PDA

View Full Version : 5x01 And they are back. *high five*

Nina
19-09-09, 12:36 PM
Not sure what to think of the episode. I enjoyed the case and loved Cindy Lauper. But The Bones/Booth stuff was too heavy for me. I get that there should be B/B story but this was so much and all the twu luv/fake love annoyed me. Because no way that Booth was not feeling anything romantic for Brennan before this episode. And why did she leave Booth for so long? 6 weeks ago he was almost dead.

But I guess that Brennan was the one Gordon talked about when he said that one of the two was aware of the feelings for the other. Although it's weird since we only saw Booth's struggle with his feelings.

litzie
19-09-09, 01:45 PM
I totally think that sweets was blind and booth has been in love with Brennan for years and gordon was talking about booth. Wolfie theorized that booths brain didn't show it because it only registers the flush of new love, and booth had been in love with Brennan so long that it didn't show in his brain anymore! Another option is that he just wasn't conscious of the love, tho I think he was...

Anyway I quite liked seeing booth struggle somuch with his feelings and for the first time I was actually interested in seeing them together on the show! Overall I thought it a much better ep than most of the last season, so woo!

Jenni Lou
19-09-09, 07:11 PM
I will agree that the B/B was a bit too heavy. But I still enjoyed the episode! And I suspect that they addressed the B/B situation so pointedly is because of the backlash from fans after the finale. Clearly they were trying to appease some folks. :p

sherrilina
19-09-09, 07:30 PM
Not sure what to think of the episode. I enjoyed the case and loved Cindy Lauper. But The Bones/Booth stuff was too heavy for me. I get that there should be B/B story but this was so much and all the twu luv/fake love annoyed me. Because no way that Booth was not feeling anything romantic for Brennan before this episode.
Totally, it's been obvious for a loooong time that he's in love with her! Maybe litzie/wolfie's theory is right, it sounds logical....in some ways it was a little too heavy (the first card reading especially, ugh), but overall I actually liked it--I've been shipping B/B for so long I got a thrill of pleasure when we finally saw Cam openly confront Booth about being in love with Brennan and his failure to deny it, and then when he finally told Brennan that he was in love with her, even though he later amended it....

And oh that was Cindy Lauper? Thought she looked familiar...

But I guess that Brennan was the one Gordon talked about when he said that one of the two was aware of the feelings for the other. Although it's weird since we only saw Booth's struggle with his feelings.
No way, it's definitely Booth, you could see it even back in season 2, when Sully asks him if he has feelings for Brennan, that he was already aware of his feelings, while Brennan remains oblivious, trying to rationalize her feelings, although perhaps now she is finally becoming aware at long last...

Overall I thought it a much better ep than most of the last season, so woo!
I agree, overall I thought it was a great epp, definitely the best season premiere yet (they almost always seem weak, even the pilot). It had an interesting case, a Brennan danger and rescue scene, plenty of funny and cute dialogue and character moments, great music (I especially loved the music played during the credits, it was so pretty and random, usually they do the opening music then!), and great movement on the B/B front--and not all of it seemed forced as it has often in the last couple of seasons. Overall I am pleased, and I hope it keeps up....

Although one thing that I found odd was the lack of interns, did they never end up hiring anyone then? Are they just going to forget about all that from last season? :s

BlasterBoy
21-09-09, 11:28 PM
Wow! I honestly think this was the worst season premiere they've ever down. Am I being too negative? I don't know, but this whole episode was beyond cheesy, and just not fun to watch. It was a chore, and I found myself laughing at the ridiculousness throughout the episode. The idea of having a psychic tell them about true wove? really? I hated that, and the fact that they didn't explain it away kind of irked me :( And they focused on Booth/Brennan way too much in this episode for me. It was very cheesy and awkward in parts, and I just...didn't really like it. Especially the last scene with the psychic and Booth and Brennan where she's like, "and everything will work out." And Booth smiles and nods, and Brennan is like, "WTF is wrong with you?" I had Brennan's reaction :lol: I hated that scene with a passion!

But I liked the case. The case was pretty interesting and it was cool to see that they didn't get him on murder, and that was different. So, the case was good. I got confused a bit during it, but that's just cause I am stooopid, haha.

So, overall, I didn't like the premiere. The case was good but the episode was overflowing with Booth/Brennan parts that I just didn't like at all. Hopefully it's just being confronted head on because it's the premiere, and my sister didn't like it either. She said that it's probably just because it's the premiere, and it'll be better once they get rolling. I hope and think she's right!

litzie
22-09-09, 12:00 AM
Wow! I honestly think this was the worst season premiere they've ever down. Am I being too negative? I don't know, but this whole episode was beyond cheesy, and just not fun to watch. It was a chore, and I found myself laughing at the ridiculousness throughout the episode. The idea of having a psychic tell them about true wove? really? I hated that, and the fact that they didn't explain it away kind of irked me :( And they focused on Booth/Brennan way too much in this episode for me. It was very cheesy and awkward in parts, and I just...didn't really like it. Especially the last scene with the psychic and Booth and Brennan where she's like, "and everything will work out." And Booth smiles and nods, and Brennan is like, "WTF is wrong with you?" I had Brennan's reaction :lol: I hated that scene with a passion!

But I liked the case. The case was pretty interesting and it was cool to see that they didn't get him on murder, and that was different. So, the case was good. I got confused a bit during it, but that's just cause I am stooopid, haha.

