PDA

View Full Version : Issue #6 preview

Wolfie Gilmore
11-08-07, 02:50 PM
http://www.slayaliveforums.proboards50.com/index.cgi?board=buffyseason8&action=display&thread=1178743091&page=2

Looks very good indeed. Having watched some Tru Calling lately, Faith's been on my mind...and I have a good feeling about this issue.

Interesting that she's broken up with Wood. Wonder why?

Poor kiddies!

some spykie ship
11-08-07, 10:26 PM
It took me a minute to find the preview. All I can say is wow.

Child vampires, that's something new. I wonder why Faith broke it off with Robin. If it was because of her being the Slayer, she'll probably get back together with him once she's retired.

I cropped the cover art and made it my wallpaper. It's still a little stretched, but I don't mind.

Veverka
12-08-07, 02:14 AM
Wow. it really jumps right in, doesn't it!?

Does anyone else assume Wood knew the kiddies had been turned but this was (deliberately) left out of the info he gave Faith?

Anon
12-08-07, 07:30 AM
Child vampires, that's something new. I wonder why Faith broke it off with Robin. If it was because of her being the Slayer, she'll probably get back together with him once she's retired.I think that's just Faith. She seems to be incapable of having a long term relationship with men. Combined with the subtext from season 3, I'd almost suspect she was a lesbian in denial, but it could just be that she never stopped hating men.
That aside, it looks to be an interesting issue, if the footage is genuine.

Phoenix
12-08-07, 08:55 AM
Looks pretty interesting. Been looking so forward to this issue :D

ciderdrinker
12-08-07, 09:26 AM

Does anyone else assume Wood knew the kiddies had been turned but this was (deliberately) left out of the info he gave Faith?

That was exactly my thought!
Do you think the Wood could've been turned, now that he doesn't have a slayer girlfriend?

I think I'm more excited about this issue than I have been about the others!

vampmogs
12-08-07, 10:29 AM
This does look very interesting.

My only gripes with the preview is of Faith and her batman esque tool to swing down the city between buildings. I could never see Faith doing this and unlike the Scoobies has no excuse to have such weaponary. Apart from that, the issue looks great.

I liked that Wood was in there and that we know what happened with their relationship from the start. It is an interesting theory that he may in fact be turned but I he did warn Faith that the children may have been turned that is why he sends Faith in the first place, so I'm not sure it was supposed to be a trap.

And did anyone else realise the link between the vamp mother Wood says they captured? Is this supposed to be the vamp lady we see the slayers have captured in Issue #5

some spykie ship
13-08-07, 12:44 AM

That was one of my first thoughts too.

Didn't Spike tell Wood during that spectacular ass-kicking that he sired his mother? If he did, then Wood might have suspected that there could be vampire children to kill. On the other hand, one might want to spare new Slayers the task of checking on and possibly cleaning up the bodies of children who might have been killed by their own vamp mother. That could have been what Faith thought it was.

There are a couple of interpretations of it, but Joss has given clear interpretations of that vindictive character and how they operate.

ThePoet's<3
14-08-07, 03:38 AM
Looks really good! I can't wait for kick-butt Faith!!

I didn't look for Faith and Wood to stay together. Faith is too much of a "free agent". She's not a girl to tie down with roots.

I'm confused about
"Sired his mother". Siring in Vampire world means turning someone else into a vampire. I don't think it has the same meaning as physical siring of children. I would think it was just a gibe to Wood that he (Spike) "turned" Wood's mother into a vampire.

Am I on the same wavelength with you?

BTW - Wolfie - I am SO CRUSHING on your avi!! :heart:

some spykie ship
14-08-07, 04:06 AM
Am I on the same wavelength with you?

Actually, I was talking about how Spike sired his mother. Remember when Spike was kicking Wood's butt, and in the meantime telling him about what he kept daydreaming about when he was hypnotized? I think Spike also compared his mother to Wood's mother, saying that Nikki knew she'd get killed and she allowed herself to abandon her son, so Wood should be blaming his mother for his abandonment just as much as her killer. I think that's how it went down, anyway. This is why I think it's relevant to Issue #6:

Even Darla said a while back that vampires are capable of human affection and after a vamp is sired, love for family members, etc. still remains. A single mother would probably want to make her children like her in the same way that Spike wouldn't want to leave his dying mother all alone. If Wood knew that this kind of "love" existed, then he might have suspected that he would be pushing vampire children on Faith, one of the few people who probably shoudln't be dealing with that kind of situation.

See what I mean?

vampmogs
29-08-07, 03:59 AM
Hey everyone, just found a new *coloured* preview for Issue 6 that we haven't seen yet.

