PDA

View Full Version : Buffy 8.26 "Retreat", Part I Solicitation, Covers, and Blurb

KingofCretins
08-04-09, 02:45 AM
Two of the best covers we've gotten from both artists, and probably Chen's best so far --

Jo Chen cover (http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0904/07/buffy26a.htm)
Georges Jeanty cover (http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0904/07/buffy26b.htm)

Blurb -- Written by Jane Espenson, pencils by Georges Jeanty, inked by Andy Owens, colored by Michelle Madsen, covers by Jeanty and Jo Chen.

Team Buffy has become all about sneaky in a world where Slayers are now feared and hated, and vampires would rank at the top of a popularity poll. All hands are on deck as Scotland's brand-newest Slayer headquarters comes under attack; but, when things get more than a little fried, Buffy has to punt. There are yaks. Presenting Buffy on the defensive in "Retreat."[/quote]

Thoughts on blurb -- [spoiler]I really like this from the look of it. Dawn is back to normal. Oz is back, Faith and Giles are there, Kennedy, Satsu, and Leah are all back in the fold. The whitehat wagons have circled, and I think this is the beginning of a 15 issue rollercoaster like what the last seven issues of "Angel: After the Fall" were.

vampmogs
08-04-09, 02:52 AM
Oops we've down two threads King :roll: Don't worry I'll delete mine! (oops.. tried and failed.. it wouldn't let me. We'll have to get the mods to, or just merge them)

I really love both covers. Chen's is beyond awesome, you just couldn't possibly get any better than that. And I just love what Jeanty's cover represents and just look at that ensemble.. Buffy, Xander, Willow, (normal) Dawn, Oz, Giles, Faith, Kennedy, Andrew, Satsu, Leah, Rowena... what a cast. No wonder 'Retreat' is five issues long! I haven't liked a cast this much since season three, six of those characters are in my top ten. :2party:

Chen's cover is great, I love how Twilight is on it and *Warren* The guy looks very freaky! I didn't like Moline's Warren, I thought he looked like a turtle. I remember how creepy I thought he looked when Jeanty drew him back in 'The Long Way Home' and this cover has just captured that horror all over again.

I'm very excited for this arc, I can't wait to see Oz again and Giles and Faith enter the mix.

KingofCretins
08-04-09, 02:57 AM
My sincerest hope for the season, looking at the Jeanty cover, is that all those pictured there really are whitehats for good and all. No Twilight there, no traitor. It just wouldn't be any fun anymore, ya know?

Koos
08-04-09, 02:02 PM
Wouldn't count on it. Hell, I'd say that all good reunion stuff that it appears to be, makes the chances of betrayel bigger.