PDA

View Full Version : A Twilight identity nobody has thought of...yet

SlayerFest 98
11-04-09, 07:21 AM
I've been reading most of the threads in this forum and others and I have yet to see someone mention the big bad from season 4....Adam

1. Think about it, Adam wasn't the typical big bad in the buffyverse, he was different because he had a really warped concept of good and bad and believed he was serving the greater good.

2. Twilight also believes he's serving the greater good even though his actions are sketchy.

3. Someone previously mentioned it was Riley because they had the same Uniform but we later found out Riley is not Twilight since he works for him. But...Adam was also a member of the Initiatives

4. Like Twilight, Adam is also capable of great intelligence and Tactical Strategy and could of manipulated Riley into joining him which he did in season 4! Adam also had alot of patience, even when Spike's plan backfires.

5. Twilight is able to fly and beat Buffy to a bloody pulp, Buffy was no match for Adam and had to resort to magic inorder to defeat him. Since he's half robot, technology has enabled him to flow in the air.

6. The initiative was a government organization...the government is trying to wipe out the slayers....see the connection

7. Besides all this, I also believe the cyborgs in the final season of "Ats" is connected since the assasins tried to control Angel with a magical device. Since the show was cancelled and their origin was never mentioned, Joss would probably take the oppurtunity to connect the two.

8. In "After The Fall", it was mentioned that there where other forces than W&H that are involved...government related perhaps?

9. Did taking out the reactor really kill him. He could of easily been resurrected!

.................................................. .................................................. ....
If my theory is incorrect, then my second candidate would be Angel. Going back to the last season of Ats and the ninja cyborgs, they could of found a way to control Angel and fulfill the shanshu prophecy by bringing him to the "Evil side" without turning him into Angelus. Thats when Spike steps in and defeats Angel.
.................................................. .................................................. ....
My third theory is Hank and he uses Dawn as a mole since he has emotional leverage over her.

KingofCretins
11-04-09, 08:20 AM
This will probably be merged into the other thread, but I'll answer anyway.

I've been reading most of the threads in this forum and others and I have yet to see someone mention the big bad from season 4....Adam

1. Think about it, Adam wasn't the typical big bad in the buffyverse, he was different because he had a really warped concept of good and bad and believed he was serving the greater good.

Well, that isn't *completely* unique... the Mayor was actually pretty much the genuine article. He meant all his speeches, he just figured he should also be a big snake and eat people.

2. Twilight also believes he's serving the greater good even though his actions are sketchy.

We don't really know quite what Twilight believes about what he's doing. Other than that he is not chaotic evil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)#Chaotic_Evil). Neither was Adam, of course. But "greater good" is a stretch to attribute to either of them.

3. Someone previously mentioned it was Riley because they had the same Uniform but we later found out Riley is not Twilight since he works for him. But...Adam was also a member of the Initiatives

Well, the original Riley theory was a bit more detailed (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2637) that that. But even if we stick to the visual... Twilight is very much lacking the huge implants, crazy robot arm, etc, to suggest that's Adam under there.

4. Like Twilight, Adam is also capable of great intelligence and Tactical Strategy and could of manipulated Riley into joining him.

Adam wasn't much with the charisma -- I don't think on his best day he could have actually talked Riley into anything.

5. Twilight is able to fly and beat Buffy to a bloody pulp, Buffy was no match for Adam and had to resort to magic inorder to defeat him. Since he's half robot, technology has enabled him to flow in the air.

Adam showed no indication of flight or even much leaping ability, nor did he show even close to the actual physical strength of Twilight (who thus far looks like he's the strongest character we've seen outside the Big Three -- Glory, Jasmine, Illyria).

6. The initiative was a government organization...the government is trying to wipe out the slayers....see the connection

From what we've been given, "the government" isn't Twilight, nor is Twilight the government. Governments are things he uses to serve his purposes, just like he used Roden, probably is using Harmony, and may have used Toru.

7. Besides all this, I also believe the cyborgs in the final season of "Ats" is connected since the assasins tried to control Angel with a magical device. Since the show was cancelled and their origin was never mentioned, Joss would probably take the oppurtunity to connect the two.

Now, a LOT of people see a possible connection to the cyborgs from "Lineage", and I'm right there with them, it would make a lot of sense. But connecting those to Adam? There's not much there.

8. In "After The Fall", it was mentioned that there where other forces than W&H that are involved...government related perhaps?

I don't really remember what you're referring to.

9. Did taking out the reactor really kill him. He could of easily been resurrected!

Well, it would take replacing the reactor, I assume. But he probably has rotted or been eaten by whatever that was that Buffy and Spike killed long before, since the Army didn't clear out the place.

If my theory is incorrect, then my second candidate would be Angel. Going back to the last season of Ats and the ninja cyborgs, they could of found a way to control Angel and fulfill the shanshu prophecy by bringing him to the "Evil side" without turning him into Angelus. Thats when Spike steps in and defeats Angel.

Sounds as decent as any other Angel theory, but there's *no chance at all* Joss would have Spike "save the day" and be the guy to defeat Twilight. Less than none.

My third theory is Hank and he uses Dawn as a mole since he has emotional leverage over her.

Again, as good as any theory, but I doubt we've got two moles running around -- Riley is that guy, and his information comes unwittingly from Buffy herself.

Thomas
11-04-09, 08:28 AM
Firstly, I'd like to point out that there's another "Who's Twilight?" thread.

As for it being Adam, I actually did say that in like, the first "Who's Twilight?" thread, but I'm guessing I was looked at like I was absolutely nuts since it was never brought up again as an actual option.

I could live with it, honestly. Considering Adam is nothing but technology, I could defiantly see him getting an even more human like form and being Twilight. Upgraded technology could easily explain the flight and the strength.

It doesn't have to be the government's doing, just some 3rd party who got a hold of the technology.

Koos
11-04-09, 08:49 AM
Straight from the beginning ADAM has been discussed. The same as with FutureXander and Caleb. ADAM was one of the first options that had been presented. Most of those theories haven't been discussed in a while, because we need more info and other theories became more plossible. ADAM is very a solid idea, it would fit very well. But I don't think so. An upgraded or newly build ADAM would be more likely. But it would be kind of boring compared to some other possible theories.

Nina
11-04-09, 11:08 AM
I don't really remember what you're referring to.

Well we never heard who it were, we probably we will find out. But it were forces/powers that were stronger than the SP. So I doubt it is the goverment, it's probably the PtB or the Old Ones. Angel also found that weird old language (he blamed Illyria for that, and he was wrong).

SlayerFest 98
11-04-09, 11:17 AM
But then again it cannot be Adam because Twilight pulls his mask and scratches his face and there didn't appear to be green demon skin graphs.

Adam does not feel pain or itching sensation so this basically rules out vampires and demons as well.

We don't really know quite what Twilight believes about what he's doing. Other than that he is not chaotic evil. Neither was Adam, of course. But "greater good" is a stretch to attribute to either of them.

I beg the differ, Adam had a vision for humanity much like Twilight has a vision. Adam's vision was a world of super-humans. Didn't Joss Whedon mention in an interview that a true villain has a "different perspective and that he/she is partially correct"?

Adam was very logical..so much as Twilight when he symphathizes with Buffy's intentions and says the world cannot contain all those slayers.

Twilight is very much lacking the huge implants, crazy robot arm, etc, to suggest that's Adam under there.
Twilight is covered from top to bottom so its difficult to tell the difference.

Adam wasn't much with the charisma -- I don't think on his best day he could have actually talked Riley into anything.
I believe it was Spike who compared him to the demon version of "Anthony Robins" and spoke of how great of a motivational speaker Adam is.

[/I]Now, a LOT of people see a possible connection to the cyborgs from "Lineage", and I'm right there with them, it would make a lot of sense. But connecting those to Adam? There's not much there.[/I]
- During World War II, the Initiatives vested interest in Angel and tried to recuit him.
- During the last season of Ats, Ninja Cyborgs, one of them posing as the watcher's council, tried to steal a magical device so that they could enslave and control Angel.
- During Ats "After the Fall", Angel mentions that there are other forces than W&H trying to take over.

You're right, there is no connection but there is to the "Initiatives".

Going back to the Ninja Cyborgs, it was mentioned that they where wiping out demons and vampire nests. Perhaps could it be that Giles, Wesley's father, and other surviving watcher's council members coming up with this very secret plan that Buffy is not in on.

Well we never heard who it were, we probably we will find out. But it were forces/powers that were stronger than the SP. So I doubt it is the goverment, it's probably the PtB or the Old Ones. Angel also found that weird old language (he blamed Illyria for that, and he was wrong).
Exactly!