Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 10 [spoilers]

Somebody Save Me... DigitalLeonardo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Season 10 [spoilers]

Ugh this section has fallen flat... but we've got a month left until the September 24th premier of Smallville's 10th and final season.

So I'm excited! I can't wait to see Kara's grand return. Word on the street is we'll be catching a look at a Supergirl like outfit (though I find it extremely wrong that Kara is Supergirl before Clark is Superman... It just looks like he is copying her...) But as long as we get a real ending for the character I'm happy!

Also returning:

- Johnathan Kent: I never cared for Mr. Kent, but it will be cool to see how they bring him back. My guess is Clark will be having weird visions as he dies. Though I would have liked to see them do a few character and bring back people who had big impacts... like Alicia.
    - Lionel Luthor: He'll be in 2 episodes I think they've said. I am not looking forward to it. I was so happy when he died. Though since they ARE bringing him back I hope they use this chance to do a flashback with Tess.
    - Brainiac: He'll be back for episode 200 as Brainiac 5 from the future and will be "good". I would love to see Saturn Girl too!
    - Hawkman: Will also be back and we're going to see flashbacks and hopefully Hawkgirl will make the scene as well.

So far season 10 looks like they will be bringing back EVERYONE they can! I hope we get Lana (for a proper farewell) and of course Lex. I also want some more of the JL... a Black Canary episode would be sweeeet! Oliver and Dinah doing some teaming action would be nice to see.

Also... looks like Allison Mack/Chloe will only be in 5 episodes... we'll see how that goes.

Thanks

Yay for Kara! Not super happy with how it happens, but we'll see...

- Johnathan Kent: I never cared for Mr. Kent, but it will be cool to see how they bring him back. My guess is Clark will be having weird visions as he dies. Though I would have liked to see them do a few character and bring back people who had big impacts... like Alicia.
    I agree! That would have been interesting and a great way to bring back several now deceased characters.

- Lionel Luthor: He'll be in 2 episodes I think they've said. I am not looking forward to it. I was so happy when he died. Though since they ARE bringing him back I hope they use this chance to do a flashback with Tess.
    I will be very, very disappointed if he isn't used for Tess flashbacks. Like, if it's for anything else, I'll be so angry. Tess back-story is still a mystery and getting to see her interacting with an actual Luthor would be so interesting.

- Brainiac: He'll be back for episode 200 as Brainiac 5 from the future and will be "good". I would love to see Saturn Girl too!
    I'm fine with Brainiac 5, but I wish they cast someone else. A sort of male Allison Mack would have been nice. Implying that a part of Chloe is Brainiac 5. Similar personality wise, with a Brainiac twist.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 721 Posts

I know they're not main characters, but I'm so glad they are bringing back Lois's father and sister. Lois always talks about her father so the General is obviously a big part of shaping her life but it's been over 5 years since he's seen how she's grown. And I always thought Lucy was a lot of fun trouble so I'd be game for her to be in another episode.

I'm really excited that Lionel is returning. Not that I love him, but it's been too long since any Luthor involvement has shaped the story. I agree with Thomas that Lionel and Tess backstory would be great! I'm still hoping that Lex will appear this season.

I'm sad Chloe is only set for 5 episodes, particularly since the writes now say they embrace Chlollie. I look forward to seeing who they develop Oliver's storyline with after her departure.

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

I forgot about the General and Lucy! I wish they had used them both more during the series... like... at Chloe's wedding or just have an episode where Lois tracks down Lucy or something like that. Cause the episode "Lucy" ends with Lucy wanted by the cops, so its gonna be weird to have her return. I do hope they explain this...

If we don't get a flashback with Tess then I'll be upset. Cause is there really any other reason we'd need Lionel there... No. No there isn't!

They should have treated the character of Chloe better last season, and then maybe Allison Mack would have wanted to return full time. But she knew she was being pushed to the side lines... It must hurt.

Thanks

RE: Chloe. No comment on her being pushed aside, I could rant about that for hours, but I hope they use her episodes wisely. Like, when she's back, use her. Give her focus. Let Lois step out of the spotlight for two seconds. And I don't want a Lana repeat. We'll have the premiere, so I hope we get three more in the middle of the season and her final episode in the finale. Chloe not in the finale would be terrible. Maybe have the three mid-season episodes scattered a bit? Two with her there, one with her not there, then one with her there before leaving again and returning for the finale. I just don't want some mid-season filler with Chloe in it. I want her five episodes to be important.