It is a scene between Giles and Faith and reveals quite a lot, here is the link if you'd like to see it and be spoiled. :)

http://www.tvguide.com/images/features/buffycomic.gif

Here are some of my thoughts on the scene;

Does anyone else just love Giles' jumper, haha it rocks I'm very happy to see it. Though I do prefer how he was drawn when we saw him in Issue #3.

I find it very interesting that Faith has been trying to skip town and basically get away from her responsibilities. Still the same old Faith huh? What I mean by that is not really taking her role as seriously as she could, but she has been in prison for a few years so I get the need she has to have some freedom.

Giles' line that he basically is the council now is very interesting. What does this? What kind of relationship does he have with the castle and Buffy? Well I'm not sure

Giles has the contacts to organise fake passports.. mm interesting

omri
29-08-07, 08:08 AM
Here are some of my thoughts on the scene;

Does anyone else just love Giles' jumper, haha it rocks I'm very happy to see it. Though I do prefer how he was drawn when we saw him in Issue #3.

I find it very interesting that Faith has been trying to skip town and basically get away from her responsibilities. Still the same old Faith huh? What I mean by that is not really taking her role as seriously as she could, but she has been in prison for a few years so I get the need she has to have some freedom.

Giles' line that he basically is the council now is very interesting. What does this? What kind of relationship does he have with the castle and Buffy? Well I'm not sure

Giles has the contacts to organise fake passports.. mm interesting

I don't think he has contacts organise fake passports.. Maybe he has them in the legally way.And yeah, Where is Giles in all castle thing.. Was he absent from Buffy's life all this time? or was he in contact with her? it is very confusing to me... In the first issue I thought we'll get to see 'em all together, the gang. But oh well..

vampmogs
29-08-07, 09:39 AM
I don't think he has contacts organise fake passports.. Maybe he has them in the legally way.And yeah, Where is Giles in all castle thing.. Was he absent from Buffy's life all this time? or was he in contact with her? it is very confusing to me... In the first issue I thought we'll get to see 'em all together, the gang. But oh well..

But is there really a way to legally obtain fake passports? :s Faith is a fugitive on the run, which means she couldn't get out of the country under her name. Which means she has to assume another identity.

I think they have been keeping in contact with one another to some extent. I don't think Buffy would like being totally out of the loop when it comes to the training of the slayers and Giles was training them in Issue 3. And Buffy also tells Xander to copy Twillights symbol that was carved into the corpses chests in Issue 1 to Giles. They do seem to have contact with one another, how much contact well I'm not really sure. But I suspect in this arc we'll find out when Buffy comes into the picture.

Wolfie Gilmore
29-08-07, 11:48 AM
Love the jumper, indeed. Mr I spent the sixties in an electric kool aid funky satan groove (even though it was the 70s). ;)

Giles' line that he basically is the council now is very interesting.

It reminds me of Willow’s “I am the magicks”. Institutions are out the window, it’s about people now…which is both exciting and scary. I get the impression that Buffy would want as little bureaucracy as possible, and perhaps get Giles to handle all the paper n politics stuff because she trusts him…or, is this a sign that Buffy trusts Giles fully again, or is it a sign that they’re continuing friends apart (in the Great Expectations words…). That they can’t work closely together so it’s best if Giles gads about the globe dealing with the things he’s best suited to? IE being british and dodgy? ;) I’m very very curious to know how Buffy and Giles get on now.

I have no doubt that Giles can whip up a fake passport quick as dammit. Or even a real one…perhaps he has contacts in the Home Office? Or whoever it is that issues passports, I forget.

Giles/Faith is a fascinating dynamic. He’s not her watcher in this instance…he’s her spymaster, giving her a top secret naughty mission. Double oh slayer, licence to…well, slay. I’m getting excited on an Andrew level about this :)

Veverka
29-08-07, 01:36 PM
I'm getting both excited and disillusioned. Am I the only one? Damn, I don't want to be... :( Just, I feel like I love the Buffy verse so much, but the thing that held it together was the relationships, and we just see a lot of action, and not enough scoobies activity... we're five issues in, and we still don't know where Willow was or why Giles and Buffy haven't been talking. So I have high hopes for this one, and I find the Giles/Faith dynamic interesting (very), but I just want a hugging scene or two which tells us that it's all okay.

Alright. I have faith... at some point it will all become clear. I think this arc is going to be awsome...

but I'm not real sure about the jumper!!!

Phoenix
30-08-07, 09:12 AM
This arc is going to be amazing. It seems really intense. I agree with Veverka, I just want to be told its all going to be ok! Guess we can only wait :)