PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Login

BlasterBoy
20-07-09, 04:36 AM
I have a problem. Usually, I have my computer set as always logged on here, but for some reason, now, I come back from vacation and I need to sign in. Okay, I do that, it's on the Default layout so I need to change that. Then I exit out of my browser and come back to it about ten minutes later, and I need to log on again. This happens every time! And yes, I always check the "Remember Me" box. I checked my cookies things for this site, and I deleted them like FAQ says, and then I came back here, and logged on, "Remember Me", and then I close the browser, come back, and I need to log on again. I don't get it. Anyone help? :)

Jenni Lou
20-07-09, 04:57 AM
Did you make sure that your browser accepts cookies for BF? I would check to make sure that in your exceptions list BF is there as allowed.

BlasterBoy
20-07-09, 05:00 AM
Did you make sure that your browser accepts cookies for BF? I would check to make sure that in your exceptions list BF is there as allowed.

Yes, "Accept Cookies From All Sites" is checked and I have no one listed in exceptions :blink:

Jenni Lou
20-07-09, 05:01 AM
Well in the exceptions add BF and select allow. Maybe tht will work. Because that's how mine is set up and I haven't had to log in ages.

If that doesn't work I have no idea!

holypotatoes
20-07-09, 05:30 AM
Try deleting your temp internet files and see if that works. And if you're using Firefox, see if in the Passwords tab it has the remember passwords selected and then also check the cookies expiration. It could be set on delete when browser closes. :o

BlasterBoy
20-07-09, 05:31 AM
That didn't work :( :(

The only cookies I have for BF right now are bbstyleid, bbsessionhash, bbpassword, bbuserid, bblastactivity, bblastvisit. Anyone I'm missing? If so, how do I get it? Also, I don't think some of these cookies are working. I assume bbstyleid means it saves your style, but I always use Blue, and whenever I have to log on again, it always goes to Default.

Also, to help anyone understand my problem more, this all happens when I close Firefox. Like, I use BF, close Firefox, open Firefox, have to log on again. I can use BF, go to YouTube, and then come back to BF fine, as long as I don't shut Firefox down :)

BlasterBoy
20-07-09, 05:34 AM
Try deleting your temp internet files and see if that works. And if you're using Firefox, see if in the Passwords tab it has the remember passwords selected and then also check the cookies expiration. It could be set on delete when browser closes. :o

Sorry for double posting!

How do I delete my temp internet files?

Yes, my passwords are saved, I know that. It has my password ready for me everytime I have to log in and change my style, but it just doesn't keep me logged in.

My cookies expiration is on "Until they expire" :blink:

Jenni Lou
20-07-09, 05:37 AM
Maybe this in Firefox...is the box checked that says "always clear my private data when I close Firefox"? Because that would clear your passwords and stuff, I think.

using windows:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260897

BlasterBoy
20-07-09, 05:40 AM
No, that is not checked. My passwords are still saved, though, I'm just automatically logged off of everything, not just BF anymore :rolleyes:

holypotatoes
20-07-09, 05:46 AM
Sorry for double posting!

Yes, my passwords are saved, I know that. It has my password ready for me everytime I have to log in and change my style, but it just doesn't keep me logged in.

My cookies expiration is on "Until they expire" :blink:
To delete them in Firefox go to Tools>Privacy. Then look under Private Data and click the settings. See what it has checked and uncheck/check what you want or don't want erased. Close the little box then hit the Clear button in that Private Data section and that should do it. If it doesn't maybe just wipe out all of your cookies and just re-enter them. See if that keeps them or not.

Jenni Lou
20-07-09, 05:51 AM
I am out of tips. But I find that sometimes restarting the computer can fix lots of things. SO maybe that will help. :/

Llywela
20-07-09, 06:44 AM
Ah, this is an issue that arises with firefox from time to time - I've struggled with it myself in the past.

Try deleting cookies.sqlite (and cookies.txt) in the Profile Folder (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox)

That solved the problem when it happened to me :)

Ehlwyen
20-07-09, 03:17 PM
You are not crazy Ben. Ive been dealing with this same problem since January. :( And it affected both IE and Firefox. Id tried everything and had resorted to just opening up the browser and keeping at least a blank tab open all day so I would only have to log-in once each day.

Anyway, Llywelas trick worked! :thud: :wub: For firefox at least, Im not to bothered to try for IE as long as firefox is working. ;) And because Im of the curious sort, do you know any reasoning why deleting that file works?

Llywela
20-07-09, 04:06 PM
The reason why? No clue. I just googled the problem when it happened to me, and followed the advice given! Lemme see if I can find it again and see if any reasons were given...

...no, not really, just that it's apparently some kind of technical glitch that usually arises when the browser is upgraded.

Ehlwyen
20-07-09, 04:50 PM
That actually makes a lot of sense. It started soon after I upgraded to the most recent firefox version. But since I was combating some virus and making a lot of changes and putting other programs on the computer for that reason, I had never pinpointed it to the upgrade.

Thank you again! :hug:

BlasterBoy
20-07-09, 05:18 PM
Yes! Thank you :worthy: It's working now!:hug:Thanks so much :xd

Llywela
20-07-09, 08:56 PM
Excellent. Glad to have helped - means my own experience was not in vain!

I'll close this thread now that all is solved :)