Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffy and Angel Questions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tangent View Post
    Your quite right darla is killed by angel in season 1 of buffy. Wolfram & Hart are the ones responsible for magically bringing her back to life.
    They are after everything evil & twisted ,Thanks ^^
    You Are The Only One
    Who Ever Touched My Heart
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Thanks

Joss himself has said that Buffy The Vampire Slayer couldn't just go on forever with Angel and Buffy angsting to be together but not being able to. It would get old and boring. Angel leaving was an awesome solution. I don't really know about cast reactions, though. But they did get to work together every now and then before Buffy left The WB.

About Jasmine, some beliefs hold that your real name is magical, and a mother gives their child a secret name not known to the world. Her real name had power over her. But it was also fully possible that it was unpronounceable, anyways. At least with humans.

And I do believe Charisma Carpenter no longer wanted to be on Angel. Of course, it's Joss' show, so I can't imagine it being anyone else's idea to kill her (as opposed to her leaving town or whatever).
    Last edited by Fpqno; 17-06-07 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Clarifying

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fpqno View Post
    And I do believe Charisma Carpenter no longer wanted to be on Angel. Of course, it's Joss' show, so I can't imagine it being anyone else's idea to kill her (as opposed to her leaving town or whatever).
    Really? I understood it to be the other way around - that Charisma wanted and intended to continue with the show, but was informed that her contract would not be renewed.

Thanks

Well, I just asked my friend (who's kind of my expert about casting and things of that nature) and there was apparently no actual confirmation either way, but rumour was that her pregnancy screwed up plot plans and Joss decided to let her go. But officially Joss said that he felt Cordelia's arc was complete, and they went everywhere they wanted to with that character.

So yeah, you'd be correct. ^^;

Either way, I'm fairly certain it was Joss himself who chose to kill her.
    Last edited by Fpqno; 17-06-07 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Changed one word. I'm an edit-fiend.

Thanks

Here is what Charisma Carpenter had to say about her situation:

In August (2003) Charisma gave an interview to the Boston Herald and expressed her disappointment in no longer being part of the series. She had returned to work in S4 only 10 days after the birth of her son Donovan, and she thought her character would awake from her coma by season 5. "I was not prepared," she said. "I don't think, you're ever prepared for that kind of situation. Seven years - that's a long time. I started that show. To not be finishing it is a pretty big deal for me. They went back to work on July, 24th ... on that day I thought, 'Oh, today is officially my first day of unemployment'."

The whole Cordelia's story is finished is pretty much a lame excuse. 'You're Welcome' clearly showed the potential of that character, especially for a difficult season like S5. Joss Whedon's handling of Cordy's character and his firing of Charisma Carpenter is to date one of the most aggrivating things about the whole Whedonverse for me.

Angel's Therapist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Salvation View Post
    ^^ i guess that's true bcuz i saw interview with both of them & Sarah said very nice things about David acting.

Now another question....

When Angel learn how to draw i mean was it a skill he have before he turned into a vampire?
    Angel could draw when he was human. I think Willow found some sketches he draw of them women in his day when he was 18 and still human.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kana View Post
    Angel could draw when he was human. I think Willow found some sketches he draw of them women in his day when he was 18 and still human.
    Sorry Kana but that's not exactly true. Willow found the watcher's diaries and it was in them that the drawing of the woman of the day appeared (who I always presumed to be Darla)...but I expect he could draw when he was human. In those days with no cameras etc I believe that much more emphasis was put on drawing skills (at school etc) and so most people could draw a lot better than most of us can now

Regarding Charisma leaving/being sacked - I'm sure I heard on a commentary that she wanted to concentrate more on being a mother and didn't want a full time role in the series anymore. So maybe she made those comments about being upset about leaving because she wanted to be involved in a smaller way but Joss fired her anyway.

It's sad either way, we don't like to think of our favourite characters being "sacked", but we do know that Joss does seems to be a type that has favourites (James Marsters and Amy Acker anyone? Both killed in the show and returned)

you have red on you digitalMindy's Avatar
    Thanks

Here come's my questions:
    1-Whatever happend to the mark on Buffy's Neck you know the one that she got when she forced Angel to feed on her bood?
    Dracula notes the mark left by Angel when he meets Buffy. And I don't think we see it too many times after that. I think the writer's could challk the lack of scar up to the slayer's amazing healing abilities.
    2-Does that mark make's Buffy,Angel's mate or something what is that excatly mean?
    Do you mean that Angel is Buffy's sire? If so, then no. Angel would've had to turn Buffy in order for him to be her sire.

Thanks

[QUOTE

Do you mean that Angel is Buffy's sire? If so, then no. Angel would've had to turn Buffy in order for him to be her sire.[/QUOTE]

No what i mean that Demons attend to have a mate someone to spend their eternity with,someone who they share special bond .They can sense eachother presense & something like that.
    You Are The Only One
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 1,839 Posts

There is nothing in the series established along those lines. Although it would be hysterical for Buffy to find that out.

Thanks

I always thought that Joss decided to Killl Cordy off as a reation of knowing that there will no more seasons after season 5, he did it as a result of it.
    You Are The Only One
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    There is nothing in the series established along those lines. Although it would be hysterical for Buffy to find that out.
    I know that they didnt said that in the show but i read it somewhere ,that when some demon mark someone specially a female that means she belongs to him.
    You Are The Only One
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Thanks

No, definately not because Angel was cancelled whilst they were filming the episode "Underneath", which if memory serves is about ep 16 or 17, according to the commentary for that ep. Cordy was already dead in the series because "You're Welcome" (in which she dies) was a good few episodes before that. The decision to not include Cordy after Season 4 had been made a long time before the show was cancelled.

Thanks

Basically, if this was the case then it was never mentioned in the show. I don't think it would have been the case in the Buffy mythology, because that would have had repercussions for the Buffy/Spike relationship, and I'm sure that Spike would have made a reference to it when he saw it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ciderdrinker View Post
    Basically, if this was the case then it was never mentioned in the show. I don't think it would have been the case in the Buffy mythology, because that would have had repercussions for the Buffy/Spike relationship, and I'm sure that Spike would have made a reference to it when he saw it.
    I guess Right .
    You Are The Only One
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Thanks

Oh Bcuz someone mentioned in BuffyWorld Forum about the death of Fred that was Joss's reaction to the cancellation of the show,so i thought the same happend with Cordy.
    You Are The Only One
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Thanks

The only character that I believe was actually killed due to cancellation was Wesley. He was originally supposed to survive, but they decided to kill him since there was not going to be any more Angel after S5.

Thanks

Another question...

Could the PTB call Connor in case his father dies & Spike as long he's the son of 2 vampires,what i mean is can he be called to fight against the FE?
    You Are The Only One
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Angel's Therapist
    Thanks

Well the PTBs don't exclusively fight against FE and I imagine if the wished it they could call anyone with potential to fight to good fight vampire spawn or not.

Thanks

In season 4 When Cordy came back & Lorne read her,did he saw that she would be Evil or let say in better way did he saw tha she would posessed by Evil?
    You Are The Only One
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks