PDA

View Full Version : So... how was it for you?

slaycandy
17-03-09, 11:42 AM
Wow, that was an intense night! I really wish that things had not gone horribly wrong in the last week or so, from delaying the event, to getting cracked ribs, to having my laptop crash the night of the sodding event! I wound up sitting in a freezing office with my coat on wrapped up like an idiot, because it was the only PC I could get my hands on! Lol. By the end of the night I was just dying! I couldn't stay awake any longer. I haven't slept properly in about a week, so I am constantly tired (with 2 cracked ribs, and one of them close to becoming a break it's impossible to get into a good position for sleep!) ad I eventually caved.

I really wish I had been nice and healthy and able to fully enjoy the event, I'd planned to be up until about 5am partying on with everyone else and squeeing away about all the amazing awards we got! Damn me and my crappy luck!!

But I walked away with quite a few awards, most of which I really wasn't expecting due to my lack of art in 2008 (something that will be remedied this year I can tell you!!) so that was pretty awesome! And I really loved the shock! factor the special announcement gave since most of our members were not expecting it! :-D

I think the 'map to the AFAs' and the pre-posting really worked because I often went into a thread to edit it and there would be about 5 lurkers sitting waiting for me to add awards lol. So it was cool that people actually knew where to go this time!

Anyway, over to you! I was to hear about your highlights and lowlights about the event, so that I know what really worked, and what didn't work so well!!!

*hugs*
SJ
xox

Cinderela
18-03-09, 02:05 AM
Wow! How can I be the first poster here?

Where to start - there are no words to express how deeply all your work and sacrafice to make this event so incredicble is appreciated by everyone, SJ! (Taking a little liberty, but I am pretty sure everyone else feels the same way!) You can't be thanked enough!

And all you work was doubly appreciated considering your computer and health proablems. That you didn't get the chance to enjoy the results of all your work was totally crappy!

The pre-event posting thread was a genius idea - we were all squeeing and power posting and having a ton of fun anticipating what was to come! And there were some incredible new outfits designed just for the event! I myself was inspired to cram in a couple of hours power PS to put together a few outfits I wasn't humiliated to be seen in.

The map was also genius - I was probably one of the lurkers waiting and F5ing like mad waiting for the next awards.

I'm so proud to be a part of the BF community here and very proud to be *probably* one of the newest AFA members!

Thanks, SJ to you and all of the others that worked so hard to pull off this event. I look forward to being a contributing and productive AFA member during this year.

Ehlwyen
18-03-09, 02:31 PM
How am I the second to post? I didnít even have internet yesterday!

Iím at work now but, omg! I have to at least squee at the awesomeness that was this years award ceremony. SJ, you were phenomenal in how you managed everything so smoothly. Truly Iím in awe.

The awards were works of art in themselves, thank you everyone! And it was so much fun to get to hang out with everyone and be a part of such a whirlwind of appreciation of the community.

I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER SJ! I was shocked when I read that you had cracked ribs?!!!! Anyway, the only thing I wished was there was a little more time between each announcement. But obviously I understand this years need. Hopefully next year you wonít be equally maimed or in pain. *crosses fingers*

:hug::heart::hf2::xd:2party: to everyone that joined in this years afa!!!

slaycandy
18-03-09, 02:58 PM
Hopefully next year you wonít be equally maimed or in pain. *crosses fingers*

Here's hoping!!! Lol. Yeah, I have 2 cracked ribs and one is on the verge of becoming a break so I have been given a stern warning by my doctor to be super super careful, :S

SJ
xox

Jenni Lou
18-03-09, 07:29 PM
Well, I thought it was amazing! And fun! And unexpected! And shocking! And fast! :p

It was a spectacular event. I'm so glad you came up with the idea last year. It really feels like something we ought to do!

Plus, I am still having warm fuzzies from the special announcement thread. :wub:

Pandora's_Box
19-03-09, 01:02 AM
Congratulations again Sarah-Jane for this truly sparking evening (well night for me actually).

I am totally amazed by the amount of work you delivered, including beyond gorgeousness awards!

You truly are a loving and generous person.

There will be rep for you as soon as they let me...and for now, a big kiss and all my gratitude and respect for what you've accomplished.

xxx
Clťment

debbiefm
19-03-09, 06:51 PM
Wow where to start, a truly amazing night.:2party: Even with poor SJ's ribs, her laptop going down, the delay, I think it went really well. Personally I loved all the back and forth between the threads, I think it adds to the excitement. I acutally managed to snag two awards that were soooo not expected.:D

The map to AFA's was a genius idea and something we def. should keep for next year. Also there should be at least a week between the nominations closing and the ceremony beginning, cause the was waaaay to much pressure for SJ. Apart from that you just can't fault the AFA's, it's like a well oiled machine and I love how we all pull together to make this happen.

Just wanted to say big thanks again to SJ for the tremendous amount of work she does, Nikki for hosting this wonderful event and Dana for advertising it. Oh nearly forgot.....thanks to everyone who made awards because what's a ceremony without some.:lol: