Merlin & Morgana (Merlin)
    Cole & Phoebe (Charmed)
    Buffy and Spike
    Draco & Hermione (Harry Potter)
    Damon & Elena (Vampire Diaries)

Konoha Green Beast!
    Thanks

Oh snap do I got ships to sail

1) Finn and Marceline! (Adventure Time!) I adore this so much! I think I have a thing for Tsundere

2) Kim and Tommy (Power Rangers) My first true ship!

3) Shinji and Misato (NGE) I'm sick sick man

4) Superman and Wonder Woman! Mark Waid and Alan Moore just made me love the idea so much I couldn't resist.

5) Casey Jones and April O'neil (TMNT) Man did I love that as a kid when I saw those movies

Thanks
    Thanked 3,444 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    1. Buffy & Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

2. Josh & Della (Night and Day) - this is a very obscure cult UK show (something like a British Twin Peaks, but even more bizarre in some ways, while more realistic and character-driven in others) that few people have seen, but I think almost everyone who ever watched it was deeply invested in this couple, they had such a great love story and it's one of those cases where you really felt they loved each other and were perfect for each other and had to root for them. The episodes are extremely hard to find, but you can see some videos from the show here.

3. Anna & Miles (This Life) - not many people here probably know about this show, but it was quite popular in UK in mid-1990s (though I saw it a few years later). It was about 5 twenty-something friends sharing a flat in London, and it a very realistic drama shot in almost documentary style (with explicit language, sex, and drug use) with wit and humor, with great acting and writing. Those two had an on-off, will-they-won't-they love-hate relationship, and it was one of the best dynamics ever, with great chemistry and snarking at each other and hiding their deeper feelings.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxqiJNkENek
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydt63brUAWI

4. Nikita & Michael (La Femme Nikita)
    (the Canadian series with Peta Wilson and Roy Dupuis)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXlUj-r6QrA

5. Niles & Daphne (Frasier)

6. Virginia & Wolf (The 10th Kingdom)

7. Gaius Baltar & Caprica Six (Battlestar Galactica)
    (and by extension, Baltar/Head Six and Caprica/Head Baltar... Baltar/Gina is also worth mentioning)
    - it would be higher if the show didn't screw up their story so much in the last one and a half seasons

8. Ryan O'Reilly & Gloria Nathan (Oz)
    - so wrong it's right

9. Tim & Dawn (The Office UK)

10. Chief Tyrol & Boomer (Battlestar Galactica)
    - it was just so sad, and I wanted those two to have a happy ending.... grrrr.... bad show, bad

Other ships I have enjoyed:

Angel & Darla (Angel)
    Kira & Odo (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
    Chris Keller & Tobias Beecher (Oz)
    - another one that's so wrong it's right
    Cate & Baze (Life Unexpected)
    Christopher & Adriana (The Sopranos)
    Xander & Anya (Buffy TVS)
    Angela & Brian (My So-Called Life)
    Sun & Jin (LOST)
    Claire Fisher & Billy Chenowith (Six Feet Under)
    Nate Fisher & Brenda Chenowith (Six Feet Under)
    David Fisher & Keith Charles (Six Feet Under)
    Wesley & Lilah (Angel)
    Willow & Oz (Buffy TVS)
    Kara & Leoben (Battlestar Galactica)
    Helo & Athena (Battlestar Galactica)
    - until season 4, when I started hating her
    Before this goes into dead threads, I'll add some more. It looks like I thought it was only about TV couples, but I see that others have mentioned pairings from other media, too...

Since I've read The Hunger Games books since the last time I posted this, Katniss/Peeta are now among my all-time favorite couples. Oddly enough, I wasn't particularly invested in the trilogy's romantic plot until the second half of the second book, but after reading all of it, what an amazing story. I like Finnick/Annie too, but I couldn't get as invested since we rarely saw that much of Annie.

Some of my old favorite literature pairings include Heathcliff & Cathy (Wuthering Heights), The Master & Margarita (eponymous novel by Bulgakov), Dimitri & Grushenka, Ivan & Katerina Ivanovna (The Brothers Karamazov), Lori and Boone (Cabal by Clive Barker).

Favorite movie pairings include Sarah Connor & Kyle Reese (The Terminator), Batman & Catwoman (Batman Returns... but I do like the The Dark Knight Rises versions, too), Sam & Pilar (Lone Star), Cahit & Sibel (Gegen die Wand), Harold & Maude.

