Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: #34 Possibly Ginormous Spoilers (or a joke or a mislead)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 613 Posts

Did you not read my comment above? It's probaly not what it seems. She's dreaming or fantasizing about him.

Cover art isn't always what it appears to be. I mean do you think DH would be stupid enough to break the reveal in this way? I mean come on!
    Last edited by sueworld; 07-01-10 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,186 Times in 2,789 Posts

Um, WOW.

I really don't know what to make of this. It could be a massive mistake (lesser spoilers have been released before) or it could be a misdirect. Either way I think this proves they at least know Angel is a possible candidate which I'm happy about. I always thought a lot of signs pointed to him.

Just wow...

Don't really know what to make of this at all.

If she is fantasying about him you gotta ask why. Twilight is revealed in #33 and Buffy is sitting around fantasying about Angel? Either he's very connected to whomever Twilight is or he is Twilight.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

Thanks
    Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,852 Posts

I have a lot, lot harder time figuring that any such fantasy could be preeminent enough in the story -- in the issue immediately following the reveal of the man whose name is the in-house name of the season -- that it merits not one but both covers. Further... she's fantasizing that he's Twilight because it's... better than who actually is...? Huh?

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

I haven't posted on here for awhile and now I have a reason. There is no way this is all real, all of this build up for almost three years just to be told on a website weeks before. And Angel as twilight? Yes it is shocking but cmon? Haven't we had enough of the Angel and Buffy stuff? Plus with Buffy straight up making out with the guy? This throws the Xander, Buffy, and Dawn plot out the window. I'm praying this is just an ingenious idea by Joss to throw us all off and piss a lot of people off. If not.. Idk.. Major disappointment.
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...uy/Bander2.png
    "Can I have you? Uuhh, can I help you?"
    "We've fought some blood-sucking fiends, and that's all been a good time. But I want more. I wanna dance "with you. "

Thanks

I have to wonder if this isn't a huge screw up by someone. (assuming it's legit)

Making a huge deal about Twilight and refusing to even hint at who he can be, then spoiling it months in advance? Seems like a really weird decision to make.
    The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. -- H. P. Lovecraft

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    Um, WOW.

I really don't know what to make of this. It could be a massive mistake (lesser spoilers have been released before) or it could be a misdirect. Either way I think this proves they at least know Angel is a possible candidate which I'm happy about. I always thought a lot of signs pointed to him.

Just wow...

Don't really know what to make of this at all.

If she is fantasying about him you gotta ask why. Twilight is revealed in #33 and Buffy is sitting around fantasying about Angel? Either he's very connected to whomever Twilight is or he is Twilight.
    But seriously, you don't send solicitations out for a misdirect. Vendors begin ordering these books in good faith immediately. Had it been a whole mess of covers with different options, solicited that way, I'd be right there with you. But every time in the Dark Horse and IDW series that we've seen goofing around and teasing its been in directly released art. These are the solicitations. Solicitations are srs bsnss. All this really can be is a mistake in releasing the solicited cover to the public (vendors have no incentive in spoiling).

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

On a shallow note, the covers are wonderful. I love the B/Aness of them. But I am not convinced it means Angel is Twilight. Buffy dreaming that it's him I could buy more readily than it actually being Angel and being spoiled - not only on the cover but months in advance.

This strikes me as misdirection in a big way.

-Luc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sueworld View Post
    *snerk* Wonderful stuff!

To me this looks like the first indication that It's not Angel who's Twighlight.
    Personally I think it is stupid

Anyway, I agree that Twilight isn't Angel. Angel would have suprised my anyway, but now it would be even more.

Banned
    Thanks

This strikes me as misdirection in a big way.
    Me too. It's Joss messing with his readerships expectations thats all. Lovely art from Chen as per.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    But seriously, you don't send solicitations out for a misdirect. Vendors begin ordering these books in good faith immediately. Had it been a whole mess of covers with different options, solicited that way, I'd be right there with you. But every time in the Dark Horse and IDW series that we've seen goofing around and teasing its been in directly released art. These are the solicitations. Solicitations are srs bsnss. All this really can be is a mistake in releasing the solicited cover to the public (vendors have no incentive in spoiling).
    I know but I'm just having such a hard time believing that somebody screwed up this badly. Somebody is going to be *pissed* if these were released before they were meant to. I mean we have got spoiler covers before (Dark Willow strangling Buffy) and even preview pages that spoil the story (not all the Scoobies are captured) but this would just take it to a whole other level.

I just donít know what to think.

Thanks

I would have put better odds yesterday that Twilight was the illegitimate female love-child of Future Buffy and Future Willow, surrogate fathered by Future Xander than I would put this evening on this solicitation being part of any intentional misdirect. If Angel As Twilight was a horse in a race right now, he'd be leaving the gate with 2:5 odds, so much a favorite you'd lose money by placing the bet.

