Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Top 5 (or more!) Favourite Shows of All Time

Slayer
    Thanks

Default Your Top 5 (or more!) Favourite Shows of All Time

Now I'm sure this has been done before, but I don't believe it has quite recently, so I was interested in knowing what your top 5 favourite shows of all time are? Not what you think they are, not what you want them to be, but what they are. Be honest and enjoy it. Hopefully a little discussion can get going later on about how and why we made those choices too. I'm sure Joss Whedon will apear at least once on everybody's lists, but it'll be interesting to see what everyone likes. It's also a good way to find the other members who share common interests and TV shows you might be able to discuss together sometime.

1. Battlestar Galactica
    2. Smallville
    3. Veronica Mars
    4. Angel
    5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

P.S. If it's really hard to just put 5, and you feel bad for leaving certain shows out - I already do - if enough people want we can maybe extend it your 10 favourite shows of all time.
    Last edited by CaptainOats; 28-04-11 at 01:11 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainOats For This Useful Post:

MikeB (02-02-14)

Thanks

I'd prefer Top 7 perhaps :P just to be that little bit extra picky.

1. Angel
    2. Firefly
    3 NCIS
    4. Life
    5. Bones or Buffy, probably Bones because its more consistent, although Buffy has some amazing stuff and was my first love/fandom

Hilarious sig by TeamJasper over @TwiFo

Thanks

I don't watch a lot of TV so this shouldn't be hard for me to be fair. I probably only watch about five TV shows

1. Dexter - Dex is now my favourite TV show at the moment. It's fantastic. It's amazing. The storyline is gripping and ho-ly crap! Currently on Season 3. W-O-W!!!
    2. The Tudors - Always been interested in The Tudors. Natalie Dormer is probably the best Anne Boleyn I've seen portrayed...probably ever. Yes...even better than Helena Bonham Carter *sniff* and 100,000x better than Natalie Portman
    3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. - Obviously.
    4. F.R.I.E.N.D.S - just...epicness.

I think I ran out of TV shows. And I so don't want to put Charmed on my Top 5. It's good, but it's not amazing. Oh...

5. The 10th Kingdom - TV Mini Series/epically long movie...whatever. It fits here. And it's bloody amazing. Wolf

Oh crap.

6. Supernatural
    Last edited by Ahm Shere; 20-04-10 at 09:03 PM.

♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Thanks

Gosh...

1. BtVS/Angel (I'm putting 'em together- )
    2. Supernatural
    3. Lost
    4. Veronica Mars
    5. Either Firefly, Dollhouse, Alias or something else I'm not remembering.
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    Gosh...

1. BtVS/Angel (I'm putting 'em together- )
    2. Supernatural
    3. Lost
    4. Veronica Mars
    5. Either Firefly, Dollhouse, Alias or something else I'm not remembering.
    Ahaha, there is just so much cheating in this post

This is really hard but I'll go for it. I'm throwing it honorable mentions so no one yells at me, and so that I don't feel bad for not including epic shows. AND basically, #3-5 can be switched around in any order on any given day.

1. Battlestar Galactica
    My favorite show, as most people know. So yeah, with that.
    2. Weeds
    I don't know, other shows are competing for this spot really hard, but Weeds takes it. If Lost ends really well, then it might just go here.
    3. Angel
    Excluding Season 5. That was horrid, but Seasons 2-4 are some of the best TV ever and just really remarkable. Definitely Buffy's better half, and while Buffy was my first obsession, Angel was the first show to really make me feel any huge emotion for a TV show.
    4. Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
    I will never forgive FOX for canceling this. I don't care if it only made sense for it to be canceled, I don't care if it was treated well by FOX for getting a full second season, IT'S JUST NOT FAIR. TV shouldn't be allowed to be this good and then just ripped away from you....
    5. Lost/Veronica Mars
    Okay, both get to go here because Lost's spot is dependent on it's ending. I mean, I love the show and no matter what it'll be in my Top 10, but it's spot here all depends on it's ending. Veronica Mars is just too good. The mysteries, KRISTEN BELL! , the dialogue, the characters, it's just so good.

Honorable Mentions: FRINGE!!!! (it's gonna move up eventually, I think), Alias, Firefly (if only it were longer; sorry ), Dexter, Dollhouse.

And Stuff That Is Just Too Much Fun: Dead Like Me, Chuck, That '70s Show.

I think I watch too much TV cause that was really, really hard for me :-/ I mean, I just mentioned 14 shows and I left out a bunch I really love still

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBoy View Post
    I think I watch too much TV cause that was really, really hard for me :-/ I mean, I just mentioned 14 shows and I left out a bunch I really love still
    Nah, one can ever watch too much TV Ben. But I do understand how it was really hard. There's shows I think I need to rewatch before making any strong decisions...but I feel so wrong with my list now. Everything clashes, and all these things are tormenting my mind. It's like a mini war of betrayals going on in my head. Things like when I was rewatching some old Buffy today make me want to put it up where Dollhouse is and yet Dollhouse was so epic and short and sweet that I have so much love for it. But Buffy started my TV love and - sounds cheesy I know - but made me who I am today. Like no joke, seriously. When you're a 7 year old watching Buffy, you'd be amazed at what that does to you! Now it's all AHH though. So I totally get all the cheating and pain going on. Doing things like this are always really emotional for me too, so for people struggling as of now if you want you can list YOUR TOP 10 FAVOURITE SHOWS OF ALL TIME. If you haven't seen that many then just do what you can. Anywhere from 5-10 is still acceptable. Hope that makes things easier for everyone.

Of course, if you still want a challenge, you can always still do your top 5. It makes things more difficult and exciting IMO!
    Last edited by CaptainOats; 21-04-10 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
    Doing things like this are always really emotional for me too, so for people struggling as of now if you want you can list YOUR TOP 10 FAVOURITE SHOWS OF ALL TIME. If you haven't seen that many then just do what you can. Anywhere from 5-10 is still acceptable. Hope that makes things easier for everyone.
    Aw hey, now you tell me. I felt guilty for putting Supernatural on as an added extra But 10? Erm...do I even know 10 shows?

I guess my number 7. would be Sex and the City
    8. Charmed had to come somewhere.
    9. .......... struggling here...no it's official. I don't know any more TV shows I need to watch more TV!

Thanks

How I forgotten Fringe and BSG? This game is too hard...
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    How I forgotten Fringe and BSG? This game is too hard...
    Seeing as it's still really hard, some people don't have 10 favourite shows of all time, and other's are just to emotionally conflicted to participate: LIST HOWEVER MANY OF YOUR FAVOURITE SHOWS OF ALL TIME AS YOU WANT. Hopefully that'll make thing's easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahm Shere View Post
    Aw hey, now you tell me. I felt guilty for putting Supernatural on as an added extra But 10? Erm...do I even know 10.
    Sorry about that. At least now you can put as many or as little as you want. I think that's much easier and funner for the posters!

Thanks

Sorry about that. At least now you can put as many or as little as you want. I think that's much easier and funner for the posters!
    Yes, I suppose so, I also suppose it's more fun when you have watched more TV shows. You have a wider selection to choose from Me, as you've seen, I don't even know 10. I'm a failure

Oh wait...

9. Sabrina the Teenage Witch - I have them on DVD. I still watch them. Yes...I'm cool.......

Slayer
    Thanks

9. Sabrina the Teenage Witch - I have them on DVD. I still watch them. Yes...I'm cool.......
    Hell, it's better than nothing! But I don't think I've ever seen that show except for maybe an episode here or there when it aired. Anyways, I really wanna change my whole list now that I can add more shows. But what to pick though... For me this isn't really any easier actually.

"Hello, my name is Michael."
    *Group says "Hi Michael."
    "I...I am a TV addict."

Thanks

1. Angel - My first love and obsession.
    2. Supernatural - Just simply amazing (mostly the first three)
    3. Buffy - The first four seasons have some of the best episodes in tv-history.
    4. Alias - I remember I used to sit up late and wait for this when I was younger. i was so amazed by the clothes and the wigs and all spy-sruff. I totally wanted to be a spy.
    The others one I can't do in a order but it's Fringe, scrubs, Gossip girl, Dark angel and probably some I forgot.