Thanks

Oh, I've NEVER been this excited for a season of "Smallville." Not even joking. I'm loving everything that's been released and the trailers look amazing and I'm definitely more excited for the season now than I was a few months ago!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
    If we don't get a flashback with Tess then I'll be upset. Cause is there really any other reason we'd need Lionel there... No. No there isn't!
    I know that we are supposed to be let in on a HUGE secret from Tess' past that will push her character off of the moral fence - meaning that we'll know that she's truly evil or truly good - by midseason so I'm thinking that, yes, Lionel is returning to make this happen. HOWEVER, I don't know if it's going to be in flashbacks or if it will be something else. There HAS been speculation that the reappearances of Jonathan Kent will be Darkseid manifesting in his form so it's possible that the same will be case for Lionel. Either way, I definitely think he'll play a role in Tess' backstory - which we have been told WILL be a major plot point by midseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    RE: Chloe. No comment on her being pushed aside, I could rant about that for hours, but I hope they use her episodes wisely. Like, when she's back, use her. Give her focus. Let Lois step out of the spotlight for two seconds. And I don't want a Lana repeat. We'll have the premiere, so I hope we get three more in the middle of the season and her final episode in the finale. Chloe not in the finale would be terrible. Maybe have the three mid-season episodes scattered a bit? Two with her there, one with her not there, then one with her there before leaving again and returning for the finale. I just don't want some mid-season filler with Chloe in it. I want her five episodes to be important.
    I don't wanna go into a crazy debate about Chloe but I hardly blame the writers and producers if Chloe is only in the premier and then a few episodes in the middle of the season (which is what it sounds like will happen - she'll finish her story in the middle of the season and that's it). Allison Mack chose to leave and do other things and explore her career and I don't think that has anything to do with last season - I think it has to do with her being on the show for 10 years and wanting something more from her life and career. The fact of the matter is, Lois IS the female protagonist from here on out. She's going to be front and center whether we like it or not because that's her place. Chloe deserves her closure and a great ending and it sounds like we'll get it but I don't expect Lois to be sidelined in order for it to happen. I think it'll be a matter of Lois getting a B-story during the episodes while Chloe is the A-story with Clark and Ollie (and even Lois).
    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 491 Posts

I am SUPER excited for tonight's premiere!! My hubby and I love watching "Smallville" together, and we're both giddy for tonight's premiere.
    I'm really sad that Chloe is going to be written out, though. I love Allison Mack and I've loved Chloe since Day1 of the series. It's gonna be weird, but the love of Clark's life is Lois, so it makes sense that Chloe won't be as big a part of the final season.
    I'm REALLY hoping Justin Hartley will get his own show after "Smallville" ends, though. I have never been a big Green Arrow fan til now; I love the way Justin plays him.

Thanks

OMG! I'm so excited! I just found out that Lindsay Hartley is going to be in Episode 8 of SV as a character named Mad Harriet. I probably should be afraid, since I've never seen her on anything except soaps, but I her so much.

Does anyone got any spoilers about her appearance for me? I saw the interview from the 200th episode party.

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    OMG! I'm so excited! I just found out that Lindsay Hartley is going to be in Episode 8 of SV as a character named Mad Harriet. I probably should be afraid, since I've never seen her on anything except soaps, but I her so much.

Does anyone got any spoilers about her appearance for me? I saw the interview from the 200th episode party.
    Mad Harriet in the comics is... well honestly crazy. I am surprised they have Lindsay Hartley playing her, I thought she'd better suit Gilotina... Mad Marriet is like a psychotic fighter, who doesn't actually speak much in the comics. So it will be interesting to see how the introduce her into Smallville.

I hope we get to see the other furies, cause I love them. I also wanna see Big Barda... that would only make sense if they are doing the Apokolips storyline...

Thanks

Thank you for all that! So she is a Fury? I'm not too worried about her character in the comics not talking too much. From what I read you and Thomas say about past characters, SV never seems to portray these characters right. It sometimes feels like the strong comic characters come off weak while weak ones come off stronger. Or maybe that's my wishful thinking.

In case you were wondering, I heard that she won't be in a scene with Green Arrow but instead just with Clark.

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Also in the comics she has green hair... So I wonder how that will work out. But your right, sometimes the characters don't really translate the same on screen *sigh...*

Yeah and she is a Fury, there is 5 of them I think... or 4... They are like Darkseid's strongest warriors and hopefully will actually be some sort of challenge for Clark. And I am glad she won't be in any scenes with Oliver, glad they aren't forcing them to cross paths or anything.

Thanks

- So Granny Goodness has been cast! She will be played by Christine Willes known for playing Delores Herbig on Dead Like Me and Gladys on Reaper. I think she will do good, though I don't know if she can get as dark as the character has been in the comics. I haven't seen her in anything besides Dead Like Me. source

- Word is Zod [Callum Blue] will return for a few episodes this season. I can't find the interview it was mentioned, but its being reported that executive producer Kelly Sounders mentioned it.

- Aquaman [Alan Ritchson] will be returning in episode 9 (which will also be directed by Tom Welling), but he won't be alone. He will be returning to Smallville with his comic-wife Mera and will be played by relatively unknown Elena Satine. source

Thanks

- Clark's Kryptonian parents Jor-El and Lara will be returning! Helen Slater, who played Lara twice in season 7, will join Julian Sands, who played Jor-El last season in "Kandor", will return in 10x08 "Abandoned". "Lois makes a drastic decision about her relationship with Clark that takes her to the Fortress, where she comes face to face with Jor-El and Lara." The episode will also star Teri Hatcher and Justin Hartley's wife. So kind of a big full episode we got going on. [source]

Thanks

- The Black Canary [Alaina Huffman] is returning to Smallville! She will be in episode 11 titled "Icarus", which will air either mid December as the mid-season finale, or early 2011 when the show returns from hiatus. The episode Dinah will be back in will also guest star Michael Hogan as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (who will first be seen in 10x09 "Patriot") and Michael Shanks as Hawkman. source

- Also, looks like Geoff Johns' (who wrote season 8's "Legion" and season 9's "Absolute Justice") episode will air during the final quarter of the season. It will feature comic characters Booster Gold and The Blue Beetle. Personally I am really not looking forward to seeing those twos... I think there are so many other amazing characters they could explore, but I'm guessing Johns really wanted to write an episode for them...

Sunnydale High Student RedKryptonClark's Avatar
    Thanks

New Brian and Kelly interview - they mentioned that Schneidy will be back a few more times before the season is over (apparently he's already been up there, meaning we might see him in either Collateral or Beacon.) Also if they can wing it they have plans for an episode to have Zod return. Interview here.

I co-admin OSCK, a news blog for Smallville - we just posted our third issue of OSCK Magazine. In it we interviewed Smallville composer Louis Febre, Patriot guest star (Mera) Elena Satine, and from RIESE KINGDOM FALLING Christine Chatelain and Alessandro Juliani (Dr. Emil Hamilton.)

The issue's got updated lists of upcoming episode titles, air dates, and other spoilers.

Click on cover to read:

Slayer
    Thanks

- Kara Zor-El AKA Supergirl is coming back for a final episode! http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/smallv...rgirl-returns/ I was so hoping for this. Great news!

Thanks

Oh yay!!! It looks Smallville will get a two hour finale!!! It will air May 13th! I'm so glad since this will allow for character and plot storylines to be addressed in the finale night rather than split over two weeks.

Source

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    Oh yay!!! It looks Smallville will get a two hour finale!!! It will air May 13th! I'm so glad since this will allow for character and plot storylines to be addressed in the finale night rather than split over two weeks.

Source
    Yeah I'm really happy about this too. While it will only be episode 21 and 22 put together, it will be worth it! Plus the episode will be titled "Finale". A more then fitting way to end the series!

My dream ending would be a Charmed like final montage. With shots of Superman and the Justice League and maybe shots of Batman and Wonder Woman and Supergirl and all that wonderful jazz!

Thanks

Yeah, hoping for extended episodes like earlier seasons of SV on the WB is pretty much crazy talk these days. But the value of two episodes back to back can be huge! A whole night of Smallville is thrilling and makes for an event rather than just a conclusion.

They are entitling it "Finale"? I would have thought they would have given us something a little more fanciful. I'm not sure how I feel about that title. :/

I definitely think some type of future glimpse is in order. I like endings full of promises. However, I'm very curious as to how things are going to play out with the Luthor storyline. As much as I love how the last years have focused away from them and instead on Clark's own growth, I think some conclusion to their storyline is needed especially if the episode is entitled Finale.

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Its a nice full circle in a way. The premier with "Pilot" so I'm happy the finale will be "Finale". Plus I think a title like "Superman", which was the popular guess, would be too... I dunno... Unless Superman was the main focus it would be weird. It worked for the "Supergirl" episode cause it was very much Kara finding herself as Supergirl.

I think unless they somehow get Michael Rosenbaum back for the finale, the Lex clone storyline will be a complete miss. Like they are building up something REALLY cool... but without the real Lex... I dunno. I just don't think it will be worth it. Hopefully they have him signed to appear and all this uncertainty is just a ploy to shock fans.

And yes! A total event! Like... "Absolute Justice" worked really well, so I think this will too. I kinda miss these big two-parters. Buffy had a few of them and so did Charmed. Like shows just don't do them anymore... Its always "back to back episodes" never a full 2-hour episode.