So, overall, I didn't like the premiere. The case was good but the episode was overflowing with Booth/Brennan parts that I just didn't like at all. Hopefully it's just being confronted head on because it's the premiere, and my sister didn't like it either. She said that it's probably just because it's the premiere, and it'll be better once they get rolling. I hope and think she's right!
I actually think this was the best premiere of the whole series - I'm with Sherillina on that (and ps mostly agree with your whole post!)!

Re the psychic stuff...I've now reconciled myself to the fact that Bones randomly adds in elements of the supernatural. Like Booth's ghost, who Brennan said hi to last season. I think it's obnoxious in a show so based on science and logic and the real world - but I already had this rant with myself, and I've continued to watch the show, so I'm accepting it for what it is now!

But to each his own I guess! I don't know why I didn't find this cheesy - I'm often happiest when Booth and Brennan don't feel forced, and I felt like this ep was a lot less forced than a lot of previous stuff! so I was happy about that anyway.

sherrilina
22-09-09, 01:04 AM

But see, just think of all the past premieres, in which the cases sucked! Gormagon (s3), the lame 2-case-premiere of season 4, the basketball player train car wreck of season 2, the intern of season 1....I have noticed that Bones rarely begins on a good note, and for once it did have an interesting and exciting case in it's premiere this time around. I did not feel like there was much OOC-ness either, which is the feeling I got in the last two seasons' premieres, nor as much forced awkwardess. I'm with litzie that the B/B interactions were a lot more natural than they have been at times in the last two seasons, and so I didn't find the B/B-heaviness as bad as you did because of that natural feeling. Yes, the psychic was a little much, but besides that IMO it was fine, and as litzie pointed out, it's not like Bones hasn't added random supernatural elements before--I'll believe a psychic before a freaking ghost appearing to everyone, for instance!

I actually think this was the best premiere of the whole series - I'm with Sherillina on that (and ps mostly agree with your whole post!)!

Alright! :) I'm glad we are in agreement, since it seemed like last season we weren't on a lot of things (or maybe I am mixing you up? :s).

BlasterBoy
22-09-09, 03:10 AM

Re the psychic stuff...I've now reconciled myself to the fact that Bones randomly adds in elements of the supernatural. Like Booth's ghost, who Brennan said hi to last season. I think it's obnoxious in a show so based on science and logic and the real world - but I already had this rant with myself, and I've continued to watch the show, so I'm accepting it for what it is now!

But to each his own I guess! I don't know why I didn't find this cheesy - I'm often happiest when Booth and Brennan don't feel forced, and I felt like this ep was a lot less forced than a lot of previous stuff! so I was happy about that anyway.

But see, just think of all the past premieres, in which the cases sucked! Gormagon (s3), the lame 2-case-premiere of season 4, the basketball player train car wreck of season 2, the intern of season 1....I have noticed that Bones rarely begins on a good note, and for once it did have an interesting and exciting case in it's premiere this time around. I did not feel like there was much OOC-ness either, which is the feeling I got in the last two seasons' premieres, nor as much forced awkwardess. I'm with litzie that the B/B interactions were a lot more natural than they have been at times in the last two seasons, and so I didn't find the B/B-heaviness as bad as you did because of that natural feeling. Yes, the psychic was a little much, but besides that IMO it was fine, and as litzie pointed out, it's not like Bones hasn't added random supernatural elements before--I'll believe a psychic before a freaking ghost appearing to everyone, for instance!

Hmm, well, I guess I wanted the Booth/Brennan stuff to be more subtle and not so much right at you, and I really hate it when shows try to do romance but get cheese, so....IDK, I thought it was all really cheesy. And I don't think it was OOC, just awkward, like...badly written. For example, the Booth/Brennan scene with the "I love you" was incredibly awkward and I'm not sure it served much of a purpose. And Booth really, really loves Brennan now and they're gonna get together soon, it seems like. See, I liked it more when it was subtle and they just had amazing chemistry and things flowed so smoothly between them goofing around and the case, but now it seems very jarring. Like, "Hey! This scene is about characters!" and then "This scene is about plot!" Does anyone understand what I'm saying? :lol:

About other season premieres, I liked the first part of the Season 4 premiere. I loved the first half, hated the second. And I enjoyed the third season premiere a good deal, except for the obvious Booth/Brennan crap in that episode as well (although Booth/Brennan wasn't the forefront of that particular episode so I could really fully enjoy the case).

Jenni Lou
24-09-09, 07:09 AM
Hmm, well, I guess I wanted the Booth/Brennan stuff to be more subtle and not so much right at you,

Me too. It was far too heavy-handed with the psychic and stuff.

I think they were trying to appease fans who found the finale distasteful. They were receiving a lot of negative feedback about it and so it seems they wanted to address the dynamic of B/B in a very direct way so they could set up how the relationship was going to be for this season. I expect the heavy-handedness to be not so heavy throughout the season, though I do suspect it will be showcased in a heavy way in some episodes.

And yes, I shall type "heavy" one more time for good measure. :p

carousel_girl8
09-10-09, 06:34 PM
I saw this episode yesterday and I am in agreement with Sherrilina and Litzie that it was one of the best Season premiers for this series. I don't mind the B & B stuff and thought it was only natural for them to make quite a big deal out of it after last season.

I really enjoyed the case, I thought that Cindy Lauper was good in her role and I liked the psychic element to the whole episode.

The only thing I wasn't too sure on was Brennan's lack of understanding things, is it me or did they overdo this in this episode?