PDA

View Full Version : I know i should know but i don't..

Theresa Marie86
08-07-09, 05:35 AM
I have a few questions that im going to ask.
1) I have been with the forum since july of last year i believe, when can i get a banner? Is it 400 posts PLUS three months with the forum OR either or whichever one comes first? I'm a little fuzzy on that.

2) When does a member get to post in the VIP section of the forum? Is it a certain amount of posts? Will it just show up one day after a certain amount of posts.. I'm just not sure.

3) How do you get more reputation power? I wasn't aware until just recently that certain members giveaway more points than others.

Thanks for any feed back!!

Jenni Lou
08-07-09, 05:59 AM
1. Yes, it is both. 400 posts and 3+ months as a member.

2. Same as above. You can get a banner and get access to the VIP section once you meet the requirements.

3. You get more reputation power a couple ways. I forget the specifics but you get extra points to give out for each month you are a member and as your post count increases. For example, my current rep power is 113 points. This is because I joined when the forum first opened in Feb '07 so I have accumulated a lot of points with each month that has passed. I also have a high post count; I believe your rep power increases with every 50 posts.

There may be one more way to get more rep power but I can't remember. I think it's just those two though. :)

Theresa Marie86
08-07-09, 06:07 AM
Thanks! That clears up alot for me!! But im curious, how can a member have a banner if they havent met either of the requirements?

Jenni Lou
08-07-09, 06:22 AM
That's because they were VIP members at our old forum at Buffyworld. SO when we moved over here their VIP statuses were reinstated.

Llywela
08-07-09, 06:24 AM
Thanks! That clears up alot for me!! But im curious, how can a member have a banner if they havent met either of the requirements?
You might find that some members here at BF are VIP members with a low post count because they had been VIP members over at the old forum, Buffyworld, where they had worked hard to achieve the requirements and so were automatically promoted when Buffyworld folded and we all moved over here.

Those exceptions aside, you can't have a banner until you meet the requirements to become VIP - it is a reward for commitment to the community :)