PDA

View Full Version : Bones episode 25, the one with Stewie.

Nina
10-05-09, 12:19 PM
I must admit, it was not as bad as I expected. But I can't help but thinking that this series doesn't need soap opera storylines like babies and braintumors (and that in one episode).

But like I said, it was not that bad. I actually liked Stewie being there and I'm happy that Booth was not okay with being just the donor of the child. I've to say that I can't understand why Bones didn't thought about making Booth more than just a donor. She knows how much he loves Parker and being a dad, and that Booth is not the kind of person who would have a child without being it her/his life. Booth would see Brennan's baby a lot, it is almost cruel to not let him be a father for the child.

And it looked like Brennan made a shortlist with three interns. (Clark, Wendall and Vincent). Why still using other interns? Wouldn't it make sense to look once more at the three chosen interns?

Oh and the melons, I can't believe that the experiment counted. I'm not the most educated scientist, but no way that hitting with a bottle on a melon is equal to hitting on a head.

Jenni Lou
10-05-09, 06:39 PM
I liked it. I did think Brennan seemed a little naive though. Then again, she is so "rational" that she just thinks that everything can be easily separated and quantified. Even though she knows Booth is an emotional person, she always tends to sort of sideline those issues when she believes rationality supercedes it. So I think it was both in and out of character for her. And I also think a lot of it has to do with her denial for her real feelings about Booth.

I loved that Sweets was trying so hard to make them both recognize their feelings. As did Cam and Angela. It's so funny that the only people who don't know how B&B feel about each other are B&B. :lol:

And I thought David was great. He was heartfelt and funny and confused...he played everything well in this episode and I enjoyed his performance. :)

SweetyCheese
12-05-09, 02:36 AM
When I heard about the mash-up between Family Guy and Bones, I must admit I died a little on the inside. Died from disappointment.

I have enjoyed Bones for its light-heartedness, but seriously? Stewie? Giving advice to Booth?

I will state, though, that they probably did the crossover as best they could (I felt that the television conversation worked way better than the interrogation room).

But that brain tumor thing came out of left field. The show does try really hard, but I find it difficult to swallow a zany-ridiculous cartoon character paired with the attempted tugging on the heartstrings hospital ending.

The ep does get points for making me laugh at the beginning with Sweets having Booth and Bones do the word association!