And, while I haven't read many comics, I have read Joss' run of Astonishing X-Men a few months ago, and he made me love Emma Frost/Scott Summers, as well as Kitty Pryde/Colossus. (This is the comic where my signature quote comes from.)
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,705 Times in 3,191 Posts

I don't actually have many which might be why I love Spuffy so much...
    1 - Spike/Buffy (BtVS)
    2 - Willow/Oz (BtVS)
    3 - Crichton/Aeryn Sun (Farscape)

Yep, that's about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I don't actually have many which might be why I love Spuffy so much...
    1 - Spike/Buffy (BtVS)
    2 - Willow/Oz (BtVS)
    3 - Crichton/Aeryn Sun (Farscape)

Yep, that's about it.
    I need to get Farscape and watch it all the way through one of these days. I've seen most of season 1 and odd episodes of season 2 and 3 on TV, and it looked really fun and unconventional for a SciFi show (I'm embarrassed to say that, when it was on TV earlier, I was put off by the muppets! I was such a cliche! ), with really interesting characters, and John/Aeryn seemed like a great couple (though some of my friends on LJ say that they became 'unbearable' by season 4?). I had heard about Farscape long before, but I guess I expected it to be cheesier and not so interesting. Whenever I used to see pictures of Ben Browder, I didn't like him because of his conventional square-jawed All-American good looks. It's a whole different story when you finally see the show, since Crichton is so not a conventional SciFi hero!!!

You make me feel silly now for listing so many ships but as I mentioned, I listed those I just like in addition to those I really love. I don't actually look for Youtube videos or fanmixes for all of those...just some of those.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Library Researcher Tranquillity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillity View Post
    1. Spike/Buffy (BtVS) will always be #1 for me - My interest in them has never wavered.

2. Monica/Chandler (Friends) - I always wanted this to happen and one of my first regular haunts on the internet many years ago was a Chandler/monica shipping site. I liked it when they got together but as they settled into domesticity my interest did wane a little bit. Although I rewatched friends recently and found their relationship very genuine and realistic and was impressed by them all over again.

3. Sawyer/Juliet (lost) - Guh, I love this couple. My god, that final episode - the vending machine! the coffee date! made it all worthwhile.

4. Jack/Jennifer (Days of our lives) yeah, this is a throwback to my teenage soap infatuation. J & J kept me watching that crazy show for waaaay too long!

5. Barney/Robin - love this couple. Loved the build-up, hated the resolution. My son has a theory that Barney and Robin are not done yet and that in the end, we'll find that they are 'Aunt Robin' and 'Uncle Barney' are indeed old and married to each other.
    Since we're adding to our lists I've got to add a couple:

Dean/Lisa (Supernatural) - I'm fascinated by this one and hope we can have some more to their story one day (and this relationship does seem, to me at least, like the 'elephant in the room' with current events on SPN)

Thor/Jane - I just really like the dynamic in the movie and really look forward to seeing more in the next one. I also really love Pepper/Tony (Ironman/Avengers) too!

Oh, and I've just watched the first Season of Once Upon a Time and I'm totally on board with RumBelle (Rumplestiltskin(Mr. Gold)/Belle)
    Last edited by Tranquillity; 24-11-12 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,705 Times in 3,191 Posts

I need to get Farscape and watch it all the way through one of these days. I've seen most of season 1 and odd episodes of season 2 and 3 on TV, and it looked really fun and unconventional for a SciFi show (I'm embarrassed to say that, when it was on TV earlier, I was put off by the muppets! I was such a cliche! ), with really interesting characters, and John/Aeryn seemed like a great couple (though some of my friends on LJ say that they became 'unbearable' by season 4?). I had heard about Farscape long before, but I guess I expected it to be cheesier and not so interesting. Whenever I used to see pictures of Ben Browder, I didn't like him because of his conventional square-jawed All-American good looks. It's a whole different story when you finally see the show, since Crichton is so not a conventional SciFi hero!!!