Thanks

Favorite TV Shows:

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer All but Season 6, because S6, in my opinion is almost a copycat of "Charmed", and that's only my opinion. Other than that, I love this show.

2. Charmed Fabulous show!! Nuff said.

3. Angel I just love this spinoff especially the fifth season.

4. Merlin A new favorite on my list. Not just the fact that Anthony Head is on the show, there's just something about it that I totally like.

5. Star Trek Especially The Original Series and the Next Generation series'. What? I'm cool. This is an older show.

NOT FADE AWAY

An Angel continuity/crossover with Power Rangers
    Coming Soon!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,104 Posts

It's not possible to do just five...and I hate lists! And I can't put them in order....

Anyway... the order would probably completely change if I did this again in 5 minutes!

1) Lost (but it could lose its position and be degraded, if the last 2 episodes disappointed me).
    2) Battlestar Galactica: just a great show, engrossing
    3) Nip/Tuck: my favourite, once, but it went downhill pretty fast, after 2 amazing seasons. Still, I can't not put it among my favourite, if only for those two great seasons.
    4) Buffy/Angel : the shows that made me go on the Internet, register to message boards, that taught me what "fandom", "shipping", etc is.
    5) Friends : A show that stays with you forever
    6) Sex & The City : I never tire of it. Funny and moving
    7) Six Feet Under : a great show that too few people have seen.

Then, Supernatural, Merlin, Firefly

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Thanks

Hell, it's better than nothing! But I don't think I've ever seen that show except for maybe an episode here or there when it aired. Anyways, I really wanna change my whole list now that I can add more shows. But what to pick though... For me this isn't really any easier actually.

"Hello, my name is Michael."
    *Group says "Hi Michael."
    "I...I am a TV addict."
    You need to watch Sabrina It's like...epically amazing...I suppose it's only amazing if you watched it when you were younger...but still...

Slayer
    Thanks

You need to watch Sabrina It's like...epically amazing...I suppose it's only amazing if you watched it when you were younger...but still...
    Maybe one day Hannah. Maybe one day... If only I could live forever.... *Daydreams* I'd get to watch so much TV!
    Last edited by CaptainOats; 18-04-11 at 06:11 AM.

Thanks

Maybe one day Hannah. Maybe one day... If only I could live forever.... *Daydreams* I'd get to watch so much TV!
    And that one day had better be soon

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen
    9) The Vampire Diaries (you'd REALLY love this show Hannah. I recommend you watch it!)
    I actually love it! I may watch it. If you watch Sabrina...

My friend has been trying to get me to watch Vampire Diaries actually to be fair, so I may just give it a go...

Oh wait, wait, we have a 10th show!

10. The Twilight Zone Yeah! I only recently started to watch this, thanks to a video posted by the AVGN on Youtube, so I gave them a watch. HOW had I not seen this earlier? It's amazing. Actually the Twilight Zone will probably be like...7th or something, I'd need to re-tweak my list a bit...

Slayer
    Thanks

And that one day had better be soon
    *Peer Pressure! Peer Pressure!* I'll make a deal that I'll watch it if you watch TVD! That way, since we each dealed each other the same deal we have no choice but to follow suit. Did that make any sense?
    I actually love it! I may watch it. If you watch Sabrina...

My friend has been trying to get me to watch Vampire Diaries actually to be fair, so I may just give it a go...
    Well at least that's a start! It's a pretty good and well-rounded show and there's certain qualities in it that remind me a lot of Buffy actually. It's really fun and completely easy to watch! You'd honestly love it Hannah, and plus since the tonight is the season one finale you'll have the whole summer to get caught up!!! Oh and very similiar to The Vampire Diaries is Roswell, except it's way better! So you gotta watch that too.

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,527 Times in 485 Posts

1) Buffy The Vampire Slayer - just an outstanding show, I think no other show can beat it, IMO.
    2) The Simpson's - just an outstanding animated TV show ever!
    3) Bewitched - Just an good classic.
    4) Flash forward - Love the story and concept of the show!
    5) Angel - One of the Good spinof, i ever seen!
    Last edited by buffylover; 02-06-10 at 11:59 PM.

Library Researcher Tranquillity's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    2. Angel
    3. LOST
    4. Blackadder
    5. Supernatural