Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season 10 [spoilers]

Slayer
    Thanks

The title is okay. It suits it, but I do think I would have preferred "Metropolis" or "Superman" over it. Oh well, that doesn't matter in regards to the finale -- as the real news to be mentioned now is....

MICHAEL ROSENBAUM IS FINALLY COMING BACK!!!!

He's even trending on twitter right now. This is such exciting news, and the only way the series could really end. My fanboy heart is so excited right now! Here's the info! YAY!

The small-screen Superman mythos just breathed an enormous sigh of relief.

After nearly a year of will-he-or-won’t-he speculation, Michael Rosenbaum has inked a deal to reprise his role as Smallville‘s Lex Luthor in the two-hour season finale airing May 13, TVLine has learned.

“I’m delighted to return for the series finale,” Rosenbaum tells TVLine exclusively. “I’m simply doing it for all of the fans out there who made Smallville the great success it is. I appreciate all of their passion, their relentlessness, and even their threats. Ha ha.”

The actor continues, “I can’t wait to hug the old crew back in Vancouver one last time and see all of my old friends once again. Oh, and for Lex to become the bad-ass he’s destined to be.”

Executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson say of Rosenbaum’s encore, “It feels like the stars are aligning, literally. We couldn’t be more excited. And as far as the way he returns… there’ll be no doubt about how Lex becomes the great rival in Clark Kent’s life. He is the villain of the story.”

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/smallv...series-finale/
    What our very own Lex also tweeted:
    I'm excited to come back one last time. Just promise me you'll all watch my new stuff. Then we will be even. Haha. Rock the hell on friends!
    More wonderful news of this topic shall be released as it comes along! YAY!

Thanks

So, he's coming back, basically, so we all don't hate him and will watch any thing he does in the future? I think that tweet say it all, tbh.

I'm glad he's coming back, but it feels like he's just doing it because his fans are making him. If he didn't, there would be fans who would boycott anything he did. So, I don't know. It just feels like he's doing it to secure his own future. Which, I get I guess, but you know.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    So, he's coming back, basically, so we all don't hate him and will watch any thing he does in the future? I think that tweet say it all, tbh.

I'm glad he's coming back, but it feels like he's just doing it because his fans are making him. If he didn't, there would be fans who would boycott anything he did. So, I don't know. It just feels like he's doing it to secure his own future. Which, I get I guess, but you know.
    LMAO, the fun part of it is how earlier in the week it seemed he wouldn't do it for anything. IDK, I'm glad he's going to appear, even if it turns out to be very brief. It gives credit to all the work the show has been doing in the years since his absence. It makes the show feel more complete knowing this clone storyline is going to lead to the Lex Luthor not just a makeshift imposter. For better or worse, MR is the definitive face of Lex Luthor in the Smallville mythos.

It's disappointing that he doesn't appear to see this as a great way to make Smallville a stronger and more complete series and therefore build the reputation of his past body of work. But ultimately someone got through to him that the fans do matter. And I think that's what matters the most.

LOL, I guess the question is, does he have to shave his head? If he does, then I guess I don't blame him for being so reluctant.

Lydia made the punch!

Sunnydale High Student RedKryptonClark's Avatar
    Thanks

Bahh MR is like a supercharged chia pet when it comes to his hair, both he and Tom, if you watch eps from seasons 5-6 when you know that they're shooting at night, both of them have deep shadows forming at the end of the day.

I think that MR got tired of his part not really going anywhere which is why he left - the hair was a convenient excuse. Frankly, I don't blame him. End of season 6-beginning of season 7 his character had no direction, no vision. The only reason his storyline picked up at the end of 7 was because they were writing him out.

I'm glad that they were able to get him to agree to come back for the finale, it just wouldn't have been right to end the show w/o him and having to use a double.

Thanks

I have no issues with MR and whatever he thinks about his return Smallville. I just want the series to feel complete and it's not complete without Lex. So I'm pleased his character will be in the finale. Superman and Lex are like peanut butter and jelly.
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    Oh yay!!! It looks Smallville will get a two hour finale!!! It will air May 13th! I'm so glad since this will allow for character and plot storylines to be addressed in the finale night rather than split over two weeks.

Source
    Yeah I'm really happy about this too. While it will only be episode 21 and 22 put together, it will be worth it! Plus the episode will be titled "Finale". A more then fitting way to end the series!

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,654 Times in 992 Posts

I don't usually post in the Smallville section but I am a big fan of the show and a Superman fan in general.From the films to the various T.V, shows and of course the comics.I love Batman,Green Lantern and Spider-Man but Superman is my number one comic book superhero since I was about 3 years old.And I've been watching Smallville since the pilot debuted ten years ago.With that in mind..

Oh man,tonight a new promo for the series finale aired during the episode,"Kent" and it features the first shot of Michael Rosenbaum back as Lex Luthor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV7ttZueyq8

It's Lex swirling around in a chair and we also here what I believe is a line from him in the finale,"We have a destiny together only on different sides."

Gahh,this is promo really got me with everything right down to the John Williams score.

Slayer
    Thanks

Thank you for posting that BAF. It has to be one of the (if not the) best trailers for Smallville I have ever seen. There are so many wonderful call-backs to the series fun roots and early days as well as its extraordinary future. All those voiceovers with the John Williams Superman theme was incredible.

A fitting tribute I’d say, and I think it will also bring lots of fans who quit the series back to watch one last time. My hopes are that Finale is the most watched episode in CW history actually. Considering Smallville is such a well known and iconic series by now I am so happy to see it has been having a proper send off. Trailers like this mean a lot as a fan, and hopefully are appealing to all audiences. The show is going out with a phenomenal bang concluding ten years of epic television, and deserves to be seen at its finest.

I cannot wait!

Thanks

It's good news that MR is coming back, somehow Smollville isn't Smallvile without him

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,654 Times in 992 Posts

The new promo for the series finale is on you tube.It showcases Lex's return.It also aired during Smallville tonight during,"Booster."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO3rt...layer_embedded

Slayer
    Thanks

Lots of new series finale spoilers are coming out now! Check here for all of them. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
    Finale Parts 1 and 2!

Written By: Al Septien & Turi Meyer (Part 1), Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson (Part 2)
    Directed By: Kevin Fair (Part 1), Greg Beeman (Part 2)
    Guest Stars: Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor), Annette O'Toole (Martha Kent), Allison Mack (Chloe), John Schneider (Jonathan Kent), John Glover (Lionel Luthor)

UPDATED 4/25/11: TV Guide has given us visual confirmation that the finale will include a Clark & Lois wedding. "It's a very, very long walk down that aisle," Kelly Souders told TV Guide's Rich Sands. "There are some good moments, some heart-wrenching moments and some surprising moments at their wedding."
    - Oliver will be best man and Chloe will be the matron of honor."
    - Will they actually go through with this whole wedding thing? "I think fans will be pleased with how things turn out," Souders told TV Guide, "but it's never what you expect. I will just say that there are moments directly before and after this photo that, even seeing the footage for the 50th time, I still get a little teary."
    - Matt Mitovich at TVLine reveals that Martha and, somehow, Jonathan are guests at the wedding - which we probably could have seen in the promo trailer. He also notes that even though both John Glover and Michael Rosenbaum are in the finale, they do not share scenes together. Drats! I was hoping Lex would kill Lionel (again).

The CW's Official Description (Posted 4/21/11): BE THERE AS SMALLVILLE WRAPS UP CLARK KENT’S TEN-YEAR JOURNEY IN AN EPIC TWO-HOUR SERIES FINALE — The story of Clark Kent (Tom Welling) culminates in this epic two-hour series finale as Clark takes the last step to becoming the Man of Steel. With surprise guest appearances, nods to the first few seasons of the series and Michael Rosenbaum’s return as Lex Luthor, this final episode wraps up a decade-long story following one’s man’s journey to becoming the world’s greatest superhero. Erica Durance, Allison Mack, Justin Hartley, Cassidy Freeman, John Glover, Annette O’Toole and John Schneider also star. Kevin Fair directed “Finale Part 1,” which was written by Al Septien & Turi Meyer and Greg Beeman directed “Finale Part 2,” written by Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders.

Thanks

Wow! That is so cool. I cannot wait to watch the exclusive Smallville finale!! It sounds intriguing. I am sad that the series is ending after 10 years though. Thanks CaptainOats for showing us the details.

NOT FADE AWAY

An Angel continuity/crossover with Power Rangers
    Coming Soon!!

Slayer
    Thanks

Here you can see a bunch of new photos from the series finale! It looks like it's going to be amazing!

Also, I have to mention this: I love Chloe's new hair! It's a mix between her S3 style and her current one. It looks great!