Guys... it's the solicitation. The solicitation. If there is any hope it's not Angel, it's only that there are other covers that are unsolicited, or that Buffy really is having some completely inexplicable and foolishly timed fantasy about Angel *being* Twilight right after learning that someone else is Twilight.
    Last edited by KingofCretins; 07-01-10 at 10:42 PM.

Banner by LRae12

Evil Twin
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    I know but I'm just having such a hard time believing that somebody screwed up this badly. Somebody is going to be *pissed* if these were released before they were meant to. I mean we have got spoiler covers before (Dark Willow strangling Buffy) and even preview pages that spoil the story (not all the Scoobies are captured) but this would just take it to a whole other level.

I just donít know what to think.

If this is real I'd expect some people to lose their jobs over it. I mean this would be a REALLY big screwup. Revealing who Twilight is so far ahead of time, regardless of who it is, pretty much takes the wind out of the sails and could potentially wind up making the season fall flat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sueworld View Post
    Lovely art from Chen as per.
    Yeah, that's my favorite of the two. Though the second one is interesting because even as Buffy and Angel are entwined with a kiss and hug, they are mirrored nicely and look to be in a position for flying.

-Luc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    I would have put better odds yesterday that Twilight was the illegitimate female love-child of Future Buffy and Future Willow, surrogate fathered by Future Xander than I would put this evening on this solicitation being part of any intentional misdirect. If Angel As Twilight was a horse in a race right now, he'd be leaving the gate with 2:5 odds, so much a favorite you'd lose money by placing the bet.

Guys... it's the solicitation. The solicitation. If there is any hope it's not Angel, it's only that there are other covers that are unsolicited, or that Buffy really is having some completely inexplicable and foolishly timed fantasy about Angel *being* Twilight right after learning that someone else is Twilight.
    Well I'm not gonna say it's impossible this was just a really big mistake because as you know, I've considered Angel one of the most likely suspects of the season. For a long time he's been my number 1 guy. So I think story-wise it fits in every possible way you could imagine. Heck, the solicitation calls it "two titans" which is exactly what both you and I said when we talked about this being epic.

But I just can't 100% believe it. And I don't know if it's because I find this way too spoilery to be true or because after 3 years of wondering who he is I won't believe it until I read #33 for myself. Or maybe it's both...

Sidenote: Chen draws a fantastic Angel. I love that she chose BtVS S1 Angel and takes full advantage of being able to draw the vampires how they looked when they first showed up.

Thanks

Well.. I'm sure people be will purging Scott Allie with demanding questions soon. I'm not making any assumptions until then. But I still think it's a mega throw off. There is no way that Dark Horse would let this happen to like one of their top selling and most popular comics. It just seems nearly impossible, the whole season revolved around this, and they would just let it leak that easy? I'm praying it is a hoax.
    "We've fought some blood-sucking fiends, and that's all been a good time. But I want more. I wanna dance "with you. "

Thanks
    Thanked 4,117 Times in 1,068 Posts

Let's assume that it's misleading somehow. Isn't it still a fairly major spoiler about Angel showing up in the comics? It'd be hard to put him on the cover and then not have him show at all.

And if Angel is in the story, then Allie's claim that neither he nor Spike would show up would seem to be misleading.

Agree with Vamps, though, that it's hard to make sense of.

Thanks

I'm just going on with it as settled fact for the time being. Unless or until we get some attempt out of Allie to cover this, there's really no other conclusion to draw. You don't solicit a lie, not unless you really, *really* want to piss off the actual vendors. It seems unlikely that there were multiple Twilights solicited but only these two were released. It seems least likely of all that Buffy would be having a fantasy about Angel being Twilight when somebody else is, and that that's what's on the cover. Because it's not just a fantasy about Angel, it's a fantasy about Angel *being* Twilight, per the Jeanty cover.

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

Well Lynch released those fake Angel preview pages to fool people about him being human. Ok, so maybe it's not in the same league but it's a similar kind of thing. Maybe DH asked Chen to draw some fake Twilight spoiler covers and then released them to everybody?

BUT if Angel actually does show up in this issue it makes no sense for him not to be Twilight. Twilight's revealed in #33 and Buffy's what? Fantasying about another guy, fantasying about him as Twilight? Doesn't make sense at all..

Either Angel doesn't appear whatsoever or IMO he's Twilight. Nothing else makes sense.

Thanks

Hey has anyone notice that #34 is the April issue? April fools? It is a major possiblity with the rep Joss has to send a major April fools joke 4 months in advance. I'm not worried at all anymore. Happy early April fools guys!

Banned
    Thanks

And if Angel is in the story, then Allie's claim that neither he nor Spike would show up would seem to be misleading.
    Well If he's only in a dream, then he wouldn't have been, would he. I'm amazed that so many people are taking this at face value, knowing A)how Joss likes to play with his audience, and B) that a really important reveal wouldn't be p*ssed away in this silly manner.