Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Preview Pages (SPOILERS!)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,431 Times in 1,636 Posts

Default Leaked Preview Pages (SPOILERS!)

Hey

Emmie just posted this image on her LJ, which was on Scott Allie's twitter until he took it down soon after. It appears to be upcoming pages for S8 and it shows a certain peroxided vampire fighting alongside Buffy. Check them out;

Spoiler:

Can't tell right now if it's a flashback or in the present but either way he's making an appearance.

The pages look pretty action packed and... why does Allie has a postit with the name "Sierra" on top? Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions but.... Dollhouse comic?

The pages looks fantastic

Vamps
    Last edited by vampmogs; 11-03-10 at 08:31 AM.
    "You've got ... a world of strength in your heart. I know you do. You just have to find it again. Believe in yourself."

Thanks

as sue kindly pointed out to me in the Spike thread, where I posted this, maybe put it in spoilertags? It stretches the page.

Hopefully this means there's more to come soon.

Thanks

No problem.

I think this is probably a flashback because the panel of the explosion looks identical to the panel of Willow getting hit by the cataclysmic event in #33. If it is it'll be interesting to see what relevance Spike has to that. As I assume all these flashbacks are connected somehow.
    Last edited by vampmogs; 11-03-10 at 08:47 AM.
    "You've got ... a world of strength in your heart. I know you do. You just have to find it again. Believe in yourself."

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Oh snap, thanks Mogs/Emmie that's awesome. What are they up against? If going by the shadow, something really really big.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    No problem.

I think this is probably a flashback because the panel of the explosion looks identical to the panel of Willow getting hit by the cataclysmic event in #33. If it is it'll be interesting to see what relevance Spike to that. As I assume all these flashbacks are connected somehow.
    It's probably about the various spells where thebig powers were released, starting with the slayer spell.

Thanks

I was thinking that but then I agree with Remmy that it looks like Buffy and Spike are fighting something huge and I can't remember when they ever did

Thanks
    Thanked 2,967 Times in 977 Posts

Neither can I. At least not when there was an important moment.

On this picture Spike looks a bit like Urru!Spike. But it's probably only this picture and the coloring which looks like hell-LA.

Library Researcher
    Thanks

I was thinking that but then I agree with Remmy that it looks like Buffy and Spike are fighting something huge and I can't remember when they ever did
    If it's a flashback then i'm confused where it took place. I don't remember Buffy and Spike(with red,brown shirt?) fighting something that huge(it could be the real bigbad of the season). Perhaps it's just two situations happening at the same time. Dawn and Willow on the computer, ending with Willow seemingly getting shocked by some truth. And the other end Spike and Buffy fighting something big.

I also think i see Spike in the non-colored pages above, right panel, guy with slicked back hair.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,967 Times in 977 Posts

Or the person in the black & white panels is Andrew and we get some more 'storytelling' action. He started earlier this season about being 'team Spike', he probably has some more stories about his hero to tell.
    Last edited by Nina; 11-03-10 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken the two panels are shaded differently then the rest. This is the standard comic way to indicate a flashback. I'm not positive though.

Spoiler:
    The one with Buffy and Spike in the picture is a bit less clear then the one of Willow so its hard to say if that's a flashback or not. My gut tells me it is because otherwise the pacing is off.

It does beg the question though of what this past event has to do with Willow getting her mojo back.

Thanks

Yeah I'm beginning to think it's not a flashback as well. I don't think there's any episode in the show where they fought something this huge together and there does seem to be some kind of battle going on. I think I can make out other girls fighting in the pages on the right. I have no clue how this fits with Buffy kissing Angel or the #35 cover of her segregated from her friends, unless Buffy is fighting against her friends and Spike is on her side. Damn, I really wanna know what issue these pages are from.

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    Or the person in the black & white panels is Andrew and we get some more 'storytelling' action. He started earlier this season about being 'team Spike'.
    Yeah it could be, except i think the person is doing some sort of action in the bottompanel and looks to be wearing a long coat.

I wonder now if the odds for Spike also getting these superpowers are more likely. Fighting side by side with Buffy, assuming she still has her powers would kinda be like an ant and an elephant teaming up. Spike would need more juice to be a player in the game.
    Last edited by Remmy; 11-03-10 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 572 Posts

You can read in the bottom Willow and Xander panel that it says "Now" to indicate they're returning from the flashback. I think that along with the different style coloring establish it as a flashback.

Also, Allie confirmed that flashbacks were coming in order to explain things in the coming issues.

Banner Set by thedothatgirl

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emmie View Post
    You can read in the bottom Willow and Xander panel that it says "Now" to indicate they're returning from the flashback. I think that along with the different style coloring establish it as a flashback.

Also, Allie confirmed that flashbacks were coming in order to explain things in the coming issues.

But that raises the very interesting question of what 'that' has to do with Willow getting juiced, and why its put such a look of horror on her face. Something with the empowerment spell? Could that possibly be the energy that she got blasted with?

Thanks

I can't work out what that says Emmie, and I'll give myself a headache if I squint at it any harder! I'll just take your word for it!

If it is a flashback and is used to explain things about Angel then is it possible Buffy has met Spike again prior to S8? Because I still can't work out what the flashback is supposed to be of, unless Nina is right and Andrew is telling a story and just embellishing that they faced some gigantic creature when in reality it was just a vamp. Remember when Buffy and Angel hunted the vamp and Buffy asked "can't this just be the vampire that got away, we could say he was this big!" kinda like that...

Thanks

The only thing the "Buffy Spike facing off against a horned shadow" reminds me of on the show is their drunken encounter with the Jonathan devil glamour in Life Serial. Maybe that would fit with Andrew being the narrator.

Thanks

I can't work out what that says Emmie, and I'll give myself a headache if I squint at it any harder! I'll just take your word for it!

If it is a flashback and is used to explain things about Angel then is it possible Buffy has met Spike again prior to S8? Because I still can't work out what the flashback is supposed to be of, unless Nina is right and Andrew is telling a story and just embellishing that they faced some gigantic creature when in reality it was just a vamp. Remember when Buffy and Angel hunted the vamp and Buffy asked "can't this just be the vampire that got away, we could say he was this big!" kinda like that...

It's possible that its a flashback of something that hasn't happened yet. We don't even know what issue these pages are from afterall. The only problem with that theory is Giles still seems to be in exposition mode.

Thanks

A clue may be in the clothes. Jeanty had all the characters in their correct clothes for the flashbacks in NFFY and even the dreamspace cubes. Spike always dresses like that, and I can see them adding the red shirt as he wears it often, but I can’t remember seeing Buffy in that outfit before.

Taka! Tora! Batta!
    Thanks

well in the upper right we see Xander, Dawn, Giles and what looks like either Faith or Satsu talking about something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
    Yeah it could be, except i think the person is doing some sort of action in the bottompanel and looks to be wearing a long coat.

I wonder now if the odds for Spike also getting these superpowers are more likely. Fighting side by side with Buffy, assuming she still has her powers would kinda be like an ant and an elephant teaming up. Spike would need more juice to be a player in the game.
    God, I really hope not. And I disagree, he doesn't need more juice to be in the game. Yes, Spike's a fighter, but he's also someone who is dangerous because he loves to go up against people who are stronger than him.
    He was no player fighting wise for three seasons and he still managed to interact. He confronts people, makes them deal with their own darkness and that's something that right now the book needs a lot more than yet another bloke flying around.