You make me feel silly now for listing so many ships but as I mentioned, I listed those I just like in addition to those I really love. I don't actually look for Youtube videos or fanmixes for all of those...just some of those.
    Ha, I'm just normally a bit too critical and cynical to get into ships I think. I enjoy the romance of a story but actually caring about the couple doesn't often come with that for me. A good chunk of why I'm into Spuffy is because Spike is my all time favourite fictional character and is male perfection to me (body and mind). Although I am often unsure if Buffy even deserves him(!), I don't ship him with other people so it is probably me wanting him to get the girl he wants but also because I do think if Buffy properly, fully realised how great he is they would be amazing. I love how they have always avoided the romantic cliches and have such a mixed and complex history to them, their dynamic if so refreshing without just being comedic or lovey dovey, it always felt like a real relationship to me. If they ever properly made a go of it I think my little wizened heart would burst with joy!!

Crichton/Aeryn Sun does get a little cheesy but I like them because they play the opposites to each other and you see where changes come in that and where they don't as they progress. The shame with it is that the show was cancelled. They did the Peacekeeper Wars to provide a conclusion and whilst it was nice to not have it left hanging it was a little bit too tightly tidied up, overtly so imo for this forced end to work well. The Jim Henson puppets are something that you stop noticing to a degree, Rigel does become a character but I understand why it would be offputting at first. Scorpius though is an amazing character, fascinating. I haven't watched it for years because BtVS took over my life/freetime(!) but this has just reminded me so when I have finished my latest rewatch of Buffy I may go and dig out my farscape box set!

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

1. Coach and Mrs. Coach (FNL)
    2. Seth and Summer (OC)
    ---GAP---
    3. Charlie and Claire (Lost)
    4. Matt and Julie (FNL)
    5. Lucas and Peyton (OTH)

Banned
    Thanks

1. Buffy/Angel (BtVS/AtS)
    2. Sawyer/Juliet (LOST)
    3. Darla/Angel (AtS)
    4. Wes/Lilah (AtS)
    5. Cook/Effy (Skins)

Thanks

1.) Queen Victoria/Prince Albert ( Victoria )

2.) Spike/Drusilla (Buffyverse)

3.) Buffy/Spike (Buffyverse)

4.) I like how the end of Gossip Girl introduces an 'American royal family'--the relationships are screwed up, but Dan Humphrey manages to connect himself to the Rhodes, Van Der Woodsens, Basses, Waldorfs, Archibalds, and Sparks. And the family is very powerful in the movie (Dan and Serena), publishing (Dan and Nate), media (Dan and Serena and Nate), real estate (Chuck), fashion (Blair and Jenny), politics (Nate), agency/management (Georgina) industries.

The number 1 pick maybe doesn't count, as it is a historical reality, but that pairing resulted so much world change and it is--so far--done so well in the TV series that it shouldn't be ignored.
    Last edited by MikeB; 06-09-17 at 01:52 AM. Reason: added stuff

Thanks

Before this goes into dead threads, I'll add some more. It looks like I thought it was only about TV couples, but I see that others have mentioned pairings from other media, too...

Since I've read The Hunger Games books since the last time I posted this, Katniss/Peeta are now among my all-time favorite couples. Oddly enough, I wasn't particularly invested in the trilogy's romantic plot until the second half of the second book, but after reading all of it, what an amazing story. I like Finnick/Annie too, but I couldn't get as invested since we rarely saw that much of Annie.

Some of my old favorite literature pairings include Heathcliff & Cathy (Wuthering Heights), The Master & Margarita (eponymous novel by Bulgakov), Dimitri & Grushenka, Ivan & Katerina Ivanovna (The Brothers Karamazov), Lori and Boone (Cabal by Clive Barker).

Favorite movie pairings include Sarah Connor & Kyle Reese (The Terminator), Batman & Catwoman (Batman Returns... but I do like the The Dark Knight Rises versions, too), Sam & Pilar (Lone Star), Cahit & Sibel (Gegen die Wand), Harold & Maude.

And, while I haven't read many comics, I have read Joss' run of Astonishing X-Men a few months ago, and he made me love Emma Frost/Scott Summers, as well as Kitty Pryde/Colossus. (This is the comic where my signature quote comes from.)
    Wow, this was posted a long time ago.

Add FitzSimmons (from Agents of SHIELD) to my list of favorite pairings.

Hellmouth Tourist Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

I cannot just do 5, I must do 10.

1) Buffy and Spike (BTVS)
    2) Wesley and Fred (Angel)
    3) Jackie and Hyde (That 70’s show)
    4) Chuck and Blair (Gossip Girl)
    5) Michael and Sara (Prison Break)
    6) Marshall and Lily (HIMYM)
    7) Dan and Serena (Gossip Girl)
    8) Darla and Drusilla (BTVS, Angel)
    9) Carly and Freddie (Icarly) (I am young this show was my childhood)
    10) Finn and Rachel (Glee) (Oh it’s way too sad to even think about that show right now)
    Hello cutie

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fool for Buffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (12-02-18),TriBel (13-02-18)

Thanks

1. Spike and Buffy is the only relationship I am truly invested in, one could even say obsessed by

Way below that . . .

2. Jim/Pam - The Office (US)
    3. Andy/April - Parks & Recs

4. Eleanor/Chidi - The Good Place

I prefer my relationships to be more comedy than drama
    Never much cared for picket fences anyway. Bloody dangerous.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Fool for Buffy (13-02-18)

Thanks

1. Buffy/Spike
    2. Nora/Kevin (The Leftovers)
    3. Veronica/Logan (Veronica Mars)
    4. Anna/Miles (This Life)
    5. Philip/Elizabeth (The Americans)
    6. Fitz/Simmons (Agents of SHIELD)
    7. Niles/Daphne (Frasier)
    8. Mack/Elena (Agents of SHIELD)
    9. Jessica Jones/Luke Cage
    10. Tim/Dawn (The Office UK)

HM: Morticia/Gomez (The Addams Family), Eleanor/Chidi (The Good Place), Baltar/Caprica, Tyrol/Boomer (Battlestar Galactica), Nikita/Michael (La Femme Nikita), Josh/Della (Night and Day), Angel/Darla...

(This is just TV... I have some other favorite couples in literature and a few in films.)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Priceless (12-02-18),Stoney (12-02-18)

Thanks

1. Spike & Buffy (BtVS)
    2. Snape and Lily (Harry Potter)
    3. Marianne Dashwood & Mr. Willoughby (Sense and Sensibility)
    4. Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson (Sherlock Holmes)
    5. Mr. Spock & myself (....sigh....)

flow
    Will you just hold me ?

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Fool for Buffy (13-02-18),Priceless (12-02-18),Stoney (13-02-18),TriBel (13-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    1. Spike & Buffy (BtVS)
    2. Snape and Lily (Harry Potter)
    3. Marianne Dashwood & Mr. Willoughby (Sense and Sensibility)
    4. Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson (Sherlock Holmes)
    5. Mr. Spock & myself (....sigh....)

I've always low-key shipped him with Uhura. I loved their dynamic (with a lot of teasing/flirting) in the early episodes of season 1, too bad it was pretty much dropped after that (but I can't say I'm surprised, it was the 1960s), though there were a few subtle hints later on. My favorite thing about the new movies is that they've finally made it canon, though I still wish it somehow had been able to happen with Nimoy's and Nichols' versions, those two had really good chemistry.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

flow (13-02-18)

Thanks

1. Spike & Buffy
    2. Frank & Joyce (for everyone under a certain age - Hill St. Blues)

Mmm...that's it. I'm not good at this "romance" malarkey.

Hellmouth Tourist Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    1. Spike & Buffy
    2. Frank & Joyce (for everyone under a certain age - Hill St. Blues)

Mmm...that's it. I'm not good at this "romance" malarkey.
    Nothing else?! There are lots of examples of relationships with the basic Spike/ Buffy idea in television. (Villain turned good motivated by a significant other) They don’t compare in complexity or emotional attachment, but that’s what at least half of my list is.
    Hello cutie

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Fool for Buffy For This Useful Post:

TriBel (13-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fool for Buffy View Post
    Nothing else?! There are lots of examples of relationships with the basic Spike/ Buffy idea in television. (Villain turned good motivated by a significant other) They don’t compare in complexity or emotional attachment, but that’s what at least half of my list is.
    TBH - and this is strictly between ourselves because it makes me sound DEAD boring, much of the the appeal of Spuffy is it paves the way for an eutopic narrative (James's head-tilts are an added extra). Joyce and Frank are real. Plus she's gorgeous and she's a Public Defender. I never wanted to be Buffy - I wanted to be Joyce! Sigh...I was young then ... I had aspirations!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Fool for Buffy (13-02-18),Priceless (14-02-18)