PDA

View Full Version : Haven Episode 1.17 17. Targets Met

Alex
18-04-09, 06:13 PM
This is the seventeenth episode of "Haven", an original series written by me. I hope you enjoy reading it! If you have any feedback, positive or critical, please post it here (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1129), thank you :)

Written and Produced by Alex Hart
Edited by Lex

Special thanks to Heather

Disclaimer: The series “Haven”, its characters, locations and ideas are all creations belonging to Alex Hart. The work is fictional and meant for entertainment purposes only. No unauthorised usage of anything in “Haven” is permitted without prior permission, thank you.

TEASER

OPEN ON:

INT. COFFEE SHOP – DAY

“The Police and the Private” by Metric begins to play. A woman walks towards the camera, flicking her hair out of her face absent-mindedly. The camera moves around her and focuses on an African American woman sat at a nearby table. A boy of about eight, presumably her son, is sat next to her looking bored. She is talking to him, an annoyed expression on her face, as he doesn’t seem to be listening.

‘Get straight, wait here while I try to find the exit sign’

A woman in her 50s is sat at a nearby table, talking on a mobile phone. A shifty looking man stands behind her, but she isn’t aware of his presence.

‘When will you stop asking strangers
No one wants what we want’

The woman on the phone glances at the woman and child, distastefully as the mother shouts at her son. The man behind the woman on the phone slips his hand into the bag hanging on her chair, trying his best to be stealthy. The mother notices and opens her mouth to say something.

‘Keep one eye on the door, keep one eye on the bag
Never expect to be sure’

Suddenly the glass of the shop window shatters. The mother splutters and falls forwards where she is sat, knocking over her cup of coffee. Blood seeps from a bullet wound on the side of her head, mingling with the coffee.

‘You're working for the police and the private, the pilots and the pirates
Fingerprinted waiting for the train’

The woman on the phone and the man stealing from her both look horrified. The boy looks out of the window in shock.

‘The doctor, the writer, the hairdresser
Felt up and fingerprinted waiting for the train’
People rush to help but the camera moves past them and through the broken window, across the road and up and up to the apartment building on the opposite side of the road. A sniper rifle protrudes from the window sill. It belongs to the attacker:

Juliet.

She looks serious and closes her eyes as she aims the rifle again and takes a second shot.

‘Lord lord mother we are all losing love
Lord listen lover we are all missing mama
Lord lord mother we are all losing love
Lord listen lover we are all missing something I don't got’

FADE TO: WHITE

FADE TO:

INT. DOMINIQUE’S TRAILER

There is a close up of a can of beer being opened. Juliet watches as Dominique takes a swig.

Juliet looks around.

Juliet: Doesn’t look like your life’s changed much.

Dominique swallows, shrugging.

Dominique: I guess not. There’s a lot I’d change if I could but...you know how it is. Payment’s slow.

Juliet nods very slightly.

Juliet: You’re still working freelance?

Dominique hesitates.

Dominique: Uh, yeah, Equitas got kinda intense. They wanted a ten year contract. I told ‘em I wasn’t killing anybody after 50.

Juliet smiles calmly.

Dominique: How about you? I’ve not heard anything ‘bout you for over a year Jules. You been out of town?

Juliet hesitates.

Juliet: Not exactly. Actually I, uh...I’ve been with Amethyst.

Dominique’s expression does not change.

Dominique: Oh really?

Juliet: Yeah, freelance wasn’t working out so well for me. I needed something better.

Dominique: Uh huh.

She gets up and goes the fridge. Juliet watches her.

Juliet: You’ve heard of them?

Dominique: Oh sure. Big name in Belview. Though I’m sure you’re aware of that.

She looks at Juliet.

Dominique: They’re a solid choice.

Juliet nods.

Dominique: Although...you gotta be careful.

She reaches for something. Suddenly she points at gun at Juliet. Juliet reaches for her own but Dominique has already taken the safety off.

Dominique: Especially about lying to the wrong people.

Her smile begins to vanish. Juliet looks worried.

CUT TO: BLACK

OPENING CREDITS ROLL

THEMESONG: “Not Gonna Get Us” - Tatu

The eerie start of the song plays as we see grey smoke. “Haven” in black, torn letters fades in. It disappears as the drums start. The smoke is gone also. There are a series of quick shots: a gun being fired. A high-heeled foot stepping next to a pole. A syringe injecting someone’s arm. A knife being raised. A key turning in a lock. Coins scattering on a table. A close up of a woman’s lips as she applies lipstick. A shovel being forced into the ground. A close up of someone handcuffing another person’s wrists. A hand flicking a cigarette lighter on. A pair of pliers approaching someone’s finger. A dagger covered in blood hitting the ground. A hand grabbing on to someone’s arm. A close up of an eye opening wide.

As the song suddenly becomes more energetic, there is a montage of criminal records, each face only seen for a fraction of a second.

The camera zooms towards Juliet looking shocked.

MELISSA GEORGE

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Juliet walking with a neutral expression on her face. There is a shot of Juliet pointing a gun looking resolute. There is a shot of Juliet turning her face, looking serious. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of Juliet, Grace and Tegan running. There is a shot of the illuminated “Summertime General” sign.

There is a shot of Devyn reaching out for something.

JUSTIN THEROUX

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Devyn punching someone. There is a shot of him leaning against a wall. There is a shot of him smiling, a little smugly. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of a little girl with a knife in her hand. There is a shot of a gun being fired into the air.

There is a shot of Tegan typing on a computer.

LEISHA HAILEY

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Tegan turning, the flash of sirens causing her to shield her eyes. There is a shot of Tegan putting her hand over mouth. There is a shot of Tegan ****ing her head slightly, smiling. The credit flickers away.

A shot of a woman walking down a corridor of Haven, purposefully. A shot of a man and a woman kissing.

There is a shot of Gael holding out a large knife.

CHARLIE HUNNAM

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Gael hugging someone. There is a shot of a tear streaming down Gael’s face. There is a shot of Gael laughing. The credit flickers away.

A shot of the main entrance opening. A shot of Mark and Aura turning looking surprised in Summertime General.

There is a shot of Grace carrying a plate of food.

SANDRA OH

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Grace putting her head in her hands. A shot of her putting her finger over her lips. A shot of her smiling a little. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of an explosion. A shot of Grace crying in Gael’s arms.

There is a shot of Aura sat at one of the tables in Haven’s kitchen.

DANA DAVIS

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Aura turning looking shocked. A shot of her at the till in Summertime General. A shot of her smiling kindly. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of a hand being placed on the identification pad. A shot of Bethany kissing someone.

There is a shot of Mark walking down the first lower corridor.

RYAN CARNES

The credits flicker on to the screen. There is a shot of Mark looking troubled. A shot of Mark diving out of the way of something. A shot of Mark stroking someone’s hair.

There is a shot of Royce punching someone. A shot of a man moving over a man’s bare stomach.

There is a shot of Jackie sitting in a chair, her index finger on her temple. She looks thoughtful.

STEPHANIE ROMANOV

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Jackie turning, looking out of breath. A shot of her walking looking formidable. A shot of her examining a gun. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of a corridor in Haven. The camera zooms through to the lobby, spinning around, backing through the front entrance. The doors close.

Guest Starring:

JULIE BENZ – Erica McArthur
JOANNA CASSIDY – Deirdre Kyre
PERCY DAGGS – Sam Shaw
JOSH DUHAMEL – Dominic Healy
MERRIN DUNGEY – Marcia Maxx
SAM JONES – Lucas Pedance
THOMAS KOPACHE – Edward Dalen
PETER KRAUSE – Warren Jeffers
MARLENE LAWSTON – Amy McArthur
FRANCES O’CONNOR – Dominique Fay
ANNA PAQUIN - Elle LaTour
JAMES PICKENS JR. – Royce Appleby
AMANDA SEYFRIED – Bethany Thyme

Alex
18-04-09, 06:14 PM
ACT I

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN DINING AREA

Mark is mopping the floor. He looks up in the direction of the kitchen as raised voices can be heard. He catches Warren’s eye. Warren gives him a scathing glance before looking down. Mark looks back at the kitchen.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN KITCHEN

Tegan, Devyn, Dominic, Gael and Bethany are stood around as heated words are exchanged.

Devyn: Di-did you check outside properly?

Gael: She wouldn’t go out there, not alone.

Devyn: (louder) Did you check outside?

Gael: Yes, yes! We bloody checked outside!

Gael looks panicked. Tegan looks extremely worried but tries to compose herself.

Tegan: Ok, ok, calm down a sec-

Dominic: How could you leave her up there?

Gael looks at Dominic and sees that this is directed at him. Dominic looks angry.

Gael: I...I...

Dominic: We always have two people on shift at once to stop something like this from happening!

Gael looks incredulous at this accusation. Bethany looks serious.

Bethany: Wait, I mean, even if Gael was there it totally would not have made any difference, I mean I think we all know this is probably...Amethyst, and one extra person to, uh, kidnap would not be much of a challenge for them.

Tegan: We don’t know it’s Amethyst.

Gael shakes his head.

Gael: We do.

Tegan looks serious.

Tegan: There are other people who could have taken her. The Response for example...or someone else altogether.

Devyn looks serious. Suddenly his expression changes.

Devyn: The security cameras!

He looks around at the others. Gael realises. He turns and half runs through to the dining area. The others all follow.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN SURVEILLANCE AREA

Gael bursts in to the empty room, followed by the others. He quickly sits down in Sam’s chair. Devyn, Tegan and Dominic follow quickly, Bethany follows more slowly.

Bethany: Sam should be here.

Tegan leans over Gael and starts typing.

Tegan: It doesn’t matter, the feed’s still on.

She clicks the mouse and stands back. Everyone watches earnestly.

The footage on the monitor rewinds slightly and then plays. Grace is stood behind the till. Dominic stares at her image sadly. There is a long pause. Devyn frowns.

Devyn: Maybe fast-forward?

Dominic: Wait!

He leans forward. Grace walks over to the door, taking her keys out. Suddenly the door bursts open and two figures in black grab Grace suddenly. Gael looks horrified as she struggles silently and is forced out of the door. Tegan looks down gravely and pauses the tape. Dominic looks angry. There is a close up of Grace’s image on the screen, stretching out her arm, her face contorted with fear.

Gael stands up looking empty. Dominic glares at him.

Dominic: This would never have happened if-

Gael: We’ve all been alone up there hundreds of times, don’t you start blaming me for this!

Gael stares at him angrily. Dominic shakes his head bitterly.

Dominic: I wouldn’t have left her.

Gael steps towards Dominic. Devyn comes between them.

Devyn: Ok, ok guys come on, we are not gonna tear each other apart over this.

Gael looks at him. He begins to look tearful. He looks past Devyn at Dominic.

Gael: You wish I stayed up there? I bloody do as well. But Bethany’s right. If they were waiting for a moment to strike then none of us could have done anything.

Tegan looks sadly at Gael. Dominic still looks angry.

Dominic: It shouldn’t have been her. It shouldn’t have been her!

He storms away, almost in tears. Gael watches wishing there was something he could do. The others look equally helpless. Bethany looks from Tegan to Devyn.

Bethany: What can we do now?

Devyn looks at her. He looks at Tegan. Neither of them have an answer. The door from the dining area opens. Aura is standing looking confused. The others turn and regard her with a cautious look.

Aura: What’s, uh, happening?

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN, ROOM 20

Elle is lying in bed, her eyes closed. Slowly they begin to flicker open. A POV shot shows Sam looking down on her. Elle’s brow narrows.[/i]

Elle: (faintly) S...Sa...?

Sam: Don’t talk Elle. You’ll be better soon.

Elle struggles to stay conscious.

Elle: Wh...wh...did you...do?

Sam reaches for a small glass of water. A tablet is almost fully dissolved into it.

Sam: Just drink.

Despite her condition, Elle tries to move her head away as Sam moves the water closer to her.

Elle: N...n-no!

Her voice is louder as Sam clutches her chin with his free hand, pulling her mouth open. She clutches his wrist. He looks upset as he pours the water into her mouth, some spilling down her chin. Elle splutters and Sam quickly forces her mouth shut. Elle’s eyes stares at him widely, pleadingly, but he does not stop. As she is forced to swallow, Sam lets go of her mouth and stands back. Elle gasps and looks like she would cry if she had the energy. Her hand falls limp. Her eyes begin to close again.

Sam: I am sorry. You’ll be better soon.

He looks as if he is trying to convince himself. Elle looks still once more. Sam screws up his eyes as he comes to terms with what he is doing.

CUT TO:

EXT. BELVIEW CITYSCAPE – DUSK

CUT TO:

EXT. DOMINIQUE’S TRAILER – DUSK

CUT TO:

INT. DOMINIQUE’S TRAILER

Dominique is still pointing the gun at Juliet who stares back. She smiles slightly.

Juliet: Guess I’m not the only one who’s liberal with the truth.

Dominique smirks.

Dominique: Gotta be careful who you talk to. You know that.

Juliet nods.

Juliet: Yeah I do know that.

She stands slowly. Dominique takes off the safety of the gun and glares. Juliet looks unimpressed.

Juliet: All this time and you still keep your gun in the same place. You could have done with some variation Dom; might have helped you in this situation. I’m surprised you let your guard down this much.

Dominique looks confused and then pulls the trigger. Juliet doesn’t flinch. Nothing happens. Dominique glances at the gun. Juliet then takes out her own gun and points it in Dominique’s direction. Dominique lowers her own gun as she realises she has no choice.

Dominique: What do you want?

Juliet: I have questions. I’m almost certain you have answers. Let’s catch up.

Alex
18-04-09, 06:14 PM
ACT II

CUT TO:

INT. OFFICE

An elevator door opens. The sounds of people off screen can be heard as Juliet walks out from the elevator and walks purposefully through an office area. Men and women dressed smartly are working around her. As Juliet walks past the camera focuses on a jacket hung on a chair. There is a badge attached: “Equitas”.

CUT TO:

INT. SMALLER OFFICE

Edward Dalen glances up as the door opens quickly. Juliet walks towards him.

Edward: Juliet. As polite as usual.

Juliet stops and stares at him seriously. She shakes her head.

Juliet: I can’t do it again Dalen. I won’t.

Edward gives her his usual relaxed smile.

Edward: I take it you were successful.

Juliet: Of course it was.

He nods.

Edward: Good. Hopefully that will be the last...difficult case that I’ll need to give you, for the time being at least.

Juliet looks troubled.

Juliet: That boy was barely nine-

Edward: He is none of your concern, and neither is his mother.

Juliet looks angry.

Juliet: I don’t kill innocent people.

Edward: Please; you may have convinced yourself that what you do is “right” but when it comes down to it you are a killer, Juliet; let’s not hide away from that. Innocent and guilty are a little black and white, don’t you think?

Juliet looks serious.

Edward: You will kill who I tell you to because you have to. Because it is what you are.

Juliet closes her eyes and then stares at Edward.

Juliet: Please, Edward-

Edward: Do you really think it’s appropriate for you to ask anything of me after what I’ve done for you?

Juliet says nothing but her eyes plead with him. Edward hesitates.

Edward: I was going to assign you to another target but...considering your feelings towards his wife and son; I am prepared to give it to someone else.

Juliet narrows her brow looking cautious.

CUT TO:

INT. CORRIDOR

Juliet knocks on a door. After a few seconds the door opens. A slightly younger Dominique is standing on the other side. She smiles.

Dominique: Hey, was wondering when you’d get back.

Juliet smiles back awkwardly.

Juliet: Hey.

Dominique narrows her brow, still smiling.

Dominique: What’s up?

Juliet hesitates.

Juliet: I hear you have an assignment.

Dominique smiles, confused.

Dominique: I have a lot of assignments.

Juliet: I’m talking about your newest.

Dominique’s smile fades.

Dominique: Now how’d you know about that?

Juliet: Dalen filled me in. Look I don’t know who he is exactly but-

Juliet hears a door opening nearby. She looks anxious and turns to Dominique.

Juliet: Can I come in?

Dominique nods and Juliet walks in. The door closes as we...

FADE TO:

INT. HAVEN DINING AREA

Devyn, Tegan, Gael, Royce, Bethany, Aura, Mark, Marcia, Lucas, Warren, Erica and her children are all present. The fearful atmosphere is evident on all of their faces.

Marcia: What does this mean?

Lucas: You gonna look for her?

Gael: I am.

Tegan: Gael-

Gael: No, T, I don’t care, this is Grace-

Devyn: Everyone knows that Gael. But you know Amethyst probably want this. If they know about the security systems then they know they can’t walk in. Either they’re waiting for us to try and find Grace or...

Gael stares at him.

Gael: Or they’ll torture her till she tells them how to get in. And you know that.

Devyn looks uneasy. The others look grave.

Royce: This isn’t a hopeless situation.

Mark: It isn’t?

Royce looks at him and then at Gael.

Royce: Liliana left just before this, perhaps she can at least shed some light on the situation, if not look into where Grace may have been taken.

Aura: But she left already, she won’t be back for days now.

Royce hesitates. Tegan narrows her brow.

Tegan: You know where she is.

Royce glances at her and nods slightly. Gael looks eager to know more.

Gael: Where!?

Royce: I can’t tell you.

Gael looks confused.

Royce: If Amethyst truly have found us and are simply waiting...then it is conceivable that we can evade capture for only so long. The less all of you know about where Liliana can be found...the better.

There is a short pause.

Gael: What are you waiting for?

Royce looks at him and then at the others.

Tegan: If you can.

Royce nods and walks away. There is silence amongst the others.

Warren: This mean we sit and wait for something worse to happen?

Tegan gives him a look. Warren frowns, shaking his head. He begins to walk away.

Devyn: Warren-

Warren turns round quickly.

Warren: They are bad enough.

He point fiercely at Aura and Mark who try not to look back. Bethany looks at Warren sadly.

Warren: Now you tell us that these Amethyst people are just outside the door, and you expect everyone to sit back and be ok with that? The only reason I’ve stuck around since Marissa was murdered is because Juliet seemed a pretty convincing leader. Looks like without her? You’re nothing.

He turns away in disgust and towards the first lower-corridor. Erica looks grace; Teya’s head is buried in her shirt and for once Riley is still as he watches the situation unfold.

Lucas: Do we get guns?

Devyn looks at him.

Lucas: If all hell breaks loose; what else are we gonna defend ourselves with?

Devyn: It’s not gonna come to that.

Lucas: It might.

Erica stands.

Erica: I’d like a gun as well.

Mark glances at Amy. Amy notices and looks away. Aura frowns.

Aura: You have children.

Erica gives her a glance of surprise.

Erica: Please do not give me a lesson in childcare-

Tegan: No.

Erica looks at her, as do the others.

Tegan: We’re not gonna do this.

She looks from Erica to Lucas.

Tegan: We don’t even have enough guns for you guys and even if we did I wouldn’t give them to you because I know Juliet wouldn’t.

Marcia: T, she’s not here-

Tegan: Her rules are.

Erica looks unsatisfied.

Erica: I think I’ve been here long enough to deserve the chance to defend myself.

Tegan looks defiant.

Tegan: You won’t need to.

Devyn glances at her. Gael looks serious and catches Amy’s eye. Erica looks frustrated and turns away, taking Teya’s hand roughly as she sits on one of the further tables. Gael looks weary as he walks in the direction of the kitchen. The others begin to disperse. Tegan and Devyn stay where they are. Devyn smiles in an attempt to comfort Tegan and she smiles back weakly. He walks away, leaving Tegan with Bethany. Bethany frowns.

Bethany: Shouldn’t Sam be here?

Tegan: He’s in the surveillance room. I think we need someone in there 24/7-

Bethany: Wait, I just went up there, it was empty.

Tegan looks surprised. She hesitates and then walks towards the lobby. Bethany follows.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 20

Sam is sat with his head leaning back against the wall. He rolls his head slightly to look across at Elle’s sleeping figure in the bed. He closes his eyes. There is a knock at the door. He turns sharply and gets up. He walks to the door and opens it. Tegan and Bethany stand in the corridor. Tegan looks serious.

Tegan: Sam what are you doing down here?

Sam opens his mouth.

Sam: Uh...Elle was, she was in pain, I thought I should stay with her...I mean who else am I gonna ask to do it?

Bethany’s eyes flicker upon Elle. Sam looks at Bethany awkwardly.

Tegan: She doesn’t need you all day. We do. Look, I know she’s not good, but how can you help her?

Sam looks serious.

Sam: I’m not gonna be much help watching the surveillance monitor either if I gotta be there all day and night.

Tegan nods.

Tegan: I know. Devyn’s taking a shift later.

Sam: One extra person isn’t gonna make much difference.

Tegan hesitates.

Tegan: Yeah, well, guess that means I’m gonna have to ask some of the others.

She raises her eyebrows and walks away. Bethany watches her, frowning slightly. Both she and Sam know who Tegan means. Bethany looks at Sam. She smile faintly but notices some broken glass on the floor. Sam follows her gaze and notices the glass also. He turns back and smiles awkwardly.

Sam: I dropped her water glass. Musta’ missed that piece.

Bethany nods vaguely and walks away. As she goes she looks troubled. Sam watches her walking away and then looks back at Elle. He looks worried as he forces himself to walk away. He closes the door behind him and locks it.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN KITCHEN

Gael is sat at the kitchen table. He looks like he hasn’t slept, his eyes bloodshot. A door opens and Devyn walks in. A spark of hope appears on Gael’s face as he prepares to rise. Devyn shakes his head.

Devyn: Don’t get up, Gael.

Gael sits back down heavily. Devyn surveys him sympathetically.

Devyn: Sorry, I, just realised I haven’t eaten and it’s almost four.

Gael nods very slightly. He stares downwards, his chin in his hands. Devyn walks over to a cupboard and takes some crisps out. He opens the packet and starts to eating, looking glad to have some nourishment. He looks at the cupboard that he took the crisps from. It is almost empty. He glances at Gael.

Devyn: I don’t suppose you know where Juliet gets the food orders from?

Gael half glances at him.

Devyn: Just...we’re running kinda low. I don’t know what to do if we run out.

Gael looks back at the table.

Gael: S’all right. I’ll take care of it.

Devyn nods. He hesitates, closing the cupboard door. Slowly he walks over to Gael. Gael glances at Devyn again.

Devyn: I, uh-

Gael: Please, Devyn...don’t try and make me feel better, thanks all the same.

He looks pained. Devyn pauses and nods.

Devyn: You can’t just do nothing all day. I know, ok, I know you hurt, and I’ve been doing it too since Juliet...

He searches for the words.

Devyn: It’s not healthy. We’re still here. Life has to go on. We have to go on.

Gael looks at him fully, his brow narrowed.

Gael: No one is saying anything. Almost all the guests have pissed off, cause we are becoming more and more useless at protecting them. Dominic blames me for leaving Grace up there alone. There is nothing I can do to make any of this better. I haven’t felt this close to despair...since my mother died. So I am going to sit here, all right? That’s how I’m gonna go on.

Devyn realises he is powerless. He nods slightly and leaves. Gael continues to stare at the table.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Tegan sits behind the reception. She looks serious.

Tegan: You’re gonna be alone out there.

Warren stands on the other side of the desk.

Warren: And what do I have here? A dead wife and the people responsible.

Tegan looks serious.

Warren: I need to find my faith again. I can’t do that here. I’m done.

Tegan looks like she wishes she could give Warren a reason to stay. However she simply shakes her head.

Tegan: All right.

Warren nods thankfully.

Warren: Can you take me up now?

Tegan sighs.

Tegan: Sure.

Tegan walks around the reception. Warren prepares to follow her. He turns his head and sees Bethany walking out from the lobby. She frowns as she realises what is happening. Tegan turns and notices, hesitating. Bethany walks forwards slowly.

Bethany: You know leaving without saying goodbye is kinda rude.

Warren hesitates and shrugs.

Warren: What do you want from me? I barely know you. I’m-I’m grateful for what you did for me, for-for Marissa, but I don’t need anything else.

Bethany looks disappointed.

Bethany: I thought maybe you’d reconsider just running away.

Warren looks irritated.

Warren: Running is the one thing I can decide to do for me. If you wanna stay down here, that’s your choice...and I hope you don’t end up in a cell somewhere.

Bethany considers this and nods.

Bethany: You too.

She does not smile as she turns away. Warren watches her for a moment before turning to Tegan who has been listening. She opens the door fully and Warren walks out for the last time.

CUT TO:

EXT. DOMINIQUE’S TRAILER – NIGHT

CUT TO:

INT. DOMINIQUE’S TRAILER

The scene continues from before. Juliet looks expectant.

Juliet: Equitas becomes Amethyst. When?

Dominique: A few years ago now. A while after you left.

Juliet: And you’re still working for them. Even after what they did to you.

Dominique looks affected by this. She forces a smile.

Dominique: And you certainly aren’t.

Juliet says nothing.

Dominique: You don’t know what you’re missing.

Juliet: Yeah, I see you’re reaping the benefits.

She glances around. Dominique laughs slightly.

Dominique: The trailer’s good for weekdays. You know what I get on the weekends?

Juliet raises an eyebrow.

Juliet: Enlighten me.

Dominique leans towards her slightly.

Dominique: Anything I want.

Juliet looks unimpressed.

Dominique: Don’t tell me you’re not tempted.

Juliet narrows her brow.

Juliet: I know what Amethyst are. I know what they do.

Dominique: Yeah, they’re Equitas with a new name.

Juliet looks angry.

Juliet: I know what Equitas were too. Their one redeeming feature being that they seemed to be concerned about saving lives. Amethyst aren’t worried about society-

Dominique: Jesus Christ, you think “society” want anything to do with people like you and me? We kill the people who other people want gone, it’s as simple as that. You can’t justify it as some public service. You’re as twisted as me girlfriend. Don’t forget it.

Juliet narrows her eyes.

Juliet: I made mistakes-

Dominique: Just a couple of thousand?

Juliet: I had no choice.

Dominique: Sure you did. You could always have said no.

Juliet: I got away. Which is more than you can say.

Dominique stares back.

Dominique: I don’t need to get away. I’m happy right where I am. Where are you?

Juliet pauses.

Juliet: I need more information on Amethyst.

Dominique rolls her eyes.

Dominique: If I remember rightly, you’re the one who owes me a favour.

Juliet narrows her eyes.

Juliet: I’d consider the fact that I haven’t shot you where you stand makes us just about even.

Dominique smiles incredulously.

Dominique: Same old Juliet; so wronged by the world that “forced” you to do all those bad things. Where would we all be without you? I know one little boy and his mom who might be doing a whole lot better-

Juliet: I don’t need your knee-caps to do this.

Dominique’s confident demeanour falters slightly. Juliet tries to look unphased.

Juliet: I have somewhere I need to get back to. Before I do that; I need you to talk. So try your very, very best to keep it short and sweet.

Dominique narrows her eyes.

Juliet: What are Amethyst planning?

Alex
18-04-09, 06:16 PM
ACT III

CUT TO:

INT. DARK ROOM

“Soft Revolution” by Stars plays. The camera moves over a table to reveal a figure handcuffed to a chair. It is Royce. He looks like he unconscious. Then, a door can be heard opening off-screen and a faint light shines on Royce. He opens his eyes slightly, not yet used to the new light level. A figure rushes up to and begins to remove his handcuffs, their urgent breathing heard. Royce glances up at the new figure.

Royce: Who are you?

It is Dominique. She looks flustered as she removes Royce’s left hand, having already freed his right. She ignores his question. Royce looks confused.

Royce: Are you here to kill me?

She looks him in the eye.

‘We are here to save your life
The fool, the drunk, the child and his wife’

Dominique: I was; luckily you have a friend you didn’t know about. Now any other questions are only gonna make this slower, so you wanna live, you follow me, ok?

’ We won't let the sun go down
We're gonna chase the demons out of town’

She raises her eyebrows looking expectant. Royce pauses but nods slowly. Dominique quickly clicks a gun magazine into her small gun and walks away hurriedly. Royce gets up, following her.

CUT TO:

INT. HALLWAY

Guards are lying unconscious around the hallway as Dominique and Royce hurry down. Dominique looks like she expects trouble, her gun poised for action. Royce looks down at the bodies.

‘Sing it when you feel alone
Backwards through the megaphone ‘

Royce: You did all this?

Dominique: Not all.

She talks without turning round. From behind them, fighting can be heard from the room at the end of the corridor. Both of them stop and Royce looks serious.

Royce: Who is that?

Dominique: It doesn’t matter!

‘Sing it to the ones you love
And the ones you'd like to be rid of’

She quickly grabs his arm and pulls him towards a door. As she does so a guard’s body breaks through the doors at the other end of the corridor. Wood splinters around his unconscious body. Royce looks shocked, and even Dominique fails to hide her alarm, but she quickly turns to him and widens her eyes as she indicates that he should walk through. Royce hesitantly obliges. As he moves off-screen, Dominique turns back. Juliet walks through the broken door. Their eyes meet. Juliet nods and Dominique nods back. She turns and follows Royce. Juliet watches, knowing she has done what she intended. She looks around at the destruction she has caused. The song fades out.

FADE TO:

INT. DOMINIQUE’S TRAILER

The scene continues from the end of Act II.

Dominique: The short answer? Amethyst don’t tell me nothing. Why the hell would they?

Juliet narrows her eyes.

Juliet: Doesn’t mean you don’t know anything.

Dominique smiles and glances away before looking backing at Juliet.

Dominique: They wanna do the same as Equitas . Stop crime. They just willing to go a little further to do it, that’s all.

Juliet narrows her brow.

Dominique: You know what used to happen in this city before Equitas, Jules? What still happens.

Juliet: I know what Equitas were capable of, and I have the scars to remember it, so if Amethyst are willing to go “further”? That’s not a solution

Dominique rolls her eyes.

Dominique: You never convinced me you were the poster-child for justice back when we were working together Jules, don’t start again now.

Juliet says nothing. Dominique narrows her eyes.

Dominique: Now here’s a question for you...

Juliet looks surprised.

Dominique: What kind of person would be so concerned about stopping an organisation hell bent on wiping out criminal activity?

Dominique fixes her with an inquisitive glance.

Dominique: Wouldn’t be a stretch to deduce that it could be someone directly affected by the work of that...organisation. Maybe someone who’s life is in danger because of that organisation. Dontcha think?

Juliet hesitates.

Dominique: Someone hiding out somewhere like Haven?

Juliet tries not to react but Dominique sees her expression change. Dominique narrows her eyes, a smile starting to return.

CUT TO:

EXT. SUMMERTIME GENERAL – NIGHT

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN, ROOM 10

There is a wide shot of the room; Bethany is lying on the bed. A closer shot shows her staring at the covers, a gentle but thoughtful look on her face as she remembers Josef. Her fingers scratch across the duvet as she clutches it. She closes her eyes as she presses her head further into the pillow. Her eyes open again and she lifts her head up.

MARK’S ROOM - HAVEN

The door opens to show Bethany in the staff corridor. Mark stares at her from the other side of the threshold. He looks shocked to see her at his door. Bethany exhales.

Bethany: I need to talk to you.

Mark hesitates.

Mark: Bethany, I-

Bethany: This isn’t about you or me Mark. It’ll be a long, long time before I can look at you without seeing Josef’s dead body, so let’s remove ourselves from this situation ok?

Mark frowns.

Mark: Situation?

Bethany walks past him. Mark turns back and hesitates before closing the door.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

Typing can be heard as the door opens. Tegan walks in and looks surprised. Devyn looks up from Juliet’s desk. Tegan smiles, confused.

Tegan: Hey.

Devyn: Hey, uh, the internet is officially dead.

Tegan sighs.

Tegan: Oh. That’s what I came for.

Devyn smiles awkwardly.

Devyn: I don’t wanna start messing around with our connection, Juliet musta’ done something to stop anyone else finding it.

Tegan nods. There is a pause.

Tegan: She’s done a lot more than that. Food, power...it’s all down to her.

She exhales.

Tegan: Some of it...I don’t know enough about it, I...never thought there’d be a situation where I’d have to-

Devyn: I don’t think anyone did.

Tegan looks serious.

Tegan: Why? Cause Juliet’s the leader, we’re just the followers? That’s stupid.

She looks annoyed.

Tegan: This whole thing is stupid. Things start to fall apart because she leaves for a few days?

She shakes her head.

Tegan: When she comes back things have gotta change.

Devyn stares at her. Tegan smiles awkwardly and walks out. As she does Devyn looks awkward and stands, beginning to follow.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Tegan walks in from the main corridor and heads behind the reception desk. Devyn appears from the same direction and steps forwards a little.

Devyn: T...

Tegan turns back. Devyn smiles awkwardly.

Devyn: You’re doing a good job leading.

Tegan smiles and shrugs.

Tegan: Couldn’t do it without the rest of you.

Devyn: Yeah well I don’t think Juliet could either.

Tegan’s smile fades. Devyn notices.

Devyn: You’re right though; things need to change.

Tegan: They’re already starting too.

Devyn looks interested. Tegan steps towards him.

Tegan: Juliet always tries to act appropriately, you know? This was all business for her. No room for anything else.

Devyn narrows his brow.

Devyn: Was?

Tegan: Until you.

Devyn opens his mouth slightly. Tegan smiles sadly.

Tegan: Ever since I arrived, she’s always kept people at a distance. Men, especially. But...she was the one who started to make me see you in a different way. She relies on you, and I see why. You refuse to let us fall apart.

Tegan looks like her own words are causing her pain. Devyn stares into her eyes.

Devyn: I wasn’t sure...whether for her I was...whether she and I were...more.

Tegan hesitates.

Tegan: I don’t think you’re gonna be disappointed.

There is a short pause. Royce suddenly appears behind them, dressed in a coat and hat. Devyn turns, aware of his presence. Royce smiles weakly.

Royce: It’s getting late. I’m going to go.

Tegan nods and smiles. Royce nods at the two of them and walks towards the front door. Tegan walks to the chair behind the desk and sits. Devyn watches Royce.

Devyn: Wait.

Royce stops and looks back. Tegan looks up at Devyn. Devyn inhales.

Devyn: I’m coming with you.

Tegan looks surprised. Devyn looks decided.

CUT TO:

INT. THIRD LOWER-CORRIDOR

Bethany and Mark appear next to Room 20’s door. Mark hesitates as he moves his hand towards the door to knock. Bethany looks annoyed and knocks quickly. Mark looks at her and then at the door. There is no response.

Mark: Maybe she’s still asleep.

Bethany: Yeah, I’m sure she is.

She rolls her eyes and takes a key from her pocket and quickly opens the door.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 20

Bethany and Mark stand near the door. Bethany’s eyes widen. Sam is lying on the ground, unconscious, a small stream of blood trickling from his forehead. Bethany and Mark look to see Elle walking out from the en suite. She has one hand covering her bullet wound. The other is pointing Sam’s gun at them. She looks furious.

Elle: Y’all gonna let me go. All right?

Mark’s eyes glance at Elle’s wound. Blood drips through her fingers.

Mark: How far do you think you’ll get with that?

Elle glances down but looks defiant.

Elle: I’ll be outta here. That’s all that matters.

Bethany glances at Sam.

Elle: He ain’t dead. He’ll be sleepin’ for a while is all.

She smiles bitterly.

Mark: Not gonna let you die out there Elle.

Elle clutches the gun looking angry.

Elle: You sound like him.

Mark: I’m not.

Bethany looks serious.

Bethany: I know what he was doing to you-

Elle: Bitch you’re the reason I’m clutching my gut and trying not to get blood on my shoes, don’t you try and act like you care now.

Bethany: I don’t care about you.

Elle narrows her brow.

Bethany: Part of me wishes that third bullet hit you a little higher up, but it didn’t. And I’m less angry now than I was then...and I see Sam here, going to pretty extreme lengths to keep you here, alive.

Elle: Listen this gun is getting kinda heavy, I’m either gon’ shoot it or take it with me-

Bethany: Shut up.

Elle looks at her angrily.

Bethany: Letting yourself die to spite us is fine by me. But I like Sam, and you’re important to him for some reason. He at least should get to have a little happiness.

Elle looks angry.

Elle: Hedrugged me-

Mark: To save you.

She looks at Mark.

Mark: Don’t you see?

Elle looks bitter and glances at Sam’s body. She slowly lowers the gun, tears forming in her eyes.

Elle: I need something to stop the bleeding.

She does not look at them. Bethany looks at Mark and nods as she walks away. Mark walks over to Elle as she moves to bed.

Elle: Can you get him out of here?

Elle begins to lie down on the bed. Mark hesitates and then walks over to Sam. He prepares to get him up.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN KITCHEN

Gael is still sat alone. He takes a bite from the meal on the plate in front of him. Suddenly the bulb of one of the lights blows. Gael looks up, surprised. Half of the room is now in darkness. Gael sighs and gets up.

Gael opens one of the cupboards and takes out a replacement bulb. As he does he begins to cry. He holds on to the side of the counter to support himself. He goes out of focus as the door from the dining area opens. Amy stands at the door. Gael quickly tries to dry his eyes and stands. Amy watches him.

Amy: Hi.

Gael smiles.

Gael: Hey, Amy, what you doing here, isn’t it past your bedtime?

Amy: I came for a glass of water. There’s none in the other room.

Gael nods and walks over to another cupboard. He opens it and takes a glass out and heads to the sink. He runs the tap.[/i

Amy: You’re sad because Grace is gone.

[i]Gael stops and turns off the tap. He smiles sadly as he takes the full glass and walks over to her.

Gael: Yeah, I am.

He hands her the glass and she takes it still watching him.

Gael: You should sleep.

Amy: What about you? You’re all alone.

Gael smiles. Amy takes a sip.

Gael: Your mum’s gonna be worried if she wakes up-

Amy: She’s always worried. I don’t wanna sleep.

Gael hesitates.

Gael: You hungry?

Amy nods. Gael smiles a little and turns. Amy follows him to the table.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN STAFF CORRIDOR

Tegan exhales. She knocks on Dominic’s door. There is a sound of movement on the other side of the door. Tegan looks hesitant as she listens.

Tegan: Dominic?

There is a pause. More movement. The door opens slightly and Tegan moves back. Dominic peers through the small opening. He looks uncomfortable. Tegan looks serious.

Tegan: I thought I’d come and see if you-

Dominic: I-I’m fine...fine.

He slurs a little. Tegan looks unconvinced.

Tegan: Anything you want?

Dominic: No. Thanks...

He avoids looking at her. Tegan narrows her brow staring at him.

Tegan: All right.

She backs away in the direction of her room.

Dominic watches her go and then turns around closing the door behind him.

CUT TO:

INT. DOMINIC’S ROOM

Dominic leans against the door and exhales. He slides down to the ground. He is barefoot and his belt and trouser zip are undone.

Woman OS: Want me to stay till you’re sober?

Dominic glances up. Aura is stood looking down at him. Dominic shakes his head.

Dominic: No. Go. Get-get outta here.

He looks down, determined not to look at her again. Aura shakes her head and sits on the bed, quickly putting on her boots. She looks at Dominic and realises he’s not moving. Dominic looks empty. Aura gets up and crouches beside Dominic and helps him up. He looks pained.

Dominic: I don’t need...you...

Aura: Yeah well you’re kinda blocking the door.

Dominic lies back on his bed and stares upwards. Aura looks down at him and nods.

Aura: Sleep now ok, no more drink.

She turns. Dominic grabs on to her wrist as she moves away, pulling her back. Dominic looks upset.

Dominic: I...I didn’t want-

Aura: You wanted what you got. And so did I.

Aura looks ashamed. “Soon We’ll Be Found” by Sia begins to play.

Aura: I’m sorry.

She doesn’t look at him as she leaves. Dominic watches, his energy vacant.

CUT TO:

Aura walks in the direction of her room, leaving what she has done behind her.

‘Come along it is the break of day’

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 20

Elle lies down staring at the ceiling; Mark sits with her in silence.

‘Surely now, you'll have some things to say’

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN SURVEILLANCE ROOM

The door opens. Sam looks up and sees Tegan. She looks serious as she closes the door.

‘It's not the time for telling tales on me’

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN KITCHEN

Gael talks with Amy. Despite her company he still has tears in his eyes.

‘So come along, it won’t be long
'Til we return happy’

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 10

Bethany is asleep on Josef’s old bed.

‘Shut your eyes, there are no lies
In this world we call sleep’

CUT TO:

INT. DOMINIC’S ROOM

Dominic lies on the bed. He looks over and sees the television that Grace set up for him.

‘Let's desert this day of hurt
Tomorrow we'll be free’

Dominic screws up his face and throws an empty beer bottle at the television. It shatters next to it.

‘Let's not fight I'm tired can't we just sleep tonight’

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 20

Mark stands realising that Elle wants nothing from him.

‘Don't turn away it's just there's nothing left here to say’

CUT TO:

‘Turn around I know we're lost but soon we'll be found’

Sam walks away from Tegan as she sits down to start her shift. He does not look back at her but she watches him.

CUT TO:

INT. OFFICE

The song fades out as Jackie comes into view. She looks shocked.

Jackie: A-arrested?

Deirdre is sat behind her desk.

Deirdre: Yes. Mr Dalen will no longer be working for Amethyst.

Jackie looks at a loss.

Jackie: I...how, what has he done?

Deirdre: That’s nothing you need to concern yourself with. All you need to know is that we have been delving into the personal history of each employee.

Jackie frowns.

Jackie: Personal history?

Deirdre: Yes. The higher echelons have expected a mole for some time now. We have been investigating thoroughly.

Jackie looks surprised.

Jackie: Dalen!?

Deirdre says nothing, but stares at Jackie. Doors open behind them. Jackie turns and looks confused to see several officers standing at the entrance to the room.

Deirdre: You should have been honest with us Jackie.

Jackie turns back. Deirdre looks unsympathetic.

Deirdre: Perhaps events would not have developed in this way.

She glances at the guards and nods. Jackie looks horrified as guards stand either side of her, pulling her up.

Jackie: Ma’am-

Deirdre: Take her.

Jackie’s eyes widen as she is forced towards the door. Deirdre watches, her gaze deadly.

Alex
18-04-09, 06:16 PM
ACT IV

CUT TO:

INT. DARK ROOM

Deirdre and Edward face Juliet in the cell, the same scene from the end of “Dust”. Deirdre looks angry, Edward looks calmer. He steps towards Juliet.

Edward: Considering your tendency to become lost in a myriad of hopeless ideals Juliet...it isn’t so difficult to understand your motives in this incident.

Juliet says nothing.

Edward: But you Dominique.

The camera moves over to show Dominique stood by the wall. She looks uneasy.

Edward: Why throw away all that you have, for this?

Dominique hesitates and is about to speak.

Juliet: I pleaded with her.

Edwards looks at her. Juliet glances at him.

Juliet: I forced her to help me.

Dominique looks ashamed. Deirdre looks unimpressed.

Deirdre: Both of you are responsible for your own actions, there is no question of force at work here.

Juliet: She didn’t want to, I told her I’d make her life hell if she didn’t do this.

Dominique: Jules-

Juliet stares straight at Edward.

Juliet: You know I would have done it.

She looks deadly. Edward calmly considers what Juliet is saying.

Juliet: She only showed me the way; I did the rest.

Deirdre: Pfft.

Edward looks at her. Deirdre looks unconvinced.

Deirdre: You can’t seriously believe that any kind of coercion occurred here.

She gives both Juliet and Dominique scathing looks.

Deirdre: A break of contract is a break of contract...details taken into account or not.

Dominique looks away. Juliet closes her eyes. Edward pauses.

Edward: You are desperate not to be this Juliet; but you will not escape this way.

Juliet looks at him.

Edward: I plan to extend your contract for ten years further. Once that period has concluded your future at Equitas will be debated.

Juliet looks horrified. Deirdre looks pleased. Edward glances at Dominique.

Edward: And as for you, Dominiqiue...I believe we will have to find you an incentive never to allow a target to live...ever again. Perhaps you could benefit from the same lesson, Juliet.

Dominique and Juliet both look worried by this. Edward glances at the guards. They move in to Juliet and Dominique. Juliet fixes him with a glare.

CUT TO:

INT. CORRIDOR, EQUITAS

Juliet and Dominique are escorted down a glass corridor that passes between two buildings. Both of them are handcuffed. Juliet has several nasty bruises on her face. Dominique has a very deliberate cut on her cheek. Juliet looks out of the window at the city below, the Sun bathing it in gentle light. Juliet looks as though she is thinking hard as she continues on. Suddenly she spins round and grabs the guard behind her. The guard has no time to act before Juliet knocks him out with a quick punch to his temple. The guard in front of Juliet raises his gun but Juliet kicks him in the chest, forcing him to the ground.

Dominique is shocked by this as the three other guards around her aim their guns at Juliet. Dominique acts quickly and kicks one of the guard’s guns out of his hands. Another aims their gun at Dominique but Juliet roundhouse kicks him in the face. The final guard shoots and bullets shatter the panes of the glass corridor as Juliet rolls out of the way swiftly. Dominique kicks him in the groin; he falls, writhing in pain. She then smacks both her fists down on his head and he is knocked unconscious. Dominique and Juliet look at one another. Dominique shakes her head, smiling in disbelief as Juliet takes a pair of keys from one of the guards and removes her handcuffs now.

Dominique: What the hell you gon’ do now, we’re twenty-five floors up?

Juliet stands and looks at her. She swiftly punches Dominique who gasps and falls back, dazed. Juliet looks regretful.

Juliet: Tell ‘em you tried to stop me.

Dominique watches as Juliet runs down the corridor and out of sight. She looks in pain from the hit Juliet just landed on her, and is too weak to do anything other than watch. The camera suddenly zooms down from the glass corridor and to the base of the building. The camera moves through Equitas’ double doors. In the lobby Edward and Deirdre walk towards a figure. Jackie.

Edward: Ms Stevens, good to meet you. I’m Edward Dalen. And this is my business partner Deirdre Kyre.

Jackie smiles and shakes hands with them both.

Jackie: A pleasure to meet you sir, ma’am.

Deidre: We look forward to seeing your consultancy skills at work.

Jackie: I look forward to showing them to you.

Deidre nods, smiling.

Edward: We’ll show you to your office, I’m afraid it’s nothing spectacular at the moment, but there is always the potential to move up the ranks.

They begin walking. The camera moves towards Jackie’s face.

Jackie: Oh I certainly hope to.

She smiles to herself.

FADE TO:

INT. DOMINIQUE’S TRAILER

Juliet raises the gun more pointedly. Dominique smiles.

Dominique: You know it’s real interesting that The Circle tried repeatedly to get into Haven. Crazy nuts didn’t cut it for any of them, but every other thief, murderer and husband who beats on his wife got in just fine. Now why would that be?

Juliet says nothing. Dominique stares at her.

Dominique: So that’s where you ended up. Bet Amethyst have been giving you a lotta grief.

Juliet: I am not talking to you about Haven.

Dominique: How ironic it is that you save the people you once woulda killed for the right amount.

Juliet: These are people being systematically destroyed by Amethyst. They have nowhere else to go.

Dominique: So it’s bad now because someone else is pulling the trigger?

Juliet stays calm.

Juliet: My priorities changed. The biggest threat to this city changed.

Dominique shakes her head smiling slightly.

Dominique: You said you wanted to get away from Equitas but look at yourself; how far did you really get? You couldn’t leave it behind, but you had one big chance to change your life. You’re still part of the fight; you just switched sides for whatever reason. You should really reconsider that.

Dominique looks serious and walks towards Juliet.

Dominique: You ain’t got no future in that little underground hole.

Juliet looks angry.

Juliet: You’re wrong.

Dominique: Those people don’t care about anyone but themselves.

Juliet: Some, maybe. But others...they care. One in particular has helped me to care again.

Dominique smiles unkindly.

Dominique: Aw, do I sense the tender chime of love in the air?

Juliet looks serious.

Juliet: What happened to you? You used to-

Dominique: I used to be a fool. Seems one of us learned.

She leans very close now and speaks cuttingly.

Dominique: I hope that time you had with your lover was good, Juliet.

Juliet narrows her brow.

Dominique: Might just be the last he ever gets.

Juliet’s lips part. Dominique suddenly grabs the gun from Juliet. The silent bullets hit the wall as Juliet struggles. She punches Dominique in the face and pulls the trigger again but the bullets have been used up. Dominique kicks at Juliet but Juliet grabs her leg and pushes her back into the counter. Dominique gasps slightly and then opens a drawer. Juliet quickly rushes her as Dominique grabs a knife and swings it in Juliet’s direction, slashing Juliet’s cheek. Juliet grabs her face in pain before slamming her foot upon Dominique’s wrist which is crushed against the side of the counter. Dominique cries out as she drops the knife. Juliet punches her and Dominique places her hands on the counter to brace her fall.

Juliet goes for the knife but Dominique is quicker and squeezes her arm around Juliet’s neck, dragging her up. Juliet chokes but manages to elbow Dominique in the face. Dominique rebounds, loosening her grip. Juliet grabs her and flips her over. Dominique hits the table but it does not break. As Juliet punches down, aiming for Dominique’s face, Dominique rolls and lands on her feet. She picks up the fruit bowl and smashes it at Juliet who is forced back against the wall. She looks at Dominique, blood through her teeth. Dominique throws the bowl and Juliet barely ducks as it smashes on the wall where her head was a second earlier. Juliet rolls forwards and grabs Dominique’s neck, picking her up and slamming her against the wall. Dominique chokes now but kicks at Juliet. Juliet gasp in pain as she is kicked in the stomach and loses her grip. She and Dominique both hit the ground. As Dominique rises, Juliet lunges at her.

CUT TO:

EXT. DOMINIQUE’S TRAILER

The two of them smash through the closed back door and wood splinter around them as they roll down the steps of Dominique’s back porch.

Dominique lands on top of Juliet and punches her twice. She grabs a splintered piece of wood and is about to stab Juliet with it when Juliet manages to throw her off. Dominique hits the steps, dropping the piece of wood. Juliet grabs it and holds it at Dominique’s throat. Dominique gasps and breathes heavily, staring up at Juliet.

Dominique: Please, please Jules. Let...let me come to Haven, let me...do you really want to be the one to kill me?

Juliet hesitates, the sharp wood millimetres from Dominique’s neck. Dominique stares at her desperately. Juliet looks sad.

Juliet: No.

She shakes her head. Dominique looks hopeful. Juliet clenches her teeth.

Juliet: But I can’t take the risk with you.

She sticks the wood into Dominique’s heart. Dominique gasps, her eyes wide. She splutters for a moment and is then still, her eyes staring blankly. Juliet looks affected but stands. She looks afraid as she starts to run.

CUT TO:

EXT. TRAILER PARK

Juliet runs through the park.

CUT TO:

INT. EQUITAS

Juliet runs through the building in the past, searching for an escape.

CUT TO:

EXT. TRAILER PARK

Juliet continues.

CUT TO:

INT. EQUITAS

People look surprised as Juliet runs past them. Guards start to pursue.

CUT TO:

EXT. EDGE OF TRAILER PARK

Juliet runs across a road. A car sounds its horn, barely missing her.

CUT TO:

INT. EQUITAS

Juliet runs as gunfire follows her.

CUT TO:

Tegan sits next to Gael. Gael looks serious.

Gael: How long do you think they’ll be?

Tegan sighs.

Tegan: Royce said they should be back by tomorrow. If nothing goes wrong.

Gael nods looking serious. Tegan watches him.

Tegan: I think that Royce knows what he’s doing. He’s gonna bring Liliana here...and we’ll start to get somewhere.

Gael smiles sadly but it quickly fades.

Gael: It’s where we’ll get to that I’m afraid of.

Tegan narrows her brow. Gael looks at her.

Gael: If Grace is in Amethyst-

Tegan: Gael we don’t-

Gael: If she’s in Amethyst...how the hell is Liliana or anyone else gonna be able to get to her?

His eyes plead with Tegan for a response. However Tegan has nothing. She shakes her head slightly. Gael knows that this is the reality.

Gael: I’ll be back at 5 for my shift.

Tegan nods, wishing there was more she could do. Gael stands and heads for the door. Tegan glances at the screen. Her expression changes to alarm as she stares at the screen. Her eyes widen as she looks from monitor to monitor.

Tegan: Gael!

Gael turns back as he is about to leave. As he sees the monitors he too looks shocked and hurries over. The screens are all blank. Tegan breathes quickly and gets up. She hurries to the door. Gael looks worried.

Gael: Tegan, wait!

CUT TO:

EXT. PARK, BELVIEW, NIGHT

“Everyday” by Carly Comando begins to play. Everything falls into slow motion. Juliet runs forwards, her face desperate.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Tegan runs through the surveillance room door as the main doors burst open. Tegan’s eyes widen as many figures dressed in riot gear pour in, aiming what appear to be dart guns. Gael appears behind her and mimics her look of shock as the figures aim their guns at them. Tegan is hit by a dart in her neck and falls back into Gael’s arms. He looks horrified, but then he too is hit in the neck and falls back against the wall. The figures run past them.

CUT TO:

EXT. STREET, BELVIEW, NIGHT

Juliet runs onwards.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN FIRST-LOWER CORRIDOR

Bethany appears out of Josef’s room, frowning at the noises from above. She sees the riot masks and her eyes widen.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 10

She backs into the room and runs for the bed.

CUT TO:

Aura runs forwards, towards the danger. One of the invaders meets her on the stairs. Before she can react a dart hits her in the neck like the others. She falls back, lifeless.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 16

Erica screws up her eyes as she hugs her children close to her. The door is forced open. Erica looks over. The invaders shoot at them.

CUT TO:

INT. FIRST LOWER-CORRIDOR

Lucas backs away from the door as the invaders enter. They shoot him and Marcia and both of them fall back unconscious.

CUT TO:

EXT. STREET, BELVIEW

Juliet runs onwards.

CUT TO:

INT. DOMINIC’S ROOM

Dominic tries to fight off one of the invaders and kicks him to the wall. He prepares to defend himself against another but a dart hits him. He falls like the rest.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 10

Bethany watches several pairs of feet from under the bed. The mattress is ripped off. She covers her face as darts rain down upon her.

CUT TO:

INT. STAFF CORRIDOR

Sam emerges and sees Aura’s body surrounded by the invaders. They shoot at him and falls back.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 21

Mark is clutching Elle’s hand as the invaders burst in. Mark screws up his eyes as they aim for him and Elle.

CUT TO:

EXT. STREETS OF BELVIEW

Juliet turns a corner and runs; Haven is in her sight.

CUT TO:

EXT. SUMMERTIME GENERAL

Juliet runs into the street and is met with a number of police vans and figures everyone. She looks around at them in horror. Face after face turns to her. Deirdre Kyre walks out of the crowd and sees her as other figures dressed in riot gear approach her. Juliet begins to back away. The music softens.

Deirdre: Juliet DeLuise...

Juliet stares back at her, rage and fear in her eyes. Deirdre narrows her eyes. She looks one of the guards and nods. Juliet opens her mouth but says nothing. She is hit with two darts in the neck. Juliet gasps slightly and falls back. Deirdre watches. The guards move in towards her body. The camera pans away from the scene. The music continues over the credits.

THE END