as close to comic canon as possible, but I think it would have been awesome if they had gone there.
    Last edited by PointMan; 28-04-11 at 07:23 AM.
    “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

1. Spike/Buffy
    This is the one pairing that captured me enough to get obsessed with. And no matter what happens in the comic, I'll always have fanfic.

2. Vincent/Catherine
    I cared. Got me right in the heart.

3. Monica/Chandler
    I didn't care all that much, but I thought they were a great enjoyable couple as opposed to Joey and Rachel that made me stop watching.

4. Spike and Dawn as friends.The loss of that friendship hurt a lot. I found it endearing and important for both of them. Very sad.

5. Liz and Max
    I loved their chemistry when Roswell started. Shiri had an incredible ability to express emotion with her eyes. However I guess I don't have much tolerance for getting jerked around because I eventually stopped watching.
    Last edited by Xane; 30-04-11 at 07:44 PM. Reason: symmetry

Thanks

Buffy/Angel (BtvS) - They were my first ship... So romantic and cute (Of course there's loads of trauma.. but still

Phoeby/Cole (Charmed) - So much love I loved them together, they were wonderful and I hate how they were broken up and then torn apart

Dean/Lisa (SN) - Seems like real love there

Chuck/Blair (Gossip Girl) - tension, chemistry

David/Keith (Six Feet Under) - loving, complicated, but very sweet. (Plus Keith is totally hot!)
    Veronica/Logan (Veronica Mars)

Thanks

Clarence + Alabama - True Romance
    Buffy + Spike - Buffy
    Seth + Summer - The O.C
    Bones + Booth - Bones
    Buffy + Angel - Buffy

Thanks

Katherine/Stefan ( The Vampire Diaries ): In ways this has become my favorite 'ship and the most interesting.

Spike/Drusilla is my second favorite now.

Buffy/Spike although given Season 8 and Season 9 so far, my 'shipping is lessening.
    Spoiler:
    Spike's been distant, Buffy may get with someone else, etc.

Mal/Inara , though it never happened.

Even though some 'ships in Battlestar Galatica are great, the whole God-did-everything makes the 'ships kinda meaningless.

Thanks

TV:
    Spike & Faith (BtVS - Completely uncannon, but had to mention it lol)
    Buffy & Angel (BtVS)
    Lois & Clark (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman)
    Roger & Joan (Mad Men)
    Willow & Xander (BTVS - can you tell I'm a seasons 1-3 freak?)
    Michael & Maria (Roswell)
    Mulder & Scully (The X-Files)
    Mary & Matthew (Downton Abbey)
    Echo & Paul (Dollhouse)
    Brisco & Dixie (The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.)
    Louis & Tawny (Even Stevens)

Film:
    Indy & Marion (Indiana Jones franchise)
    Hercules & Megara (Hercules - yes, the cartoon :P)
    Leia Organa & Han Solo (Star Wars)
    Julie & Randy (Valley Girl)
    Sarah & Chris (The Craft)
    Sam & Mikaela (Transformers)
    Ron & Hermione (Harry Potter)
    Sean & Ashley (Orange County)
    Last edited by Faith; 23-11-11 at 12:11 PM.
    You always run away when I come around...